Tantra

Ukpoohbear

soulsneedsleep.jpg

Ukpoohbear

"To Thine Own Self Be True." • William Shakespeare

“There is nothing you will ever do that is more important than being honest about who you really are. As crazy as it may seem, most of us are not who we think we are; we are someone else's ideas. Two words: cultural conditioning. Our identities are tremendously warped and distorted by yesterday's trauma and tomorrow's expectations. The struggle to excavate your true, authentic self from beneath the mountain of conditioning and ridiculous expectation is the epic struggle of your lifetime.

Most people are buried alive in a cultural and familial avalanche from the moment they are born, and are never seen or heard from again. Your number one mission in life is to be who you were intended to be. Nothing is more miserable than living a muted existence of inauthenticity. All pain in life comes from suppressing your true identity. You must begin to understand that this is your life; no one else's! This is your precious, wonderful, unique and brief moment in life! Please, I beg you, to at least be honest with yourself and be who you are. If you can't be who you really are then what is life but an unbearable lie? It is essential that you follow your own idea of passion, even if to others it looks like suffering. Refuse to be coerced. Resist the suppressive pressure to contract and instead expand in defiance. Resist and declare that you are alive; you are you, and you are unmasterable and beautifully broken in a fixed world.” • Bryant McGill

Ukpoohbear

I die everyday. One level of consciousness is broken to make way for another, each one bringing me closer to unconditional love and God. I surrender and ask for help. Amazing grace how sweet thou are.

Chiron’s wife, Chariclo, meaning grace. Chiron did heal, thanks to the marriage. It’s suggesting as well that souls can be healed and moulded into one another as part of the process of reaching unconditional love. All pain will eventually reach grace.

I don’t believe we have any control except the ability to choose to grow or choose the light or the dark. Even then it is limited because it is part of a process.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Go by people's actions and not their words. Make sure your actions match your words - this is how to begin to see people in terms of their shadow and not their mask.

actionsnotwords2.jpg

To avoid the shadow being 'seen,' people will project. But denial is like a plaster, it will rip off and be more painful eventually.

projecting1.jpg

Be the tree that bends. This is difficult, especially when you desire and want to fight for something. What a lesson to learn - let it all go. Or as Bruce Lee would say, be like water.

treethatbdens.jpg

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
Neat thread.

What kind of Tantra are you interested in?

I'll post two books. Both are of the "Greater Vehicle" but with vastly different dangers.

1) Chenrezig, Lord of Love: https://www.amazon.com/Chenrezig-Lord-Love-Principles-Meditation/dp/0963037102

Chenrezig is the most merciful, benevolent and safe tantra practice one can take on their own. And quite frankly, due to corruption of the temples, the safest route is doing it on your own.

2) The New Guide to Dakini Land: The Highest Yoga Tantra Practice of Buddha Vajrayogini - https://www.amazon.com/New-Guide-Dakini-Land-Vajrayogini/dp/1906665494

Chenrezig is the safest, Vajrayogini is quite dangerous though, so I wouldn't recommend her practice without a master. Though, like I said above, the temples are corrupt, be cautious.

There are other tantric methods I know of, but those involve the left hand path, a road that leads to the brightest of stars, then the deepest of hells.

Ukpoohbear

‘This, then, is the human problem: There is a price to be paid for every increase in consciousness. We cannot be more sensitive to pleasure without being more sensitive to pain.’
— Alan W. Watts, The Wisdom of Insecurity.

Ukpoohbear

'One must never give way to fear, but one must admit to oneself that one is afraid.' - C. G Jung

'I will stay with it and endure through suffering hardship
and once the the heaving sea has shaken my raft to pieces,
then I will swim.'
- Odysseus

Ukpoohbear

Neat thread.

What kind of Tantra are you interested in?

I'll post two books. Both are of the "Greater Vehicle" but with vastly different dangers.

1) Chenrezig, Lord of Love: https://www.amazon.com/Chenrezig-Lord-Love-Principles-Meditation/dp/0963037102

Chenrezig is the most merciful, benevolent and safe tantra practice one can take on their own. And quite frankly, due to corruption of the temples, the safest route is doing it on your own.

2) The New Guide to Dakini Land: The Highest Yoga Tantra Practice of Buddha Vajrayogini - https://www.amazon.com/New-Guide-Dakini-Land-Vajrayogini/dp/1906665494

Chenrezig is the safest, Vajrayogini is quite dangerous though, so I wouldn't recommend her practice without a master. Though, like I said above, the temples are corrupt, be cautious.

There are other tantric methods I know of, but those involve the left hand path, a road that leads to the brightest of stars, then the deepest of hells.

I'm not interested in any particular school of tantra, it is more like a self journey into darkness and light, and sharing inspiration along the way. It sounds like you have read up about it a lot though! When you return from your travels into the wilds, let us discuss.

Ukpoohbear

Another Bukowski quote —

‘We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.’
Charles Bukowski

david starling

Another Bukowski quote —

‘We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.’
Charles Bukowski

Fearing the inevitable, we seek diversions that make us feel like it won't happen to us.

Ukpoohbear

Fearing the inevitable, we seek diversions that make us feel like it won't happen to us.

What you are referring to, I think is the ultimate in spiritual truth. A fear of death can lead to dire consequences. Tower moments are scary but sacred.

I have observed that those who have mature souls, have often had a brush with death in their childhood, spiritually or physically.

Ukpoohbear

’The world pushes you into poetry by withdrawing something, not giving it. The greatest poems are not written by the woman who got that last kiss; they are written by the woman who didn’t.’
— Martin Shaw, Courting the Wild Twin

Last edited: