My Emotional self at odds with my chart??

AriesGuy

Hello,

I've had a question for sometime after looking at my natal chart, because I feel very intensely and I'm deeply emotional, but the signs in my chart tell me I'm more intellectual and detached from my emotions. I know all people are different and I'm my own person regardless, but I've just always been curious of the deeper astrology, and what might be "lurking underneath" in me. If someone could take a look at my chart and see what might be the catalyst for my more emotional nature, I'd be very grateful.

p.s. - I'm also very curious what my chart shows towards my intimacy nature, because again, I feel I crave intimacy and I want the woman I date to almost seem like she possesses me, or owns me to a certain degree, but my chart says otherwise.

I'm very confused, but very curious, is my chart lying to me?

Thanks guys,

- G.

Attachments

• my chart.jpg
    my chart.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 68

bittermoon

For your 'emotional self' I would look to your Moon. A Gemini Moon is typically quite rational, and possibly prone to quickly changing moods, however, I think it's significant that your Moon is conjunct your Ascendant. When the Moon is conjunct an angle, it tends to be more emotional and you will have stronger ties with all things lunar than if it had been in let's say the 2nd house. Almost like a Cancerian vibe.

Do some research into this aspect and see if it makes sense.

AriesGuy

Wow, I just typed "moon conjunct ascendant" into google and read the first thing that came up. I checked first to find that my moon is in the 1st house instead of the twelfth, and I have to say it was dead on.

An ultimate need for self expression and an immediate response to emotion are very true for me. I'm actually a filmmaker for this very reason as well as a writer, and the being sensitive to environments and mood changes, it's true. I also can't hide how I feel, my friends always say it shows so blatantly on my face. Wow, thanks for that observation, it definitely made sense.

sequestra

Hmm yeah, interesting... Bittermoon honed in on what I agree is the main protagonist, which is that 1st house moon conjunct the ascendant. Are your emotions highly variable/volatile? Your moon is additionally trining your venus/mars/MC conjunction so I can imagine you'd be sensitive/intense and also perceived by others in this way.

Also, venus/mars conjunctions in and of themselves are... Well, intense. I have one myself (as well as a gemini moon), and I too am rather emotionally expressive. Gemini moons can be quite demonstrative in communicating their emotions, and with yours conjunct your chart ruler Mercury I imagine you're probably rather eloquent at doing so!

Last edited:

AriesGuy

Variable and volatile, definitely. It's interesting, because I can get very fired up about something and then channel the emotion into something else entirely. I bet you have a similar feeling, and the communication aspect is definitely crucial, it's like I need to let it all out. Thanks for that insight, I'm starting to see the fit!

sequestra

It's interesting, because I can get very fired up about something and then channel the emotion into something else entirely.

Yep, you're able to sublimate creatively with that moon trine venus/mars/MC. Can't wait to see your work someday when you hit it big :wink::joyful:

StillOne

Well, you do have a Yod with the Moon as the apex. This will make your Moon extra intense! With it conjunct your Ascendant that is quite a position. It's no wonder you do what you do and that you experience such depth of emotion.

The key to understanding your Yod is researching your Quincunx aspects (green lines)

Moon quincunx Pluto:
Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Pluto

You confuse intensity with desire, and need with love. As a consequence of this, your relationships with others (especially romantic partners) can be powerful and "spicy" without engendering much closeness. It takes time for you to recognize the habits that get in the way of intimacy; it takes time to alter them once recognized. Letting go of negative history lays the groundwork for change. Give others permission to be different than everyone else has been before. Through this, you give yourself permission to be different.

Moon quincunx Neptune:
Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Neptune

Romantic and idealistic, you easily project qualities onto situations and people that they can't possibly live up to. The root of this problem is really inaccurate self appraisal. You expect more from yourself than is realistic, then react to your shortcomings with guilt driven service to others and deep expression of overly sympathetic feelings. In the long run you have many opportunities through this aspect of your nature to refine and express your higher vision of the truth to others. Through this expression your daily life becomes a clearer picture of your true inner being.
courtesy of cafeastrology.com

Last edited:

AriesGuy

Very interesting, the confusing intensity with desire and expecting too much from myself and others is something I've definitely felt before.

I'll have to do more research on Yods and their influence, it seems to be an important component! Thanks for that.

StillOne

I'll have to do more research on Yods and their influence, it seems to be an important component! Thanks for that.

And so it begins...

I'd certainly recommend that. However, be prepared for considerable introspection and contemplation as well as research. It's not an easy concept to fully grasp due to the confusing nature of the quincunx. You also have other energies impacting your moon so it'll take some discernment.

I can recommend The Yod Book by Karen Hamaker-Zondag. There's also a wealth of info on this board.

Fragoso

Hello,
I've had a question for sometime after looking at my natal chart, because I feel very intensely and I'm deeply emotional, but the signs in my chart tell me I'm more intellectual and detached from my emotions.
I'm very confused, but very curious, is my chart lying to me?

Hello. You are very emotional because your natal moon is in the 1st house and conjuncting ascendant. Even beeing in gemini, your chart points to a very emotional (moon) self (1st house). Besides, moon is the ruler of your 3rd house... Your emotions might influence your speech and way of communicate. People around you can understand you are emotional for sure xD Besides, Mercury square neptune :surprised: (again emotions are side by side with the speech).

p.s. - I'm also very curious what my chart shows towards my intimacy nature, because again, I feel I crave intimacy and I want the woman I date to almost seem like she possesses me, or owns me to a certain degree, but my chart says otherwise.

No it doesn't. That's venus square pluto. Even with venus in aquarius ('air sign') it squares pluto and that can also bring intese feeling of passion. The conjution to mars increase those feelings. :whistling:

Fragoso

AriesGuy

Ok, I'll start small. Thanks.

I'm also curious if anything in my chart would indicate why I put so much weight on romantic relationships when my venus is in aquarius? It says that I value independence and aloofness, but I find I enjoy closeness. I'm the kind of person who could do just about everything with their partner, more or less until they get sick of me! I also appreciate possessiveness in a romantic partner, as I feel I exhibit the same tendencies. I think it's important to mention I'm a dominant person, but I guess this comes from my sun in aries. I really don't know why I seem so opposite my supposed loving style?

AriesGuy

Wow, I replied before reading your post Fargoso, it seems I should look to the aspects more. Sorry, I'm a true newbie. Thanks for that. Another step towards understanding!

Last edited:
Hello. You are very emotional because your natal moon is in the 1st house and conjuncting ascendant. Even beeing in gemini, your chart points to a very emotional (moon) self (1st house). Besides, moon is the ruler of your 3rd house... Your emotions might influence your speech and way of communicate. People around you can understand you are emotional for sure xD Besides, Mercury square neptune :surprised: (again emotions are side by side with the speech).

no it doesn't. That's venus square pluto. Even with venus in aquarius ('air sign') it squares pluto and that can also bring intese feeling of passion. The conjution to mars increase those feelings. :whistling:[although I wouldn't call 10' separating a conjunction, for me it too wide....]

Fragoso

Well spotted, i was waiting for someone to find this *venus square pluto* aspect....:biggrin:

Venus in Square to Pluto
"Emotional and sexual experiences are intense to say the least. This aspect can attract karmic involvement in which you and/or the other person feel a kind of "bondage" to each other that can be difficult to break out of even when you know the relationship is over. Beware of subtle control and manipulation issues in relationships. With this aspect in your chart, there is little middle of the road where love and money are concerned"
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/aspectsvenus.htm#naveasppl

ariesguy, you should research your Yod more

Info on Yod’s
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TheYod15.5.htm
http://asphodelea.com/yods.html
http://www.drstandley.com/astrologycharts_yod.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yod_(astrology)
http://realastrologers.com/?p=331
http://medicalastrologybyeileennauma...t-and-yod.html
http://thezodiac.com/yod.htm

http://medicalastrologybyeileennauman.blogspot.com/2009/03/inconjunct-aspect-and-yod.html
http://aliceportman.com/?p=452
boomerang Yod
http://www.lunarliving.org/astrology/yod_boomerang.shtml
http://www.therealastrology.com/home/faq/aspect-patterns.html

Sometimes these quincunxs (aka Inconjuncts 150’) are obvious and recognised in personality, other times it can take a lot of self examination to identify with the planets energies and of course they (like all aspects) don't operate 100% of the time, they are simply a facet of your personality. Some say they cause health issues that are unresolved, underlying, dormant waiting to be triggered.... some say you stay at one end, to the detriment of the other, OR end up see-sawing between the two until you learn balance, integration of two unlikely pairings.

Next look at the signs, then houses and then aspects. Now the *others aspects* from these quincunxs/Yods as they can act like escape routes, that can help or hinder the expressions. A chart with lots of Yods (Finger of God) will always be *searching* for the divine answers to the meaning of life, to find synthesis

What tends to happen with quincunxs is that with progessions and transits will create temporary Yods aka 'Finger of god' configurations. Like with common TSquares, they create a temp Grand Square...

If someone has the ‘generational Pluto sextile neptune’ (born after 1940) then there is always a possibility of creating a temporary Yod with quicker moving planets, progressions, solar arcs even and difficult situations where you could be forced into making decisions and worrying that you have made the wrong one. Saturn, Uranus are generational to and unless these two fall in first quadrant (the most personal) the may not even be felt if they create a temporary Yod…this could be *transformation through suffering* type aspect

Thread by R4ven on Yods
Some of what you may feel/experience are:
  • things which happen out of the blue, and these things affect us, but are not created by us.
  • being faced with impossible choices, but where we are forced into choose something
  • a feeling of having been wronged in some way, and that we `don't deserve this' to be happening to us.
  • feeling like we're on a continual search for something in our lives, although we don't know what this `something' is.
  • well-made plans being interrupted, or even hijacked totally
  • difficulty in coping within formal education systems - eg. as in being given limited time frames in which to complete tasks (this can create high stress levels in anyone with a yod)
  • the yod itself does not provide any clear direction in life.
  • those with unaspected planets will have difficulty in using it effectively when put under pressure.
  • walking a different path, feeling `different' from others can lead to deep feelings of insecurity, and perhaps even believing themselves to have been `born into the wrong family'. (This one freaked me out a bit, since I spent much of my childhood believing this...)
  • with an unaspected planet, in childhood the over-developed effects of the planet may be suppressed in some way by parents. (eg. my brother has an unaspected `duet' between Mars and Jupiter. As a child he `bounced off the walls' and was a real handful. My mother took him to the Dr and he was put on some kind of sedative to calm him down. Eventually he became a successful athlete, and so this became a channel for his excessive energy.)
  • unconsciously developing towards future activities - perhaps over a period of years - without being aware of this.
  • a sense that one is a Spiritual Warrior, as you find that what seems to satisfy others in life in no way is satisfactory for you - that you are searching for `something more'.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15271&highlight=yods

Last edited:
following on from stillone,

moon quincunx pluto
“indicates a personality that it precariously balanced. You must learn to temper your emotional compulsiveness with objectivity. You may have assumed that to gain anyone's love you must submit to them. Thus you overreact to other people's demands. You wrongly believe that those who use you must care for you in some way. But submission to another only earns you contempt. You have to unlearn old habit systems and develop new ones to avoid being. You will be at the mercy of others until you gather the strength to say no.”
From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

moon quincunx neptune
“You are like a mother hen seeking to protect her brood when danger threatens. Unconsciously, however, you are constantly seeking situations in which you can persecute yourself. Your imagination works overtime in creating problems to solve.
In any endeavour you must determine the limits of your responsibilities and avoid volunteering for additional tasks. Your physical constitution cannot tolerate abuse. Good food, nutritiously prepared under clean conditions, is absolutely necessary.Your romantic interests may prove disappointing until you can relate to others honestly and realistically. It is not easy for you to see people as they really are”

From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

for a guy with venus in aquarius will always want a long friendship first

retinoid

Your emotions are definitely affected by how others react towards you (more so than others). You may change how you act to suit how others are reacting towards you. Could be a good net worker. You probably give a good impression more often than not.

Saturn is causing issues in how you communicate with people (friends). Perhaps you are very talkative and are warm and then withdraw suddenly confusing those around you?

You may also feel a see saw effect when it comes to how you feel towards money and sex. Sometimes you may feel like you have a lot of material comfort and then sometimes you may feel like you are poor and you need to save or be responsible and can't give money away easily. Sexually you may feel the same way. Most of the time you may feel like you need to wait for the 'right person' and do not do well with one night stands. You could have sexual issues or issues with closeness to people and then see saw to having a high sex drive and being able to get very close to people.

Your emotions may be more of a roller coaster shifting towards extremes sometimes (particularly where money/intimacy is concerned). You are probably very complex. Sex is serious for you and you probably will have a difficult time throwing caution to the wind while doing it. It won't come 'naturally' to you. You may feel a little 'stiff' while doing it unless you feel a spiritual connection to the person. So yes, intensity is a must for you when it comes to this arena.

Last edited:

AriesGuy

astrologer50 - I read those articles and I have to say I've felt that uncertain, "destiny-calling" aspect to my life many times. The idea of a yod pointing to my destiny, in this case to my moon, (my emotions) makes complete sense.

"You wrongly believe that those who use you must care for you in some way."
"
"You will be at the mercy of others until you gather the strength to say no.”

This is painfully true, though I've gotten better, and continue to work on this.

Also, the destiny aspect is so strong.

• unconsciously developing towards future activities - perhaps over a period of years - without being aware of this.
This was true of my filmmaking and love of storytelling.

• a sense that one is a Spiritual Warrior, as you find that what seems to satisfy others in life in no way is satisfactory for you - that you are searching for `something more'.

This could seem lofty and pretentious, and I know I'm not the only one who has felt this regardless of the yod, but at the same time, the "spiritual warrior" part struck me hard. I would definitely say I relate to that, as to many of the other aspects.

I feel as though my emotions and my expression of them is key to where my life is "pointing" based on that yod, because I know filmmaking and storytelling are those outlets for me. It is my "purpose" if you can allow me to be that grand.

Oh, and the "protecting the brood" is how I act with my friends all the time. One of my friends calls me the "father" of our group, haha.

In my relationships, which is what I was truly after, I definitely see the venus square pluto in the way I love, the "not letting go easily" definitely.

retinoid - YES! Holy hell, it was like you took a walk inside my head and heart to find that out!! That is EXACTLY how I am, so affected by others reactions towards me, being hot and cold with friends, and the part about money and sex, but especially sex, was dead. on.

I had opened up to a friend, we were having a very guy conversation about sex, as we always do, (I know, I know.) But this was the first time I really told anyone how I felt, and I said, I kid you not, that I can't do one night stands, sex just doesn't feel right unless I have,...(and then I looked for the right word and said..) "spiritual" connection with that person, cause that is exactly how I feel!

Wow, thanks for that. I'm more myself than in a long time by putting all these pieces together.

StillOne

Nicely done. I bet it's a relief to recognize some these aspects! Afterall, they point to your uniqueness and how your soul is manifesting.

thanks for some feedback, learning about astrology is like going on a journey.
A journey of self discovery, bit like therapy. We all need to find meaning in life and sometimes with muddy waters, it can be very hard.....

kimbermoon

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]A deep and intense emotional nature: Pluto in Scorpio; “I feel I crave intimacy and I want the woman I date to almost seem like she possesses me”; very much in keeping with the inner depths of Pluto in Scorpio[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]the water influence is typically emotional often due to psychic sensitivity and receptivity that may remain below the level of consciousness. With the emphasis of planetary energy in the top half of the chart one would assume that you are more socially and mentally oriented, [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]especially with you Mars/Venus and Moon all in air signs; however the planets below the horizon are rather more subconscious in nature; these suggest things that you are reactive to things without necessarily understanding why. [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]You make an interesting statement: is my chart lying to me? [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]What accounts for differences of expression are the transits of planets across sensitive points in the chart...consider[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Pluto in Capricorn transiting your 8th house planets in the years ahead; relates to psychological transformations, often wrought by emotional crises, and a metamorphosis of energies: [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Uranus in Aries: significant changes that will reflect through the section relating to love, creativity and romance. You may experience new revelations about the depths of your emotions in the years ahead.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Saturn moving through your 5th house: this is about re-assessing your ideals about love and creativity...I sense that perhaps what you will be undergoing will be an 'awakening to creativity' by the end of next year and perhaps this too will serve to bring your emotional depths to the surface: what we are aware of at any given age will likely merge into new awareness sometime later...these are the indications of what is affecting us currently on a global scale...a 'collective awakening of consciousness' as related to the Solstice of 2012.[/FONT]