Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Unread 09-16-2015, 01:24 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,357
Re: What is chart rectification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique_astrology View Post

This is a strawman argument as it is related to the chart angles and house cusps....
On the contrary, that is a misleading statement because
when delineating the Solar Return
Chart angles of the Solar Return are of major importance


because

the ascendant of the Solar Return brings into focus for that one year, the house of the natal chart with which it corresponds

and since quite simply
the purpose of a Solar Return is to gauge transient influences for one particular year of the native's life

therefore
given that:

.....although the actual amount of precession is about 4 seconds of arc per year
the older we get, the greater the difference in the houses and angles of the Precession Corrected chart
and so

by the time of our 18th birthday
the difference between a solar return calculated with and without precession = six hours:

and then

the difference on our thirty-sixth birthday = twelve hours

and

by our seventy second birthday
the difference = an entire day.


A geocentric view of a Solar Return
depends upon the Earth, Sun and star background all re-establishing the relationship that existed at birth.
This is not the same as the position in space
(relative to our orbit about the Sun)
where the Tropical Zodiac says our Solar Return occurred.


The added distance and time
required for the Earth to move past the Tropical Zodiac “return” point

and then
to reach the “Sidereal” or “Precession-corrected” position
is what makes a Tropical Solar Return chart different from a Sidereal Solar Return chart.


obviously then
the natal condition of the Solar Return ascendant ruler
as well as the condition of the Solar Return ascendant ruler in the natal chart
are important concerns when delineating the Solar Return for comparison with the natal chart promise
in order to determine the influences for that particular year




__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Dirius (09-16-2015)
  #127  
Unread 09-16-2015, 08:04 PM
unique_astrology's Avatar
unique_astrology unique_astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,021
Re: What is chart rectification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique_astrology View Post
This is a strawman argument as it is related to the chart angles and house cusps not LSTs showing when planets are on angles. Check the comparison of my natal Sun and the precessed Sun from my 74th birthday solar return.


THE TIME A CHART IS STRUCK DOES NOT DETERMINE THE LST NEEDED FOR A PLANET TO BE ON AN ANGLE.


If anything, it determines the date a progressed angle will contain a planet but it does not change the right ascension (excepting the Moon), latitude or declination of the planets, or the OE, in the natal or return chart for the vast majority of people for whom returns are done.

See the attached speculum for a comparison of the right ascensions needed for planets in my precession corrected SR with the non-precessed SR for this year. For a 74 year old only the Sun and Venus require LST's different by more than 1 degree and only on 3 chart angles. For most younger people the differences would likely be less than 1 degree. At any rate a planet within 1 degree, or even a little more, of an angle is considered by most to be within orb of influence. Those differences amount to only about 2 hours of time of day in a progressed lunar return to be exact but that is 30 degrees difference in backtracking (reverse engineering) to a natal chart

You are trying to mix apples and oranges.
Attached Images
File Type: gif SPEC PAN.gif (45.1 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by unique_astrology; 09-16-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to unique_astrology For This Useful Post:
waybread (09-17-2015)
  #128  
Unread 09-16-2015, 09:40 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,357
Re: What is chart rectification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique_astrology View Post

An example showing the accuracy of a progressed lunar return

A time of birth chosen at random by personal preference
rather than medical records/birth certificate
can neither produce an accurate lunar return
nor
an accurate progressed lunar return


Quote:
Originally Posted by unique_astrology View Post

.....my reason for using them to obtain a speculative birth time
and you agree that the birth times you obtain are speculative
and a matter of conjecture
not necessarily in agreement with various other speculative birth times
arrived at by astrologers who are using their own preferred methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique_astrology View Post


in producing an appropriate chart for an event
.
as has been said frequently on this thread
there are multiple 'appropriate charts for an event'
and deciding that' a chart is appropriate for an event'
is entirely dependent on the personal opinion and preference of the individual astrologer

furthermore
although you ignore the angles of the Solar Return
other astrologers consider the angles of the Solar Return important

and so obviously
although it is of no consequence to you
it matters to other astrologers
that a Tropical Solar Return
produced from a natal chart timed by medical records/official birth certificate
varies from a precessed Tropical Solar Return by
six hours on our 18th birthday

and by twelve hours on our thirty-sixth birthday

and by our seventy second birthday the difference = an entire day

so regarding to your comment of 'mixing apples and oranges'

consider that the precessing of a Tropical chart
by mixing precession with a system that is based on a non-precessed 0 degrees Aries point
is likewise mixing oranges with apples
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Dirius (09-16-2015)
  #129  
Unread 09-17-2015, 03:59 AM
unique_astrology's Avatar
unique_astrology unique_astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,021
Re: What is chart rectification?

Coming to this thread before logging in I see by your post that as you could not refute me you go off on a tangent to deflect attention from your obvious loss regarding my point.

You have not studied my technique. I therefore ask that you do not comment on it from now on as you are commenting on something you only have a surface knowledge about and some of what you post is disseminating wrong information about it. There are constraints imposed by the time of events so that there are not always multiple charts to be found to describe it when using my technique. I have 40 years of studying and using the technique. How much of either do you have with it?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to unique_astrology For This Useful Post:
waybread (09-17-2015)
  #130  
Unread 09-17-2015, 05:20 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,277
Re: What is chart rectification?

To answer your question, Bob, JA and Dirius do not have experience in chart rectification.
Dirius, in your post #124 you wrote:

"I never denied that astrologers have attempted methods that try to find the correct Ascendant without any type of birth time indication. In fact, as this was shown, its been the case since the dawn of astrology."

The dawn of astrology goes back to Sumer, not horoscopic astrology, and there is some debate as to whether horary was practiced by Hellenistic astrologers.

Second, here are excerpts from your previous posts:

From your post #2:
Quote:
you can't "rectify" a chart without a time of birth.

This is why its called "rectify", because you take the time of birth you are given and change it to the actual one.

A speculative chart with no actual time of birth, its not really a rectification.
From your post #6:

Quote:
you can't "rectify" a chart without a time of birth.

This is why its called "rectify", because you take the time of birth you are given and change it to the actual one.

A speculative chart with no actual time of birth, its not really a rectification. ....Rectification is done with an estimated time of birth, to turn it into the real time of birth. Like someone saying "I was born in the evening, between 9 or 10", and doing the rectification method to find he/she was born around 9:22 pm.

It is not about blind Ascendant finding.
From your post #12:

Quote:
As I said, it can't be done.
From your post #16:
Quote:
We are not discussing rectification techniques itself, I think we all know how to do that, but rather arguing if a rectification can be done without any sort of given birth time. (as you call it, 24 hour rectification).
I could excerpt more of your comparable posts indicating that you denied the existence of rectification without a birth time estimate, but the main thing is that you accept its existence now.

Quote:
I merely comment that those methods are unreliable, and as a start fail on many concepts, they don't guarantee an accurate chart, nor do they provide good results. There are too many factors involved that make these methods a failure more often than not.

Usually when a method is unreliable and does not posses a high succes rate, the technical defintion is that they "do not functionally work". And thus, are usually discarded. Anyone is free to use them though.
The problem, however, is that the best you can say about any rectification is that one cannot say with certainty or "proof" whether it is correct or not, because even if we have an official birth record, it could be wrong. Let's put the "burden of proof" on you, and ask you to demonstrate with hard evidence, that 24-hour rectification is worthless. This wouldn't be on the basis of your logic, but on the basis of facts.

Maybe the best we can do, as per Bernadette Brady's technical article linked above, is to find a chart that is radical.

Quote:
An author's opinion, is just that, an opinion. If they do not show the method working, its nothing more than a "take my word for it" statement.

The fact that they do not practice rectification is not an encouraging factor when analyzing those comments. If the authors would at least make an offer to do the method, would be evidence that they can validate those statements through their actions. Given that they do not, all that can be taken from their statement, is that its nothing more than an opinion, and not an actual method.
Dirius, Bob and I have linked or shown you many specific examples of rectification methods. What parts of these sources didn't you read? I am not going to type out the code of someone else's software program, cite verbatim a 300-page book, or duplicate an extensive thread from Astrodienst. Are you able to follow Bob's posts? But I draw my own conclusions from your (a) refusal to read or acknowledge sources with extensive information on methodology, followed by (b) your assertion that such sources somehow don't exist.

Steven Forrest and Chris Brennan certainly described their methods in sufficient detail for anyone to follow them.

Your strategy of drawing assumptions about professional astrologers is equally unsubstantiated. I asked if you had ever attempted rectification, even with a birth time estimate and if you have any idea of how time- and energy-consuming rectification is? These questions have as yet had no response. So you try your hand at a few rectifications yourself, Dirius, then let's talk.

[edited by request - Moderator]
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by wilsontc; 09-17-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
unique_astrology (09-17-2015)
  #131  
Unread 09-17-2015, 05:48 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,277
Re: What is chart rectification?

Just out of curiosity, JA, when did you ever work with lunar returns, precessed, progressed, or otherwise? Since you're such a fan of Vettius Valens, you might wish to discuss his methods of rectification.

Quote:
there are multiple 'appropriate charts for an event'
and deciding that' a chart is appropriate for an event'
is entirely dependent on the personal opinion and preference of the individual astrologer


This is patently incorrect, as has been demonstrated repeatedly. The whole point of using multiple cold hard dates and computer programs is to minimize the effect of "personal opinion and preference." You haven't digested any of the links I've posted or references I've cited. Why don't you replicate Bob's methods for a nativity of your choosing, and then come back and say how much of them are based upon some kind of idiosyncratic subjectivity.

Why should you be bothered by different astrologers using different methods? We accept in any area of life (except, it seems, astrology) that people will try to improve on existing methods to accomplish a task.

It's easy to criticize methods that you've never attempted.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
unique_astrology (09-17-2015)
  #132  
Unread 09-17-2015, 07:53 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,565
Re: What is chart rectification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
To answer your question, Bob, JA and Dirius do not have experience in chart rectification. I've asked Dirius, and his silence says all.
"I never denied that astrologers have attempted methods that try to find the correct Ascendant without any type of birth time indication. In fact, as this was shown, its been the case since the dawn of astrology."

First of all, the dawn of astrology goes back to Sumer, not horoscopic astrology, and there is some debate as to whether horary was practiced by Hellenistic astrologers.
From your post #6:
I could excerpt more of your comparable posts indicating that you denied the existence of rectification without a birth time estimate, but the main thing is that you accept its existence now.
If you are talking about what I wrote, let me simply explain:

The 2nd post and all those other are about the definition of the word rectification, which means to "adjust" the ascendant, not finding. If you don't have an Ascendant to begin, then by definition you are not "adjusting" the ascendant, you are simply searching for it.



Regarding getting a blind chart, I stand that a method by itself is imposible (it isn't accurate) given that it isn't reliable. That doesn't imply you can "shoot in the dark" and get it, which is the process that seems to be promoted.

Given that a chart based on personality and events without a start point is based on assumption, you can always come to 3 or 4 different charts with different ascendants, so the accuracy of the method is unreliable. Thus, in my opinion, its not a proper or functional method, its just an educated guess.

If something is not accurate and not reliable, it essentially doesn't work.

Quote:

Generous of you. The problem, however, is that the best you can say about any rectification is that one cannot say with certainty or "proof" whether it is correct or not, because even if we have an official birth record, it could be wrong. Let's put the "burden of proof" on you, and ask you to demonstrate with hard evidence, that 24-hour rectification is worthless. This wouldn't be on the basis of your logic, but on the basis of facts.

Maybe the best we can do, as per Bernadette Brady's technical article linked above, is to find a chart that is radical.

Dirius, Bob and I have linked or shown you many specific examples of rectification methods. What parts of these sources didn't you read? I am not going to type out the code of someone else's software program, cite verbatim a 300-page book, or duplicate an extensive thread from Astrodienst. Are you able to follow Bob's posts? But I draw my own conclusions from your (a) refusal to read or acknowledge sources with extensive information on methodology, followed by (b) your assertion that such sources somehow don't exist.

Steven Forrest and Chris Brennan certainly described their methods in sufficient detail for anyone to follow them.

Your strategy of drawing assumptions out of thin air about professional astrologers is equally unsubstantiated. I asked if you had ever attempted rectification, even with a birth time estimate. Silence. I asked if you have any idea of how time- and energy-consuming rectification is? Silence. So you try your hand at a few rectifications yourself, Dirius, then let's talk.
I'm not drawing assumptions out of thin air, but rather basing myself on the validity of those comments. As I stated, an author's comments are just opinions. I know how time consuming can rectification be, but its just as much time consuming as any other astrological interpretation, thus not an excuse.

You've given these authors opinion, but still no method. Their website offers a few "tips" for any type of rectification, nothing more. If the authors don't really validate their statements, we can only take them as simple opinions.

I could try hand at a few rectifications if you want, but what would be the point of doing a normal rectification with a time of birth? -
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 09-17-2015 at 08:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (09-17-2015), Oddity (09-22-2015)
  #133  
Unread 09-17-2015, 11:51 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,357
Re: What is chart rectification?

[deleted attacking comments by request - Moderator]

Rectification technique developed by another astrologer who has conducted 40 years of research
may be of interest

i.e.



QUOTE

'...physical appearance can vary drastically from one decanate to the next reliance on the birth time alone for chart accuracy is simply not possible...I use True Solar Arc Directions for rectification which gives me the correct degree and minute of the ascendant, after using a rectification graph…This results in a birth time accurate to the nearest second of time. Directions date physical events…95% of charts calculated based of client's given birth time were in fact rounded off to the nearest half hour. Armed with this knowledge, I was able to MAKE sense of a tangled situation...' RON BIPPUS


PHYSICAL APPEARANCE INDICATORS
http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html



[edited quote over 100 words against Forum rules - Moderator]
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by wilsontc; 09-17-2015 at 03:09 PM. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Dirius (09-17-2015)
  #134  
Unread 09-17-2015, 09:20 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,277
Re: What is chart rectification?

Dirius, I have a lot of patience, but it isn't limitless.

Since your definition of rectification is a moving target, there's no point in discussing a definition at Time A, because by Time B, C, or D, you've changed your definition to claim you meant something else all along, like "blind" rectification being practiced since the dawn of astrology.

You either don't read the evidence contrary to your views, or if you do, you put a spin on it that is simply unsubstantiated by the articles/books/posts themselves and is merely your conjecture presented as fact.

I know that you don't rectify charts or haven't rectified many because if you did, you wouldn't say that it takes about as much time as horoscope-reading, or ask about software that you hadn't heard of. You would have given us some examples of your work using a near-birth time, as you argue that rectification is possible with a good birth time or estimate.

You have been presented with several rectification methods, most immediately by unique_astrology; yet you decline to acknowledge them. Why don't you follow his work step-by-step, and then critique his method-- if you have the background to do so? I know why you don't, but it would be instructive for you to say it.

You made up your mind about rectification long before you chimed in here, and no amount of evidence is going to change it. Under the circumstances, I suggest you simply take the last word, as that is clearly what you want here.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Unread 09-18-2015, 08:35 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,565
Re: What is chart rectification?

Not all waybread, my mind isn't made up as you may think, but rather still hoping to see a glimpse of valid evidence to support the rectification method with proof of its reliability.

To me the proof of concept requires a standard of accuracy provided by the astrological methods. I suppose I held astrology in high regard, and expect techniques to provide verifiable results for people. But this is my personal opinion on how astrology should be treated, something that can be tested. I do not deny the existence of a method that could possibily have mix results of certain succes percentege, but I do question the reliability of such methods. Most of the evidence and concepts presented are methods with unreliable results, or the comments of authors that do not provide a valid method, but rather a simple opinion.

The most important thing to me is results. When I question another astrologer is because of the results a method can achieve, which is a fairly valid topic of discussion for a forum about astrological technique. I don't demean them based on expertise or nationality (like it was done to me on this thread).

Quote:
I know that you don't rectify charts or haven't rectified many because if you did, you wouldn't say that it takes about as much time as horoscope-reading, or ask about software that you hadn't heard of.
If this is what you wish to believe waybread, you are free to do so. I do rectify charts. I didn't offer to do one, because normal rectification wasn't the point of the thread.

Please stop doing this. Getting personal doesn't help the argument of the thread.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 09-18-2015 at 01:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (09-18-2015), Oddity (09-18-2015)
  #136  
Unread 09-18-2015, 09:13 AM
Arena Arena is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,138
Re: What is chart rectification?

Can we put up a challenge of rectification of a person I know that is not a famous person? I will not reveal the hours in question until after the challenge. It will not be as time consuming as 24 hours rectification, it is a question of about 2 hours interval. I do believe I have already come to a good conclusion, I have been trying to do that myself, and your methods and trials might actually help me a lot. But I understand if you do not want to.

I know that hospital records and mother's memory do not match. I would be curious to see what time you guys would rectify this person's chart to.

I can put the data into Caprising's thread about rectification if you are up for this one.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Unread 09-18-2015, 09:39 AM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: What is chart rectification?

Whether rectification working from a memory of the approximate time might work was never the argument.

The argument was whether rectification of the chart of an unknown person with no known birth time is possible, especially when you're working from only one life event.

Then it got changed to whether 24-hour rectification is accurate.

I don't think rectifying your friend's chart within a couple of hours would help much, unless you need a refresher on the process. There's a thread somewhere in here that goes through a lot of the processes, btw, but I'm not sure where it is.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
Dirius (09-18-2015), JUPITERASC (09-18-2015)
  #138  
Unread 09-18-2015, 12:16 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,565
Re: What is chart rectification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena View Post
Can we put up a challenge of rectification of a person I know that is not a famous person? I will not reveal the hours in question until after the challenge. It will not be as time consuming as 24 hours rectification, it is a question of about 2 hours interval. I do believe I have already come to a good conclusion, I have been trying to do that myself, and your methods and trials might actually help me a lot. But I understand if you do not want to.

I know that hospital records and mother's memory do not match. I would be curious to see what time you guys would rectify this person's chart to.

I can put the data into Caprising's thread about rectification if you are up for this one.
But that situation would imply a time frame to start with. Not exactly the objective of the thread-

Obviously its a fun, but as I say, not the point.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 09-18-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (09-18-2015), Oddity (09-18-2015)
  #139  
Unread 09-18-2015, 12:19 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,565
Re: What is chart rectification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
The argument was whether rectification of the chart of an unknown person with no known birth time is possible, especially when you're working from only one life event.

Then it got changed to whether 24-hour rectification is accurate.
Exactly the point. The origin of the discussion was a birth chart that had the day of birth as the only indicator.

Didn't even have many events to begin with.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (09-18-2015), Oddity (09-18-2015)
  #140  
Unread 09-18-2015, 12:48 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,357
Re: What is chart rectification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post

Whether rectification working from a memory of the approximate time might work was never the argument.

The argument was whether rectification of the chart of an unknown person with no known birth time is possible,

especially when you're working from only one life event.

Then it got changed to whether 24-hour rectification is accurate.

I don't think rectifying your friend's chart within a couple of hours would help much,
unless you need a refresher on the process.

There's a thread somewhere in here
that goes through a lot of the processes
, btw,


but I'm not sure where it is
.
Oddity perhaps the thread you refer to is "Rectification Tips
- Verifying Ascendant/Descendant/MC/IC angles"
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=51626
thread commenced 26 June 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post

To answer your question, Bob, JA and Dirius do not have experience in chart rectification.
That baseless remark
is refuted by the thread I just referenced above


Interestingly, on that thread the most recent commentary reads as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg1982 View Post

Thanks for that,
I am not sure how accurate it would be in my case.
I was born at 8 months..
it makes me doubt the results...


Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post


study the complete detailed instructions
on precisely how to calculate
the pre-natal Epoch Rectification Method

FOR FREE at
http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm
in particular read the entire article
especially the variables


on 26 June 2015 ~ precisely three years to the exact date of commencement of the thread
jg1982 commented as follows

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg1982 View Post

Jupiter,

I actually found an old thread in which we had this conversation

I actually made the calculation and it was indeed accurate.

The formula is sound
.

However, the calculation leans towards the 9:14 am birth time,
while a rising sign study of physical appearance leans towards 8:50 am birth time
.

Still working on this..
.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 09-18-2015 at 01:03 PM. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Dirius (09-18-2015), Oddity (09-18-2015)
  #141  
Unread 09-20-2015, 02:50 PM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,732
Re: What is chart rectification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
The answer, I have at last concluded, is that Dirius will accept nothing as evidence (never mind "proof") that contradicts his preconceived beliefs

Dirius, I gave you good examples. I didn't anticipate that you would misinterpret them, however.

Dirius, I put it to you in all seriousness that trying to convince you of the facts of the matter are a waste of time.

[deleted personal comment by request - Moderator]
If it's not clear what is considered evidence or proof, then it isn't clear what's actually been argued.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #142  
Unread 09-20-2015, 03:07 PM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,732
Re: What is chart rectification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
I never denied that astrologers have attempted methods that try to find the correct Ascendant without any type of birth time indication. In fact, as this was shown, its been the case since the dawn of astrology.

I merely comment that those methods are unreliable, and as a start fail on many concepts, they don't guarantee an accurate chart, nor do they provide good results. There are too many factors involved that make these methods a failure more often than not.

Usually when a method is unreliable and does not posses a high succes rate, the technical defintion is that they "do not functionally work". And thus, are usually discarded. Anyone is free to use them though.



An author's opinion, is just that, an opinion. If they do not show the method working, its nothing more than a "take my word for it" statement.

The fact that they do not practice rectification is not an encouraging factor when analyzing those comments. If the authors would at least make an offer to do the method, would be evidence that they can validate those statements through their actions. Given that they do not, all that can be taken from their statement, is that its nothing more than an opinion, and not an actual method.
I don't think it's that simple. The way I see it, chart rectification is nothing else but reverse engineering a natal chart reading. Which means the more reading material you have, the easier it is. It's similar to looking at a Lego house and then trying to draw the instructions manual based on the real thing right before your eyes. It's going to be easy if you can look at the real thing from every possible angle. But it's going to be impossible if you've only got a blurry image of the kitchen window to work with, no matter how skilled you are. There's a basic set of information that is required to make a method work. If that information is not there, then it's not the method that's to blame.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #143  
Unread 09-20-2015, 03:22 PM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,732
Re: What is chart rectification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
The argument was whether rectification of the chart of an unknown person with no known birth time is possible, especially when you're working from only one life event.
If what is known is really just the day of birth and only one life event and not even a photo available, then I'd say the answer is no. And I think we are all in agreement about that already. If the information is sufficient enough, then it's possible, of course. And depending on how the chart that has to be rectified looks like and the method employed, 'sufficient' can mean many different things. Some charts are easier than others.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #144  
Unread 09-21-2015, 12:34 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,357
Re: What is chart rectification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post

If what is known is really just the day of birth and only one life event and not even a photo available, then I'd say the answer is no.
And I think we are all in agreement about that already.
If you read the thread
the disagreement on this thread is
that some claim
just the day of birth and only one or two life events
IS sufficient data for chart rectification
while others are in disagreement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post

Exactly the point.
The origin of the discussion was a birth chart that had the day of birth as the only indicator.


Didn't even have many events to begin with.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chart, rectification

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.