Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 06-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Cascada Cascada is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 475
The year I marry?

I read on this page http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/rosemurray/WhenMarry.html about how I could find indicators in my chart over what age I'll marry. The results were 20, 23, 41 and 44. I checked my progressed chart and found that my Moon was in the seventh and Venus, Moon and Juno had a lot of aspects to them, this was when I turn 41. I also have Saturn in seventh in my natal chart, indicating a late marriage. So, what's your opinion on this? I hope it's incorrect. I've always dreamed of having a husband and kids, etc. if I had to wait that long I can imagine myself getting depressed and starting to believe it'll never happen for me.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:13 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: The year I marry?

Determine the Woman's Lot of Marriage (ascendant+saturn-venus) See in what sign this falls; whenever Venus or the lord of your 7th house, transit the sign in which the WLOM is posited, it could be a time for marriage; also, see what planet rules the sign in which the WLOM is posited: whenever this planet transits your 7th house or, especially, the sign in which the WLOM is posited, this could be a propitious time for marriage: these are old time methods, using the Lots this way, but they often work quite well in predictive astrology...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 07-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Cascada Cascada is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 475
Re: The year I marry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Determine the Woman's Lot of Marriage (ascendant+saturn-venus) See in what sign this falls; whenever Venus or the lord of your 7th house, transit the sign in which the WLOM is posited, it could be a time for marriage; also, see what planet rules the sign in which the WLOM is posited: whenever this planet transits your 7th house or, especially, the sign in which the WLOM is posited, this could be a propitious time for marriage: these are old time methods, using the Lots this way, but they often work quite well in predictive astrology...
I'm not sure what you mean, when you say asc+sat-ven, do you mean the degrees? If so, the results were closest to Capricorn. Venus doesn't enter Capricorn until somewhere between 2070-2080...

Ugh, I'm confused. Would you be able to look at my chart for me? The link is http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?c...s=0&asp=1&ast=
__________________

Last edited by Cascada; 07-01-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 07-01-2012, 12:20 PM
fullmoonlibra's Avatar
fullmoonlibra fullmoonlibra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,313
Re: The year I marry?

Very intresting. My lot of marriage is pisces, and that's in seventh house, conjunct jupiter in pisces, soon Neptune will conjunct it.
Well that's what I call a happy coincidence, with perfect fit
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 07-02-2012, 03:00 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: The year I marry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascada View Post
I'm not sure what you mean, when you say asc+sat-ven, do you mean the degrees? If so, the results were closest to Capricorn. Venus doesn't enter Capricorn until somewhere between 2070-2080...

Ugh, I'm confused. Would you be able to look at my chart for me? The link is http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?c...s=0&asp=1&ast=

Yes, finding the place of a Lot one uses the degrees of the ecliptic:
so, in your natal chart the Woman's Lot of Marriage falls @ 20 Capricorn:
Now what does this mean? Well, whenever either the lord of your 7th (marriage) house or Saturn (lord of the sign in which the WLOM falls) transits Capricorn, this could be a likely time for marriage. It ALSO means that whenever the generic marriage significator Venus transits Capricorn, then that also could be a likely time for marriage. It ALSO means that whenever the ascendant profects into Capricorn (as well as whenever the ascendant profects into the 7th house/ sign) then that also could be a likely time for marriage.

For example, using whole sign, your WLOM falls in Capricorn in the 6th whole sign house of the natal chart: using Pauline profection, and including also the 7th whole sign house, then according to Pauline profection, potential marriage years would be your forthcoming 29th and 30th years of life. But Venus will transit Capricorn before that time, and whenever Venus transits Capricorn (which it does once per year, every year!) that time of the year when it does so, is a potential time for marriage, thanks to the WLOM being in that sign.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 07-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Cascada Cascada is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 475
Re: The year I marry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Yes, finding the place of a Lot one uses the degrees of the ecliptic:
so, in your natal chart the Woman's Lot of Marriage falls @ 20 Capricorn:
Now what does this mean? Well, whenever either the lord of your 7th (marriage) house or Saturn (lord of the sign in which the WLOM falls) transits Capricorn, this could be a likely time for marriage. It ALSO means that whenever the generic marriage significator Venus transits Capricorn, then that also could be a likely time for marriage. It ALSO means that whenever the ascendant profects into Capricorn (as well as whenever the ascendant profects into the 7th house/ sign) then that also could be a likely time for marriage.

For example, using whole sign, your WLOM falls in Capricorn in the 6th whole sign house of the natal chart: using Pauline profection, and including also the 7th whole sign house, then according to Pauline profection, potential marriage years would be your forthcoming 29th and 30th years of life. But Venus will transit Capricorn before that time, and whenever Venus transits Capricorn (which it does once per year, every year!) that time of the year when it does so, is a potential time for marriage, thanks to the WLOM being in that sign.
Oh, I see, I understand now thanks for your interpretation
Oh and + I'll remember those years just in case
__________________

Last edited by Cascada; 07-02-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:04 AM
cherful24 cherful24 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 54
Re: The year I marry?

Dr. Farr,

I tried to "find my marraige" age and I got the number 23? Perhaps I did it wrong...I am actually 33-going on 34. OR if I did it right, does this mean I missed my chance?
I don't mean to by pushy, but would you mind checking to see if I am right? Please?



Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Yes, finding the place of a Lot one uses the degrees of the ecliptic:
so, in your natal chart the Woman's Lot of Marriage falls @ 20 Capricorn:
Now what does this mean? Well, whenever either the lord of your 7th (marriage) house or Saturn (lord of the sign in which the WLOM falls) transits Capricorn, this could be a likely time for marriage. It ALSO means that whenever the generic marriage significator Venus transits Capricorn, then that also could be a likely time for marriage. It ALSO means that whenever the ascendant profects into Capricorn (as well as whenever the ascendant profects into the 7th house/ sign) then that also could be a likely time for marriage.

For example, using whole sign, your WLOM falls in Capricorn in the 6th whole sign house of the natal chart: using Pauline profection, and including also the 7th whole sign house, then according to Pauline profection, potential marriage years would be your forthcoming 29th and 30th years of life. But Venus will transit Capricorn before that time, and whenever Venus transits Capricorn (which it does once per year, every year!) that time of the year when it does so, is a potential time for marriage, thanks to the WLOM being in that sign.

Last edited by cherful24; 07-04-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 07-04-2012, 04:42 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: The year I marry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherful24 View Post
Dr. Farr,

I tried to "find my marraige" age and I got the number 23? Perhaps I did it wrong...I am actually 33-going on 34. OR if I did it right, does this mean I missed my chance?
I don't mean to by pushy, but would you mind checking to see if I am right? Please?

No, your Womans Lot of Marriage (ascendant+saturn-venus) falls @ 25 Aquarius (in the natal 11th whole sign, house a most favorable house placement by the way)
Now, using profection whenever your ascendant profects into either the 7th house (under Libra) or into the 11th house (Aquarius) where the WLOM is placed, that would be a potential favorable time for marriage:
so, using Pauline profection, these are (and were) potential favorable years of your life for marriage:
19-23-31 (past years)
35-43-47 (future years)
PLUS
.whenever the planetary dispositor of the WLOM, Saturn, transits through either Libra (like it has been over the past 2 + years), which is the natal 7th house sign, or through Aquarius, sign of the WLOM (which Saturn will begin transiting in 8 years from now) this would also be a potentially favorable time for marriage
PLUS
each and every year when Venus transits Aquarius (and to a lesser extent when it transits Libra) that Venus transit time would also be a potentially favorable time for marriage.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 07-04-2012, 05:58 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: The year I marry?

No, one chooses whichever of the possible 2 formula's for the Woman's Lot of Marriage that makes most sense to them; for me, it has always been the formula (Marriage 1) = ascendant+saturn-venus; one can also use a generic Marriage Lot, for evaluation more of the nature of marriage (or marriages) either in a man's or woman's chart, or in a composite, or in horary.
For me, the WLOM (using the formula given above) is most useful for determining possible times for potential marriage (along with the 7th house) using profection, and also to determine the favorable planet and sign (ie, where the WLOM falls) for use in determining propitious planetary transits, Sun and Moon sign transits, planetary hours, etc, for the woman's potential marriage timing.

Last edited by dr. farr; 07-06-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 07-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Zuri Zuri is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 401
Re: The year I marry?

Unless I'm doing the Woman's Lot Of Marriage formula wrong, my chart shows a -2 for marriage age? My ascendant is at 2 degrees + my Saturn is at 20 degrees = 22 degrees. However, my Venus is at 24 degrees. 22-24 = -2.

Does this result mean that I'll never get married? Please advise. Thanks!

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 07-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Cascada Cascada is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 475
Re: The year I marry?

The calculation doesn't add up to your age. I think the nearest number to your conclusion is where it will be, which, if I understand it correctly, is Scorpio with 0 degrees. I think by what dr. farr has said that when Venus or the 7th house ruler enter that sign in your progressed chart, or maybe using the ephemeris methods, that's when a likely time of marriage may be, but other factors are important too. As you can probably tell, I don't fully understand it myself lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 07-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Cascada Cascada is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 475
Re: The year I marry?

Actually, no. Wouldn't it be Libra if it's -2, when your Scorpio is 0?


Hmm.. no. that's not right either. You literally added the degrees without calculating the degrees on the house system, right?

I think it would be Taurus, roughly. I didn't work out the degrees so it may be different, but that's a rough estimate.
__________________

Last edited by Cascada; 07-04-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 07-04-2012, 10:12 PM
cherful24 cherful24 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 54
Re: The year I marry?

I'm so happy I did it wrong!!!!
THANK U VERY MUCH!!




Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
No, your Womans Lot of Marriage (ascendant+saturn-venus) falls @ 25 Aquarius (in the natal 11th whole sign, house a most favorable house placement by the way)
Now, using profection whenever your ascendant profects into either the 7th house (under Libra) or into the 11th house (Aquarius) where the WLOM is placed, that would be a potential favorable time for marriage:
so, using Pauline profection, these are (and were) potential favorable years of your life for marriage:
19-23-31 (past years)
35-43-47 (future years)
PLUS
.whenever the planetary dispositor of the WLOM, Saturn, transits through either Libra (like it has been over the past 2 + years), which is the natal 7th house sign, or through Aquarius, sign of the WLOM (which Saturn will begin transiting in 8 years from now) this would also be a potentially favorable time for marriage
PLUS
each and every year when Venus transits Aquarius (and to a lesser extent when it transits Libra) that Venus transit time would also be a potentially favorable time for marriage.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 07-05-2012, 03:19 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: The year I marry?

In calculating lots one translates the degrees in the sign into the degrees of longitude: for example, what is 2 Scorpio: Scorpio begins at the 210th degree of the circle of the ecliptic; that is Scorpio begins at 210 degrees of longitude; so 2 degrees of Scorpio translated into longitude = 212 degree of longitude. These are the figures used to determine the Lots (aka "Arabic Parts") The Arabic Parts Calculator (google it) will automatically find the placement of the many Lots/Parts that are to be found at that website.

Example: find the Woman's Lot of Marriage (aka Woman's Part of Marriage) for Zuri:
the formula is: ascendant + saturn - venus
-ascendant is 2 Capricron: converted to longitude this = 272 degrees
-Saturn is @ 20 Taurus: converted to longitude this = 50 degrees
: add ascendant + Saturn: 272 + 50 = 322 degrees
-now we subtract Venus:
-Venis is at 25 Scorpio (round up to the next degree when the minutes are 40 or more): converted to longitude this = 235 degrees
...so, from the sum of ascendant+Saturn, 322 degrees, we now subtract Venus, 235 degrees: 322 minus 235 = 87
Therefore Zuri's WLOM falls @ 87 degrees of longitude; convert that back into the degrees of signs, and we find Zuri's WLOM falls @ 27 degrees Gemini...

And that's how you find where the Lots are! Actually it is not at all a difficult matter, and as I said, one can also use free Lot Calculators (such as I mentioned above) to do the calculations for you.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 07-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Cascada Cascada is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 475
Re: The year I marry?

LOL I was way off... and yet I worked out my own one right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 07-05-2012, 05:58 PM
davidk davidk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 30
Re: The year I marry?

I think one of the indicators of marriage is seeing the year when your progressed Sun becomes conjunct your Natal Venus.

http://ww.myastrologycharts.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 07-06-2012, 04:32 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: The year I marry?

To which I would also add the progressed Sun conjuncting the Woman's (or Man's) Lot of Marriage, and the progressed Sun conjuncting the dispositor (significator) of the sign in which the Lot is posited.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 07-06-2012, 04:37 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 12,474
Re: The year I marry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascada View Post
LOL I was way off... and yet I worked out my own one right?
Yes you did; and, your upcoming 19th year of life is (by Pauline profection) a major potential-marriage year!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 07-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Amy Amy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 548
Send a message via AIM to Amy
Re: The year I marry?

oh wow...
i am still having a hard time figuring this out, i was on another thread a few weeks back trying to get some help on figuring this out.

i think i will sit this one out and just adopt lots of cats and eat cat food in my basement.

this stuff hurts my head...

"..But not only can charts indicate when you will marry, but also the unique type of person you might marry..."

really??? What do i have to do???

Last edited by Amy; 07-07-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 08-04-2012, 04:09 AM
Sentient0ne's Avatar
Sentient0ne Sentient0ne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 388
Re: The year I marry?

ascendant + saturn - venus

if you have the degrees of each of these, I can do the math. Do you have a chart posted somewhere?
__________________
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional. ― John C. Maxwell
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 08-04-2012, 04:12 AM
Sentient0ne's Avatar
Sentient0ne Sentient0ne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 388
Re: The year I marry?

Found your chart. Looks like your part of marriage would be at 1 Degree Sag
__________________
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional. ― John C. Maxwell
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 08-04-2012, 08:45 AM
I cee I cee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 601
Re: The year I marry?

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong!
Ok...

My asc is 25 virgo+ 150=175
Saturn is 2 taurus+30=32
Venus is 20 sagg + 240=260

Asc+sat =207
Take venus 260 away??

Do I do something like put saggie over to Gemini ie: 60???

Any help much appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 08-04-2012, 09:26 AM
I cee I cee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 601
Re: The year I marry?

Ok.....I got impatient, gone to arabic calculator
That says its 7 aquarius

Of course, dah!!

So -53 from 360 degrees (pisces) gives 307



Would I look to Aquarius traditional ruler, Saturn rather than Uranus?

Last edited by I cee; 08-04-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Another question
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 08-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Sentient0ne's Avatar
Sentient0ne Sentient0ne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 388
Re: The year I marry?

I apologize for the misinformation. I don't know what chart I found in your posts when I did my calculation last night. It WAS late. I should know better LOL.

Yes, when you do the calculation and the number is greater than 360, you simply subtract it from 360.

I'll leave the interpretation to the experts. I used to charts by hand before computers came out. The math always made sense to me. The rest of it is a little harder....ok....a lot harder. I keep plugging away at it.

Good luck!
__________________
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional. ― John C. Maxwell
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:49 AM
eli_bennett eli_bennett is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Re: The year I marry?

I read online about a method of age calculation included in Rose Murray's book "When will I marry". It worked for my first marriage age, because I was in fact 27 as this method predicts. Now I look at the relationship between sun-moon-venus-mars and my seventh house in Taurus (the sign of my ex) and planet in Saturn, to find the odds for a second marriage according to this method, but is somehow confusing. I also looked at my eleventh house (i dont have planets in the 9th) for this, since there are some astrologers who believe that it can indicate remarriage.
Does anyone know ways of interpretation for natal chart information on this matter? I was born Sep 1, 1970, and my information is:
Sun: Virgo 8 39', 11th house; Moon: Virgo 15 13' 11ths house; Mercury: Virgo 27 45' 12 th house; Venus Libra 24 45' 12 th house; Mars: Leo 28 55' 11th house; Jupiter Scorpio 2 33' 1st house; Saturn: Taurus 22 36' 7th house; Uranus: Libra 7 16' 12th house; Neptune: Scorpio 28 15' 1st house; Pluto: Virgo 26 31' 12th house; Ascendant: Scorpio 0 38' 1st house; Latitude / Long: 34S36/58W27
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
marriage, marry, predictive, progressed chart, year

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Personal Years in Numerology ethertwist Spiritual Realm 2 03-23-2011 09:52 PM
It looks like a very good year freedomlover Solar returns 19 01-18-2009 03:33 PM
Planetary Returns lillyjgc Education Board 6 12-05-2008 10:40 AM
Setting the tone for the year....... freedomlover Spiritual Realm 4 12-02-2007 02:36 AM
Rahu "North Node of Moon" astrobhadauria Transits 5 07-20-2007 02:10 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.