Care to guess Lady Gaga's ascendant?

aquarius7000

Hey,

I am not really gagaaaa over Lady Gaga, but having seen her pics and read about her, she does seem to have either a strong Aquarius accent in her chart, or an active Uranus aspecting her lights or Merc and/or Asc. Sorry, but she doesn"t seem like a Tau Asc to me, at least, unless she has that along with bold Ura/Mars aspecting her Asc. Me likes the Aquarian vibes my Aqua Sun is getting.:D

;)AQ7

RockFish

"but maybe something with Pluto or something could have indicated her recent change"

If she is cap rising, early cap rising, then Pluto has been transiting her ascendant for some time now.

synthesis

Really? Nobody guessed Libra? With her obsession with fashion, being popular, romance, art...

Or Gemini? (She's a talker, the energy, the adaptability [to the biz], something about her limbs and face)

The thing with lady gaga is that she has a deeper meaning behind what she does which doesn't apply to a light-hearted, mellow air ascendant. Of course that could be her scorpio moon at play but she's too dramatic and deep-diving about her art for her to have an air ascendant I think.

synthesis

Rockfish

I think your theories are good, however it might be her mars at play when it comes to her fashion and clothing since it's at 0 deg in capricorn which makes it a combo of sag and cap.
Not to mention that it's cardinal point, conjuncting uranus and neptune AND that her sun and venus are ruled by mars which makes her mars stand out alot.

So even though it would make alot of sense that she'd have mars on the asc, it does have a leading role in her chart already, wether it's in the 1st or not... Although it's certainly not hiding in the 4th that's for sure ;)

synthesis

Wow, since she has ZERO planets in Aquarius, I am puzzled. There is such a strong aquarian element to her, which imo cannot be explained by just having Venus Uranus trine, so I am going to go out on a limb and say that she is Aquarius rising, with her ascendant trining her Uranus and sextiling her Venus. T. Neptune would be currently going over her ascendant, bringing her glamour, worldwide notoriety, exposure and success. Plus T. Jupiter will soon be going over her ascendant too, so it's all gravy for her right now.

This ascendant would put her mercury in the first house, trining her moon in scorpio in her MC. That's a very good placement for a performer who wants to sing, write her own songs, and push sexual envelopes.

My second guess is that she is Virgo rising, with her ascendant SQUARING Uranus and quincunx Venus. This particular square could explain her extreme outlook, and the fact that her performances always look controlled and painstakenly rehearsed, even when she seems out of bound and crazy. She has this "wild perfectionistic Virgo" quality to her, which I suspect is one of the ancient forgotten archetypes of Virgo. You can see it in Madonna sometimes, and she also has Virgo rising. Virgo rising would give Gaga Chiron in dual Gemini at the MC, which could explain some of the rumors about her supposed hermaphrodism and would validate her claims of being bi-sexual. Well, Venus trine Uranus tends to like sexuality that is outside the norm anyway...

Have you perhaps overlooked her prominent mars conjuncting uranus?
Her sun and venus are ruled by mars, making mars prominent. Her mars itself is at cardinal point in cap and conjuncting uranus (and neptune).

This generates aquarian influence to say the least. Or more importantly uranian influence which is more outlandish than the aquarius influence.
And neptune thrown in there adds the idealistic, foggy, strange- underworld style.

I can't help but think of Freddy Merury who also had mars conj neptune and was also a great performer.
Neptune might make the expression of mars artistic, making mars' extroverted energies neptunian and thereby also turn the neptune energies fiery, extroverted and mars-like.

Also I'm 99,9 % positive that she is NOT a virgo rising. I'm a virgo rising myself and I can sniff them out miles away. Virgo is the only ascendant sign I'm absolutely positive that she doesn't have. I happen to have that scorpio moon conj pluto like she has myself + I'm also left handed.. But a scorpio moon in comb. with virgo rising wouldn't be as external as Lady Gaga.

About Madonna compared to Lady Gaga, Madonna has the moon in the 1st which Lady Gaga might have as well. I also think Lady gaga probably has some 12th house positions like Madonna.
Although I gotta point out that Lady Gaga is soooo much better and talented than Madonna EVER was.

Pallas-trine-Mars

LIBRA RISING, not Libra Sun, Venus, Moon or Mercury. Jennifer Aniston, Vince Vaughn, Sarah Palin and HITLER have Libra Rising I wouldn't describe any of them as "soft". PLUS, including Gaga with the exception of Hitler, they all have Venus, chart ruler in the Mars-ruled Aries (Hitler had Venus and Mars partile conjunct).

I actually think I like the Gemini ascendant a little better, I wonder what it actually is though:

picture.php

(small to fit AW's parameters, otherwise I would've uploaded it bigger).

One thing I'm not too sure of is Venus in 11th, how literaly should we take it when she said she "doesn't wanna be friends" with her "Bad romance"? ;)

Interesting chart: Sun exalted, Moon fallen, Mars, the Sun's ruler exalted but Venus in detriment...

Last edited:

Courtney Love

But people consider Jennifer Aniston beautiful, even though she's not. there's a luxury to her, even in t-shirts, that feels very libran to me, and Vince Vaughn is this huge overweight lug of a guy who is still considering charming enough to be a lead man, again you can feel that venus charm from him.

Lady Gaga is no libra rising... As mentioned before, you can't look at the new surgically improved fashion-covered mask in her videos and get her real ascendent.

if you google her name, as you type in "lady Gaga" the first phrase is "lady gaga hermaphradite" so she isn't considered beautiful or even womanly by most, it seems.

Before & after Nosejob

http://www.honda-tech.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=60393&stc=1&d=1249581536

here's an old pic after her nose-job with black hair

http://www.gossipcheck.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/lady_gaga_01.jpg

now here's her new image

http://images.starpulse.com/news/media/Lady-Gaga-jet-1.jpg

She has gotten ALOT prettier with alot of help... would Venus-rising have needed that help?

synthesis

Lady Gaga is no libra rising... As mentioned before, you can't look at the new surgically improved fashion-covered mask in her videos and get her real ascendent.

if you google her name, as you type in "lady Gaga" the first phrase is "lady gaga hermaphradite" so she isn't considered beautiful or even womanly by most, it seems.

Before & after Nosejob

http://www.honda-tech.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=60393&stc=1&d=1249581536

here's an old pic after her nose-job with black hair

http://www.gossipcheck.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/lady_gaga_01.jpg

now here's her new image

http://images.starpulse.com/news/media/Lady-Gaga-jet-1.jpg

She has gotten ALOT prettier with alot of help... would Venus-rising have needed that help?

I highly doubt that she's had a nosejob, she still has that regal nose with a bump (that in my opinion makes her face special).
Photos can be taken in different angles which makes the nose look bigger and smaller. Also, the pictures where she has dark hair is older than the ones where she's blonde (such as in the 1st photo) and her nose looks the same in the dark as in the latest photos of her blonde.

The nose also changes as you get older especially between the late teens and adulthood. Personally I had a button nose when I was a child (like most children) then in my teens my nose got short and snub and even a little chubby, and now it's thin and has a tip. So looking at photos of me when I was 16 and now it could pass as looking like I've done a nosejob which I haven't.

But people consider Jennifer Aniston beautiful, even though she's not. there's a luxury to her, even in t-shirts, that feels very libran to me, and Vince Vaughn is this huge overweight lug of a guy who is still considering charming enough to be a lead man, again you can feel that venus charm from him.

I agree. Libra ascendants can be passionate and aren't all softy-soft but they do have a commercial look that appeals to the general public.

RockFish

I totally think she had a nosejob, or more than one.

This year, I was shocked to see her in SNL, her nose was very different from before. It was the first thing I noticed.

Courtney Love

I totally think she had a nosejob, or more than one.

This year, I was shocked to see her in SNL, her nose was very different from before. It was the first thing I noticed.

I know! I don't want to sound mean, but my first thought was "no nose job, are you crazy? her other nose took up most of her face, I mean, unless she got hit by a football 5 minutes before the picture was taken...."

She's gotten so much more attractive, and in hollywood that only happens with help from a surgeon. this isn't careful shading and good makeup nor is it her becoming a woman/adult.

I think I tend to get the element right, but not the sign, so by saying virgo, I also agree with the capricorn rising, it's got to be one of those... Something has tempered her firey sun...

RockFish

What ugly noses?! FYI, my nose looks like a rugby ball, but a cute one. :whistling: :wink:

Lady Gaga au naturel:

article-0-0546671E000005DC-224_468x829_popup.jpg

article-1191997-0546643A000005DC-864_468x660.jpg

I don't know if these pics do her justice, I've seen other pics of her face sans make-up in which she looked better. I guess this was a fugly day for her... But anyways, some people like to ascribe certain facial features to certain rising signs, so I thought it would be a good idea to put her real face here.

Obviously I'm not saying she is a hermaphrodite or a transvestite, I thought this was clear in my post. Obviously she' a woman, but I'm talking about public perception as a hint about someone's ascendant. The fact that there was speculation (that hit the newspapers) about an alleged penis only speaks about the ascendant, I believe.

In Bad Romance she deliberatedly twists and distorts her body to look like a monster or a freak (Uranus). I don't think that is very venusian. In some parts of it she might have looked venusian, but there is a consistent degree of violence (Mars) in this video and in Papparazzi, and I guess most people would agree that her freakshiness is her trademark. Venus would be prominent in a 1 a.m. chart, since it would be angular and squaring the ascendant, so obviously it wouldn't be missing in the combo, but I just don't see her as someone with venus on ascendant.

Sorry, edit to correct: Venus would be trining the ascendant in a 1:00 am chart.
I'm still thinking about it, but love your insight. The freakishness and violence. I thought of Libra at first because of the Fashion and Polarity, but now I'm not sure. An Earth asc does seem like a strong possibility because she has such a mix of elements... a struggle for balance.

BelAge

I agree with RockFish and all those who don't see Venus as the main planet on the ascendant. There is nothing Venusian about Lady Gaga... Wearing "fashionable" clothings does not make one Venusian. In fact, there is a shock value and an almost repulsive element to her clothings that Venus would not not care about.

Last edited: