Controversial Theory: Venus exalted in Aquarius

Hermeshadesluna

I know this might seem left field as all **** (blame my Jupiter-Uranus square and my Mercury-Uranus sesiququadrate), but since Aquarius is about bringing progress to humanity, wouldn't place Venus in exaltation because that brings the subjective focus of the energy to a higher level. I know Aquarius is also ruled by Saturn, but Saturn tends to bring things out of the air into something tangible and brings a sense of constancy to it. Also, both planetary energies are of the air element, with Uranus being the esoteric ruler of Libra and Venus being the esoteric ruler of Gemini. Yes, I know that it seems that Pisces is a good fit for the exaltation of Venus, with it being ruled by Jupiter and Neptune, but in traditional astrology Jupiter was the higher mind and Neptune even though it's a modern planet, is more about comfort and emotions to me, so that would be the higher octave of the Moon, since the creative aspects of Luna tends to be overlooked. Let's not forget that Venus is the daughter of Uranus. I know Uranus is detached but so is Venus if you think about it, since it's more about mental pleasure than emotional satisfaction. I know I'm all over the place with this

Last edited:

greybeard

Yup. You're all over the place.

Venus rules Taurus and Libra, is exalted in Pisces. This has worked pretty well according to all reports for about 2000 years.

waybread

Hermes, as an Aquarius Venus, I appreciate the promotion. But really, rulership is more than a simple affinity. A sign ruler has to work well as a house cusp ruler in several different types of astrology.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Very interesting theory. Following the theoretical mindset of debate, I have to point out that the core function of Venus is to share loving feelings. And Aquarius is a cold, detached, rather mercurial sign, whom many blame with an inability to truly feel.

Its like Venus in Virgo without the critical nature, and with more expansiveness and big ideas to help humanity, not helping and assisting on small details.

If I were to pick a better point of theoretical exaltation, it would be Venus in Leo. Venus is warmed by the Sun, and is thus generous, demonstrative, magnanimous and affectionate.

In real life, I've observed Venus in Aquarius can be oddly unloving. The placement holder fights for fairness, humanitarian ideas, and can be one to sacrifice significant personal time and effort fighting for the underdogs and for those concepts.

Yet tell them that their son or daughter needs a hug, or their child need love, affection and encouragement, make them "feel" better and loved -- and they are surprisingly deficient, or in other cases, completely confused and don't know what to do. They just don't get feelings and how to transmit love in this respect.

For those reasons Venus in Aqua concept doesn't jibe with me. Venus work well in Pisces (a water sign of feeling and sacrifice for love).

ardentika

Venus shows the way we love. So of course I agree with you. Not only do I agree but Venus can and should be exhaled in all signs. Who dares to tell me my loving style is detrimental or fall lol.
It's MY way. This is why I stay away from ancient astrology because astrology itself is a reflection of the growth of human consciousness.

Venus is ruler of Libra, but Libra can be very sperficial. Is superficiality connected to real love? Of course not. As you see it's a matter of perspective.

I've mentioned this before that I find it funny how the signs placed in the fall or detriment section seem to me as they should be the exhaltation. And here is why.
Venus in Scorpio are those people who can love so deeply and truly it hurts. They are the people who believe passionately in love and believe in soulmates. Isn't that how love should be?

Venus in Virgo are those people who will make you a cup of coffee in the morning, or drive you to work, or tuck you in while you sleep. Isn't love in the small things?

So I genuinely don't believe in dignities and debilities. To me it's just a matter of perspective. Also crippling to people rather than empowering them.

blackbery

I totally disagree with you that love is more potent when Venus is in Scorpio
It is too emotional in this sign, too extreme being ruled by Pluto.
Have you ever seen a Venus in Scorpio being rejected?:crying:
They can turn very cruel and even become dangerous.

Venus in Fire people are passionate but again, the heat can turn cold.
The reason why Venus rules Libra is because of the balance and harmony and ability to compromise in matters of the heart & friendships. It is sweet and gentle in this sign, not loud or obnoxious or greedy or lustful or envious.

