Should I attend university in person or online?

kailaniatsea

Hello:

I am planning on pursuing my Master's degree next year. Actually, the school only accepts applications once a year with an April deadline. Over the weekend I came across information about a school that offers the program that I love and it gives me the opportunity to travel internationally. The school offers a strictly online program and an on site program. If I attended the school in person, I would have to relocate a few hundred miles away from where I currently live. This does not bother me, but my question is: Is it worth it to move or should I stay where I am and pursue the program online?

Your responses will greatly be appreciated. :happy:

Attachments

• Uni in Person.jpg
    Uni in Person.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

kailaniatsea

looking at 9th house.. i have to say... school is no good to begin with

Are you referring to the Venus (9th and 2nd house rulers)-Jupiter (4th and 7th house rulers) square to Saturn (5th and 6th house rulers)? POF is in 9th, so I'm confused.

I forgot to include my own interpretation when I first posted. I was hungry and took a dinner break. The ASC is Virgo, which is indicative of my wanting to work. The Pisces moon is angular and seems peregrine, which is troubling. This moon travels quick and is in a mutable sign so whatever peregrination is taking place is temporary; maybe the time is not right sort of thing. Venus (ruler of the 2nd and 9th houses) is conjunct Jupiter (ruler of 4th and 7th houses), but is squared by Saturn in Scorpio (5th and 6th house rulers). Ve and Jup sit in the 12th, which to me describes the unknown, secrets and/or deception. However, it is in the sign of Leo, which could mean unrevealed as of yet.

My 3rd house is afflicted (Saturn sits there), which could mean that my immediate surroundings are no better and are deteriorating (Scorpio). However, the 4th house is Sagittarius and Jupiter goes back to the 12th house. The 12th is also about the past. Although I never lived in this city, I have ancestral origins nearby there. Just so that people can better understand, the school is on the U.S.-Mexican border. There is a lot of interchange between the two cities/nations. I am also aware that Mexico is dangerous.

One seemingly bright spot was the Sun trining Saturn in 14.5 months. I don't know how bright it is when Saturn is not well received by the Sun (ruler of the 12th); it is at a detriment by becoming Saturn in Cancer.

Last edited:

kailaniatsea

4th house is where you live now
7th house is where you are relocating to

Ok. So the 4th house ruler sits in my 12, which is an unfortunate house. Currently, I feel sorrowful about where I live. I feel like there are cluds (12th house) hiding the sunshine (Leo Jupiter) keeping me from being able to fully express myself (Saturn in 3rd). However, both the new place and current home are ruled by Jupiter, so I will look at Neptune. It sits directly on the DSC line. I will studying for a creative degree (Pisces). Pisces tends to blur boundaries as well and I'll be on the Mexican border. So I think there'll be no distinction between the U.S. city and the Mexican one. Neptune, at least for me, can speak of spiritual connections related or unrelated to ancestry. I have a connection with that border region in Mexico even though I am American. My father's family origins are only a few hundred miles away. Neptune makes a close sextile to POF in Taurus in the 9th (foreign places). It's dispositor in Venus in Leo in the 12th. Venus (ruler of the 2nd and 9th house rulers) and Jupiter (4th and 7th house rulers) come together. Because Saturn sits on the 3rd and it's squared by the greater benefics, I'm inclined to think that I have nothing to gain from seeing where I'm at. Although you said
said that the school is no good, the message in this chart is about creativity and ancestry. Besides, what I would be paying for is connections and access to other countries. A school cannot teach you how to write, but to improve upon your existing talents.

Mars is fallen (rules 3rd and 8th house), but the application deadline is tax day and school does not begin until August 2016, so I'm only preparing. That's also why I'm not concerned about a late degree Mercury on the 10th (career). Sun and Saturn meet well in 14 mos. (school time). Mars meets well and shares a detriment to Saturn (two malefics) in 20 months via the 11th house, friends, associations and hopes and wishes. This is where things get complicated. Maybe the Mexican "family reunion" is not all that it's cracked up to be. Mars (rule the 3rd and 8th) and Saturn (rule the 5th and 6th) trine become a detriment to Saturn while Mars grows strong again. It seems like my new immediate environment improves by way of Mars, even if I don't completely relate to the Mexican community (Saturn now in Cancer detriment with reception). So transitioning to my new home could take getting used to...However, this detriment may also reflect how most of my father's side of the family is either dead or in the U.S.

If anyone cares to comment, please do so. Thanks!

Last edited: