Balsamic Moon and Motivation

Munch

Just a quick question before I head off to work.

I'm one of the most non-motivated people I know in regards to lasting achievements on the material plane.

I'm not sure if this is the combo of Saturn/Sun insecurity coupled with the decadent and lazy mutual reception between Jupiter/Venus (1st/3rd houses), or if it could better be attributed to the balsamic moon phase.

I wonder about the moon phase because my entire life I've lived with the sense of 'been there, done that, got the t-shirt several times over.' The only things that ever capture and hold my attention much to my chagrin are things that I attribute to the spiritual world and plane. This is bothersome for me because it's so hard to actually get a good and solid footing in this world and I feel like I'm spinning my wheels non-stop in vain just to try to make my world a little more stable.

Anyway, I'm just curious if this kinda of lack of motivation could be attributed to the natal balsamic moon phase.

Thanks!

Hi munch,
I was born during balsalmic moon phase, and I am pretty ambitious in life. My ambition is rather non-traditional, though. I developed a product and a business, I've lived in lots of dif countries and I have 2 sweet little Boys and a relationship I adore. These are the kind of things I have put my ambition toward. I've never been a big earner and I kinda always knew personal development is where its at for me in this life. I do feel the balsalmic sense of been there, done that pretty regularly.

Bina

So interesting you started this thread today, I was thinking about starting a thread today on being in progressed balsamic moon phase - am about 8 months from progressed new moon, and nothing much seems to be happening in my life- things are slowing down more and more..am feeling very introverted and there is absolutely no motivation to start anything new.. don't know which direction to take, feels like something should change soon, but no idea what and how. Kind of waiting.. :unsure::innocent:

gen6k

i have retrograde natals: mercury gemini, saturn capricorn, neptune capricorn, uranus capricorn, pluto scorpio.

my energy is also now expended in the counter-part mystical dimensions. it used to be like normal day dream imagination back then, but now it is self-imposing itself on the physical world.

Munch

So interesting you started this thread today, I was thinking about starting a thread today on being in progressed balsamic moon phase - am about 8 months from progressed new moon, and nothing much seems to be happening in my life- things are slowing down more and more..am feeling very introverted and there is absolutely no motivation to start anything new.. don't know which direction to take, feels like something should change soon, but no idea what and how. Kind of waiting.. :unsure::innocent:

Wow, crazy! Me too! Though I have had several other big transits that account for the lack ability to do things (financial) there hasn't really been anything that has really struck me deeply as being something that I want to pursue.

My thing is that I am really incredibly ambitious but much like twelthnight, it's usually directed at self improvement. I'm a Cappy and I definitely feel very acutely what I perceive as failure on the physical plane. I have accomplished jack diddly, but there isn't diddly that I am too into. :innocent: Still that feeling that I must achieve is very strong, I just have no idea where to direct it!

I have my progressed new moon in my 5th house on August 3rd. Just last week, I took on another job that has exposed me to something NEW. I have been working on packing up and moving a museum. I work with a ton of artist and am suddenly developing a new skill set as an art handler. I didn't see that coming at all! So random (but most of my jobs are; I've been a bike messenger, worked in fire and flood textile restoration, worked at a driving school, in a hardware store, as a concierge, and held various reception/front office positions).

I began taking yoga last week too and am finding that my energy level is suddenly back up to pre-Saturn Return levels (that started 3 years ago!) and I am beginning to lose that holding pattern feeling and getting excited because I can practically taste the changes that have yet to be revealed.

Over the last two years, Ive also been impacted by a series of eclipses. January 4th last year was the full solar eclipse on my Solar Return, followed by another eclipse on my progressed sun, followed by the lunar eclipse in Gemini opposite my moon.

It has felt a bit like walking down a hallway of a sub. I go through one hatch and the other closes and seals up, accept forever. I just have to keep going forward. There is a bit of discomfort because this makes me feel like I am being herded but I suppose that I am on some level. :wink:

Let's keep in touch about our Progressed New moons! I'd love to hear how this is playing out for you.

