Should I change to another university?

juliet

I hope this is right forum for education questions.

To explain: I am currently studying part time for a MA in Global Political Economy. I have recently found out that the very prestigious university close by, runs a similar degree which focuses on India, the country that I'm interested in. However, my current course is also good, and taught well. If I swapped, i.e., change courses from September this year, I would start afresh, it would cost more, but generate rich rewards. There are pros and cons to both.

So, the question is should I change my course to the one mentioned above?

I, the Sun, am in detriment in Aquarius, also Sun squares Saturn. However, Mercury forms a positive aspect with Jupiter, but Jupiter is retrograde. Could you please advise. Thank you.

7ada0325-e455-4e9c-8c82-0ab14fa3bb7a_zps71959c01.gif

Edit: I added the asteroid 'academia' to the chart and found that is trines the Sun exactly at 16 degrees Libra, 3rd house. Just thought, someone may find this of interest.

Last edited:

Lillytoday

Hi JUli

Mercury is not to trine jupiter L9... since it is about to stop and turn retro...
I tend to think, that merc as L7 from the ninth shows your alternative school...
Merc just entered exaltation, but as i said this is only a short visit... and it will disappear into aquarius again...

Moon is applying to jupiter your current school and the moon is well recieved - i d say leave things as they are..

regards. t.

juliet

Hi JUli
Mercury is not to trine jupiter L9... since it is about to stop and turn retro...
I tend to think, that merc as L7 from the ninth shows your alternative school...
Merc just entered exaltation, but as i said this is only a short visit... and it will disappear into aquarius again...

Moon is applying to jupiter your current school and the moon is well recieved - i d say leave things as they are..

regards. t.

Thank you. Could I please ask if Moon is said to be applying to Jupiter became Jupiter is in its house? As I see it Moon sextiles Mercury - would that mean something here?

Zarathu

Account Closed
I'm not sure its going to happen. IMO, there is no Ptolemaic aspect between the ASC and the ruler of the house of the Question.

The Moon will make a lot of aspects before leaving the sign.

While perhaps the question isn't premature, I do believe that its all just talk at this stage. I don't see enough in the chart to show a move any time soon.

Perhaps you were talking aobut next fall? That would take it almost beyond the range of this horary question chart and would make it a reason why it looks so vague.

Lillytoday

PS:
Sorry i was a bit off i think...
merc of course is in detriment - sorry for that...
honestly i am not sure with the judgement...

regards.t.

juliet

I'm not sure its going to happen. IMO, there is no Ptolemaic aspect between the ASC and the ruler of the house of the Question.

The Moon will make a lot of aspects before leaving the sign.

While perhaps the question isn't premature, I do believe that its all just talk at this stage. I don't see enough in the chart to show a move any time soon.

Perhaps you were talking aobut next fall? That would take it almost beyond the range of this horary question chart and would make it a reason why it looks so vague.
Zarathu, I need to decide now and apply by mid-March, in fact. I am seriously considering it and have begun investigating in earnest. What will decide it for me is talking to the current students and checking on the quality of teaching. Prestigious Universities often leave students floundering. This one is top of the league in the UK. The next hurdle will be applying and being accepted.

tsmall

Premium Member
You said you are studying part time for your MA? Is this from home, or are you attending classes close to home?

juliet

Hello Tsmall,

I am attending classes at a University close to home. I live in a University town which has both - in walking distance. The part-time course spans 2 years whilst the prestigious one will be full time and could be done instead of the 2nd year of the part-time course.

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
I think that you will stay where you are, but I wonder if you should or could hedge your bets a bit. By applying and seeing what happens. There is nothing that says you can't continue with your studies as you have been, is there?

9th sign of the chart is Aries, giving Mars as your current school and Sun as

the very prestigious university close by

It's kind of a toss up between the two (which accurately describes the situation) but it looks like Mars will be the better choice.

Mars is on the I/C (home) and it falls in the 3rd sign. Both Sun and Mars are of mixed sect but Sun is in pitted degree with the benefics turned away, applying to a square with Saturn. Mars on the other hand is with Spica and Arcturus, and Mars is aided by Venus, who is applying to him (and rules him) from his exaltation.

Mercury is a general significator for learning and has just moved into his detriment, but he stations retrograde and will move back to trine Mars again, and when that aspect perfects it looks like Mercury will be cazimi.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary dogmas and uses whole sign hous format)

I'll use the Lot of Rectitude (right action to take, correct thing to do) in estimating an answer to this advice-request question:

-querent = 1st house = Leo = Sun
-higher education = 9th house = Aries = Mars
-Lot of Rectitude (ascendant+mars-mercury) falls @ 4 Aries
a) in the 9th house of higher education (means the Lot is highly specific for the question)
b) querent Sun flows toward the Lot = yes answer
c) 9th house significator (and also Lot dispositor) Mars flows toward the Lot = yes

The Lot of Rectitude indicates that yes, it would be the correct action (right action) for the querent to take, in making the change described by the OP.

juliet

I think that you will stay where you are, but I wonder if you should or could hedge your bets a bit. By applying and seeing what happens. There is nothing that says you can't continue with your studies as you have been, is there?

9th sign of the chart is Aries, giving Mars as your current school and Sun as

It's kind of a toss up between the two (which accurately describes the situation) but it looks like Mars will be the better choice.

Mars is on the I/C (home) and it falls in the 3rd sign. Both Sun and Mars are of mixed sect but Sun is in pitted degree with the benefics turned away, applying to a square with Saturn. Mars on the other hand is with Spica and Arcturus, and Mars is aided by Venus, who is applying to him (and rules him) from his exaltation.

Mercury is a general significator for learning and has just moved into his detriment, but he stations retrograde and will move back to trine Mars again, and when that aspect perfects it looks like Mercury will be cazimi.
Thank you Tsmall.

I am going to attend a seminar series at the prestigious uni and talk to their students in order to make up my mind. I hope to gain admission based on my grades at the current place - these are v. good. (I was very surprised!). So, it's a case of the course being ultra good, teaching quality wise, for me to give up the current one. The horary seems to be indicating that the change won't be for the best. Hopefully, I'll make a good decision. Thanks again.

juliet

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary dogmas and uses whole sign hous format)

I'll use the Lot of Rectitude (right action to take, correct thing to do) in estimating an answer to this advice-request question:

-querent = 1st house = Leo = Sun
-higher education = 9th house = Aries = Mars
-Lot of Rectitude (ascendant+mars-mercury) falls @ 4 Aries
a) in the 9th house of higher education (means the Lot is highly specific for the question)
b) querent Sun flows toward the Lot = yes answer
c) 9th house significator (and also Lot dispositor) Mars flows toward the Lot = yes

The Lot of Rectitude indicates that yes, it would be the correct action (right action) for the querent to take, in making the change described by the OP.

Dr Farr,
You have advised me in the past and always been correct. I am very grateful for your inputs. Your interpretation here gives me hope. Could I ask if the lot of rectitude falling in the 9th house lends greater strength to the answer?

Last edited: