The disgusting truth about love, sex, and attraction that nobody wants to hear

CapAquaPis

It's funny that you notice a correlation with the Uranus in Cap generation. I noticed a correlation between this type of dating and the Pluto in Scorpio generation. It's pretty much the same generation: 1988-1996 vs. 1985-1995. It's notable that they are also the first generation to consider online dating normal. It was still embarrassing and taboo to find your mate online for my generation, although we started it.

I agree that women aren't doing anything impressive by sinking to the level of the men we used to call dogs.

I disagree that all men take advantage in this way. I thought they were all like that before I met men who aren't. I think it's important that men understand they're just as responsible for their behavior as women are responsible for ours. Too often their desires are seen as uncontrollable, which is both insulting to men, basically says they're no better able to control themselves than animals, and dangerous because it gives men an excuse to let their urges run wild and women an excuse to let them get away with it.

I'm the Uranus in Scorpio generation (born 1980) and we felt the idea of finding love on the internet was cool, but had a lot of risks of being catfished, ghosted or trolled. But it's no different from older ways of finding ideal mates like the classifieds in newspapers (I remember those, LOL). I guess the planet Uranus and the sign Scorpio is about unconventional and "taboo" kind of relationships.

CapAquaPis

I agree to a certain extent that the subject of becoming aware of men's ulterior motives is largely an age thing but I think the way society is built as a whole perpetuates the cycle and so older generations are more responsible for this than they might be aware of.

For example, in the nuclear family set-up and traditionally set values that has the man as the patriarch, it sets up a dynamic where men feel they need to protect women and women feel protected when they have a man. There would have been good reason to have men protecting women and it is true that men are physically stronger than females. But this dynamic is unfair on both men and women. Men are then subconsciously given messages that the need to protect means it's ok to behave aggressively and women will think an aggressive man is a sign of safety.

I heard of this claim many times before in what men seek in relationships: Gratification and for her looks, nothing emotional bonding about the romantic relationship with a woman. These men are not considerate on what their partner wants, romance is about the heart and soul, and both sexes want to find a compatible partner who cares about their emotional well being. If you date only for ones' looks, then it's not worth a match without understanding the other's personality, character, mannerisms and moral/ethical behavior.