Why do Aries personalities tend to be graceful losers despite stereotyped as jocks?

Darth MI

The Aries zodiac sign is so associated with bragging egotistic bully jocks. To the point many people-not just those who only know off sun sign astrology-but even those who read into natal charts and are aware of how the complex intricacies of natal charts (such as moon signs, aspects,etc) seem to have the image that Aries that Aries are the biggest sore losers of the zodiac who gives childish tantrums when they are proven wrong or beaten in childish contest that they immediately resort to violence against the one they lost to. In fact the stereotype about Aries is that they will hold grudges for years over a single defeat and work viciously to avenge that shame for the next contest be it something as silly as losing a beer drinking contest!

However in my personal experiences, most strongly Aries influenced people are anything but whiners and grudge holders. More often than not the Aries influenced people I know quickly admit not just their defeat but praise their opponent's superiority and not just at minor things but even getting beaten up in a fight or losing in sports and other things ruled under the dominion of Mars! In fact Aries personality from my experience are even eager to seek out people who can curbstomp them easily at skills they take pride in as they see it as a fun challenge and opportunity to improve themselves. They take competition even those fierce rivalries as friendly competition all in the name of self improvement.

In fact from personal experience its the strongly Leo influenced people who take up the stereotypical bully jock image of sore loser when they lose in a contest or challenge. In fact Leonine people from my experience even take it up to 11 and even hold grudges over losing at the most ridiculous things ever such as baking yuckier cupcake than your fellow friend at school! Leos are often seen as the one sign who values friendship the most along with Aquarius.

So I cannot understand why its Leonine personalities, not Aries personalities, who are willing to wage grudges over pointless stuff to the point they are willing to jeopardize long time friendships over useless stuff!

I only knew one strongly Aries influenced person who was a sore loser especially at his hobby track and field (but even everything to the point he hold grudges over pointless stuff like getting insulted because you believe American cars are inferior to foreign cars). And this Aries guy has some very strong Scorpio influenced (including a Scorpio moon) and possibly strong Cancerian and Leonine influenced (don't know for sure becuase birth time is not precise) so much of his egotistic and sore loser personality is coming from other influence (probably the Scorpio planets) rather than Aries.

So most Aries people while seemingly arrogant and childish as the movie and TV school jock, are actually humble and honest about their true abilities as opposed to your bully jock you see in movies and teenage dramas!

In fact its the Leo from my experience who have the sore loser and grudgeful personalities that high school TV and Hollywood jocks have!

Geraldo

Hello,

Aries is the most stereotyped sign! Usually the competition and displaying "Tough guy" appearance is more common in Scorpio suns!

Aries is about being yourself, your true self and they are all about self improvement. And holding a grudge is a fixed signs thing or a trait of Capricorn and Cancer!

Aries knows how to move on, they can forgive because the past is the past.
They are explorers not in the Sagittarius way, they want to know new things around them. A new thing of the same old thing.
And Most Aries love nature. And they are fighters in all kind of ways, they can fight for causes and their rights. But astrology books depict them as marital artists or something as if every Aries wants to be a soldier and fight in political wars!

Aries do think about survival, so maybe if they were in the middle of the jungle they will have that need to be physically strong! But civil Aries people are very different than that, they need inner strength!

~ Geraldo

Abby83

Well in my experience...

Anyone I have known with sun, moon, and north node in Aries have been the exact stereotype. Sore losers, who may sometimes cheat to win, throw hissy fits if they lose, go on about it, or remove themselves from the situation and find another place they will win, or be extremely upset and jealous to the point they will do anything to win next time. My husband is also an Aries and he don't like losing! Many of my friendships ended because the women were too competitive and couldn't stay friends with someone who won over them.

Bradders

There has been only one Aries out of the many Aries people I've known who probably felt sore after a argument, he was a friend I had online I knew for many years; he missed me alot and we were best friends.

We were arguing about this news thing that came out about some aspergers kid setting fire to alot of people's homes or buildings in Loughborough in England and I would say 'He should not go for prison for it, he was manipulated and coerced by his bully friends who he was with surfing the internet of anti government movements and conspiracy theories and what not', my Aries friend only replied he should go to prison even though he was aspergers and well, we both made fair points.

I didn't eventually want to argue but he eventually blocked me and I tried to see him later but he'd never add me back on skype, he'd only wanna talk to me on this art website we were on. He was very, very pissed off about me feeling he didn't trust me no more; eventually went off in a tantrum but the way he took it was like not so much a fixation but 'I'd jus prefer if we kept it superficial, not really talk on skype; then get mad about this decision'

All this over a little argument of which we had in probably many years of a great friendship, where despite scraps, we were great friends who had lots in common. He hates me like hell still now even though I told him many times I never WANTED to keep arguing. .w.

Same situation happened with a Aries Taurus cusp I knew, first time we actually got to know each other I delved into my past about my dislike of religion and if he wasn't wrong, he'd block me and when I'd tried to approach him again he was threatening the moderators on the art site to block me, all because I didn't agree with his religion. We got on alot better later to actually have a great friendship, but boy was he serious. I looked at his chart later to find he had alot more Aries influences, which probably played out.

Many Aries people I have found to be extremely intelligent though. I've not known one Aries and I've known many of them who weren't stupid, but then, the opposite can play out despite the same many placement of Aries influences.

One example is one extremely heavy Aries chart, he was Aries venus, aries saturn, aries moon, aries sun.

I loved this guy's energy, he was very assertive, he liked challenges and didn't mind losing, he actually admitted to it. Although I could see since he was 17th of April he may aswell been the same as that Taurus/Aries cusp I mentioned earlier. I actually ended up dating both lol.

I think more or less it's how they've grown into the planets as I've read the planets are something to grow into: I've heard heavy fire charts are actually very shy people; probably insecure and so on. I particularly, have a very heavy fire chart.

I also extremely hated losing, but only in my younger years. I am a Capricorn with a Leo rising.

All I can tell you, is that I believe it is drive. The Aries types who I knew and I've known alot of them had a massive driven personality. Alot of Aries people I've known are actually super soft, cuddly and innocent; mostly run around like the child-like sign they portray.

The ones who I spoke of the ones who were very sore about the arguments, were very driven, hard working people. The other Aries, could lose but didn't mind a scrap. They were still ambitious, as both have told me they wanted to work on video games.

All I can tell you is Aries people can seem suspiciously calm. Most will probably play out they're patient, calm and never actually lose their temper.

The bully part on the other hand ( apologies if I'm going on now lol ), yes, Aries like to provoke, like to fight, but mostly are just big kid sorts. I think alot of Aries people I knew WERE bullies at one point, but it is most likely going to play out in the personality because they're so choleric and masculine by nature. That does not mean a Aries can't feel pity. They can be intensely masculine but very sensitive people and if you tell them off, you would've never seen a boy cry so hard about it.

The best part is they're driven; they're child-like and innocent, but don't push 'em is all I'm telling you! A aries is with you but he always, ALWAYS wants his own way.

~ A person with many a life experience with Aries people, even having a Aries sister lol

Slenkar

When someone bests a Leo they will throw something across the room and yell.
(if not in public)

I had this Aries friend who I used to play tennis with over the summer school holidays. He used to always win.

One summer I beat him and that was the last summer we ever played tennis, he always made some excuse after that.

Blaze

Account Closed
Every sign is stereotyped. It comes from that Sun-sign astrology stuff that we try and stay away from.

Also, what is an Aries person? Is this someone with just their Sun in Aries? Or an Aries stellium?

I have a Leo-Sun friend who is also not the stereotypical "Leo" guy. He's got a Leo-sun, Aries-Moon, Gemini asc. I've always called him a pain in my ***, but the reason for this is probably due to our Mercury's squaring each other. I have the hyperactive OOB Gemini Mercury while he has the Anal retentive Virgo Mercury. :tongue:

Anyways, I've met some dumb Aries-Suns who acted like football jockstraps. And I've met some pretty cool nerdy ones. The entire chart has to be taken into account.

CapAquaPis

To be an Aries is a honorable sign of heroism, super-strength, sacrifice and valor. The sign represents masculinity despite 5 other "masculine" or positive energy signs (Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius) and are thought to be ideal leaders in political or business careers. Aries rules law enforcement, firefighting (not a coincidence they are a fire element sign) and military (the planet Mars rules Aries). And aspects of Mars or the sign Aries is thought to produce excellent sportsmanship and athletic abilities, but so can the planet Mercury and other fire signs Leo and Sagittarius.

To be the first (chronologically) sign doesn't mean they're the worst in personality, since Aries along with Taurus come after them and Scorpio sharing Mars co-rulership are seen as mean, rough, hostile, selfish and aggressive. Aries does have a fatalistic flaw if they're defeated in life and can harbor feelings of remorse or defeat like everyone else. :sad: And each and every Aries person has their own natal charts and personal lives not based on the (stereo) typical "macho-soldier-firefighter" Aries profile. But Aries men (and women) are stoic, "alpha" personality and GREAT lovers.

Bunraku

I've heard someone say that Mars doesn't respect anyone who can't overpower him.

Aries is also very quick to move on. It's almost like it's impossible for them to settle on one thing. :tongue: Its one of the few signs that you can argue with early in the morning and have a drink with at night.

Not very deep with emotions, like say a Cancer, but they are very passionate.

Also very unpredictable...

Check out these posts written by other members with their experiences w/ Aries here on AW:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73309
I posted earlier about Aries men being too randy, and what I mean by that is their sex drive is ridiculous. I've noticed a few Aries men who try to have sex with literally everyone. One expressed this energy in a balanced and respectful manner, and whose currently making a really big choice to be celebrate (it's been a year!). The other Aries was rude and obnoxious and about his intentions. He'd get a lot of girlfriends, so maybe he had good qualities, but I've only witnessed him saying disgusting things to women.
I had zero patience with Aries men or male fire sign sexual energy, but have come to terms with it, since I have an Aries sun and Aries venus. The few times I've been with fire mars sign men, I've had a lot of fun. I acknowledge that sexual energy is life force energy and if it's strong, it is good but like everything, needs to be balanced.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52796
my best friend has aries venus conjunct aries mars in the 3rd house. she's not a player at all but all her relationships were very short lived and surprise, surprise, a lot of them were with aries men!

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60220
a good thing to bear in mind with an aries male.. and this is just a general description without seeing any charts for reference; is that they love attention lots of pampering and babying and they have fiery tempers. They love to argue and that can turn them on too. Whereas, libras while liking center stage too try to keep things balanced and harmonious which might be difficult with an aries. cause they love to argue and to be babies(i.e. they love to be taken care of). most of them can get insanely jealous to.. and they love the hunt of the chase.... so always keep that alive within the relationship if you pursue it.

I wouldn't heed negative comments like your 30 and 'old' so settle for anything that blows your way either. Sheesh. I am in my 30s and have never felt more attractive and happy with who i am than right now.... and i get alot of attention still, even at my old age! I think you make better choices in partners after 30... for some with saturn influences on their 7th house serious relationships come by after the saturn return. i don't know if this is the case with your specific chart tho, obviously.

Try posting a synastry chart for the two of you, it might make things a bit more clear, even without time of birth for him if you have yours you can still see where the outer planets fall in your charts. ignore the signs and houses. good luck :smile:

Quoting books later. :)

Julian

Banned
Well in my experience...

Anyone I have known with sun, moon, and north node in Aries have been the exact stereotype. Sore losers, who may sometimes cheat to win, throw hissy fits if they lose, go on about it, or remove themselves from the situation and find another place they will win, or be extremely upset and jealous to the point they will do anything to win next time. My husband is also an Aries and he don't like losing! Many of my friendships ended because the women were too competitive and couldn't stay friends with someone who won over them.

I'm not a sore loser but I can assure you I'd do anything to win next time. I just CAN'T accept defeat.

Julian

Banned
I've heard someone say that Mars doesn't respect anyone who can't overpower him.

Aries is also very quick to move on. It's almost like it's impossible for them to settle on one thing. :tongue: Its one of the few signs that you can argue with early in the morning and have a drink with at night.

Not very deep with emotions, like say a Cancer, but they are very passionate.

Also very unpredictable...

Check out these posts written by other members with their experiences w/ Aries here on AW:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73309

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52796

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60220

Quoting books later. :)

I agree and I'm an :aries:. You just reminded me of my incredible enthusiasm and optimism. I just need to be moving, to do things, to lead everything! It just makes me so happy! :)

I love rivalries! I'd love to test myself! I want to have someone who's better than me and overpower him/her! I like to test myself (already said that)

Abby83

When someone bests a Leo they will throw something across the room and yell.
(if not in public)

I had this Aries friend who I used to play tennis with over the summer school holidays. He used to always win.

One summer I beat him and that was the last summer we ever played tennis, he always made some excuse after that.

Lol this is so true. Esp with Leo. Leo and Aries both.

Abby83

I agree and I'm an :aries:. You just reminded me of my incredible enthusiasm and optimism. I just need to be moving, to do things, to lead everything! It just makes me so happy! :)

I love rivalries! I'd love to test myself! I want to have someone who's better than me and overpower him/her! I like to test myself (already said that)

Only problem is you end up winning because the other is sick of the rivalry and throws in the towel and says 'there, you can take it, it's not worth the arguing.' So that's not really winning! :) The overpowering need is annoying cos in the end, you want to win so bad that you lose the person you are competing with. It's so sad. In my opinion. From experience. I've got a strong masculine mars and first house chart and although I cant stand competition (as I don't believe in it for reasons too long to explain), I always win in what I believe in, and my competition (the aries and leos) leave in disappointment of their failure. I don't even have to try hard and I win. I always win. Id like to stay friends, but they wont stay friends with someone who beat them lol... They always hold the grudge.

You know what, im really happy I came across this thread, cos now I know why my friendships didn't last - they were all competing with me and had no hope in winning.

multiple

Account Closed
I have had the misfortune to come across one who was ruthless in how they took people apart, was massively heavy handed and overly harsh, and felt zero remorse.

but then I have met ones that meet problems by shrugging it off and say IDGAF, YOLO etc. these are the ones I respect the most, because they don't take things personally, don't get bogged down, don't rise to it, they say "whatever" and move on.

a good aries is incredibly inspiring, even the "bad" ones have their good moments and sides of their personality. for better or worse they definitely leave their impression on you.
interestingly enough aries is the only sign I remember who consistently addresses me as "sir". even if they are doing it in a playful way, I get the feeling they sometimes respect me more than other signs. until they disagree with me that is :lol:

piercethevale

Truth is the Spring Equinox started in the 29th degree of Aquarius in 2008 or 2009 and except for the first two degrees what everyone considers to be Aries presently is in reality Pisces.
What you consider to be from 3* Taurus to 3* Gemini is presently in the Sign of Aries.

This is according to the 20th century clairvoyant Edgar Cayce and what researching members of the A.R.E. were able to determine from analyzing every reading He ever made any mention of astrology which allowed them to determine that we entered the "Age of Aquarius" in June of 1936 [but as I think about it right at this moment, It may have been July...I'll check the information I have and will let you all know if it was...but for this purpose of understanding, it's close enough.
I didn't want to admit that the Siderealists are right for years but I finally had to concede. Whether you want to accept this or not is up to each individual.

Oddly though, as it may seem, the Sabian Symbols haven't moved in Eons, that is if at all.
The likely answer is either their influence emanates from the Sun itself or a source far beyond even all the constellations that somehow is not involved in any sort of procession. If they are arranged along the very edge of space itself. The distance to that edge being so great that it may be millions of years to see the procession of a single degree.
You can get an idea from Pluto. As it is only at the edge what is presently considered to be our known Solar System and it takes Pluto almost 21 years to traverse one sign on an average just imagine a circular perimeter out there so far in distance that from that perimeter that the diameter of Pluto's orbit is as like looking through a microscope to the orbit of Electrons around the nucleus of an atom.

There are those that wish to argue and contend that there is no boundary to the universe that it keeps expanding and will expand until the end of time.
I beg to differ and that is because what is revealed in the study of Kabbalistic knowledge and the belief of necessary prerequisites for the Creation to take place, moreover toward that of the modernistic and mystically oriented Lurianic Kabbalah pertaining to the Tzimtzum and the Khalal Hapanui and the relatively modern sect of Judaism, that is also quite mystically oriented known as Chabad Hassidism and there concept of chalal panui.

