Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 02-06-2012, 06:03 PM

Re: How did you get into astrology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReincarnatedRainbow View Post
What did they act like?
She was the class clown always making me laugh, getting me into trouble lol.

Sagittarius is my #1 dominant sign, Jupiter #2 dominant planet! Jupiter, Uranus & Neptune in the 9th. One day I'll travel the world! Japan you're first
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:06 PM

I'm going to go with Virgo, then

Or for getting you in trouble..That'd be Leo.
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReincarnatedRainbow View Post
I'm going to go with Virgo, then

Or for getting you in trouble..That'd be Leo.
lol yeah I think Virgo too!
Sagittarius is my #1 dominant sign, Jupiter #2 dominant planet! Jupiter, Uranus & Neptune in the 9th. One day I'll travel the world! Japan you're first
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:47 AM

I get into astrology by joking about it with my former job partners during my social working practice. I used to make to almost all the people there readings about their solar signs, their likes and dislikes, prefered type of friends and romantic partners, etc. Everybody there loved that stuff so I got hooked and here I am.

Conjunctions: Venus-Mars, Pluto-Saturn and Uranus-Jupiter.
Unread 05-22-2012, 02:55 PM

My dad inspired me. He always has had, and still has a great love for the Occult Sciences (specifically both Astrology and Palmistry). I've grown up watching my father read people's palms and read and intrepret Vedic natal charts, giving them the solutions to their various problems. So I guess it has become a family tradition now to learn the Arts, use them for the welfare of man-kind and hand it down to the next generation. I actually intend on teaching my kids them given the opportunity .

My father once read my palm recently (since the lines change over a period of time, based on the native's deeds), and he noticed that I have a perfectly distinct triangle on my right hand mount of Saturn. I have been told that apparently this is a sign making the subject want to learn about the unknown and the Occult Sciences. IT was this interpretation intrigued me into wanting to learn more about the Occult.

Since I had lots and lots of work to attend to at my previous employment, I never really had the time to study them. But now that I am not employed at the moment, I have decided to make the effort to learn Astrology.

So I decided to do online research on Astrology and Palmistry, and I came across this wonderful place and here I am.

By the way I'm very pleased to meet you all
Unread 05-22-2012, 03:24 PM

As a kid, I didn't really know anything about astrology, but at the age of 11 or 12, all the kids at school and in the neighbourhood were going "What's your sign"? etc and for fun, we looked them up in magazines. But nobody took it seriously. All I remember is thinking that I was nothing like I was supposed to be. I'm an Aries and one of the least fiery people you are likely to meet. I was curious to know why, but didn't know how to find out.

Then, in August 1992, I got my first proper job after leaving school. I was 17, and I started working at a horse riding stable and moved into accommodation provided by the proprietor. I shared the accommodation with a co-worker named Maria, and as we started getting to know one another, she told me about her interest in astrology. Maria was a Taurus with Taurus Moon and Aquarius rising. I guess it planted a seed, and once I started learning, it took root. About a year later, or so, I left the stables, and my friend Maria and I went our separate ways. We got back in touch about 6-7 years ago and it's funny how the tables turn. She's no longer into astrology, but I'll always be grateful for her input in those early days.

Looking back, I found there was a pattern regarding the friendships I made and family relationships. I've always found it easy to get on with Earth signs, and my closest friends have nearly all been Taurean. My rising sign is Virgo. I also have a soft spot for Water signs, but the best personal relationship I've had is with my husband who is a Gemini. I connect less well with fellow Fire signs, although still well enough to get along.

I checked my transits for the day I got the job at the stables, and there's nothing in my chart that really stands out, other than that the Moon was in Sagittarius (horse connection), and the Sun was in Leo.
Unread 05-22-2012, 03:53 PM

I was 14 years old or something like that, and there was a beautician at home, selling cosmetics to my mom. She asked my sun sign. I said Taurus, and she started telling what for person I am. I was interested immediately and started my research (mercury in 8th house, pluto in 3rd house speaking here ).
Unread 05-22-2012, 05:21 PM

I started knowing astrology because I wanted to know more about the girl i liked in the past and trying to find out more information about her and whether we can click or not then slowly from there i started to find that astrology, universe, the galaxy is so amazing and finally i am now an apprentice studying under my teacher hoping to unravel the mystery of astrology as times goes by
Unread 05-23-2012, 10:28 PM

I just started and I wanna know more about astrology
Unread 06-15-2012, 09:02 PM

I followed a link through an Astrologer named Denise Siegel.

