The World Cup Chart.....

RockFish

1. Don't trust every thing said by media, Specially that there are many unreal things are said about any famous person, This is a global natural tendency.

That's true, but Maradona did promise on the radio that he will run naked around the obelisk in Buenos Aires if he gets the Cup.

And I would LOVE this. I want Argentina to win just so that Maradona does this crazy thing. :lol:

3. Maradona will not do such thing ever.

Perhaps not, possibly he was just kidding. But he did say that. :joyful:

T-2000

Banned
On the other hand, Argentina has Lionel Messi, a very young player considered the best of the world today.

Perhaps this weight on Mercury has to do with Lionel and he will be the big name of the World Cup. Lionel is like Argentina's heart.

Good point... But the performance of the germans against England today(4:1) makes me think too much before I say that Argentina will win the next match 100%...

But I also think that Maradona Knows the german team very very well and their techniques. while he was a player in worldcup 1986 and 1990.

We will see.

I'd say a team associated with youth will be the champ. Could be the youngest team or the team with the most prominent youngster.

It could be Ghana or Germany???

Or the youngest coach and again... Diego Armando Maradona

Also a team with strong mercurial traits would be a team of communicators a team with a thing for words and communication, that could be Maradona's place here. Maradona is a real superstar, he rules the media with his antics. Also, MH in Leo is something I'd associate with a character like Maradona, all proud and stuff... And he belongs in the history of football, he is definitely football royalty. :lol:

Great......

It's screaming Argentina all over the place. I'm glad about it, the hermanos definitely need this happiness. :smile:

What do you mean by hermanos?

If they don't take it, they will be remembered as the most deserving team, and the real champion will be resented.

May be then... Maradona will make any dramatic scene which will be unforgetable.

I'm from Brazil but I'm not feeling it in the air for us. In 2002, I felt Brazil would win since the beginning of the Cup, when few believed the team. It's something in the air that I can feel, and I'm not feeling it this time. :unsure:

May be I will attend the next worldcup in your beautiful country.

T-2000

Banned
That's true, but Maradona did promise on the radio that he will run naked around the obelisk in Buenos Aires if he gets the Cup.

And I would LOVE this. I want Argentina to win just so that Maradona does this crazy thing. :lol:

Perhaps not, possibly he was just kidding. But he did say that. :joyful:

For sure .... He knows very very well how to attract attention.

But I bet you....

He will not.

RockFish

It could be Ghana or Germany???

I'm very doubtful that Ghana will be champion, but perhaps they will surprise us by getting close. Germany is a very strong team, very competent, they have strong chances. But after taking a look at Argetina's chart, I think Argentina will take it. Of course I can be wrong though, perhaps it's going to be Brazil. (One can dream) :innocent::joyful:

Seriously, I doubt the champion will be one of the older ones: Brazil, Portugal, Holland, I doubt it.

It is the World Cup of the young.

Or the youngest coach and again... Diego Armando Maradona

Yeah, that could be it too. :)

What do you mean by hermanos?

Hermanos = brothers in spanish, it's an affectionate word I use to refer to the people from Argentina.

May be I will attend the next worldcup in your beautiful country.

You will be very welcomed, brazilians love visitors, and it will be the greatest party ever. I can't wait! :smile:

T-2000

Banned
T-2000, Maradona doesn't strike me as someone who will back down on a promise... :wink:

http://www.theage.com.au/world-cup-...gh-streets-of-buenos-aires-20100527-wexw.html

Quote from the article.
Maradona's response came after a reporter asked him in the interview what he would do if his team returned to Argentina with their third World Cup title.

1. The title is made interesting " Maradona PROMISED "
2. What is the most interesting spontaneous thing to tell a reporter when he asks such a question to a man like this.....?
" I will kiss the cup? "
" I will marry again? "
" I will dadicate it to someone?"

Maradona is not insane...

I am with you he is not a man to break a promise down...
but I am not with you that he did Promised...
He just told a reporter.

So that me and you and millions talk about him.

This is my point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27mgGlHPPV0

T-2000

Banned

RockFish... I don't know... But I have certain suspecious against media/famous ppl.

Look at your picture...

Why is the resolution in the right hand side is so so poor to the extent that nothing appears behind Maradona ... While the other player in the left side the net is pretty clear. (It is the same Camera)

I may be right and I may be wrong.

Look also at the point of interaction.

2008-03-21beso4.jpg

07.Re

I am with you he is not a man to break a promise down...
but I am not with you that he did Promised...
He just told a reporter.

Fair enough. He never used the word "promise" but we don't know the tone that was used when he said he'd run through the streets naked. It could well have been in a joking tone, but he could also have been very serious. I guess time will tell all.... :smile:

RockFish

RockFish... I don't know... But I have certain suspecious against media/famous ppl.

Look at your picture...

Why is the resolution in the right hand side is so so poor to the extent that nothing appears behind Maradona ... While the other player in the left side the net is pretty clear. (It is the same Camera)

I agree that one must be wary of the media, but there were thousands and thousands of people watching this game in the stadium, everyone saw this. In Argentina, men sometimes kiss each other on the cheeks, looks like these two were so excited with their goal that the cheeks wouldn't do.:joyful:

07.Re

Okay we're edging closer to the finals.......

2010 FIFA World Cup™: Quarter-finals

- Netherlands vs. Brazil
trans.gif

-
trans.gif
Uruguay vs. Ghana
- Argentina vs. Germany
trans.gif

-
trans.gif
Paraguay vs. Spain
trans.gif

T-2000

Banned
My predictions for the 16 round
1. Uruguay VS South Korea ( South Korea )
2. United States VS Ghana ( United States)
3. Germany VS England ( Germany )
4. Argentina VS Mexico ( Argentina )
5. Netherlands VS Slovakia ( Netherland )
6. Brazil VS VS Chile ( Brazil )
7. Paraguay VS Japan ( Japan )
8. Spain VS Portugal ( Spain )

1,2,7 (Wrong)
3,4,5,6,8 (Right)

62.5% :mad:

Notice that matches 1,2 have been played on 26/6 Lunar eclipse day.
And match 7 ended by Penalties.

Anyway.... I gave the two Asian teams trust more than they deserve.
But I admit... Ghana surprised me.

T-2000

Banned
Okay we're edging closer to the finals.......

2010 FIFA World Cup™: Quarter-finals

- Netherlands vs. Brazil
trans.gif

-
trans.gif
Uruguay vs. Ghana
- Argentina vs. Germany
trans.gif

-
trans.gif
Paraguay vs. Spain
trans.gif

Yes Maradona is getting closer to the cup....

My Predictions for this round:

- Netherlands vs. Brazil Brazil
- Uruguay vs. Ghana Uruguay
- Argentina vs. Germany Argentina
- Paraguay vs. Spain Spain

A hard test for the Octopus.....

very bizzare about the germany vs england match.. although i WANTED england to win (being british) i has a strong feeling it would be germany.

when my other halfs brother asked me my prediction i told him germany. of course he was outraged. i predicted 2-0 to germany. when we went to watch the football you can imagine my shock as germany were 2-0 up against england for most of the first half.

kinda freaked me out a bit. however england scored but it was not enough, germany won as predicted.

sometimes i get these hunches :biggrin:

T-2000

Banned
very bizzare about the germany vs england match.. although i WANTED england to win (being british) i has a strong feeling it would be germany.

when my other halfs brother asked me my prediction i told him germany. of course he was outraged. i predicted 2-0 to germany. when we went to watch the football you can imagine my shock as germany were 2-0 up against england for most of the first half.

kinda freaked me out a bit. however england scored but it was not enough, germany won as predicted.

sometimes i get these hunches :biggrin:

I am sorry for your team but really...

The English team was very weak this time.. Even in their group with Algeria,Usa, Slovenia...

Germany deserved this match.

RockFish

I agree with the predictions as well, although I'm not sure if Brazil will make it tomorrow against Netherlands.

I certainly hope they will, since it's my team, but I find Holland more structured than Brazil. God help us. :unsure:.....

Same goes to Argentina and Germany. Despite having more quality players, Argentina does not have the same organization as Germany does. But in this case I think Argentina will take it anyway, just because I believe astrology says so.:tongue: