Overlapping Sign-Blending

!4C

I was astounded to learn that in both Trad and Mod opinion, the Signs have definitive cut-offs ("walls") at the boundary points.
I first investigated astrology on the internet back in 1996. Like most, my curiosity started from sun sign horoscopes. There were a number of sites that had separate sun sign descriptions for people born on cusps. Being a STEM student, it made sense and I never questioned it conceptually. :smile:

Hkk

Account Closed
I'm using the pinpoint (longitudinal) location of the planets to determine Chart-ruler(s). So, 29 degrees Mercury in Sagittarius would bring in Jupiter as dispositor, even though Mercury's Orb-Influence is extended into Capricorn. At 1 degree Capricorn, Mercury's pinpoint location would mean Saturn as dispositor, even though Mercury's Orb-Influence is still activating some Sagittarian qualities.

Ok David so I should also look to my sun cap which is like at 3 degrees so merc combustion?

david starling

Since their Orbs overlap, you have a Sun/Merc combo going on. Using the "combust" theory, the Sun absorbs the effects of Mercury in Sagittarius and expresses them in Capricorn. Mercury in Sagittarius can go right to heart of a matter. You do seem to have that ability! :biggrin:

Hkk

Account Closed
Since their Orbs overlap, you have a Sun/Merc combo going on. Using the "combust" theory, the Sun absorbs the effects of Mercury in Sagittarius and expresses them in Capricorn. Mercury in Sagittarius can go right to heart of a matter. You do seem to have that ability! :biggrin:

Awww thanks David 😊 that’s lovely of you to say