Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Solar returns

Solar returns Talk about your experience with solar returns in predictive astrology.

Unread 11-15-2008, 08:26 PM

Re: Discussion Solar Returns Starlinks Article

Since I am a few months into my solar arc for 2008/2009 I wanted to share my experiences in reference to the chart interpretation. If anyone has any perspectives thats great!
My 10th natal house is rising ruled by Saturn. N-saturn is in the 12th and solar is in the 8th. So work will be a focus but transformation of such and things behind the scenes playing out related to work.
The sun (and this varies from house program to another) appears to be in the fifth, others put in on the cusp of the 6th. since it is so close to the 6th will focus on sixth house. The focus is on health, work.
Jupiter rx so close to ASC increases it as a focus. Natal Jupiter is in the 10th. Rx implies a return to previous conditions, natal Jupiter is in the 8th so natal 8th and solar 10th with asc Jupiter rx imply a rebirth, transformation of work and return to former conditions
-I got a call yesterday and they want me to move back into our main office where I have not been in some 6 or 7 years.
Sun on sixth conjunct Venus in sixth...loved ones health? co-worker? It is opposed by Pluto from the 12th but the aspect is wide but Pluto is active close to natal Saturn.
-transformation, hidden secretes, separating, power struggles? work habits, co-workers, daily routine. Since it is at 0 degrees can we assume that it is more a wide spread affect than a personal issue.
SR Moon is in the 9th house in Libra and natal moon...travel? (not yet) legal issue (some with ex-husband and child support) it is in the harmonious balance with a trine to sun/Venus? and sextile mars
Natal moon is in 8th house again implying rebirth/transformation which complements jupiter-natal at MC
Natal Neptune is with in five degrees of MC on 9th house side and solar Neptune is in aspect to cusp of second.
So we have 10th, second and sixth houses indicating some change in situation involving work. With Neptune it may tell us of dissolve of old situations to be replaced by new or deception or imagination?
solar Neptune opposes solar mars. Mars is with nodes as well as vertex indicating some sort of fatal event. Natal mars/Venus are in solar 7th increasing focus on partnerships. natal mars does not form any aspects to the solar planets though it does form some partile/close aspects to the cusps of the solar 3/9 and MC/IC which may describe the action of the mars/neptune opposition with the nodes telling us about communication/legal and about dissolve of work/family? hope not...and this is in relation to ?do I connect it to partnerships? Does Neptune on the second tell us more?
- I have had problems with my ex-changing jobs like each month now and telling kind of late on the deal so I have been struggling financially. Could this be it or is there more to know?
I think that covers it and what I have learned so far in how the solar has played out...
Does anyone see anything else...it has gotten increasingly interesting since about august when my lunar charts started reflecting some changes and November looks also like a significant month then after feb. the lunars start showing a different kind of picture and then I start looking at 2009/10
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_31gw_01_cass_20081115_hr.73478.3464.gif (27.3 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by wilsontc; 11-16-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Thread is a Solar Return interpretation so moved to a new thread
Unread 11-17-2008, 04:55 PM

Re: Discussion Solar Returns Starlinks Article

Hi Cassandra, may I ask you why you are using Regiomontanus houses? I only use those in Horary Astrology and natal is mostly done with either Koch or Placidus.

Curious, Starlink
Unread 11-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Banned

Re: cassanra's SR interpretation

Hi Cassandra,

I see you have Pisces/Virgo intercepted in 12th/6th natally and 2nd/8th in Solar Return. How would you interpret this?

Natally, I know the duplicated Cancer/Capricorn signs respectively indicate a need to change something about your attitude to 4th and 10th house matters, which is adversely affecting the 5th and 11th houses - and doing so will release the benefits of Pisces/Virgo.

So, my assumption is that, in the SR chart, the duplicated Taurus/Scorpio signs indicate a need to change something about your attitude to 4th and 10th house matters (again) which is adversely affecting the 5th and 11th houses - and doing so will release the benefits of Taurus/Scorpio.

Clearly, the 4th/10th attitude change is the focus of the interceptions in both charts - but, have you any idea yet of what that change might be?

EJ
Unread 11-18-2008, 01:18 AM

Starlink, thanks for the observation on the house. I goofed on that. Too many irons in the fire.
Unread 11-18-2008, 02:09 AM

EJ, I thank you for your observations and notes on intercepted. I did not think about it.
I know there are many things that I could bear improving with each of those things...work,status and home, family. I would not know where to start on that one. I can tell you what started around my solar return and maybe what was going on when that area or the planets that rule that area were triggered.
Shortly after the solar return the opening for the managers job came open. I did not get the last one and was able to deal more with the dissappointment but I had some quite transforming emotional moments when I found out I did not get the job in august. The sun at that juncture was at the cusp of the solar 8th house....death and rebirth really of my career as I do feel like it was at that moment that I knew I could not go that direction ie management, that I was fooling myself about it. I had put a lot of focus on that and not so much on dealing with another relationship that had pushed me away. The transiting sun was square pluto/venus opposition when I stuck my neck out to make that relationship come back together even though I feared rejection...Halloween night the sun transited the MC. I am not sure I can remember much of anything accept sitting outside handing out candy and it seemed like a thousand teenagers running in and out of my house
I feel somewhat confused by this idea....not that it is not really got something there as i think it does, I am just not sure how to put those pieces together....
Starlink here is the chart in the appropriate house system
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_31gw_01_cass_20081118_hp.5993.19625.gif (27.3 KB, 8 views)
Unread 11-18-2008, 06:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra
...I feel somewhat confused by this idea....not that it is not really got something there as i think it does, I am just not sure how to put those pieces together....
Hi again Cassandra,

Looking at how interceptions work in SRs is new/confusing to me too, but I'm familiar with them in natal charts - and suspect that resolving/understanding the temporary ones in SRs might provide an insight into the permanent natal interception. If so, it would be a pity not to learn from any that appear in Solar Returns, as the benefits of unlocking them natally can be substantial - but this is just supposition/theory on my part.

With the Placidus system, I see the duplicated SR signs have changed to Gemini/Sagittarius and the 5th/11th are now the houses indicating an attitude that might need to change - with the 6th/12th houses being adversely affected by the latter in the meantime. (Interestingly though, the manager example you quote does fit both the natal and the Regimontanus SR.)

Only you have the knowledge/experience to ascertain what this 5/11 attitude actually is - but to illustrate, let's assume it concerns personal creativity and working in groups. Then, you might believe wrongly that you are not a creative person and/or would be uncomfortable leading/managing groups of people that are creative. In turn, this wrong attitude could adversely affect the 6th/12th houses by making you unable to serve others by leading such groups - thus denying you the benefits of intercepted Virgo/Pisces in 8th/2nd. So, by changing the wrong attitude, you open the door to the benefits of the intercepted signs - which, in this example, might be financial rewards and the pleasure that comes from serving others in the way you were born to do.

Hopefully, this explains "how to put the pieces together" both for the SR and natal interceptions. But, it's never easy to do so in practice - or to decide if the effort involved outweighs the potential benefits.

EJ
Unread 11-20-2008, 09:07 PM

Hi Cass, you wrote:

Quote:
Shortly after the solar return the opening for the managers job came open. I did not get the last one and was able to deal more with the dissappointment but I had some quite transforming emotional moments when I found out I did not get the job in august.
Probably this was due to natal Neptune conjunct your Solar MC.

The Solar Return Ascendant is falling in your natal 10th house, showing indeed that career will be a focus this year as well as the 6th house where your SR Sun is now positioned in the SR chart, as well as SR Venus and you then asked:
Quote:
Sun on sixth conjunct Venus in sixth...loved ones health? co-worker?
Loves one's health, ha ha, that is a good one! No I dont think so, it is more to do with either finances or a relationship, which could be a business relationship as well of course, not necessary love. But of course, SR Moon is in your natal 7th as well so we cant rule that one out .

