Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 12-25-2012, 04:30 PM

Re: Your Astrology Weekly Screen Name

My screen name..

Eh, I dont really think about what name I should use in this forum
That the same name I use for my twitter. I just simply use it again in this forum

Its a hawaiian name fyi. contain my name, rose, and lani means heaven. so, roselani means rose from heaven or heavenly rose >_<

Unread 12-25-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ros3lani View Post
My screen name..

Eh, I dont really think about what name I should use in this forum
That the same name I use for my twitter. I just simply use it again in this forum

Its a hawaiian name fyi. contain my name, rose, and lani means heaven. so, roselani means rose from heaven or heavenly rose >_<
You have a poetic and beautiful hawaiian name ros3lani
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 12-27-2012, 03:02 AM

Thank you so much jupiterasc. you're so kind >_<
Have a great life
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:10 PM

lol, mine was pure creativity.
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:49 PM

Hades - -
Unread 03-10-2013, 04:23 AM

My username is athenian200, and it has been for quite a while. I chose it for several reasons. One is that I simply have a special appreciation for the ideals, mythology, politics, philosophy, and emergent sciences of ancient Athens, and my favorite goddess is Athena.

Another reason is that I was once part of a philosophical forum where many people were named things like Socrates, Eratosthenes, Nietzsche, Plato, or some other major philosopher. So, I decided that instead of choosing a big name from history, I'd simply paint myself as some random, forgotten Athenian that liked listening to their discourses and throwing their two cents in.

Adding the numbers to the end was also sort of a joke, based on the fact that having random numbers at the end of a highly desired name was popular back then. But it was done with an ironic twist, because just plain "Athenian" wasn't a highly popular name, and I chose an even number with significance to Athenian history, so it wasn't actually random (it came to my mind at the time randomly; I discovered the significance later).

So, it's ironic in comparison to reality, but also represents my ideal of a world in which philosophy and reason are as common an interest as sports or movies.

200 is:
  • The number of Athenians that died in the the first Persian war (compared with 6,000 Persians). This was thanks to the Phalanx formation their army used.

• The number of Athenian ships constructed to defeat the Persians in the second Persian war, and proving the superiority of the Trireme ship design.

• The minimum size of a jury for a private suit.

• The number of years that the Athenian democracy lasted.
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:27 AM

I use my real name's latinized form, both my Ascendant and Sun Sign can be retrieved from it.
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolus Optimus View Post
I use my real name's latinized form, both my Ascendant and Sun Sign can be retrieved from it.
Hmmmmm? You're saying you're the best singer in the forum. And I love Christmas carols. I can't wait . . . . Actually, you are probably a double Sagittarius.
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:50 AM

Let's hear your arguments, Sir!
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Let's hear your arguments, Sir!
What do you mean?
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:56 AM

Why a double Sagittarius?
Unread 08-16-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Why a double Sagittarius?
Ha. Fair enough. I assume that I am correct (hope).

It was based on a mixture of logic and intuition.

Here are the facts:
(1) Carolus is Latin for Carol, and your name is exactly what it means: singing. So that alone has no bearing on your sign. Unless it is a reference to Taurus, ruling the throat with its Venusian affinity. But I do not think so. It's too loose, too tangential an association.

(2) Optimus is similar to words such as optimum and optimal, obviously relating to that which is best, and I believe the word "opitmus" has some sort of aristocratic signification to it because it stems from the title Jupiter Optimus Maximus, the most important temple in Rome during the city's prominence. The title means: "Jupiter is the best and greatest." This leads to two sings: Sagittarius and Pisces

(3) You gave no additional hints to allow for a differentiation of the two zodiacal signs. But in modern rulership, Pisces is ruled by Neptune. Also, you have a lot of fire in you, which I could tell by your previous posting, especially in regard to your efforts at the gym. You also have the avatar of a Lion, also signifying your affinity to the element of fire. Since we have one factor, Jupiter, as the signification of your ascendant and Sun sign, and Jupiter is not exalted in Leo, but Cancer, I had the idea that you are a double Sagittarius.

Is this correct?

Last edited by Cypocryphy; 08-16-2013 at 08:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cypocryphy For This Useful Post:
Carolus Optimus (10-14-2017)
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:37 AM

The_Saturnian...Need I say anything more?
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypocryphy View Post

(1) Carolus is Latin for Carol, and your name is exactly what it means: singing. So that alone has no bearing on your sign. Unless it is a reference to Taurus, ruling the throat with its Venusian affinity. But I do not think so. It's too loose, too tangential an association.
It is in fact the Latin form of the name Charles, closely linked to the meaning "king".

Quote:
The popularity of the name in continental Europe was due to the fame of Charles the Great (742-814), commonly known as Charlemagne, a king of the Franks who came to rule over most of Europe. It was subsequently borne by several Holy Roman Emperors, as well as kings of France, Spain, Portugal, Sweden and Hungary. The name did not become common in Britain until the 17th century when it was carried by the Stuart king Charles I. It had been introduced into the Stuart royal family by Mary Queen of Scots, who had been raised in France.
There you have it, a Leo Ascendant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypocryphy View Post
(2) Optimus is similar to words such as optimum and optimal, obviously relating to that which is best, and I believe the word "opitmus" has some sort of aristocratic signification to it because it stems from the title Jupiter Optimus Maximus, the most important temple in Rome during the city's prominence. The title means: "Jupiter is the best and greatest." This leads to two sings: Sagittarius and Pisces

(3) You gave no additional hints to allow for a differentiation of the two zodiacal signs. But in modern rulership, Pisces is ruled by Neptune. Also, you have a lot of fire in you, which I could tell by your previous posting, especially in regard to your efforts at the gym. You also have the avatar of a Lion, also signifying your affinity to the element of fire.

Is this correct?
This part is most impressive and correct, Optimus is the name of Jupiter, ruler of my Sun Sign.
Unread 08-17-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
It is in fact the Latin form of the name Charles, closely linked to the meaning "king". There you have it, a Leo Ascendant.
Argh! I knew I should have paid more attention to your avatar. I don't think you would have made it your avatar if it were merely your Moon sign. If you were an Eastern astrologer, then maybe, but . . . . oh well.

I think Charles came to mean "king" because of Charlemagne. Originally, it was a Germanic name (Karl) and meant "man."

Anyway, I shall settle for 50 percent correct.
Unread 08-17-2013, 06:16 AM
Account Closed

"Dioskouris" is a personal stylized spelling of the Greek "Dioscuri/Dioskouroi" -- "Sons of Zeus" or "God's Sons" (Dios and kouros (boys)). These sons are Castor and Pollux, who in Roman mythology are the twins "Gemini", my Sun sign.

Last edited by dioskouris; 08-17-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Unread 10-19-2013, 10:06 AM

Well, by golly....

I didn't pick my name because it sounds like the name of a general from Space Wars, although I think there was a pirate named Blackbeard and there might have been a corporal named Grey. But I don't think he had a beard.

And I didn't pick the name because I smoked some ganga...at least I don't remember smoking any.

And I don't like black cats (the picture looks like a tabby) or calico cats, or even gingham dogs...so Pet Lover or Feline Fancier was out...although this forum sometimes reminds me of the gingham dog and the calico cat, who side by side on the table sat....But that's a long and bloody story. Rats! They fought the dogs and killed the cats.

I thought of using Leo Ledbetter, but then I realized that dyslexic guy would probably make a mess of it, and happily, I am not incontinent. So I jettisoned that one.

I shouldn't smoke so much of that ganga. I can't remember...What was the question?
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:18 AM

My astrology screen name is akshat005 that made by my name and date of birth. I used it mostly on my broad and sites that I used to search.
Unread 03-02-2014, 01:48 AM

I came up with my screen name by switching the first letter of my last name with the last letter of my first name, then switching them back to their original places. Bet you guys never would've guessed I did that!
Unread 05-14-2014, 07:40 AM

I guess mine fits since its just my name(amber) and the Italian word for sun(sole). I'm Leo Asc. And in numerology I'm an 11 life path.
Unread 05-19-2014, 10:39 PM

Jesse Booth you had me going there. And greybeard that was a delightful non-answer.

I picked this name because it's fun to say, and it amuses me to use a mundane-but-still-uncommon word as a username, instead of one fraught with meaning and sentiment, or completely uninspired like johndoebirthyear, because no one expects that, right?

Actually it's the first word that popped into my head when I signed up.
Unread 05-20-2014, 01:24 PM

Flapjacks, your screen name always makes me hungry! Good thing your avatar does not feature a plate of flapjacks; one of my favorite foods! I'd end up ravenous every time I'd read your posts!

-Joseph Campbell
Unread 05-20-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousCat View Post
Flapjacks, your screen name always makes me hungry! Good thing your avatar does not feature a plate of flapjacks; one of my favorite foods! I'd end up ravenous every time I'd read your posts!
You shouldn't give me ideas, Curiouscat.
Unread 05-20-2014, 06:32 PM

I want to see what the stars have to say about me plus it reminded me of the title of John Green's book The Fault In Our Stars and the quote from the book, "My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindMeInTheStars For This Useful Post:
Ambersole11 (05-21-2014), Flapjacks (05-20-2014)
Unread 06-03-2014, 03:05 PM

Blaze? It's basically who I am! I'm very fiery and passionate about everything I do, So blaze is perfect for me.