All of these concepts have to do with the belief that God is everywhere but in order to Create a universe wherein all the conceived of worlds could, and would, appear and for there to be able to produce self aware souls of singular integrity and that have free will God had to withdraw to create a vacated space. {Picture a bubble of air in an infinitless ocean all around and that God is that 'Ocean'} So, it makes no sense that God would keep withdrawing further and further to allow an infinite expansion of the Universe and every religion I know of that I have found to be a source of truth to some degree far outweighing that of what I have found to be contradictorial has a belief that Creation has an expiration date.

The only explanation I can offer is a theory because Black Holes contract space they grow in size and number to equal and offset that space which seemingly is added by expansion and may possibly also be needed to vent light back out ...I didn't study anything beyond physics 101 in college but I seem to recall being told that light is cumalative and and if true then a given amount of space could only hold so much.

...thus, as I was given to understand, Gods needed to create the Angelic to do Gods will as for the reason God cannot enter into the Creation or else it will be negated.

The Sabian Symbols are not limited to astrological application they are the 360 divine precepts that govern all of creation in every way and manner in the order they are arranged. By following them as a complete process from Aires 01* to Pisces 30* is a process of involution followed by devolution is a process of continuous cyclic material mutation... misunderstood and misidentified as "evolution". By following the precepts from Virgo 30* to Libra 01* as a complete process is a process of spiritual evolution, that is the evolution of the spirit and eventual freedom from matter... as like type of chrysalis. If you think about it you may have heard some of the great mystics describe the Soul as being an eternal entity of self conscious light of singular integrity and that it has a shape like that of a butterfly... and thus why I think "Chrysalis" is a most appropriate word.
This is why I oft use as my signature byline: "I am an evolutionist. I believe in evolution. I believe God created me in a manner that I may spiritually evolve." What scientists call evolution of the species is actually genetic mutation. The only true evolution is spiritual.

In the The Signs of the Zodiac are different, they do pertain only to astrological influences. As it takes somewhere around 72 years for a Sign to process one degree, that's well over 2100 years per sign. What we have presently as the descriptions of the attributes of the 12 signs may have indeed been developed relatively very recently, in the grand scheme of time from the beginning of Creation to it's end.

What attributes attributed to Aries I believe are actually that of Taurus. Aries is called the sign of the Ram, but why was the Prince of Peace called the Lamb of God? Aries given the symbolistic attributes of an aggressive male ram doesn't make sense to be considered to be what has been perceived as that of Pisces for the last thousand years or more. But if considered to need to be actually pictured symbolically as a lamb, then what a difference that makes.

If you read a thread of mine titled "A Runic Explanation of the Zodiac" you'll find my presentation for consideration that the present schematic diagram of the attributes and influences of the Zodiac has been corrupted due to our present state of being in what Vedic knowledge identifies as a Kali Yuga or possibly we may be in the very first years of the Dwapar Yuga, but far from the pinnacle of awareness, understanding and knowledge we exist at when in the Satya Yuga. I rearrange the schematic to show that the Zodiac is to be understood as an actual working model of the symbolic Yin~Yang icon. It is half positive charged to one side and half negative to the other.

As it is presently believed to be of alternating male and female Signs and each sign has an opposite of the same polarity is unnatural and an impossibility.
"As Above, So Below" is not just a wishful invocation, but the reality of all creation. There are six male Signs and six female Signs. Three male signs of positive orientation and three of negative and the same goes for those of the female. The Signs Aquarius through Cancer are negative oriented. Aries is a male sign of negative, i.e., receptive nature.
Thus each Planet has rulership over both a negative and a positive Sign as each Planet has a physical negative and positive polarity.
As Above, So Below.

...and think about it. The prefix 'sex', as in sextuplet, sexile, sexagenarian, means six.

And when you think about it, it so makes sense as to why there are passive and aggressive males and passive and aggressive females. A s I have an Aries Venus and a Gemini Mars, I am a very passive male. So much so that I am often asked if I might be a repressed homosexual and even have been accused of denial. Far from the truth, but those that went so far as to make such accusations can't understand it and are so indoctrinated into the belief that all males should have aggressive, alpha like, personalities they refuse to believe anything else and are terrified that they may have to admit to being partially passive themselves...or so it has seemed to me that they have such a fear.... that is among the few guys I have done charts for, whom that I knew beforehand, grew up with them or came into my life later that I also got to know somewhat over many years that are a mix of both polarities, in either manner, as to their natal Venus & Mars. My one brother has a natal Mars in Sagittarius and Venus in Aries, and he is somewhat homophobic, or at least I think so.

Those of singular polarities, like myself, I didn't get to know as many so intimately during my lifetime. As I didn't become interested in studying astrology until I was past 31 years of age and my range of social contact and interaction narrowed about that same time I lost that opportunity I had in my youth to study so many different types of people, I did travel round quite a bit in my unsettled youth.

As I only came to this understanding of the Zodiac in the last ten or twelve years , I haven't had the opportunity to put a lot of field research into it but I have seen enough indications to be convinced it is a correct schematic understanding and the schematic has been added to and built upon as to a present point of such size and solid reasoning that when ever I do get the chance to get a person that is a scientist of much study to listen to a little presentation I have developed and refined to be completed in under two minutes ...as that is about as long as most will allow of their time out of courtesy ... or some may think of it as 'humoring"... but everyone of them will ask to keep the copy of the diagram of the schematic I draw in front of them while I explain it and part with it with a sincere expression of usually either 'how interesting' or 'fascinating', or some word or words of a similar vein.

Unfortunately the only psychologists and psychiatrists I spoke to about this were adversarial working for the lawyers of the party I was suing about 13 years ago and was in the fledgling stages of being developed and yet to convince myself of it's veracity. I had sued my last employer for both physical disability caused by my employment and psychological stress. I saw four psychiatrists and three psychologists in that ordeal.
They are the oddest of people that I have met in y life. My mother used to say that they get into the study because they have a genuine need to understand themselves. i.e., psychological analysis and often psychiatric care, themselves. I think she may have been right.

piercethevale

Truth is the Spring Equinox started in the 29th degree of Aquarius in 2008 or 2009 and except for the first two degrees what everyone considers to be Aries presently is in reality Pisces.
What you consider to be from 3* Taurus to 3* Gemini is presently in the Sign of Aries.

This is according to the 20th century clairvoyant Edgar Cayce and what researching members of the A.R.E. were able to determine from analyzing every reading He ever made any mention of astrology which allowed them to determine that we entered the "Age of Aquarius" in June of 1936 [but as I think about it right at this moment, It may have been July...I'll check the information I have and will let you all know if it was...but for this purpose of understanding, it's close enough.
I didn't want to admit that the Siderealists are right for years but I finally had to concede. Whether you want to accept this or not is up to each individual.

Oddly though, as it may seem, the Sabian Symbols haven't moved in Eons, that is if at all.
The likely answer is either their influence emanates from the Sun itself or a source far beyond even all the constellations that somehow is not involved in any sort of procession. If they are arranged along the very edge of space itself. The distance to that edge being so great that it may be millions of years to see the procession of a single degree.
You can get an idea from Pluto. As it is only at the edge what is presently considered to be our known Solar System and it takes Pluto almost 21 years to traverse one sign on an average just imagine a circular perimeter out there so far in distance that from that perimeter that the diameter of Pluto's orbit is as like looking through a microscope to the orbit of Electrons around the nucleus of an atom.

There are those that wish to argue and contend that there is no boundary to the universe that it keeps expanding and will expand until the end of time.
I beg to differ and that is because what is revealed in the study of Kabbalistic knowledge and the belief of necessary prerequisites for the Creation to take place, moreover toward that of the modernistic and mystically oriented Lurianic Kabbalah pertaining to the Tzimtzum and the Khalal Hapanui and the relatively modern sect of Judaism, that is also quite mystically oriented known as Chabad Hassidism and there concept of chalal panui.

All of these concepts have to do with the belief that God is everywhere but in order to Create a universe wherein all the conceived of worlds could, and would, appear and for there to be able to produce self aware souls of singular integrity and that have free will God had to withdraw to create a vacated space. {Picture a bubble of air in an infinitless ocean all around and that God is that 'Ocean'} So, it makes no sense that God would keep withdrawing further and further to allow an infinite expansion of the Universe and every religion I know of that I have found to be a source of truth to some degree far outweighing that of what I have found to be contradictorial has a belief that Creation has an expiration date.

The only explanation I can offer is a theory because Black Holes contract space they grow in size and number to equal and offset that space which seemingly is added by expansion and may possibly also be needed to vent light back out ...I didn't study anything beyond physics 101 in college but I seem to recall being told that light is cumalative and and if true then a given amount of space could only hold so much.

...thus, as I was given to understand, Gods needed to create the Angelic to do Gods will as for the reason God cannot enter into the Creation or else it will be negated.

The Sabian Symbols are not limited to astrological application they are the 360 divine precepts that govern all of creation in every way and manner in the order they are arranged. By following them as a complete process from Aires 01* to Pisces 30* is a process of involution followed by devolution is a process of continuous cyclic material mutation... misunderstood and misidentified as "evolution". By following the precepts from Virgo 30* to Libra 01* as a complete process is a process of spiritual evolution, that is the evolution of the spirit and eventual freedom from matter... as like type of chrysalis. If you think about it you may have heard some of the great mystics describe the Soul as being an eternal entity of self conscious light of singular integrity and that it has a shape like that of a butterfly... and thus why I think "Chrysalis" is a most appropriate word.
This is why I oft use as my signature byline: "I am an evolutionist. I believe in evolution. I believe God created me in a manner that I may spiritually evolve." What scientists call evolution of the species is actually genetic mutation. The only true evolution is spiritual.

In the The Signs of the Zodiac are different, they do pertain only to astrological influences. As it takes somewhere around 72 years for a Sign to process one degree, that's well over 2100 years per sign. What we have presently as the descriptions of the attributes of the 12 signs may have indeed been developed relatively very recently, in the grand scheme of time from the beginning of Creation to it's end.

What attributes attributed to Aries I believe are actually that of Taurus. Aries is called the sign of the Ram, but why was the Prince of Peace called the Lamb of God? Aries given the symbolistic attributes of an aggressive male ram doesn't make sense to be considered to be what has been perceived as that of Pisces for the last thousand years or more. But if considered to need to be actually pictured symbolically as a lamb, then what a difference that makes.

If you read a thread of mine titled "A Runic Explanation of the Zodiac" you'll find my presentation for consideration that the present schematic diagram of the attributes and influences of the Zodiac has been corrupted due to our present state of being in what Vedic knowledge identifies as a Kali Yuga or possibly we may be in the very first years of the Dwapar Yuga, but far from the pinnacle of awareness, understanding and knowledge we exist at when in the Satya Yuga. I rearrange the schematic to show that the Zodiac is to be understood as an actual working model of the symbolic Yin~Yang icon. It is half positive charged to one side and half negative to the other.

As it is presently believed to be of alternating male and female Signs and each sign has an opposite of the same polarity is unnatural and an impossibility.
"As Above, So Below" is not just a wishful invocation, but the reality of all creation. There are six male Signs and six female Signs. Three male signs of positive orientation and three of negative and the same goes for those of the female. The Signs Aquarius through Cancer are negative oriented. Aries is a male sign of negative, i.e., receptive nature.
Thus each Planet has rulership over both a negative and a positive Sign as each Planet has a physical negative and positive polarity.
As Above, So Below.

...and think about it. The prefix 'sex', as in sextuplet, sexile, sexagenarian, means six.

And when you think about it, it so makes sense as to why there are passive and aggressive males and passive and aggressive females. A s I have an Aries Venus and a Gemini Mars, I am a very passive male. So much so that I am often asked if I might be a repressed homosexual and even have been accused of denial. Far from the truth, but those that went so far as to make such accusations can't understand it and are so indoctrinated into the belief that all males should have aggressive, alpha like, personalities they refuse to believe anything else and are terrified that they may have to admit to being partially passive themselves...or so it has seemed to me that they have such a fear.... that is among the few guys I have done charts for, whom that I knew beforehand, grew up with them or came into my life later that I also got to know somewhat over many years that are a mix of both polarities, in either manner, as to their natal Venus & Mars. My one brother has a natal Mars in Sagittarius and Venus in Aries, and he is somewhat homophobic, or at least I think so.

Those of singular polarities, like myself, I didn't get to know as many so intimately during my lifetime. As I didn't become interested in studying astrology until I was past 31 years of age and my range of social contact and interaction narrowed about that same time. I lost that opportunity I had in my youth to study so many different types of people, I did travel round quite a bit in my unsettled youth.

As I only came to this understanding of the Zodiac in the last ten or twelve years , I haven't had the opportunity to put a lot of field research into it but I have seen enough indications to be convinced it is a correct schematic understanding and the schematic has been added to and built upon as to a present point of such size and solid reasoning that when ever I do get the chance to get a person that is a scientist of much study to listen to a little presentation I have developed and refined to be completed in under two minutes ...as that is about as long as most will allow of their time out of courtesy ... or some may think of it as 'humoring"... but everyone of them will ask to keep the copy of the diagram of the schematic I draw in front of them while I explain it and part with it with a sincere expression of usually either 'how interesting' or 'fascinating', or some word or words of a similar vein.

Unfortunately the only psychologists and psychiatrists I spoke to about this were adversarial working for the lawyers of the party I was suing about 13 years ago and was in the fledgling stages of being developed and yet to convince myself of it's veracity. I had sued my last employer for both physical disability caused by my employment and psychological stress. I saw four psychiatrists and three psychologists in that ordeal.
They are the oddest of people that I have met in my lifetime. My mother used to say that they get into the study because they have a genuine need to understand themselves. i.e., psychological analysis and often psychiatric care, themselves. I think she may have been right.

Heruhotep

Not the case if you are using Tropical Astrology, as opposed to Sidereal Astrology.

As to which one should be considered correct, well, it is all a matter of opinion.

BTW, I'm an Aries. :biggrin:

Hello!
Of course, not everyone associates Aries with their good traits. Rams get a bad rap for being pushy and having an aggressive approach to life. Just looking at their ruling planet (Mars) and element (fire) paints a pretty combative picture, right? But that's hardly the full story. As any Aries will tell you, they're more than just a pair of horns.
Yes, Aries are truly a force of nature, but that doesn't necessarily mean we should stay out of their way. Ahead, we bust four major misconceptions about people born under the Aries sign — and remind you what actually makes them fantastic companions.

chiamaria

Aries is actually one of my three favourite signs. The majority of those I've met have been quite mature and balanced. Not all, but even the ones who were a bit crazy (scorpio moon might be the reason in their case) they still had a genuine warmth about their personality. I find most Aries people quite warm, and even when things get tough they'll still plough ahead, I agree.

Regarding Leos, my personal experience with them is different from the OP's. People accuse Leos of being show-offs, and that's what I myself bought into (I'm a Leo too), if books like Linda Goodman's are to be believed, but I had to stop short and reconsider that after remembering all the Leos I'd met in my life. The vast majority of them (with the exception of a couple) were actually genuinely humble, which people would not expect of this sign, but they exude that genuine humility, not the try-hard type. They don't try to be anything in particular, and in my experience, if a Leo says they are good at something, chances are they actually really are and are merely acknowledging it (which everyone has a right to do, but I guess some call that showing off if it comes out of a Leo's mouth as opposed to the same claim coming out of the mouth of another sign?). In fact, sometimes they are even too hard on themselves. That's what I've noticed. The ones I've observed to be more of a show-off or a sore loser were those who had a Leo ascendant and, to a lesser extent, a Leo moon.

antiphon

I don’t like Aries much, but those qualities aren’t what I typically associate with the sign. Aries moves on quickly from conflict, and I think they’re often surprised that it’s a bigger deal to other people. Holding on to things is more of a fixed sign trait.

I also think people sometimes try to make Aries (and fire signs in general) sound much more idealistic than they are.