Astrology & Your Dosha type

persephone5

I like this test better than most because it gives different categories. Whenever I take other tests they group everything under one category so I come out WAY too strongly in pitta even though that is not true.

In this test, my overall scores were: vata/17 pitta/19 and kapha/19

Pretty close!

That is because mentally I am an equal mix according to this site. Here I got 5 each. I'm not sure that is entirely correct though. I think I am more vata with some kapha mentally.

Behaviorally I got a 7 in kapha and a 5 in pitta.

Emotionally a tie between vata and kapha. No surprise there!

But physically I got a 7 in pitta and a 3 in the other two.

I am a scorpio with moon in capricorn and rising in leo.

based on the end result interpretation, I would actually agree with vata more, kapha least. I get headaches (mostly neckaches that I interpret as headaches or turn into ones) have had terrible insomnia my whole life,anxiety ridden (social)

basically almost all are true of me. But mostly none in the kapha and half of the pitta.

Still, an interesting test :)

Actually, on thinking about it, I think mentally I am more vata, physically definitely pitta with some vata, but emotionally a tie between vata and kapha.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Caro would need supplementation of kapha for optimal balance.
Preeshu also kapha.
So, study indications for kapha gems/crystals in my "Tridosha of Gems + Stones" thread (Spiritual Realm forum), also indicated kapha foods, colors (of clothes, etc) in the Ayurvedic literature.

Another factor regarding doshas, in addition to any deficiency, is sensitivity to a particular element (dosha) It is quite possible to be "too sensitive" to a particular element, in which case one would balance that over sensitivity by the use of the opposite-quality dosha (eg, too sensitive to vata would call for kapha, too sensitive to pitta also would call for kapha, too sensitive to kapha would call for a combination of vatta+pitta, although oftentimes pitta alone can be used to counter-balance the kapha over sensitivity)

How can we find out if we might have an over sensitivity to a particular dosha? An excellent, objective way is through the seasons:
1) is there any season in which, on average, you usually-or frequently-seem to have problems, difficulties, acute illnesses, a depressive "blues" tendency, or "bad luck"?
2) now, if not, if no season stands out as usually (or often) difficult, then we can't apply this over-sensitivity test
3) however, IF a season does stand out as usually (or often) difficult for you, then this can indicate which dosha you might well be over-sensitive to:

Season: Dosha
Spring..............................vata
Summer............................pitta
early/mid Autumn...............vata/pitta
late Autumn......................vata/kapha (often just kapha)
Winter..............................kapha

During such season, if there is over-sensitivity, then use the indicated balancing dosha-affinitive remedies to "desensitize": here, certain tonifying/strengthening herbal remedies of the indicated dosha are of particular efficacy; of course appropriate foods, and crystals/gems, would come into play as well, but appropriate herbs especially.
Also, during the season, avoidance or minimal use/exposure of the disruptive dosha (that is, of the dosha you are over-sensitive to) would be an important component of your protocol.

Victoria

Wow, this is quite fascinating!

On the test I got
Vata 28
Pitta 6
Kapha 12

Reading about vata, it seems -very- true to my nature!

Caro

I forgot to do the breakdown for each group. guess I wil lhave to check again.

thanks Dr Farr will look into .

I have done something with this previously and came out Vata. which did not really make sense. can see why you need to balance it out a bit.

a true test maybe how you react under stress - perhaps this brings out the clear underlying tendancies. (taking the test when you in these situations)

the seasonal thing is interesting. spring - my allergies occur. guess that goes for a number of people who suffer from hayfever. also early sept(autumn) is a time I hate. but I guess you can also go somewhere where it is warm in these times and maybe that would bring in some summer or something.

if Im really honest - I resonate more with the chinese system. just find it easier to follow.

Colarado comment in earlier post. the picture on the website is of a very happy looking man in the mountains of colarado. hence a place I would like to . looks lovely the mountains that is.

Last edited:

dr. farr

The Chinese 5 element model is also an excellent one with practical utility: use whatever model works most effectively for you:biggrin:!

Moog

I have done something with this previously and came out Vata. which did not really make sense.

I was curious, so I looked at your chart sidereally (as the Indians would), which gives Libra rising (Vata) and puts your Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars in Vata signs (Capricorn, Aquarius, Libra)

Caro

thanks for that. have had my vedic chart done.

it was more that I am not a VATA archetype alone. I do have a lot of kapha characteristics (looks wise)- this survey in this thread did not go into the detail.

I am sure there is a lot more to this system and the survey attached is a starting point.

Chinese medicine seems to be a more suitable fit.

Moog

The Kapha comes from the remaining planets in Pisces and Cancer, both Kapha signs. Jupiter (Kapha) is exalted and angular in your chart, which perhaps gives more oomph in the kapha department?

You would seem to have a lack of Pitta.

Caro

that is interesting as I have food allergies which result in body rashes.

I generally see the vedic as how I may see myself. so it gives me something to think about.
thanks for checking it out.

gen6k

vatta: 18
pitta: 19
kapha: 19

i feel mostly vatta and kapha, but i have mars on my ascendant so that might be why i seem pitta.

well sometimes on these types of psychcology tests i feel like i put down my ideal and several experiences, but its hard to latch on to the general overview of it instead of looking at particular moments and magnifying certain events out of proportion while ignoring others.

i would say that this past year so far has been vatta mostly, but depending on these scores it seems like i am trying to ignore that.

also the modality of how one functions gets triggered during specific reactions to events, but it is hard to make a function of the order of those events.

on the other hand, it can point to someone that reacts to situations as is needed instead of a personology.

other than that my chart is kind of balanced except total lack of fire.

i like heat producing supplements like ashwaganda, coffee, piracetam, etc. green tea was my favorite, its a thermogenic, but i cant drink that anymore cause got poisoned. i dont like exemplyfing marsian things though like creatine or anabolic type things.

Last edited:

Zonark

Vata: 17
Pitta: 32
Kapha: 25

I've always been a predominantly Pitta type, but I used to have more Vata than Kapha, especially when I was vegan. Now that I eat meat occasionally I notice the Vata qualities declining and the Kapha increasing.

Am a Leo sun with Cancer moon and Capricorn ascendant. My chart is predominantly Earth too, with Merc in Virgo Mars in Taurus and a Capricorn stellium of outers.

Oh I also have no planets in air signs. None whatsoever.

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

Vata: 15
Pitta: 4
Kapha: 20

Vata and Kapha tend to swing around a lot, but Vata usually comes out slightly higher, which I think is accurate. This test is an exception for those two scores, so it's probably not that reliable. I also ignored the relationship questions (except for "Friendships", where I got Pitta :whistling:) because none of them were accurate answers. (What does that last statement say about me... oops.)

Last edited:

tautomer

Vata: 24
Pitta: 10
Kapha: 21

so apparently I am Vata, which states thusly: If I made it grey, it does NOT fit me.

This is your mind-body type

checkmark.gif

Classic Symptoms of Vata Types
Dry or rough skin
Insomnia
Constipation
Fatigue
Headaches
Intolerance of cold
Underweight or losing weight
Anxiety, worry and restlessness
Attention Deficit with Hyperactivity Disorder

Classic Symptoms of Pitta Types
Rashes

Inflammatory skin conditions (including acne)
Stomach aches
Diarrhea
Controlling and manipulative behavior
Visual problems or burning in the eyes
Excessive body heat
Hostility, irritability
Excessive competitive drive

Classic Symptoms of Kapha Types
Oily skin
Slow digestion
Sinus congestion
Nasal allergies
Asthma
Obesity
Skin growths
Possessiveness, neediness
Apathy
Depression
Difficulty paying attention

So really, I don't put much stock into this at all. I'm evenly split between all three, regardless of the test.

I cee

I would consider this pretty well balanced, perhaps a little Vata/Pitta additional support might be needed, and to be a bit careful regarding Kapha (not over-indulging in Kapha-element materials/foods, etc)
Thankyou dr farr!
What would you suggest?
I'm sleeping terrible at the moment,does this have an effect from vata/pitta.
Even when my back plays up I usually sleep well.
I must be out of balance somewhere?