When will I go back to work (known outcome)

tsmall

Premium Member
From the archives, a known outcome chart to practice with.

It isn't often you get a horary question of a personal nature that pertains to something that could be considered a mundane event. The querent initially presented me with the question "when will I go back to work." Seems fairly straightforward, I noted the time. The back story really grabbed my attention. She worked for Fairpoint Communications, and on Halloween 2014 about 1700 union workers for this telecommunications company were on strike. She wanted to know when the strike would end.

**note, yes, it is possible to cheat since this is obviously a chart/question related to a very big, newsworthy event. So even if you google the answer it would be great if you can show astrologically and with technique how the events turned out.

For those of you who like to recast charts in your own software, chart data is 10/31/2014, 8:56 pm, Rochester, NH, USA.

Attachments

• fairpoint strike.1.jpg
    fairpoint strike.1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 50

rafaella

Not for a while. Moon in Aqua separating from an opposition to Jupiter, the job, so its like she left her job, that makes sense. Moon next aspects Saturn, 7th ruler by square, so those are her co-workers, the ones on strike. Mars right on the 7th cusp, lots of anger but its contained, Mars has dignity.

Moon square Saturn is not good here, reception is negative from Saturn, so this puts a stop here. I'm thinking there is some kind of a stand off here at about 3 month point. Moon then changes signs and aspects Mars, which rules the next sign in 10th house, which I normally take to be the next job. Mars also rules the 10th sign. So Moon to Mars is about 14 degrees, but Moon/Saturn square delays things. So 14 weeks or months. but maybe longer.

Another interesting thing, there is mutual reception between Mars and Saturn, the agreement will come when the aspect completes between Mars/Saturn which I see will be when Mars is at 27 Cap. (Of course other planets will aspect Saturn before that, but the aspect between Mars and Saturn is a strong one and will deliver). This shows 23 units. So one aspect shows 14 units, the other 23. We have to take the middle which is about 18-19 weeks. Nearly 5 months? That's a long time!

I'm thinking maybe she goes back to work at 14 weeks, but the agreement will come later, could that be it?

tsmall

Premium Member
One tip for timing. Moon was separating from a partile opposition to Jupiter, ruler of the MC, by 14 minutes. The strike started on October 17th, 15 days before the question was asked. Considering that your times with a watch may vary, the separation of Moon with Jupiter, minutes for days gives us a good place to start.

tsmall

Premium Member
I agree, Moon just separating from the opposition to Jupiter, especially with the math, shows the start of the strike. I found it interesting (astrology works!) that the querent is represented by the Moon, as the Moon also signifies the "people" in mundane charts.

Because this was a workers' strike, which has the nature of a contest, I took the 7th ruler to be the company, and Saturn here does make sense. Fairpoint operates the only traditional landline service in New England. In Scorpio, and there had been many, many problems with customer service, and finances proior to the start of the strike.

There is a huge 7th/5th emphasis in the chart, re-enforcing using Saturn to represent the corporation, and there were several "ambassadors" that were involved in trying to reach an agreement, including the governors of at least two states.

tsmall

Premium Member
So which aspect did you use for timing? Moon to Saturn?

rafaella, sorry it took me so long to answer--Dad visiting this week kept me away from the computer.

Yes, Moon to Saturn.

Since this thread generated so little interest, I'll shorthand it. The Moon was something like 15-16 minutes past separation with Jupiter (the job) and with times and all being what they are it was close enough to the number of days the strike had been ongoing (I mean, we are talking minutes, not degrees, and if the time of the question was recorded as three minutes earlier--plus it was an analog clock--you get my drift) which was 14.

Moon for the querent/1700 striking workers, Jupiter for the job, Saturn for the company. The applying square from Moon to Saturn tells what will happen, and the reception is completely priceless in how it actually went. Saturn receiving Moon from Moon's fall.

As to the timing, well. It was the longest workers' strike that year, and ended on February 22, 2015, for a total of 131 days.

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/02/22/business/fairpoint-unions-accept-deal-ending-lengthy-strike/

That is 117 days past when the question was asked, or roughly 16 weeks and two days. Moon perfects in 3 degrees and 12 minutes, or 3 months and 12 days. If we backed the Moon up then we have 3 months and 15 days, or somewhere around February 15th--which at least gets us within a week of when the strike ended.

rafaella

Thanks Tsmall! Personally I never use minutes so specifically, as I use degrees as day/weeks or months and the minutes as a 'few days here or there' on top of the degrees. I probably would have just said around 3,5 months looking at Moon/Saturn aspect. But good to see an an example here. This chart was a great timing example!

Thanks for sharing!

tsmall

Premium Member
I guess my whole point in posting this chart is that the Moon's last aspect, or actually any "last aspect" between significators is super important in understanding the situation as it is unfolding (as in, find the last aspect between the sigs to ge the basis of the situation, and the Moon's last aspect is the best place to start) and then take your timing from the Moon. Voc or not (a void moon means delays, not that the chart can't be read), the Moon CAN give timing, but the ability of the primary significators to perform is the better place to start.

Ziang

Moon and Jupiter are seperating, she just stopped working. I see Saturn collecting the light of moon and Jupiter, so she will go back to the position, with the help of Saturn, in 3 time units. I would say 3-4 weeks but I was surprised to see it took 3 months. That took so LONG