Can planets in Fall or Detriment be peregrine?

Hello Wisher, welcome to the traditional astrology forum. :smile:

It is a planet with no essential dignity where it is posited in the chart--not domicile, exaltation, term/bound, decan or face.

As this is the traditional forum we don't deal much in the concept of karmic debt. So no, that is not what it is.

It is a debility, but it can and often is turned around to be used as a strength too. Perigrine planets are in territory completely alien to them. Lacking essential dignity is basically lacking any resources handed to them. They have to work for everything they get. They are wiley, cunning, shrewd, and usually will find a way to use their environment the best they can, depending on the nature of the planet in question, it's condition, and the condition of its ruler--also what if any aspects it receives. As in, is there another planet or planets helping or impeding it, and if so which and how.

Just because the Sun is unaspected does not make it peregrine. An unaspected Sun in Leo is in domicile, and in Aries is exalted. The Sun in any of its other dignities would not be peregrine either.

Mars in the first 7* of Cancer is in fall but not peregrine. So debilitated but with resources at his disposal.

Well, define "function." Because the function is just like the function of every other planet in the chart. Peregrine is an adjective that gives connotative meaning in chart delineation. And, just like other traditional terms, there is a specific meaning attached to this particular adjective that needs to be read in conjunction with the rest of the chart.

If you'd like to see a chart with a true peregrine Sun that is also completely unaspected...

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66443

Hi thanks for the long comprehensive reply and warm welcome tsmall.

Actually, I really think my sun is peregrine. It is Unaspected in Leo yes, but it is also in the 12th house. I grew up in an environment very different from the normal, and inside I have always felt that here is this something in me that is very different from people around me. Sun in Leo 18 degrees.

Maybe it's how we define peregrine? Because I've read posts about how the Unaspected sun is peregrine, and so is the sun in the 12th house, and I have both. Also, I've read in an online astrology book that Unaspected planets in the 12th house make the person so stressed that vulnerability becomes his/her main theme. Well I ring true with that, especially in earlier years. Basically I guess peregrine means alien, and disconnected.

I'm just sort of unhappy, thinking why must there be such a horrible placement for a chart, and what is the purpose of having such a peregrine chart. If not karma, why so much pain and suffering? By the way yes my dad passed on when I was 6, and my mum and dad had a weird and distant relationship before his death, if this helps with understanding.

tsmall

Premium Member
Hi thanks for the long comprehensive reply and warm welcome tsmall.

You are very welcome.

Actually, I really think my sun is peregrine. It is Unaspected in Leo yes, but it is also in the 12th house. I grew up in an environment very different from the normal, and inside I have always felt that here is this something in me that is very different from people around me. Sun in Leo 18 degrees.

Maybe it's how we define peregrine?

Again to point out that this is the traditional forum, and how we define peregrine is exactly how I have done so for you. Lacking in essential dignity. Sun in Leo is not peregrine. It's in domicile, how can it be peregrine?

Because I've read posts about how the Unaspected sun is peregrine, and so is the sun in the 12th house, and I have both. Also, I've read in an online astrology book that Unaspected planets in the 12th house make the person so stressed that vulnerability becomes his/her main theme. Well I ring true with that, especially in earlier years. Basically I guess peregrine means alien, and disconnected.

Did you read the thread about feral planets I linked for you? That chart belongs to my middle daughter. She has a true peregrine Sun in Cancer, in the 12th house and sign (it is important to count signs as well as houses) with Leo rising. The definitions for peregrine you are reading are a confabulation made popular by modern astrologers (most notably Noel Tyl) that is completely divorced from the traditional definition of peregrine. In the tradition

Peregrine = lacking in essential (note, not accidental) dignity.

Unaspected also undergoes a different definition, because aspects are able to be made by sign, not just orb, and before we declare a planet as being completely unaspected we have to check to see that all the other planets are in signs that are averse to the sign in which the planet is posited. Again I refer you to the chart in the feral (the traditional definition of an unaspected planet is feral, or wild) planet thread. Notice that if you make Sun in Cancer the 1st, all the other planets, as well as the ASC and Lot of Fortune are in signs that traditionally cannot "see/regard" the Sun? That is, all are in places that do not make a Ptolemaic aspect (conjunction, sextile, trine, square or opposition) to the Sun?

I'm just sort of unhappy, thinking why must there be such a horrible placement for a chart, and what is the purpose of having such a peregrine chart. If not karma, why so much pain and suffering? By the way yes my dad passed on when I was 6, and my mum and dad had a weird and distant relationship before his death, if this helps with understanding.

First, is your ASC in Virgo, or Leo? This makes a difference. You could have a Sun that is in the 12th house but also in the ascending sign (I do, with Sun in Libra above the horizon, ASC in Libra). That changes things a bit.

I would postulate that there is something else in your chart that you are overlooking in pinning your misery on a 12th house Sun. Unaspected Suns are not seeking to connect with anyone...believe me, living with and raising a child with this placement has taught me a thing or two about what not seeking to connect means. And in her chart? Her biggest problem isn't her Sun, it's her retro Mars opposed Saturn.

I honestly encourage you to post your chart in the RMC section and invite members to help you with it, because sincerely, there will be other clues there. Having a 12th house Sun, aspected or not, wouldn't on its own bring what you are describing.

AquarianEssence

Welcome, Wisher.

Tsmall, I've read here more than once, the description of peregrine being people that are,
wiley, cunning, shrewd
. I must disagree. Of course, this would be a description of Saturn when he is more negative, in hard aspect, since he's been known to be shrewd. But, I've never experienced this myself. Relating this to my 11° Virgo Sun, I never lack being noticed but it is more due to my naivety or being placed in a compromising situation or doing something innocent that is unusual, thus peregrine. Example: owning an organic greenhouse, with the help of my children, whom I home school brought front page notice on Mother's day one year, and a magazine too. This was followed by this land being considered for a county landfill, compromising to say the least. A foreign and out of place activity, homeschooling when it was barely heard of, although very common a long time ago, as well as land fill waste being foreign to organic farming. Another example: an honest metal worker being instructed to cover defects on medical parts, the honest quality being foreign in that sort of environment. Women are nearly unheard of in this field too. A 3rd example: I am asked a question here and I innocently answer it to the best of my ability but that is too much, apparently. I end up being beat up repeatedly because I answered completely, like a gypsy or witch that is burned at the stake. :tongue: I'm sure that has literlly happened to me at some time in the distant past too. The end result of my peregrine Sun is that I often feel like I don't belong. I'm only here now because I think this needed to be said.

Kindest Regards

tsmall

Premium Member
Tsmall, I've read here more than once, the description of peregrine being people that are, . I must disagree. Of course, this would be a description of Saturn when he is more negative, in hard aspect, since he's been known to be shrewd. But, I've never experienced this myself.

Welcome back, AE. I'm glad you decided to rejoin the conversation. :smile:

Before we can judge what "wily, shrewd, cunning" mean, we need to define those words. Remember our earlier discussion on the origins of the word itself, peregrine? It's like that. Those terms need not have a negative connotation applied to them. What are some English synonyms for cunning? Acute, deep, keen, knowing, sharp, smart (street smart) artful, astute, canny, crafty, guileful, sly, subtle, tricky, wary....

How do we know whether the peregrine planet will manifest the negative or positive connotations of those words? By examining the nature of the planet, the nature of the sign in which it is posited, its phase, condition, the condition of its ruler, and the aspects it makes or that are made to it. You may say the words I chose (as did Lilly, and Saul, and many, many other astrologers) describe a negative Saturn in hard aspect, but they could just as easily describe Venus. Because peregrine planets will, of necessity, cloak themselves in the clothing they find where they are, and use their essential nature to get their needs met. It does not matter whether it is your personal experience of peregrine or not, because as astrologers we cannot base everything on what we have found in our own charts. What holds true for one person will be completely the opposite for another, and it is our duty as astrologers to understand why that is so.

Relating this to my 11° Virgo Sun

I know based on our previous conversation that you can understand...there is extant literature, largely disregarded because the renaissance astrologers chose to ignore it, that states unequivocally that the terms (notice that the lights have no traditional terms? Do you suppose this is on purpose, or because their terms were understood to be...) of the Sun are from Leo up to Capricorn, and for the Moon from Cancer up to Aquarius. Thusly, your Sun is not peregrine.

I never lack being noticed but it is more due to my naivety or being placed in a compromising situation or doing something innocent that is unusual, thus peregrine. Example: owning an organic greenhouse, with the help of my children, whom I home school brought front page notice on Mother's day one year, and a magazine too. This was followed by this land being considered for a county landfill, compromising to say the least. A foreign and out of place activity, homeschooling when it was barely heard of, although very common a long time ago, as well as land fill waste being foreign to organic farming.

Unusual does not equal peregrine. I live in a zoo. There are alligators on my second floor landing, and on very cold days you can find all manner of exotic animals snuggling for warmth in my family room. When was the last time you were reading a book on your living room sofa and had a kangaroo leap over you??

A 3rd example: I am asked a question here and I innocently answer it to the best of my ability but that is too much, apparently. I end up being beat up repeatedly because I answered completely, like a gypsy or witch that is burned at the stake. :tongue: I'm sure that has literlly happened to me at some time in the distant past too. The end result of my peregrine Sun is that I often feel like I don't belong. I'm only here now because I think this needed to be said.

Kindest Regards

No one "beat you up" because you answered a question. The rules of the traditional forum were pointed out to you, and you on your own chose to ignore them. Perhaps that makes you unusual (it doesn't, really. Quite a few people tend to ignore the concept of traditional astrology because they feel that they are beyond the rules, or that the rules don't apply to them...this too has nothing to do with peregrine and everything to do with entitlement.)

I'm pretty certain that you will read my reply and think that I am 'beating you up' when in sincerity I am not. I have nothing but the kindest regards for you as well.

Peregrine planets. I have three. Saturn, Jupiter and Moon. No one need tell me what it is like to be on the outside, looking in. Peregrine planets are "alien, and foreign, strangers in a strange land?"

I went to 15 different schools from preschool until I was a sophomore in high school. Three different schools in the 4th grade alone. From South Carolina to Colorado to California, then clear across the country again to New Hampshire. The concept of alien or being a stranger in a strange land is nothing new to me. The idea of being on the outside looking in? I got that when I was 7, in an image that I can't remember if it was a dream or reality, but of looking at my Girl Scout troop from outside a living room window, freezing cold and wondering what, exactly, it would feel like to just for once belong to the girls an moms that were happily planning the next event indoors.

Peregrine planets have to work for everything they get. They have to learn how to survive with nothing taken for granted, how to "cloak" themselves in the clothing of the alien surroundings in which they find themselves...and it is their nature, condition, aspects and rulers that allow us as astrologers to determine how exactly that will happen.

I have peregrine Jupiter adhering to my ASC. In masculine sign, degree, quadrant, above the horizon in a day chart (we call that hayz here on the traditional forum)...and along the way, he figured out how to cloak himself in the clothing of the natives. I still feel, every day, like a stranger in a strange land, but as time moved on and things happened, Jupiter got "street smart", cunning, wily, wise. And it is Jupiter that has always and will always save me in the end.

AquarianEssence

I attended at least as many schools growing up. But I can't say that I was born with street smarts, which should be true if one is born peregrine and that is what the nature of a peregrine body is. I've experienced much the same through Jupiter but mine isn't peregrine. It's in Cancer in the 12th, rules my 5th and 8th.

I know based on our previous conversation that you can understand...there is extant literature, largely disregarded because the renaissance astrologers chose to ignore it, that states unequivocally that the terms (notice that the lights have no traditional terms? Do you suppose this is on purpose, or because their terms were understood to be...) of the Sun are from Leo up to Capricorn, and for the Moon from Cancer up to Aquarius. Thusly, your Sun is not peregrine.

I don't know that. Would you care to give me references to where this "rule" was laid as a foundation? I'm not aware of it. I have to say that if monomoiria and duadanaria is considered a salvation from peregrination, then if Sun had terms from Leo through Capricorn, and as the vedic tradition says, all the first 15 degrees of the odd signs and last 15 of the even signs, then we might as well say that Sun is never peregrine, pretty much. Do you think that all these ideas should be enforced as rules? If so, why did most of them get dropped? It seems to me that anything that is valid would stand the test of time and not fall by the wayside. I also have to wonder if the ancients made a distinction between familiarity and actual dignity and strength. I am familiar with the Asian culture through my daughter in law but I would have no dignity there at all and would never fit. That said, I would like to look at how each of these methods, including the one you mentioned, was used, when and by whom, for how long, so I can decide if it is valid enough to add to the essential dignities. But, I don't think the one you're suggesting would work layered on top of the others. This would mean that Sun has essential dignity in the sign where it falls. For us Northern hemisphere dwellers, it is obvious Sun is loosing power during all of the months after Leo until Aries comes around again. I don't think we can divorce nature from our astrology.

But, lets look at one sign, Virgo. Sun rules 1st 10 degrees through face, 27.5-30° through duads, last 15 degrees through Vedic terms, being an even numbered sign, all 30 degrees through your suggestion, so, Sun is never peregrine in Virgo.

Did you know that there is a Jewish law more ancient that Hellenistic astrology that states that the fields must not be harveted completely because some is to be left for the pilgrims, travelers? It seems the universe might plan provisions for us foreigners. :innocent: The Indian diplomat that was just sent home without facing her indictment has a peregrine Sun too, 3Gemini. Actually, I often think of peregrine bodies similar to foreign diplomats.

tsmall

Premium Member
I attended at least as many schools growing up. But I can't say that I was born with street smarts, which should be true if one is born peregrine and that is what the nature of a peregrine body is. I've experienced much the same through Jupiter but mine isn't peregrine. It's in Cancer in the 12th, rules my 5th and 8th.

I attribute the constant motion to Mars, cadent in the 3rd house but in the 4th stake, exalted, as the reason I moved so much. Whomever said that cadent planets don't bring change needs to have his head examined. Jupiter in my chart wasn't born with street smarts. Think Oliver Twist. You need to learn this stuf, either from experince, or from someone mentoring you with exprience.

I don't know that. Would you care to give me references to where this "rule" was laid as a foundation? I'm not aware of it.

You know what (and this will likely come as a surprise to those who think that traditional astrology must be "rules" oriented)? I hate rules. Loathe, dispise and cannot abide by them. What are "rules", especially as pertains to traditonal astrology? They can be two things...general observations by a well versed astrologer postulating his own experiences (as Bonatti does in his 146 considerations) or they can be "this is what was handed down to me by others but I never made a bit of sense of it."

Case 1 is completely experential, and it really, seriously does not matter (actually, I would postulate that it mattered more back then, when a wrong prediction could possibly cost you your head if you were the court astrologer) what the experiences of one sole astrologer may be in context with the general body of the astrologers of the times. Case 2 reminds me of an out of print book, "Alas, Babylon" in which it was remembered that salt is totally necessary to support life.

When we have no need of something because it is plentiful, we tend to disregard the need. When it becomes scarce...well, then we might begin to look at what those old fools who survived in worse conditions than we find ourselves were doing.

To answer your question, I had like five minutes to find one extant reference in the books that I actually own. So it would take an expert in Dorothean or other astrology to back me up, but I do remember reading about it somewhere before I invested in Introductions to Traditional Astrology...

Classifications of the sins: al-Qabisi

And the half of the circle which is from the beginning of Leo up to the end of Capricorn is called the "greatest half," and it is the Sun's half; because the Sun has sovereignty in this whole half just like the planets do in thier own bounds[/B]. And the other half, which is from the beginning of Aquarius up to the end of Cancer, is called the "least half": because the Moon likewise has sovereignty in this whole half, just like the Sun does in the greatest one.

Last edited:

AquarianEssence

Thank you, Tsmall, for taking the time to look that up for me. This led me to find a full portion remnant left in the field, "The Book of Reasons". What a blessing to start my day with. http://en.bookfi.org/book/1302930 Page 58 of 413:

Enoch said: because we know that these houses are the houses of the luminaries, they assigned the remaining ten houses to the planets.
(2) Accordingly, each planet was assigned a house in the domain of the
Sun and a house in the domain of the Moon, although one forward
and the other backward. (3) Therefore the astrologers said that from
the beginning of Leo to the end of Capricorn is the domain of the
Sun, and this is the larger domain. (4) The Sun has power in its
domain like the power of the planets in their terms; the same applies
to the Moon in its smaller domain, which is from the beginning of
Aquarius to the end of Cancer.[1]
This is, by far, the most valuable text I've found, next to the mul.apin, which I am still trying to absorb. I am now ready to consider this as an essential dignity because I understand that each planet was assigned a sign (house) based on the domain of the lights. But I wouldn't call it the terms and that designation is the biggest reason it seemed contradictory to me. We can't have two type of terms at the same time. Domain would be the word used by Ezra. So there would be domain, domicile, triplicity, exaltation, term, face, monomoiria and duadanaria, as well as the masculine and feminine halves of the signs, to consider. Now to test this with some real charts. Beginning with the Confederate chart, provided in the Lehman link shared by Poyi (Thank you), Sun is at `5Aq, domicile and triplicity of Saturn, the domain of Moon, monomoiria of Venus, duodenary, term and face of Mercury (perhaps why they thought they had a chance of winning). Mercury would rule the triplicity by night but in the light of day, Saturn is stronger, all around. I won't apply the Vedic hora because this isn't a sidereal chart. If I did apply this to the zodiac, it would belong to Moon, being the last half of an odd numbered sign. No matter how you look at it, this Confederate Sun is peregrine.

Thanks again for your reply because it led to understanding of where this came from and why. As I've had time, I've also been looking further into the origin of the word, tracing it back through proto-Indo-European , where 'p' was 'b' and traced it back to it's origin, Sumerian cuneiform bar, meaning foreign, alien, outsider. Even back then, a-gar meant track of agricultural land, a field. But, it is very enlightening to follow the evolution of the word bar. In Aramaic it means son, house, offspring or descendants. In Hebrew, though, it means grain, pure, in possession of. The 12 tribes took possession of a lot of land, early on and the year of Jubilee was never awarded to outsiders, thus the wars continue to this day. There is no babel, once one knows how to understand it. By the way, I own Alas Babylon too. All my sons read it as they got old enough to be interested.

ETA: I just realized, silly me, that domain and domicile are really the same thing. Perhaps a better word would be kingdom or estate, rather than domain, the latter word being reserved for the planet that rules the sign.

Last edited:

Knight

Why don't make it simpler ?

let's take an example: Moon.
My understanding is that:
Moon is exalted in Taurus and in domicile in Cancer: Essential dignities.
and is in fall in Scorpio and detriment in Capricorn: Essential debilities.
In all the other signs, Moon is simple Peregrine: pis,ari,gem,leo,vir,lib,sag,aqu
why to mix the detriment with peregrine ?
I believe Peregrine term is more related with the journey of a planet in a sign where it does not have any special affinities or any special dislikes. It simply does not mean something special...

tsmall

Premium Member
Why don't make it simpler ?

let's take an example: Moon.
My understanding is that:
Moon is exalted in Taurus and in domicile in Cancer: Essential dignities.
and is in fall in Scorpio and detriment in Capricorn: Essential debilities.
In all the other signs, Moon is simple Peregrine: pis,ari,gem,leo,vir,lib,sag,aqu
why to mix the detriment with peregrine ?
I believe Peregrine term is more related with the journey of a planet in a sign where it does not have any special affinities or any special dislikes. It simply does not mean something special...

I understand how you feel; I felt the same way. Do you have any literature or other astrological references to back up your opinion? Did you read the thread?

Because I found, once I actually studied the ideas behind dignity, debility, and peregrination, it is entirely possible for a planet to be both debilitated and peregrine at the same time. And each of these will have delineative meaning in the chart. My suggestion would be to go back and try to understand why reception is so important, how it could possibly be that a planet could be debilitated (in a place where he has overt enimies) and how that can stack along with the concept of being peregrine...in a place where you have no allies. Hmmm.

I believe that, if you don't want to take my reference to Jesus into consideration, John Howard Griffin once wrote a book that could also explain the idea of peregrine with debility. It was called Black Like Me...

sworm09

I understand how you feel; I felt the same way. Do you have any literature or other astrological references to back up your opinion? Did you read the thread?

Because I found, once I actually studied the ideas behind dignity, debility, and peregrination, it is entirely possible for a planet to be both debilitated and peregrine at the same time. And each of these will have delineative meaning in the chart. My suggestion would be to go back and try to understand why reception is so important, how it could possibly be that a planet could be debilitated (in a place where he has overt enimies) and how that can stack along with the concept of being peregrine...in a place where you have no allies. Hmmm.

I believe that, if you don't want to take my reference to Jesus into consideration, John Howard Griffin once wrote a book that could also explain the idea of peregrine with debility. It was called Black Like Me...

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I agree with the above posters; a planet can be peregrine and debilitated at the same time.

Peregrine planets (from what I've studied) are in a "foreign land" where they don't know anyone and can't do anything without help. The way I think about peregrination (in a modern context) is like our modern day homeless wanderer, roaming from city to city. They don't have any place to stay and have to rely on others for help through hitchhiking, rooming with other people etc.

A peregrine planet in detriment is like being homeless, but not because you're a wanderer, but because you've been kicked out of you own house. You're wandering around and upset because you once had something and now you have nothing. Where a peregrine planet has the luxury (?) of perhaps meeting a stranger (domicile ruler) to help it out, a peregrine planet in detriment has the misfortune to be wandering around in a place where the people aren't going to help them. It adds much more vulnerability to the mix.

And finally a peregrine planet in fall is probably the worst. Being in fall is like being a slave, so peregrine planets in fall are in outright agony because they're far from home and subjected to a lowly existence.

At least that's how I look at them :)

JUPITERASC

And finally a peregrine planet in fall is probably the worst.

Being in fall is like being a slave,
so peregrine planets in fall are in outright agony
because they're far from home
and subjected to a lowly existence.

At least that's how I look at them
:)
According to William Lilly, Detriment is worse than Fall

'......As in taking the Fortitudes of the Planets,
great care ought to be had,
so their Debilities must be observed with no less care and prudence;
wherein I advise you to beware of the Effects or Influence of a Planet when he is in Detriment :smile:
rather than when he is in
Fall .

For a Planet in his Detriment is like a person cast out of all his Estate without hopes of Recovery,
whereas the Fall shows but a present subjection unto a misfortune with hopes of Recovery.....'

(William Lilly, 'Choice Astrological Aphorisms' Merlini Anglici Ephemeris, 1676)

Hathor

Re: Can planets in Fall or Detriment be perigrine?

After 40 years of astrology shows just how dumb I am. I always thought Peregrine was a falcon, ( smallish hawk like bird). Often see them hunting in the valley here.

Perigee refers to the point at which the moon (essentially and originally, but I suppose can be applied to other planets) is closest to the earth. Apogee can be defined as the point at which the moon, and such, is farthest from the earth.

One learns something new each day. Never too old to learn ....... :)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

After 40 years of astrology shows just how dumb I am. I always thought Peregrine was a falcon,
( smallish hawk like bird).
Often see them hunting in the valley here.....

Both the English and scientific names of this species mean "wandering falcon" :smile:
referring to the migratory habits of many northern populations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_Falcon

9k=

A FEW DEFINITIONS OF THE WORD PEREGRINE

'…...adjective
archaic
coming from another country
foreign or outlandish.
e.g. "peregrine species of grass"

adj.
1. Foreign; alien.
2. Roving or wandering; migratory.

noun
A peregrine falcon.

Middle English
from Old French
from Medieval Latin peregrīnus, wandering, pilgrim
from Latin, foreigner,
from pereger, being abroad :
per-, through
per- + ager, land
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved......;

'…....adj
1. coming from abroad
2. travelling or migratory
wandering
from Latin peregrīnus foreign
from pereger being abroad
from per through + ager land (that is, beyond one's own land) :smile:
Collins English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

adj.
1. wandering, traveling, or migrating.
2. foreign; alien; coming from abroad.

noun
3. peregrine falcon.
1350–1400; Middle English < Latin peregrīnus foreign
derivative of peregrē abroad =per- per- + -egr-, comb. form of ager field + -ē adv. suffix
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 Random House, Inc. All rights reserved......'

'…...Adj.

1. peregrine - migratory;
"a restless mobile society"
"the nomadic habits of the Bedouins"
"believed the profession of a peregrine typist would have a happy future"
"wandering tribes"
mobile, nomadic, roving, wandering
unsettled
- not settled or established
"an unsettled lifestyle"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.....'

tsmall

Premium Member

After 40 years of astrology shows just how dumb I am. I always thought Peregrine was a falcon, ( smallish hawk like bird). Often see them hunting in the valley here.

Perigee refers to the point at which the moon (essentially and originally, but I suppose can be applied to other planets) is closest to the earth. Apogee can be defined as the point at which the moon, and such, is farthest from the earth.

This will be my last post to this thread. I felt obligated to continue to respond because I created it, and because it really is important in the tradtion.

Hathor, it pleases me to think that you are still learning something, though your post still leaves something lacking in that understanding.

Here's the thing, folks. Where I work, we can make reports on statistics of all sorts of things. We can analyze a thing to death, but in the end if it has no practical value then it is worthless. If you choose not to understand, nor use the idea of peregrination in your delineative methods, then that is fine. I can produce a report about selling cost that most managers will not understand. For them, that report has no value. However, for those that do understand, the concepts of peregrination stacking with debility does have delineative value. If you are not one of those...fine. If you are one of those who can "get it" more power to you.

Addressing his pupil, Satyacharya said, "The science of Astrology is a great secret. It should be guarded with care. This sacred science of Astrology should never be taught to bad people. Nor should it be revealed to too many people and very frequently. It should be taught only to a few chosen disciples who really deserve and have the necessary qualifications."