Venus in Air people are generally less extreme in their emotions & that could be considered superficial but love is not about getting your own needs satiated; it's about the other person as well. It's not about drama and having good sex.

There's a good reason why Venus is exalted in Pisces- they want a complete merge with the other which is true love. Their romantic vision is so sweet that it sings like a nightingale when in full bloom. Almost a religious experience. But sometimes they are left with unrequited love as their emotional nature is so pure, so gentle that it almost cannot be matched in this 3 dimensional world.
But they pour their hearts into art, poetry and bring their romantic vision to us.

Venus in Virgo people you mention are very practical about love. Not the most romantic of signs. This is why it is in its fall in this sign. They love but it's tainted with the element of martyrdom. Love is not about sacrificing your own needs to serve the other. Or they can go the other way & make the other their 'victim'. Again, it's about the lack of balance and fair play.

Astrology rules are built on ancient knowledge otherwise there would be no rhyme or reason to any of it. :innocent::innocent::innocent:

p.s. The reason why Aquarius can never rule Venus is because of the Uranus element which rules Aquarius. They are loyal and capble of love but can turn it off as quick as can be. And if you look further as Saturn being the traditional ruler, that is not a comfortable placement with Venus because of the coldness and rigidity of Saturn.

Venus shows the way we love. So of course I agree with you. Not only do I agree but Venus can and should be exhaled in all signs. Who dares to tell me my loving style is detrimental or fall lol.
It's MY way. This is why I stay away from ancient astrology because astrology itself is a reflection of the growth of human consciousness.

Venus is ruler of Libra, but Libra can be very sperficial. Is superficiality connected to real love? Of course not. As you see it's a matter of perspective.

I've mentioned this before that I find it funny how the signs placed in the fall or detriment section seem to me as they should be the exhaltation. And here is why.
Venus in Scorpio are those people who can love so deeply and truly it hurts. They are the people who believe passionately in love and believe in soulmates. Isn't that how love should be?

Venus in Virgo are those people who will make you a cup of coffee in the morning, or drive you to work, or tuck you in while you sleep. Isn't love in the small things?

So I genuinely don't believe in dignities and debilities. To me it's just a matter of perspective. Also crippling to people rather than empowering them.

Last edited:

ardentika

Haha I have seen yeah, I am Venus scorpio plus my dad and many if my friends, and I can tell you those people can love deeply and unconditionally as any other. What you did is tell me basically why Venus is exhalted which again prooves my point that it is a matter of perspective. You said yourself that even Venus in Pisces being exhalted can lead to unrequited love. When a sign that's exhalted can fail so miserably at committment then why is it exhalted at all. Venus shows to what we committ too.

And again it's a perspective. I just can't fit it in my head how ancient old knowledge can work in modern times, and its obvious that it can't because many people prove "wrong" their bad placements. Simply because we grow collectively and we mature as a race. So it still looks silly to me to apply nowadays a rule establsihed 2000 y ago. It's limiting and disempowering.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending my Venus or anything. I sure as hell know it's downside, but I know its strength as well. No one has the right to say whats right or wrong in love because it's perspective. I got sick of that word myself but its the truest thing ever. You yourself even spoke about love being a sacrifice... who can sacrifice better than the God of death and rebirth, transformation and transmutation?

blackbery

Having a sign in its exaltation doesn't imply that the person will be any happier in love. But that's not what we are discussing here.
We are discussing if Venus could be exalted in Aquarius.
I gave my reasons why it cannot be so.

And why Venus in Scorpio is too extreme to be ruled by gentle Venus. Once again, Pluto is too extreme to rule over the sweet planet.:biggrin:

There are plenty of happy marriages with Venus in Scorpio people.
They do love deeply and are emotional as all water signs are.
But their love is selfish, lustful, envious and about fulfilling their egos. And woe to those who are at the end of a Venus in Scorpio vindictive or angry act because they hurt them in love or rebuffed their attention. Obsession is a word you can easily use for Venus in Scorpio. Does that sound balanced to you?:andy::andy::andy:

Venus in Pisces wants to surrender their ego to the other. That's why in its highest manifestation it is exalted here.
That's why often they have deep disappointment in affairs of the heart.But not always.

I have a Fire Venus and am very passionate, loyal and affectionate. But I can honestly say that it's not balanced. I can disappear very quickly if I'm not getting the attention I want. Can be very selfish & it's too attached to the emotions/ego.

So I understand fully why Venus rules Libra and makes perfect sense to me.You may believe whatever you like & put rulerships over whatever sign you like. But that's not astrology if you don't follow the basic rules!:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Haha I have seen yeah, I am Venus scorpio plus my dad and many if my friends, and I can tell you those people can love deeply and unconditionally as any other. What you did is tell me basically why Venus is exhalted which again prooves my point that it is a matter of perspective. You said yourself that even Venus in Pisces being exhalted can lead to unrequited love. When a sign that's exhalted can fail so miserably at committment then why is it exhalted at all. Venus shows to what we committ too.

And again it's a perspective. I just can't fit it in my head how ancient old knowledge can work in modern times, and its obvious that it can't because many people prove "wrong" their bad placements. Simply because we grow collectively and we mature as a race. So it still looks silly to me to apply nowadays a rule establsihed 2000 y ago. It's limiting and disempowering.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending my Venus or anything. I sure as hell know it's downside, but I know its strength as well. No one has the right to say whats right or wrong in love because it's perspective. I got sick of that word myself but its the truest thing ever. You yourself even spoke about love being a sacrifice... who can sacrifice better than the God of death and rebirth, transformation and transmutation?

Last edited:

ardentika

Having a sign in its exaltation doesn't imply that the person will be any happier in love. But that's not what we are discussing here.
We are discussing if Venus could be exalted in Aquarius.
I gave my reasons why it cannot be so.

And why Venus in Scorpio is too extreme to be ruled by gentle Venus. Once again, Pluto is too extreme to rule over the sweet planet.:biggrin:

There are plenty of happy marriages with Venus in Scorpio people.
They do love deeply and are emotional as all water signs are.
But their love is selfish, lustful, envious and about fulfilling their egos. And woe to those who are at the end of a Venus in Scorpio vindictive or angry act because they hurt them in love or rebuffed their attention. Obsession is a word you can easily use for Venus in Scorpio. Does that sound balanced to you?:andy::andy::andy:

Venus in Pisces wants to surrender their ego to the other. That's why in its highest manifestation it is exalted here.
That's why often they have deep disappointment in affairs of the heart.But not always.

I have a Fire Venus and am very passionate, loyal and affectionate. But I can honestly say that it's not balanced. I can disappear very quickly if I'm not getting the attention I want. Can be very selfish & it's too attached to the emotions/ego.

So I understand fully why Venus rules Libra and makes perfect sense to me.You may believe whatever you like & put rulerships over whatever sign you like. But that's not astrology if you don't follow the basic rules!:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I respect your opinion.
But.

Rules are made to be broken. :rightful: - and yeah that came out totally out of natal Jupiter in Sag, in 9th house. Hahaha

I'm ending the spam. ^^

love-thinking

I know this might seem left field as all **** (blame my Jupiter-Uranus square and my Mercury-Uranus sesiququadrate), but since Aquarius is about bringing progress to humanity, wouldn't place Venus in exaltation because that brings the subjective focus of the energy to a higher level. I know Aquarius is also ruled by Saturn, but Saturn tends to bring things out of the air into something tangible and brings a sense of constancy to it. Also, both planetary energies are of the air element, with Uranus being the esoteric ruler of Libra and Venus being the esoteric ruler of Gemini. Yes, I know that it seems that Pisces is a good fit for the exaltation of Venus, with it being ruled by Jupiter and Neptune, but in traditional astrology Jupiter was the higher mind and Neptune even though it's a modern planet, is more about comfort and emotions to me, so that would be the higher octave of the Moon, since the creative aspects of Luna tends to be overlooked. Let's not forget that Venus is the daughter of Uranus. I know Uranus is detached but so is Venus if you think about it, since it's more about mental pleasure than emotional satisfaction. I know I'm all over the place with this

This is interesting, and since I have a venus in aquarius and my friend has a venus in pisces, and we're both libra asc, I thought I'd share my opinion.

So it's hard to differentiate between when my moon is operating vs my venus. So I'll let you be the judge. Moon in taurus opposite pluto in the 8th trine neptune(which is also conjunct mars). Venus in aquarius in fifth house quintile pluto below 0.5 degrees.

Me: I triggered jealousy from my ex partner due to having guy friends of the opposite sex who I had no feelings towards whatsoever. However, I've been obsessed with my ex for two years, although I'd never do anything about it. I'm just not over him. In love, I've had my boundaries passed various times, taken advantage of, done almost too much for men. However, I have an extremely vengeful side which can tear you apart with only words. It's also not easy for me to fall in love no matter how desirable the man is. There are a set of things that make me fall for you but that is another dynamic altogether which I will not include here.

My friend has venus in pisces, moon opposite neptune, the girl is way too giving in relationships and wears rose coloured glasses. She's too nice to everyone, and will spend a lot of money on you, and be the least demanding. She also like a typical water sign, usually knows what's going on but gives herself a good reason to stay(moon in cancer) which usually ends up working against her. There's usually nothing I can do about it except for whine over how weak girls in love are and wish I could make her stop loving so hard.

So I think I read somewhere that exaltion sign is like a challenge that the planet is completely happy encounterng in order to grow. I think in general exaltion signs can manifest in a negative way. But I feel like isolating one aspect is not a good thing.

For example, venus in pisces can be a good lover. But if the person has malefics in the 7th house, has malefics or hard aspects to their moon(which in general rules how they instinctually relate to everybody), and with someone who also has malefics to 7th house ruler or mars, then venus in pisces will almost always manifest in a negative way.

Now venus in aquarius can manifest in an interesting way. It likes to joke around and share ideas and thinks it isn't a big deal having friends of the opposite sex. Now any aspect to venus to pluto regardless of hard or easy, any plutonic aspect to the moon, and you have a very intense person whose stingers do come out when they are hurt. It gives a scorpion vibe to the way this person relates which is flavoured by another sign. (Remember again, orb is important, 6-7 degrees for hard aspects, 1-2 for easy aspects, 3-4 for trines)

Venus in aquarius isn't bad actually as saturn and venus are friends. It definitely isn't a bad sign to be in and it's a certainly better sign than scorpio for venus to be in (unless you want magnetism) which brings me to my next point. Venus in aquarius also in my opinion is less likely to cheat, cause all their friends of the opposite sex isn't made for their bodies or desiribility, but their minds. And I'm of the opinion, that aquariuses less than anyone else would sexualize people.

Which brings me to why venus in scorpio or why moon in scorpio is shitty. Basically anything that has to do with relating being in the sign of scorpio is very likely to be terrible. (This also applies to venus-pluto or moon pluto although keep in mind squares and inconjunctions and to a certain degree oppositions will likely to have the worst manifestation of this energy). Scorpio is a neurotic, self-protective sign, which is also well-versed in the art of manipulation, truth seeking, revenge, and most importantly destruction.

So scorpio/pluto venuses and moons can manipulate their love interests into falling in love with them as it goes after what it wants without really caring about the consequences, then can surpass any type of boundary the lover has because it wants to probe into their mind so it knows what it's dealing with, wants control over mind, and body in ways that are almost perverse, and then the moment they feel even a tiny ounce that there is a possibility of betrayal, they will hurt you, either leave, cheat, or be spiteful and vengeful. Also because this is a sign of sex, relationships seem to be a prime focus. So after they left you for a mere delusional suspicion, they'll be back in the playing field before you even know it, like a true predator searching for their next prey. And before you know it, you become as ****** up as them.

I feel like again, plutonians do this to other fellow plutonians or other water sign venuses and moons. But usually as you can see that's how it is. There's no balance, only chaos with relationships, intensity, and emotions being the prime focus. All of them end in therapy because relationships like the one above will break your soul.

I hope this helps.

Another thing I'll add for scorpio is that scorpios are extremely sexual. So let's say in a day you **** him/her off, they'll naturally for the sake of vindictiveness and for the sake of the sexual high they get, easiliy sexualize someone else in front of you or behind your back. Because it gets them off in two ways. Now let's say you have a little bit of aries or even another reckless sign like gemini along with moon/venus scoprio/pluto, lmao, good luck. They also know the value of traits that make one powerful like money and beauty. Did you actually think that jealousy had nothing to do with scorpio's tactics?

Not to mention scorpios love situations of overpowering a thing of value and like pisces will love highly sexed, role-play worthy situations; just more taboo. So put him/her in a room with your desirible friend after you pissed him/her off. Even if she/he doesn't mention it, you'll smell phermones oozing out of the scorpio, but unlike some of the other sweet, charismatic, non-mars signs, they won't even apologize for it, they'll just scare you with their intense, glaring eyes.

Not a sign I would mess with. There's a reason why other types of relationships don't have jealousy. Pisces love to make people happy and Aquariuses would rather objectify ideas, then convert you to an object to over power and probe into. Sags although notorious for cheating, at least they make you laugh. I can go on but I'll stop here.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

waybread

Very interesting theory. Following the theoretical mindset of debate, I have to point out that the core function of Venus is to share loving feelings. And Aquarius is a cold, detached, rather mercurial sign, whom many blame with an inability to truly feel.

Its like Venus in Virgo without the critical nature, and with more expansiveness and big ideas to help humanity, not helping and assisting on small details.

If I were to pick a better point of theoretical exaltation, it would be Venus in Leo. Venus is warmed by the Sun, and is thus generous, demonstrative, magnanimous and affectionate.

In real life, I've observed Venus in Aquarius can be oddly unloving. The placement holder fights for fairness, humanitarian ideas, and can be one to sacrifice significant personal time and effort fighting for the underdogs and for those concepts.

Yet tell them that their son or daughter needs a hug, or their child need love, affection and encouragement, make them "feel" better and loved -- and they are surprisingly deficient, or in other cases, completely confused and don't know what to do. They just don't get feelings and how to transmit love in this respect.

For those reasons Venus in Aqua concept doesn't jibe with me. Venus work well in Pisces (a water sign of feeling and sacrifice for love).

As someone with Venus in Aquarius, along with sun and Mercury, I don't think you can apply this generalization across-the-board.

I have two children who are now adults, and when they were young, I gave them plenty of hugs. (After a while, a 16-year old boy isn't so thrilled by maternal hugs. Now at the age of 40, my son and I exchange strong heart-felt hugs when we see each other. We live some distance from one another.)

I am thrilled to be a grandmother now of his son, an adorable little guy, who gets plenty of hugs when I see him. And songs, stories, and games.

I think this theory about "cold aloof" Venus-in-Aquarius was started by manipulative controlling Scorpios, clingy Cancers, or insecure Pisces.

We need our space, and don't like to feel smothered. We do fine with other air signs.

On planet Aquarius, we are the normal ones.

Oh, and it goes without saying: you need to look at the whole chart. With my Venus in the 5th house of children and my moon in Leo, being a mom to children at home was the most important part of my life.

In traditional astrology, Venus is exalted in Pisces.

Do you have children, incidentally?

GemwDepth

Account Closed
As someone with Venus in Aquarius, along with sun and Mercury, I don't think you can apply this generalization across-the-board.

I have two children who are now adults, and when they were young, I gave them plenty of hugs. (After a while, a 16-year old boy isn't so thrilled by maternal hugs. Now at the age of 40, my son and I exchange strong heart-felt hugs when we see each other. We live some distance from one another.)

I am thrilled to be a grandmother now of his son, an adorable little guy, who gets plenty of hugs when I see him. And songs, stories, and games.

I think this theory about "cold aloof" Venus-in-Aquarius was started by manipulative controlling Scorpios, clingy Cancers, or insecure Pisces.

We need our space, and don't like to feel smothered. We do fine with other air signs.

Oh, and it goes without saying: you need to look at the whole chart. With my Venus in the 5th house of children and my moon in Leo, being a mom to children at home was the most important part of my life.

I knew I was going to offend someone. WB, it wasn't direct at you at all. :smile:

It was a generalization about the overall Aquarius 'energy' as expressed in social planets of feelings, than individual cases with other placements and contradictions involved.

When I first read your comments, my first instinct was - yes, but where is your moon? Moon is maternal, one of the relationship planets, it not only compensates for an airy Venus, and also works in conjunction with an airy Venus for a layered effect. And of course the Moon is doubly important for a woman.

Your Moon is in Leo, a very warm, affectionate moon. I personally have friends who adores their moms with Leo moons.

To me, your case is rather proof that myriad signs and placement works in conjunction, not that my Aqua theory on their overall detachment via relationship planets is misplaced. :)

Last edited:

waybread

I knew I was going to offend someone. WB, it wasn't direct at you at all. :smile:

It was a generation about the overall Aquarius 'energy' as expressed in social planets of feelings, than individual cases with other placements and contradictions involved.

When I first read your comments, my first instinct was - yes, but where is your moon? Moon is maternal, one of the relationship planets, it not only compensates for an airy Venus, and also works in conjunction with an airy Venus for a layered effect. And of course the Moon is doubly important for a woman.

Your Moon is in Leo, a very warm, affectionate moon. I personally have friends who adores their moms with Leo moons.

To me, your case is rather proof that myriad signs and placement works in conjunction, not that my Aqua theory on their overall detachment via relationship planets is misplaced. :)

Oh, I'm not offended. We Aquarians are emotionally detached, remember?

Thanks for your conciliatory post, but I think the slights directed against Aquarians are much more widespread than your post, and I get a little bit tired of them. It's like, did some well-known astrologer a long time ago decide that Aquarian Venusians were cold and unfeeling; and nobody else bothered to question this? (I note that one or two anecdotes do not a generalization make.)

Traditionally Venus in Aquarius could be good or bad, depending upon the minor essential and accidental dignities. Its fall is in watery Scorpio, and its detriment is in Aries.

Air is good. Air means thinking through the consequences of your actions, vs living life as a big soap opera. It is way better than being clingy, weepy, or manipulative. Air signs get along well with one another and with most of the fire signs. So who does that leave as the odd-sign-out?

Your Venus sign, perchance?

Moreover, I really oppose the kind of astrology that says there are "bad" placements based upon some rather smug judgmental interpretations. You know the kind: "lazy Libra," "businessman Capricorn," "fuss-budget Virgo," and so on.

In my universe, God doesn't make mistakes. People are not put on the planet merely to exemplify a basket of static personality traits, many of them negative, by whomever feels qualified to be so judgmental.

I much prefer a dynamic approach to chart interpretation. Why is this person on the planet? What is his/her trajectory as an incarnated soul? (Your interpretation may vary, and that's fine.)

I think the idea that Aquarius is a more "social" sign is better explained by it being the fixed air sign. To paraphrase Stephen Arroyo, ideas are very real to air signs; and once Aquarius believes that a given idea is correct, it is unlikely to drop it merely because it has become unfashionable. (Which is why some Aquarians like Sarah Palin are extreme conservatives.)

Also, in my experience, Aquarians have a perfect dread of being smothered by anyone who is too clingy, manipulative, or demanding. We do need our space, and respect others' space, as well.

Of my two sun-Virgo children, my son's moon is in Scorpio sextile his sun. My daughter's moon is in Pisces, opposite her sun-Mercury. I love both my children dearly, and I hope equally; but now that they're both in middle age, my relationship with my son is much easier than my relationship with my daughter. I've got the same moon in Leo, but their moons are different. The childrens' moon shows more about how they think about their mother; not the mother's moon.

I'm not offended at all by your post, just trying to offer my alternative perspective.

Cheers.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Your Venus sign, perchance?

My Venus is in Gemini. And I mostly agree with the societal description of how the 'energy' is expressed. I express my affection by being playful. And I can also see where the superficial, flaky, love-them-and-leave-them reputation comes from - if we are only judging a less mature nativity, with non-contradictory placements in the chart, and one that hasn't had decades of time to evolve and discover deeper aspects of their nativity.

My Venus has a lot going on, and all the aspects and placement fit, its like building blocks that tinges and builds up to a unique picture and design.

We Aquarians are emotionally detached, remember?

Yes but you have Sun square Pluto. And I remember... :joyful: :smile:

Last edited:

Hermeshadesluna

I know you were referring to someone else, but I feel like an Aqua Venus, with mine being in aspect to Uranus, in the 11th even though its in Leo, Aqua duad Cancer Sun, triseptile Uranus,

ardentika

In that stream if thought, why is not Venus inCapricorn detriment or fall? Venus in Capricorn people are the least showing emotions and affection and can be too harsh. Don't get me wrong, 4 of my friends have this but still haha I just wonder..

waybread

My Venus is in Gemini. And I mostly agree with the societal description of how the 'energy' is expressed. I express my affection by being playful. And I can also see where the superficial, flaky, love-them-and-leave-them reputation comes from - if we are only judging a less mature nativity, with non-contradictory placements in the chart, and one that hasn't had decades of time to evolve and discover deeper aspects of their nativity.

My Venus has a lot going on, and all the aspects and placement fit, its like building blocks that tinges and builds up to a unique picture and design.

Yes but you have Sun square Pluto. And I remember... :joyful: :smile:

Thanks for the insights on Venus in Gemini. I think of this placement as versatile, a good conversationalist, wanting mental stimulation from a partner.

BTW, I have sun opposite Pluto, not square.

blackbery

There is no need to take it so personally for this is a discussion about Rulerships. Aquarius traditional Ruler Saturn is not known for warmth and empathy. Water signs are more emotional. There is no need to make such broad, throwaway comments about Venus in Cancer or Venus in Pisces people.
You happened to pick all water signs that you feel are against you.
I spoke about why Venus cannot be exalted in Scorpio and there's a reason also why it cannot be exalted in Aquarius. It's too masculine, not sweet like sugar and pie like Libra. All air signs can be rather detached but Libra's detachment is very different from Aquarius detachment. Venus in Pisces are far from clingy. They love deeply, truly and often get hurt because they allow themselves to be vulnerable as they give over their egos to a higher form of love. That is the very opposite of insecurity. Overall, looking at the entire chart can give further clues as to how a person loves but the Rulership of Venus and dignities/fall of the signs make perfect sense if you truly understand what each sign represents. People really need to study Venus in greater depth.

Rulerships by sign Taurus (by night) / Libra (by day)
Signs of detriment Aries & Scorpio
Exaltation (sign & degree) Pisces - 27°
Fall (sign & degree) Virgo - 27 °

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/venus_att.html

Last edited:

blackbery

They are in control of their emotions which is a good thing. People can act in ways that are detrimental to themselves & others if they are not able to control themselves.
Being ruled by Saturn, they are not very affectionate and often enter relationships to attain material security. Their focus is more towards practical love yet their love is steady and enduring. That's a positive thing in long term relationships.

In that stream if thought, why is not Venus inCapricorn detriment or fall? Venus in Capricorn people are the least showing emotions and affection and can be too harsh. Don't get me wrong, 4 of my friends have this but still haha I just wonder..