In synastry's can you do progression to progressions ?

IleneK

Premium Member
Patience, patience, patience...:smile:

I am not sure what exactly you mean by "progression to progression."

But I can tell you that a progressed chart is meaningful only as a stand alone or in relation to the natal chart from which it is derived.
It is not meaningful astrologically to do synastry of two progressed charts, if that is what you are asking [two of yours at different times, or anyone else's.]

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Patience, patience, patience...:smile:
Ha Ha you know me too well Ilenek :biggrin:
I am not sure what exactly you mean by "progression to progression."

But I can tell you that a progressed chart is meaningful only as a stand alone or in relation to the natal chart from which it is derived.
It is not meaningful astrologically to do synastry of two progressed charts, if that is what you are asking [two of yours at different times, or anyone else's.]

I mean that if we look at two peoples progression charts and put the progression planets together as a synastry overlay, is this plausible ?

And you've answered No.

The reason why i thought it was maybe possible, as the progression planets are showing how we are growing/changing as a person, so say someone has venus/aries in their natal and they used to rush in/out relationship, now they'd have venus/taurus and would be more patient and realistic. So comparing two individuals progressed charts i thought would be more helpful than just comparing natals.

Last edited:

tinypastels

I mean that if we look at two peoples progression charts and put the progression planets together as a synastry overlay, is this plausible ?

And you've answered No.

The reason why i thought it was maybe possible, as the progression planets are showing how we are growing/changing as a person, so say someone has venus/aries in their natal and they used to rush in/out relationship, now they'd have venus/taurus and would be more patient and realistic. So comparing two individuals progressed charts i thought would be more helpful than just comparing natals.

Interesting idea! I haven't read about this but wouldn't hurt experimenting. I'm doing it now for my relationship.

...and I'm back

Seems to me the progressed signs don't give a new personality, they just flavor the birth placement. So my venus/aries is a little more realistic, but still very aries. Their venus/capricorn is a little more sensitive like pisces but still quite set in their ways. I notice our natal aries capricorn dynamic all the time. I can't imagine me being the taurus/venus to a pisces/venus. Of course this is just my personal example.

IleneK

Premium Member

And you've answered No.

I think your logic is sound. It is just that the natal is the very heart of the individual's inner life, the inner planets at least.
To my thinking that natal imprint, that psychological profile, at its foundation does not alter over the native's life. It is synastry between the inners of the natal chart that determines the main connections with another.
So to follow your exploration, I can see using the two natals in synastry as we ordinarily do. And then after you select relevant connections, then you might consult the progressed chart to see how much more into or out of orb the synastry contacts might be...That does seem meaningful to me. But I don't see it overcoming the relationship between the two natals.

And again, that is just how I see it. I appreciate your curiosity and your inquiring mind, chrys.

Chrysalis

Ive been looking into this a little more, and i've found some information out, like illenek has said there does need to be something going on with the natal synastry first, there needs to be some kind of good connections going on to be the base.

Then you can look at your progressions and see how these work, and this would be progression - progression, applying progressions ( within 2 degrees) would be when things are starting to form, you both might start noticing each other more etc, exact aspects - 2 degrees separating are when the relationship starts fizzling out....unless another progression aspect comes into play. This won't cause an immediate break-up, but a shift will be felt.....this is where the natal synastry comes in, as when the progressions seperate, they need their natal synastry's to be their safety net, to save things and keep them together.

Your only looking at hard progression aspects to bring an event so conjunctions, oppositions, and a trine has been mentioned (?)

Transiting planets can work as a trigger to the natal or progressed aspects.

For example: i have with someone pr venus sextile pr venus, my Pr venus conjuncts his n juno and his P moon is 5 degrees away from hitting my Pr venus/juno.

Now for anything to happen here, we'd need a transiting planet to be hitting this venus/venus sextile to trigger it off, without a trigger it would lay dormant, his P moon is approaching yes and will hit in 5 months time, but im not sure if this is strong enough.