SN conjunct a malefic good/bad ?

Chrysalis

In a horary chart, if mars is conjunct SN on the asc, mars being L3 (a visit), as the dragons tail has the quality of decrease will mars being conjunct the SN make the malefic nature of mars be lessened ?

I'm thinking yes it will, but wanted clarification.

tikana

here is the thing

yes mars is malefic by nature and conj south node isn't making me happy 1 bit
but
dispositor of mars is well placed
and it is adored by mars

if anything it is bad beginning but end is better

also take a look where mars is placed

mars will square weak venus
mars is applying to venus but they will square during venus retro
venus here is more malefic than mars
because it is angry!
so you might ask what happens
mars wants venus
venus doesn't care about mars
venus might walk out since it enters libra
it will be interesting to see relationship charts with venus/mars play

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Dispositor of mars is myself/asc, mars is conjunct asc in 1st house, i was hoping mars being conjunct also SN would make this expected visit not as bad as expected.

Its a L8 issue :pinched:

IleneK

Premium Member
In a horary chart, if mars is conjunct SN on the asc, mars being L3 (a visit), as the dragons tail has the quality of decrease will mars being conjunct the SN make the malefic nature of mars be lessened ?

I'm thinking yes it will, but wanted clarification.

In horary, NN is favorable; SN is unfavorable.
SN always represents some diminution or alteration that damages the significations of the houses/signs/planets. This is why SN is taken as a malefic. It does not diminish the malefic quality of Mars.

tikana

yeah that mars conj south node with ill placed sun trining - ugly for anyone who is asking about a relationship

its like yes you will you both are misfit

Chrysalis

In horary, NN is favorable; SN is unfavorable.
SN always represents some diminution or alteration that damages the significations of the houses/signs/planets. This is why SN is taken as a malefic. It does not diminish the malefic quality of Mars.

This time it did.

The SN damaged the malefic nature of mars, and made mars less malefic.

The chart was cast for a L8 issue, and the claim has now been disregarded, with no fuss whatsoever been made from their side.