My mother use to do Astrology and she was able to see a date I would possible have an accident, which happened when my car was rear ended and destroyed. Also on that day an airliner crashed and killed a bunch of people (February 14, 1990 – Indian Airlines Flight 605, an Airbus A320, crashes on its final approach to Bangalore (City now renamed to Bengaluru) airport. 92 out of 146 people on board are killed).

I thought it was pretty amazing my mother was able to get that from studying astrology.

I've never really had the time to study astrology to the point I could understand it in that detail, but I did looked over my astrological readings, and really enjoyed them.

I did take the time to test Astrocartography by studying where I lived, and also where I moved to, and was amazed by the results.
Unread 06-17-2012, 07:08 AM

I was reading someone's blog and noticed that he made a post about his sun sign and how he considered it important to relate to people of compatible signs. Out of curiosity I looked up our sun sign's compatibilities and then I started reading about how all of the planets are involved and I moved on from there!
Unread 06-17-2012, 03:34 PM

I was in England for a short holiday break, during a study year in Germany.
I was desperate for anything english, and decided to take as many books as i could carry, and dropped into a used bookstore in Cambridge for a look around. There in front of me on the counter, was Sargents' 'Rising Signs'.
I spent the rest of the day reading the entire book from cover to cover and I've been hooked ever since.....
Unread 07-10-2012, 05:11 PM

I got into it when i got quite ill during my pluto square pluto. I looked up a reflexologist on the internet to come and help. the first one cancelled and the second one turned up and she taught me astrology during the reflexology sessions. I was hooked ever since.

http://www.myastrologycharts.com
http://www.myastrologycharts.com/pluto/pluto.php
Unread 08-28-2012, 04:40 AM

My mom had the program "World of Wisdom" and printed me an interpretation of my birth chart. I was only about 12 at the time so I really didn't take it seriously, but after becoming an adult I learned there's so much more to astrology than the generalized sun sign horoscopes--that's when my intrigue took a turn for the better!
Unread 09-04-2012, 12:08 AM

My earliest memory of anything related to astrology was a person on tv who was telling horoscopes in Spanish. His name was Walter Mercado. My grandma seemed to place great importance on it so I was quiet so she could listen. Then on a school trip to the library I found books on the subject and I have been wrapped up in it ever since. It's a really fun and interesting hobby. I don't think anyone could ever know all there is to know about it because of all the combinations there could be. I think that is why I like it as well. I kind of love being frustrated! hehehe
Unread 09-13-2012, 10:55 PM

Well, my mother has been a medium and also liked to read charts to people in her free time. The first time I touched a book about astrology, was when I turned 11. My mom had a huge collection of books written by Osho about astrology, karma, spirits and such. I was completely in love with astrology, and the better, I could share my opinions and such to my mother too. I started to read charts of my class friends since I was 12. Now, it's just a hobby.
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:02 PM

A gemini...
wintersprite1 (10-01-2012)
Unread 10-01-2012, 07:22 AM

I've posted my story here http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=54590 and it got moved to celebrity astrology forum.

{moderator edit} The new addy for the post is here in the Natal Astrology forum. I think it may have been me that moved it and a slip of the mouse wheel put it in the wrong forum. Sorry for any confusion, and cool you were a Celeb for a month!

TK

Last edited by wintersprite1; 10-01-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: explaining and new post addy.
Unread 10-13-2012, 04:11 PM

My parents were doing a big spring clenaing in our house when I was about 8, 9 years old and in a box of books I found they were throwing away an astrology book. what actually caught my eye was the cover of the book, the zodiac wheel with all the symbols and the one that I liked the most was the symbol of VIRGO. It was the first one that hypnotized me straight away. So I picked the book and asked my dad what was that about and he said : that was all rubbish, to be thrown away. But I was stubborn (scorpio rising), I picked the book and started reading and after 2 minutes I asked: which one is my star sign?

I think that he knew...but he kept saying astrology was a bs...He really wanted to throw the book away but I kept it and devoured everything I could find about astrology, I was going really crazy about that. But back in the timen( It was 1987) in Rio de Janeiro, at the age of 8 there was nothing much and nobody I could really ask to give me books. So I got into reading about mythology from the Encyclopaedia Brittanica , and I readed about every planet/greek entity goddess I could. That was so rewarding, I would spend hours and hours reading and reading and the myths over and over again. When I was 12 I started looking for astrology books at school and municipal libraries...The process of understanding it was very slow hence, my family was not supportice, very skeptical parents.

But I m happy at 33 years old and I seek guidance from the stars and I try to help friends through it too.

Peace and Light to all of you.
Unread 11-03-2012, 06:43 AM

It's always bothered me that I fail to connect with people. I've always wondered why I can't make friends easier. I started studying astrology to look for an answer. It's help me understand myself better, as well as other people.
Unread 11-04-2012, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
It's always interesting to hear other peoples' experiences with astrology, so how did you get into it?

I began studying it about a year ago when Uranus was in trine with my natal Jupiter and Neptune was tightly conjunct my north node.
I started on my Saturn return at 29 years of age. I was sick of feeling a victim to the fates and wanted a more indepth understanding of life and my part in it. I learned to draw up charts manually with text books
and attended lectures and seminars. Bought books etc. I have Uranus conjunct NN in Gemini. That may have been triggered off as well as my Saturn Mercury conjunct Pluto and sextile Neptune in the 8th of life and death matters.. I also have a trine to Jupiter from Uranus.
Unread 11-04-2012, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen-Mab View Post
My parents were doing a big spring clenaing in our house when I was about 8, 9 years old and in a box of books I found they were throwing away an astrology book. what actually caught my eye was the cover of the book, the zodiac wheel with all the symbols and the one that I liked the most was the symbol of VIRGO. It was the first one that hypnotized me straight away. So I picked the book and asked my dad what was that about and he said : that was all rubbish, to be thrown away. But I was stubborn (scorpio rising), I picked the book and started reading and after 2 minutes I asked: which one is my star sign?

I think that he knew...but he kept saying astrology was a bs...He really wanted to throw the book away but I kept it and devoured everything I could find about astrology, I was going really crazy about that. But back in the timen( It was 1987) in Rio de Janeiro, at the age of 8 there was nothing much and nobody I could really ask to give me books. So I got into reading about mythology from the Encyclopaedia Brittanica , and I readed about every planet/greek entity goddess I could. That was so rewarding, I would spend hours and hours reading and reading and the myths over and over again. When I was 12 I started looking for astrology books at school and municipal libraries...The process of understanding it was very slow hence, my family was not supportice, very skeptical parents.

But I m happy at 33 years old and I seek guidance from the stars and I try to help friends through it too.

Peace and Light to all of you.
That you started at such a young age is wonderful.Of course we need to be mature to handle it all properly on a deep level and have some life experience to help others but what a marvellous tool it is. I am still passionate about astrology after 30 years and still learning as well.
I remember when I was about 9 my neighbour upstairs talked about astrology to me and that may have triggered off my interest later on with Uranus on the NN in the 4th of home, Gemini of neighbours.
Unread 11-13-2012, 06:47 PM

I got into astrology when I was a child- so to say.

My parents had a bookcase which was filled with books. When I was about 8 years old I went through the books and the book on astrological signs has captivated my attention. My parents were completely unaware that they had the book all this time and they did not even know what astrology was about. I started reading that book after school and at the same time reading it has made me popular. My classmates would ask me what sun signs they were and than would expect me to tell them about their character traits, strengths and weaknesses. Ever since I was reading books on astrology and with time as I have accumulated knowledge, skills and experience I have become a professional astrologer.

Nika White.

Last edited by NikaWhite; 11-13-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Unread 11-14-2012, 12:23 AM

Through the door
Tessie (04-07-2015)
Unread 11-14-2012, 12:44 AM
OrcinusOrca

When I was a teenager I started reading about astrology because I wanted to know more about my sun sign. I've gradually read more and more and delved deeper and deeper ever since.

I find it interesting that some of your parents were also interested in astrology. My parents hate my involvement with astrology, believe I'm wasting my time and have tried to dissuade me from being interested in it. They think astrology is complete nonsense, but they seem to strongly believe that Jesus Christ was resurrected and all of that.