Quote:
So we have 10th, second and sixth houses indicating some change in situation involving work. With Neptune it may tell us of dissolve of old situations to be replaced by new or deception or imagination?
Why would it be change? Lets follow the "rules". One of the statements therein says, Uranus or Moon in 6 or 10th house. Neither one of them is in the SR houses indicated. SR Moon is in the 9th, Uranus in the 3rd. SR Moon squares SR Jupiter and Ascendant. Jupiter is the ruler of your 9th natal house. This to me indicates more legal issues (looking at the Moon I mean) then work issues. Because Moon is natally in your 6th house of work, it could maybe have to do with some legalities concerning your work as well as with the childsupport money because Moon rules the 5th natally. Because Sun and Venus both just entered the 6th SR house, that Venus shows money here as it rules your natal 2nd house.

Lets go back a minute when observing the Solar Return.
I always look first at the natal chart and which transits are busy affecting me at the moment. So get a feel for what is going on only by that. Also look at your progressed Moon and Sun and if you will, the progr. 10th house ruler.

OK, we saw that exact Uranus square Sun, sure sign of change somewhere.Uranus rules the 12th and is in your natal 12th. The 12th is a difficult house to interprete because it involves vague things and situations we cannot put our finger on. karmic stuff as well. Uranus is "trapped" in Pisces in your 12th, making Neptune co-ruler of your 12th. What is tr.Neptune doing? Neptune is in your natal 11th and inconjuncts simultaneously Sun and Moon! but in the Solar Return chart Neptune forms a trine with Sun and Moon, forming a Grand Trine. So there is definitively a connection this year between these three. You seem to be able to resolve the inherent tension of the inconjuncts.

Sun rules your 6th house, Moon rules your 4th and 5th and Neptune, co-ruler of your subconscious 12th maybe asks of you to make a choice between family (and children if you have them), and work. In the SR Moon squares the Asc. and Sun sesquiquadrates the MC, as well as Venus (natal 2 & 7 and SR 4 & 9) and Uranus (natal 12th and SR 2nd). I have a feeling that you are dealing maybe with an internal conflict between family duties and work maybe.

Pluto, conjunct your natal MC is definitively a sign of deep transformational changes in your social environment, status or career and when it conjuncts Saturn lateron, some longstanding and established sitations (and your hopes & ideals, friends also, as Saturn rules the 11th) probably could dissolve completely, not without deep emotional turmoil for you as the square to the Ascendant suggests and having an impact also on your way of thinking about family matters versus career in general.

Venus and Uranus make a conjunction in your natal chart and in the SR chart they form a square which shows changes in income or finances and also your home as Uranus rules your 2nd in the SR and Venus the 4th and 9th. Venus rules your 2nd in your natal chart. So maybe these changes do have something to do with the legal matters concerning child support.

Most occupied quadrants are 1-4 and 5-8, showing personal needs and interpersonal involvement highlighted for this year.

Moon, Sun and Venus in cadent houses could show change as well and mental activity. It could be difficult for you to concentrate on one thing at a time and you need to be adaptable.

Now, as you might know, SR planets are only to be considered active when they aspect a natal planet. So we have to be vigilant with:
SR Pluto conjunct Natal Saturn
SR Saturn conjunct Natal Pluto
(did you see this? I just noticed it by writing it down! Double wammy!
SR Venus conjunct natal Sun
SR Mercury very widely conjuncts natal Sun. He is also retro so makes even more distance, but over the year will approach Sun again.
SR Uranus exactly squares natal Sun
SR Moon trines natal Sun (good sign for health by the way)
SR Jupiter trines natal Moon, sextiles natal Jupiter (not bad!)
SR Mars squares natal Jupiter and sextiles natal Sun.

Solar Return Moon forms an inconjunct with SR Uranus and Natal Sun!!
SR Jupiter forms a YOD with SR Mars and SouthNode and Natal Sun.
When a SR existing quincunx forms a Yod with a natal planet, then this could indicate a great choice to be made that year.

Last observation: Cardinal Ascendant and Fixed MC in the Solar Return:
You could start energetic and end the year by completing what you wanted to do. Saturn, ruler of the SR Asc. trines Pluto, ruler of the SR MC which also shows that certain plans, especially career or future plans, could find a positive ending. Saturn even sextiles the SR MC. Saturn rules the MC in your natal chart, so you see how nicely they all interact, natal and solar.

Starlink

Tags
cassanra, interpretation