dodekatemorion and profection

theV

My dodek chart comparison with natal chart if we considered the 13 harmonic a dodek chart

Attachments

• dodeknatal.png
    dodeknatal.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

theV

:surprised: yes it is the harmonic 13 is the dodek chart,great discovery

There is a way to make a complete Pauline dodek chart (I refer to such as a "ramification" chart) although it must be done by hand (no software is available to make such a chart)
1-use whole sign house format (which is what the ancients used for such constructions)
2-find the ascending degree in the regular natal chart
3-find its Pauline dodek: this dodek position of the ascending degree becomes the ascending degree (and its sign the first house) of the dodek (ramification) chart
4-place each subsequent sign in order from the dodek ascendant, around in the circle of houses (eg if the dodek ascendant = a degree in Scorpio, then Scorpio is the 1st house, Sagittarius is the 2nd house, Capricorn is the 3rd house, etc etc around until Libra as the 12th house in the dodek chart)
5-for each planet in the natal chart, finds its Pauline dodek-then place that planet in that sign in the appropriate place in the new dodek chart
6-if looking at the Lots, construct all Lots (such as the Lot of Fortune, etc) ANEW FROM THE POSITIONS IN THE DODEK CHART, to study the Lots as they would apply to the dodek chart.
You now have a complete "ramification" (dodek) chart; if you also want to study a "hidden wellsprings" or "underlying background" chart ("behind" the natal) do the exact same procedure using the antiscia of the ascending degree and the planets, to contruct the "antiscia" chart...

I am also new to the antiscia I am still learning about it,but I have done antiscia chart with natal chart

Attachments

• antiscchart.png
    antiscchart.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 38

theV

That explain why I noticed a lot of Aries parallel virgo because aries are the antiscia of virgo and why aries point contra parallel pisces because aries are the opposite of libra and libra antiscia is pisces

Cap

:surprised: yes it is the harmonic 13 is the dodek chart,great discovery

And Egyptian method is harmonic 12.

That raises a question: what about other harmonics? Can appropriate harmonic be used when delineating matters of particular house in question, similarly to Arabic parts?

Obviously this is not out of scope of traditional astrology because they used harmonics, just called them differently.

poyi

Premium Member
That explain why I noticed a lot of Aries parallel virgo because aries are the antiscia of virgo and why aries point contra parallel pisces because aries are the opposite of libra and libra antiscia is pisces

I had mentioned it a few times the relationship of antiscia really attraction people together. As an example Virgo rising I had only been with Aries rising men. You can check charts of people you know of.

theV

Looking to my Antiscia/natal comparison chart there is a significant things going on right there,like my Antiscia sun is conjunct natal mc that explain why I focus a lot on my social life and career and being very ambitious and also the antiscia mc is also on virgo;
neptune and uranus conjunct moon explain artistic and escapisim,mars being in the 8th house explain anger issues,now looking to antiscia a lot of things are being explained and cleared away

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
Anticisa and contra anticisa show very critical things, whatever not showing on the surface it should be showed as antiscia/contra and declination as parallel/contra parallel, or midpoints. Aspect of part of fortune would shows physical body issues and mundane fortune.

theV

Anticisa and contra anticisa show very critical things, whatever not showing on the surface it should be showed as antiscia/contra and declination as parallel/contra parallel, or midpoints. Aspect of part of fortune would shows physical body issues and mundane fortune.

I do agree with you,I am starting to give them more importance,they clearify things from chart and help you understand more,just like dr.farr said it shows the hidden wellsprings or underlying background chart,for example my natal neptune is parallel my natal 5th house and in antiscia it's in the 5th house,my chiron and mercury in parallel to the 9th house in antiscia they are in the 9th house,I might do a reading later of my natal/antiscia but i need bit of research

JUPITERASC

There is a way to make a complete Pauline dodek chart (I refer to such as a "ramification" chart) although it must be done by hand (no software is available to make such a chart)
1-use whole sign house format (which is what the ancients used for such constructions)
2-find the ascending degree in the regular natal chart
3-find its Pauline dodek: this dodek position of the ascending degree becomes the ascending degree (and its sign the first house) of the dodek (ramification) chart
4-place each subsequent sign in order from the dodek ascendant, around in the circle of houses (eg if the dodek ascendant = a degree in Scorpio, then Scorpio is the 1st house, Sagittarius is the 2nd house, Capricorn is the 3rd house, etc etc around until Libra as the 12th house in the dodek chart)
5-for each planet in the natal chart, finds its Pauline dodek-then place that planet in that sign in the appropriate place in the new dodek chart
6-if looking at the Lots, construct all Lots (such as the Lot of Fortune, etc) ANEW FROM THE POSITIONS IN THE DODEK CHART, to study the Lots as they would apply to the dodek chart.
You now have a complete "ramification" (dodek) chart; if you also want to study a "hidden wellsprings" or "underlying background" chart ("behind" the natal) do the exact same procedure using the antiscia of the ascending degree and the planets, to contruct the "antiscia" chart...
LATE CLASSICAL ASTROLOGY
PAULUS ALEXANDRINUS AND OLYMPIODORUS :smile:

TRANSLATED BY DORIAN GREENBAUM - ARHAT

http://www.hellenisticastrology.com/astrologers/paul-of-alexandria/

Last edited:

dr. farr

Isn't Pauline dodek chart the same what is called today harmonic 13 chart? My software gives the same results with harmonic 13 option and when I calculate by hand.

Looking into the matter, the answer appears to be yes they are the same:smile:! That makes it very easy (using software for harmonic calculations, such as at astro.com) to make a Pauline dodek chart:joyful:!

dr. farr

Dr.farr didn't approve the contra parallel aspect but i think you should

http://altairastrology.wordpress.com/2008/06/23/parallel-and-antiscion-for-the-solstice/

Actually I had stated that I (usually) don't use contra-parallel because of SOME degree of doubt I have as to whether contra's = opposition influences (which the majority of contemporary practitioners believe and which is PROBABLY accurate) or whether contra's = the same a Parallels, ie, defacto conjunctions (which was the prevalent belief of oldtime practitioners, reaching even into the Modern times: Sepharial, Alvidas, Leo, Adams, Carter, Robson, M.P. Hall, and others-earlier in the 20th century-all shared this perspective)-now, probably this view (contras and Parallels meaning the same thing, ie, defacto conjunction) is wrong; however, I have reservations about this matter (exactly what contras signify) so I (generally) have conncentrated only on Parallels (which all through history have agreed = strong conjunctions)-but this is my own personal outlook, and I would encourage all our friends to follow their own insights regarding the matter of contra-parallels: and, as I mentioned above, PROBABLY contra's DO signify opposition influences...

dr. farr

And Egyptian method is harmonic 12.

That raises a question: what about other harmonics? Can appropriate harmonic be used when delineating matters of particular house in question, similarly to Arabic parts?

Obviously this is not out of scope of traditional astrology because they used harmonics, just called them differently.

In a way, yes: that's what is actually done in Vedic astrology, where they have (since most ancient times) used divisional charts (which they call "vargas") as part and parcel of the full delineation of the natal chart (all Vedic historical authorities have stated that the delineation of the natal chart is incomplete until all the varga charts stemming from it have also been delineated) However VEDIC divisional charts (varga charts) are computed (calculated) differently than the way HARMONIC charts are calculated-in Vedic each varga chart has special (or modifications of special) rules for making the calculations for that specific varga chart.
Nonetheless, I have experimented USING HARMONIC CHARTS for the various Vedic vargas, with interesting (encouraging) results.

Here are some of the significations (areas, departments of life) of the Vedic vargas: (D means "divisional chart"; the original natal chart is referred to as the "D1)
-D2: money, cash flow (2nd harmonic could be used; notice the connection here with the 2nd house)
-D3: brothers, associates, etc; also the nature of the person (3rd harmonic could be used)
-D4: wealth, home, property (notice the connection with the 4th house; the 4th harmonic could be used)
-D6: health (notice the connection with the 6th house; the 6th harmonic could be used)
-D7: children, progeny (the 7th harmonic could be used)
-D9: most important of the divisional charts (other than the natal-D1) in Vedic astrology: dharma (purpose of life), also love, romance, friends, marriage (the 9th harmonic could be used)
-D10: profession, career, business, etc (notice the connection with the 10th house; the 10th harmonic could be used)
-D12: parents; also those in authority over the native (at any and all levels); also, past life (regarding the "past life" indication, notice the connection with the 12th house; the 12th harmonic could be used)
...higher divisional charts (beyond the 12 houses) are also used in Vedic delineation:
-D16: comforts, pleasures; vehicles/transportation, etc (the 16th harmonic could be used)
-D17: travels (especially long distance, like 9th house) also education (again like the 9th house; the 17th harmonic could be used)
-D20: spiritual matters (the 20th harmonic could be used)
-D27: innate strengths and weaknesses (the 27th harmonic could be used)
-D30: potential evils one could be susceptible to (the 30th harmonic could be used)
-D40: "luck", good and bad events/streaks, etc (the 40th harmonic could be used)
-D60: the "karma varga", the "plan of" (or karmic outline underlying) the current life (the 60th harmonic could be used)

So, in answer to Cap's question, I'd say yes definitely the harmonic charts can be applied for additional, deeper and specific investigation into the various departments and areas of a life, deriving from the original natal chart...

Last edited:

theV

I had mentioned it a few times the relationship of antiscia really attraction people together. As an example Virgo rising I had only been with Aries rising men. You can check charts of people you know of.

Most of generation(1993/1995) have antiscia neptune/uranus in saggy conjunct my moon and squaring my sun,I always noticed the theme of neptune/sun when I interact my friend but i never found it in synastry,I always identifie with neptune but in my natal chart there isn't strong indication,but my antiscia moon is conjunct to neptune square my sun

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Most of generation(1993/1995) have antiscia neptune/uranus in saggy conjunct my moon and squaring my sun,
I always noticed the theme of neptune/sun when I interact my friend but i never found it in synastry,
I always identifie with neptune but in my natal chart there isn't strong indication,
but my antiscia moon is conjunct to neptune square my sun
Dodekatemorion and profection are obviously Traditional techniques
and this thread forms part of the Traditional Forum, therefore I quote from Traditional Astrology Forum Rules clearly displayed

Traditional Astrology Forum is For discussions on Traditional Astrology only :smile:

Note:

Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renassiance eras.

Specifically it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction)
and exludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,) non-Ptolemaic aspects, as well as any asteroids.

The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretetation and more on prediction.

Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.

theV

Dodekatemorion and profection are obviously Traditional techniques
and this thread forms part of the Traditional Forum, therefore I quote from Traditional Astrology Forum Rules clearly displayed

Traditional Astrology Forum is For discussions on Traditional Astrology only :smile:

Note:

Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renassiance eras.

Specifically it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction)
and exludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,) non-Ptolemaic aspects, as well as any asteroids.

The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretetation and more on prediction.

Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.

Sorry if I was off the subject,I was replying to one of comment

JUPITERASC

Sorry if I was off the subject,I was replying to one of comment
You were not off-topic/off the subject but you simply discussed an outer planet and - as clearly stated by the rules of the forum - Traditional astrology excludes the newly discovered outer planets. For Traditional astrology the outer planets are Jupiter and Saturn.

So I highlighted the traditional forum rules specifically for the benefit of any newcomers reading your comments because frequently newcomers are unaware of the distinctions between traditional and modern delineation. Since modern astrology is entirely based on traditional and ancient astrology, my intention as well is to encourage you to continue the discussion concerning specifically the modern outer planets in relation to dodekatemorion and profection on one of our sub-forums that is other than the Traditional forum because it is certainly of interest
:smile:

Cap

In a way, yes: that's what is actually done in Vedic astrology, where they have (since most ancient times) used divisional charts (which they call "vargas") as part and parcel of the full delineation of the natal chart (all Vedic historical authorities have stated that the delineation of the natal chart is incomplete until all the varga charts stemming from it have also been delineated) However VEDIC divisional charts (varga charts) are computed (calculated) differently than the way HARMONIC charts are calculated-in Vedic each varga chart has special (or modifications of special) rules for making the calculations for that specific varga chart.
Nonetheless, I have experimented USING HARMONIC CHARTS for the various Vedic vargas, with interesting (encouraging) results.

Here are some of the significations (areas, departments of life) of the Vedic vargas: (D means "divisional chart"; the original natal chart is referred to as the "D1)
-D2: money, cash flow (2nd harmonic could be used; notice the connection here with the 2nd house)
-D3: brothers, associates, etc; also the nature of the person (3rd harmonic could be used)
-D4: wealth, home, property (notice the connection with the 4th house; the 4th harmonic could be used)
-D6: health (notice the connection with the 6th house; the 6th harmonic could be used)
-D7: children, progeny (the 7th harmonic could be used)
-D9: most important of the divisional charts (other than the natal-D1) in Vedic astrology: dharma (purpose of life), also love, romance, friends, marriage (the 9th harmonic could be used)
-D10: profession, career, business, etc (notice the connection with the 10th house; the 10th harmonic could be used)
-D12: parents; also those in authority over the native (at any and all levels); also, past life (regarding the "past life" indication, notice the connection with the 12th house; the 12th harmonic could be used)
...higher divisional charts (beyond the 12 houses) are also used in Vedic delineation:
-D16: comforts, pleasures; vehicles/transportation, etc (the 16th harmonic could be used)
-D17: travels (especially long distance, like 9th house) also education (again like the 9th house; the 17th harmonic could be used)
-D20: spiritual matters (the 20th harmonic could be used)
-D27: innate strengths and weaknesses (the 27th harmonic could be used)
-D30: potential evils one could be susceptible to (the 30th harmonic could be used)
-D40: "luck", good and bad events/streaks, etc (the 40th harmonic could be used)
-D60: the "karma varga", the "plan of" (or karmic outline underlying) the current life (the 60th harmonic could be used)

So, in answer to Cap's question, I'd say yes definitely the harmonic charts can be applied for additional, deeper and specific investigation into the various departments and areas of a life, deriving from the original natal chart...

Thank you dr Farr!
Your input is invaluable as always!

Question: When you delineate new position of the planet through Pauline dodekatemorion or any other harmonic do you keep original house cusps placement or move the ascendant also thus having new positions of the house cusps?

dr. farr

Question: When you delineate new position of the planet through Pauline dodekatemorion or any other harmonic do you keep original house cusps placement or move the ascendant also thus having new positions of the house cusps?

If you are making a harmonic chart (such as a PD "ramification" chart using the 13th harmonic) NO, you use the ascendant and house cusps as modified by that harmonic (IE, by the harmonic chart you are using)...

However, IF in delineating the radix (original, D1) chart you WISH TO EVALUATE THE DODEK POSITIONS OF EACH PLANET RELATIVE TO THAT CHART, RELATING THAT DODEK POSITION TO THE ORIGINAL POSITIONS OTHER PLANETS, LOTS, SIGNS, ETC OF THAT ORIGINAL CHART, then YES, you keep the original ascendant and house cusps of that original chart.