Mars in Libra

njmfff

Hi everyone! :D I'm new to this board. I didn't know where else I could post this question so I decided, why not start here.

Although I don't suffer from anger management issues, a lot of people (close friends, family members, acquaintances and the like) have commented that when I do get angry, I'm scary to behold and have known to create quite a storm. Strangers and friends (not-so-close-friends) get the impression from me that I'm aloof, a loner, reserved and silent (but not shy). The very same friends, strangers and acquaintances usually are very shocked to see a totally different side to me when I'm enraged. I don't get angry immediately on issues, unlike many of the very same friends, strangers and acquaintances I'm referring to. It's not that the anger isn't there. It's definitely there, but it takes a long time to build up before I really feel it justified to let it all out. It takes some time for people to really get to me/ get on my nerves. The kind of issues that get to me are anyone who tries to dominate me/treat me like a doormat or rude, uncouth, vulgar, aggressive, violent, verbally/physically abusive behavior, either towards me or someone I love or care about (and in some cases even towards a stranger). Although I have never used physical violence when I'm angry, people still get very intimidated by me/shocked by my behavior when I finally let it loose. I always use words to get my point across (to the person who is trying to get to me) and never use physical violence. People have told me that when I'm enraged I come across as VERY cold and calculating, but bold and dangerous none-the-less. At times I have surprised my own self. Sometimes when I look back at some of the incidents, I'm surprised by my own behavior and wonder about what bought on the sudden spurt of courage/boldness during such situations for someone as introverted as me.

Anyway, my question was: I have read a lot about how Mars in Aries or Scorpio is the best mars-placement in a birth chart. I've come across a lot of astrology articles which praise these placements. And pretty much every astrology book and article I have ever read criticizes the Mars in Libra placement, as it is considered to be a very weak Mars. The reason why this surprises me, is because I have a Mars in Libra.

In case someone wants to have a look at my birth chart, I've given below the details of each planet and the houses and signs they fall in:

Jes, I know the girl who has Mars in Libra and she is exactly the same! She's quite, takes lot time to provoke her, but when she get's angry, booooy, better run. She looks scary (and hot) when she's angry. She also resolves every battle with words, usually just few. :whistling:

and it takes looong time to get to know her, usually looks very cold and calculated, but once you do get to know her, her other side is all you see... She's warm, friendly and very social.

Vulgar and rude guys are also big turn off for her and she hates when bad things are done to people (strong sense of justice) ... is it same for you? :pouty:

Caro

njmfff - you pretty much have described me.

and yes people see like that too maybe it is the unknown that people dont like. so with fiery types they know what they will get when you have a longer fuse they are not sure when you will blow!!!

njmfff

heh... I know the feeling... I am no Mars in Libra, but I do have high tolerance for everything... but when I explode, you better run. Good thing is that I quickly calm myself, but still if you get near for those few moments when I explode and you are cause of my outburst...

don't know how is with you, but I can tolerate someone for years... but eventually fuse is gone and I explode. Mix in little of my unpredictability and you get the picture... Some people are just persistent in being a-holes and they need to dealt with when there's no more way to avoid them. -.-

Claire19

HI

I have mars in libra in 12 th house. I do generally try and keep the peace. the mediator in families/frienships etc. but I too have a temper which surprises those I get close to cos it comes unexpectedly!!!

I find that I do feel for people and often can express anger for disadvantaged quicker than for myself.

then a 12th house placement is different to yours.
Moon connected to Mars gives a temper if it is a challenging aspect.
I have Mars in Libra in the 8th and get very angry at injustice and
conjunct to Neptune, I can be verbally aggressive if I feel rights are being violated but not physically. I think it leads to strong sexuality in the 8th and attraction to those who are addicted and want to rescue them. I have dealt with legal matters and confidential as Mars sextiles Saturn Mercury and Pluto in the 6th of workaday world.

I think it gives a certain refinement and grace and a liking for the finer things in life and a smooth talker as a lover who has no rough edges.

Astrochologist

Im a Sagittarius with a cancer moon, Libra ascendant conjunct mars in Libra.

My mercury is also square mars. Im not usually physical but Im easily angered and have a tendency to shout when im just talking to someone, and be very demonstrative physically in true sagittarian form. I have venus in scorpio too so I kind of noticed I have a Mars Xcorpio type of calculating mars activity maybe due to a mutual reception.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

I have a 12th house libra mars

Mars is where we have conflicts, where we have to overcome hurdles in out life in order to be successful. We have to set limits and boundaries and become less distracted to be successful.

Mars in libra is about many things, its the gateway to hell if you ask me, b/c it ask you to take a look at your shadow. MArs is the shadow here, so it may be uncomfortable to recognize and identify with the infintale inside of us. Mars in Libra is unware of his basic drive but looks for it in others, thats where conflict arises. MArs in Libra is about co-op b/c you fear failure. But when the plan goes sour and your partner cant deliver, inside you are impulsed to be rude as hell, yet you compulse your self to be a nice guy. Mars in Libra is also about compulsions and the house position can tell you where this is being affected.

Also it can show that people can try and get in your way by purposely trying to get your help for their own need. Lets say your mars in libra is in the 2nd, you may co-op to get money, or people may co-op with you for their drive for money while you get none. Mine is in the 12th, my open enemies(libra mars)disguise themselves, maybe as friends. I do get disillusioned around people, losing myself and being overtaken by compulsion rather then pure heat, hate and malice. My karma keeps showing me to look to myself, that im fooling myself with people and they constantly are competitive with me b/c they see no drive in me, they always ask for something b/c they want to hear yes, they are using me. People(libra) have made me feel defetaed and scared(12th)of my impulses.

thats hwta mars in libra is about, your impulses are your dark side and you will constantly reunite with its nature externally thru relationships(libra)and they will be hell. We just have to live that life out for ourself.

Mars in Libra in the 8th may be a little easier to answer b/c the 8th house opens eyes to the shadow and the depths of it. 12th house libra mars may be disillusioned by the shadow by either identifying to much with the shadow or not at all with it.

further more, mars in libra seeks balance, peace and harmony inside of him. He looks for the balance if his impulses and their expression, his shadow and his lower mind, between the subconc. and the conc., at least my libra mars does

And we are very calculating, weighing out every last detail instead id purly acting out

So my lesson with the 12th house libra mars is to not let people and the perception decieve me into repressing myself

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Libra mars does is very aware if their drive, the immediate response to the world, their impulse. But we are also aware of other people. My 12th house has cause me to be disillusioned by the fact that my nature may hurt someone's feelings, thats not realistic and i am attracting the wrong people in my life.People that use me or cause me to repress mars. And then out of nowhere he can destroy relationships with true friends.

I think the key here is to find the balance between reality and your basic drives, at least to me. B/c libra mars can get so caught up in others and how they feel and if their needs or intact with others need that they actually miss out on their needs. And i have felt anger from this. I constantly feel my mouth parting after a heat rush thru my body, but my compulsion is to be nice and quiet.

Strongest against the weakeast and weakest against the strongest?

Well, i know that strength is a matter of perception thats why you have to follow impulses, you cant always think about what if you hurt someones feelings, what about you?

Mars in aries lesson is what about others(venus det.)and what about conseqeunces for your actions(saturn fall)

Mars in Libra's lesson is what about you(mars detr,)and who you are(sun fall)maybe then we can truly take responsibility for our actions

Astrochologist

IMO boxing and martial arts is great for strengthening Mars Libra. When you know how to fight and feel strong, it allows your impulses to be expressed more easily. IMO Mars Libra people need to build up physical strength and take some kind of martial art or boxing. You will feel more comfortable asserting yourself and also feel more comfortable reacting to someone OVERTLY attacking you.This goes great lengths (speaking from experience) And there are a number of worldclass boxers with Mars in Libra also.

Last edited:

Claire19

IMO boxing and martial arts is great for strengthening Mars Libra. When you know how to fight and feel strong, it allows your impulses to be expressed more easily. IMO Mars Libra people need to build up physical strength and take some kind of martial art or boxing. You will feel more comfortable asserting yourself and also feel more comfortable reacting to someone OVERTLY attacking you.This goes great lengths (speaking from experience) And there are a number of worldclass boxers with Mars in Libra also.
My father has Mars in Libra and did some boxing. It gives balance and grace with movement and especially with one to one sports. It can give variable energy levels and a dislike of confrontation which the person may feel they need to overcome. Very interesting take and I never thought of it that way.

Last edited:

arlis4x

you mars in librians might not be livin it like it should be. Im a early librian conjunct mars and mercury with tight degrees. All that sits in my fifth house, I do get verbally aggressive , but i can tell you that us librans (not tryin to stick up with my people, will fight especially if they have the aspects i have). I was camping at a local camp spot and this kid was giving me the stink eye and we both got up about to get into it....this kid was 300+ lbs and i was weighin at the time 200lbs, he pushed me down on the rocks....cuz he had more body weight than the muscle i had but of course once we got into that ,, through pure adrenaline i flipped him over (with my friends witnessing) and layed about 4 blows on him that got him in a daze...after that we settled down and he went home.. Honest to got dont test us librans because we wont find something to fight for but if its something that we dont feel is right we will take your a** down. which i did and the kid had nothing to do or say after that incident.

SagiCap

Mars in Libra have a particular problem: It'll tend to be the strongest against the weakest , and the weakest against the strongest , it has the tendency of abusing and be abused around the life of the native.

Tanamarious, would you mind explaining why you think this? I disagree.

Claire19

Mars in Libra have a particular problem: It'll tend to be the strongest against the weakest , and the weakest against the strongest , it has the tendency of abusing and be abused around the life of the native.
THe Mars in Libra cited without aspects to it from elsewhere cannot be properly diagnosed or analysed. Statements will be general only and really of no value.

j_marie_89

I can see how this applies to the concept of balance- the libran energy could be unleashed as aggression when it needs to balance out perceived weakness in others, yet responds calmly and clear-headed- or weakly and victim-like to other's aggressive energies.
My mars in libra conjuncts the sun and midheaven in Libra, squaring jupiter in the 7th, and saturn, uranus, neptune in the 1st.

I agree with the others about Libran mars having the potential to make one compromise at all costs for the sake of harmony, and then become more and more angry when others do not live up to their high ideals of justice and eventually have an outburst. As I've gotten older I've learned I need to express my anger right away with loved ones, no matter what they think of me.

I used to be afraid of showing my aggressive side, as if it would immediately end the relationship and I'd no longer be worthy in anyone's eyes. In fact, my father's Saturn conj my midheaven, (he is a Leo with Leo rising and Pluto conj the asc), and as a kid I was absolutely overpowered by authority and aggression any time I tried to assert myself or voice my fury about any matter within the family. I learned to keep my mouth shut or be shouted into tears. My aggression was then channeled into escapist activities and into my Venus in Scorpio, with power plays in miserable friendships.

I'm slowly learning I can't identify so strongly with the ideals of Libra that I lose my sense of self and direction. Using force to ensure the balance I need in my life and relationships is counter-inutitive but absolutely essential to my sense of self esteem.

Attachments

• jamiechart.gif
    jamiechart.gif
    55.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Claire19

Hi,Caro would you like to post your chart so I can see what makes you stand for others?
As I don't think it's only Mars in Libra,I' m not sure it's only Mars in Li..
It could be that you have for example Virgo(cause they can be brave too) and /or Sag..

Let me see that chart of yours(Where is your Moon??). :pouty::pouty:
Yes we need a chart, all that data is offputting.

Mars in Libra wants to be seen as pleasant and fair and will often suppress anger for fear of disapproval. However it just goes underground and will have to be expressed somewhere and at some time. I agree that we need the whole chart.

SagiCap

I can add a few insights, given that I too have :mars::libra:.

I see it as a paradox. (Ha, that's something a Libran Mars would say already, sheesh....) Mars is an expressed impulse + action. Libra is an unexpressed cerebral energy withheld (for me,) surveying all the possibilities, looking for the balanced, fair and most ideal expression (if expressed at all.) It's hard to be this way because you are sometimes stuck. (I also have it at 28deg).

I agree with the person on this thread that said Mars in Libra may not be living life fully (that's quantity of experiences.) But perhaps the quality of what we choose to give our energy to is being fulfilled.

Claire19

The negative side of mars in libra is lack of energy, its not a powerful energiser.
also procrastination ( I certainly weigh up everything before making a choice - with scorpio rising I dig very deep indeed)
I do like an argument/debate though - happy to see all sides!:sideways:
I agree with what you say about swinging from side to side and wanting to be fair and this can lead to indecisiveness and it does lead to lack of motivation on occasion. I love a debate and repartee with witty remarks. This really turns me on.....:wink: Sex has to be done in the right atmosphere, candles, music and flowers......Coarseness, crassness and lack of social ease is a turn off.....

Last edited: