Do I Have an Unaspected Mercury?

alvin0605

Hi,

I'm wondering if my Mercury is isolated in my chart. Well, Chiron is also there, but so far, in the different chart interpretations that I read (mostly in the internet), Mercury is always alone in drama.

As a newbie, I'm still not sure of the participation of Chiron in a chart. Should I consider it when looking for Mercury aspects?

Mercury is also my only fixed and earth planet, Chiron not included. Does this also make my Mercury a singleton?

Hope you can help.

Thanks!:smile::smile::smile:

Attachments

• alvin0605.gif
    alvin0605.gif
    48 KB · Views: 52

dr. farr

Using only the hermetic (Ptolemaic or major) aspects, and excluding asteroids, as far as aspects in longitude are concerned, yes Mercury is unaspected in this chart:
HOWEVER,
Have you checked the parallels of declination (which are = to strong conjunctions)?
If Mercury is within 1.5 degrees on the same side (N or S) of the ecliptic as any other planet (or node) then Mercury would, in essence, be in "conjunction" (via parallel of declination) with that planet (or node). Check on it (use the pdf selection on the astro.com chart to see the declinations)

StillOne

I echo Dr. Farr. Yes, it's unaspected but check the declinations.

Also, you have a very interesting and symmetrical "structure" as your chart. Whenever I see aspect patterns like this I get intrigued. I think you should investigate further since you have a grand trine. The opposition between Sun/Mars conjunction and Uranus/Jupiter conj should be looked into since it may assist you in realizing the potential of your grand trine more.

You also have 2 learning triangles in your chart. These are from the school of Huber astrology and you may consider looking into that as well.

Good luck

alvin0605

thanks dr farr!

this is the first time i've heard of this parallel of declination, i'll certainly look into it!

i checked in the astro.com chart - pdf format, and Mercury is not in parallel to any other planets. well, then, i'll have to check further what this unaspected planet means.

however, my sun(gemini), venus (cancer), and mars(gemini) are parallel... wow, this is new!

tsmall

Premium Member
Using only the hermetic (Ptolemaic or major) aspects, and excluding asteroids, as far as aspects in longitude are concerned, yes Mercury is unaspected in this chart:

Um, not to be a fly in the ointment, but isn't Mercury sextile Venus by sign? An 8* orb is wide by modern standards, but still a sextile?

alvin0605

Thanks StillOne!

I agree with you about the grand trine. Ever since I came across this aspect, I've been forever searching for its meaning and what can it do to my chart.

May I know what other learning triangles do I have?

Bina

Although your Mercury is unaspected in the traditional sense, there can still be some more subtle influences on it from the other planets.
Mercury is widely conjunct Chiron, you may like to find out about this aspect.
Also have a look if there are any other minor aspects to Mercury.

A great website for aspects:

http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/aspects.htm

You could check out if Mercury is aspecting any midpoints between the other planets or if the midpoints between Mercury and any other planet receive any aspects.

As StillOne already mentioned there is a complex symmetrical aspect pattern in your chart, Chiron is at the top of this pattern, so it has an important role in your chart.
The base of this is made up by the sextile between the Pluto/Saturn conjunction and Neptune, these 2 points make 2 squares to Venus and the Moon respectively, which both sextile Chiron at the top. If you look at this structure in a different way it is made up of 3 yods which all share Chiron as one of the points. I think it could be very revealing to further study all the aspects involved, since they are all very close in orb as well! I know this is a bit off topic from your question, this pattern just stands out so much, I felt very much to mention it. :smile:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Um, not to be a fly in the ointment, but isn't Mercury sextile Venus by sign? An 8* orb is wide by modern standards, but still a sextile?
tsmall, I agree that Mercury and Venus are sextile by sign HOWEVER according to traditional astrology Mercury and Venus are beyond the 'moiety of their orb' which in their case is 7[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT] - i.e. 3½º + 3½º = 7º and here's a link that explains 'moiety' http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects.html#mo

NOTICE Mercury is within the moiety of the orb of a sextile aspect with the Moon - therefore I would say your mercury is NOT unsuspected :smile:

dr. farr

JA is correct (that a seperating Moon to Mercury sextile exists using Traditionalist orbs) however I consider the giant "orb of influence" attributed to the Moon in Traditionalist astrology, to be quite problematical (my opinion only!), hence-for me-there would be no such sextile aspect of Moon to Mercury in my delineation of the chart.
I much prefer the smaller orbs as used in Modernist astrology for estimating orbs of aspect.