Munch

Hi munch,
I was born during balsalmic moon phase, and I am pretty ambitious in life. My ambition is rather non-traditional, though. I developed a product and a business, I've lived in lots of dif countries and I have 2 sweet little Boys and a relationship I adore. These are the kind of things I have put my ambition toward. I've never been a big earner and I kinda always knew personal development is where its at for me in this life. I do feel the balsalmic sense of been there, done that pretty regularly.

Curiosity, what kind of product did you develop?! That's so super cool!!

Curiosity, what kind of product did you develop?! That's so super cool!!

Thanks, but it is not very cool...I just found a niche in the market where I wad last living in England for a natural modeling clay and dove in...I'm now trying my hand at textiles. I want something a bit more skilled....super ambitious, but pretty **** at making money..!

My products wind up being more expensive to make than I can ever hope to recover...haven't quite worked out that formula yet...

Moog

There's a few bits and bobs about effects of a waning moon here. http://jyotishvidya.com/part2_2.htm

I have a very thin waning moon (10 degrees from the Sun) with Saturn on it, so it's not an easy one, nor is it easy to judge the effect of moon phase alone in my chart. It's complicated.

Last edited:

Bina

Wow, crazy! Me too! Though I have had several other big transits that account for the lack ability to do things (financial) there hasn't really been anything that has really struck me deeply as being something that I want to pursue.

My thing is that I am really incredibly ambitious but much like twelthnight, it's usually directed at self improvement. I'm a Cappy and I definitely feel very acutely what I perceive as failure on the physical plane. I have accomplished jack diddly, but there isn't diddly that I am too into. :innocent: Still that feeling that I must achieve is very strong, I just have no idea where to direct it!

I have my progressed new moon in my 5th house on August 3rd. Just last week, I took on another job that has exposed me to something NEW. I have been working on packing up and moving a museum. I work with a ton of artist and am suddenly developing a new skill set as an art handler. I didn't see that coming at all! So random (but most of my jobs are; I've been a bike messenger, worked in fire and flood textile restoration, worked at a driving school, in a hardware store, as a concierge, and held various reception/front office positions).

I began taking yoga last week too and am finding that my energy level is suddenly back up to pre-Saturn Return levels (that started 3 years ago!) and I am beginning to lose that holding pattern feeling and getting excited because I can practically taste the changes that have yet to be revealed.

Over the last two years, Ive also been impacted by a series of eclipses. January 4th last year was the full solar eclipse on my Solar Return, followed by another eclipse on my progressed sun, followed by the lunar eclipse in Gemini opposite my moon.

It has felt a bit like walking down a hallway of a sub. I go through one hatch and the other closes and seals up, accept forever. I just have to keep going forward. There is a bit of discomfort because this makes me feel like I am being herded but I suppose that I am on some level. :wink:

Let's keep in touch about our Progressed New moons! I'd love to hear how this is playing out for you.

Hi Munch,
so interesting to hear about you also being in the same moon phase - were you born during balsamic moon as well? I was born in gibbous moon phase- just about 2 days before the full moon..

Definitely worth watching what happens when we reach new moon and afterwards - can't wait for some changes- hopefully big ones..
The first time I had a progressed new moon, there were lots of major changes in my life, I went in a whole new direction, found many new interests.. it was rather good! within 2-3 years of the new moon just about everything in my life changed -I left school, moved, found new friends, got into lots of interesting stuff including healing and astrology, etc..!!! :happy:

I'm also wondering where the effect of a progressed new moon will play out- whether in the house it falls into in the natal chart or in the progressed chart - any idea??

One more interesting observation: at the time of the progressed new moon, the progressed part of fortune is also conjunct the progressed ascendant (logically since POF = Asc + moon -sun), so it should also be a lucky time!! :smile::smile: