Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Unread 05-10-2015, 05:06 AM
Slenkar Slenkar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 620
Re: Seeking New Career

you dont have any ideas for websites or youtube videos?

(uranus on midheaven)

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 05-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,658
Re: Seeking New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slenkar View Post
you dont have any ideas for websites or youtube videos?

(uranus on midheaven)
That's not a career.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 05-16-2015, 04:53 PM
ukdesifem's Avatar
ukdesifem ukdesifem is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 722
Re: Seeking New Career

Uranus at your MC means your career and life are in fluxx. You need a change and now is time to capitalise on it.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 05-16-2015, 08:53 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,658
Re: Seeking New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdesifem View Post
Uranus at your MC means your career and life are in fluxx. You need a change and now is time to capitalise on it.
But what kind of change, and how can I capitalize on it?

And Uranus isn't transiting my MC, it's at the MC in my natal chart. But career and life being in flux is situational, not inborn. So what does natal Uranus at the MC have to do with needing a change right now?

Last edited by Osamenor; 05-17-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 06-05-2015, 10:38 PM
Slenkar Slenkar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 620
Re: Seeking New Career

you have jupiter pretty close to 4th house cusp
ever thought of going into real estate?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 06-06-2015, 08:23 AM
urano urano is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 338
Re: Seeking New Career

Interesting thread, I will read it the entire. If I have some ideas about this, I will post.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 06-06-2015, 05:32 PM
urano urano is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 338
Re: Seeking New Career

Hello Osamenor,
Oddity said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
The problem is that 4-8-12 are not generally fortunate houses, though 4 does have some fortunate qualities and at least is strong. 8 is a notoriously difficult house for planets to manifest through (it rules death, and is considered an 'idle place' for planets within), and 12 has to do with isolation, illness, enemies, and self-undoing. Those are the primary meanings anyway.
Do you think that a work alongside older adults at the end of life could be something conceivable for you?
Capricorn rising and Saturn in the 7th house (older adults or underprivileged ones), the 8th house (death), the 4th house (the latter part of life), the 12th house (old people's homes). We can find a same type of thematic...

I admit I don’t see innovativeness (Uranus) here, nevertheless you could find a kind of structure, the quiet and silent environment you need.

Last edited by urano; 06-06-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to urano For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (06-09-2015)
  #33  
Unread 06-07-2015, 04:19 AM
urano urano is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 338
Re: Seeking New Career

However, to work alongside old people at the end of life could be depressing, I am aware of it.
Uranus is powerful in your chart and certainly we donĎt have to ignore it. In the 10th house in conjunction with the Midheaven it is also in sextile aspect with your AS. It is also the modern ruler of your 2nd house.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to urano For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (06-07-2015)
  #34  
Unread 06-07-2015, 09:33 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,658
Re: Seeking New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by urano View Post
Hello Osamenor,

Do you think that a work alongside older adults at the end of life could be something conceivable for you?
Capricorn rising and Saturn in the 7th house (older adults or underprivileged ones), the 8th house (death), the 4th house (the latter part of life), the 12th house (old people's homes). We can find a same type of thematic...
I have, in fact, done some jobs along those lines. I worked in a nursing home (kitchen staff) to make money when I was in school, and I also worked at a group home for the developmentally disabled for a while. Of those groups, the one I like best is the developmentally disabled--they tend to be such interesting people! But being a caregiver is not something I can do in the long run. Too little variety and too much intense focus on someone's basic needs. Those jobs don't pay enough, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urano View Post
I admit I don’t see innovativeness (Uranus) here, nevertheless you could find a kind of structure, the quiet and silent environment you need.
I don't need that kind of quiet and silent environment. I only need a quiet and silent environment to do work that requires mental concentration, such as reading, writing, paperwork, taxes, that kind of thing. That's what makes most office jobs so problematic for me: they tend to expect you to do that kind of work in a busy, noisy office.

Last edited by Osamenor; 06-07-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 06-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,658
Re: Seeking New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by urano View Post
Uranus is powerful in your chart and certainly we donĎt have to ignore it. In the 10th house in conjunction with the Midheaven it is also in sextile aspect with your AS. It is also the modern ruler of your 2nd house.
Indeed. I'm aware of all that. Didn't think about the AS sextile until recently, because it's out of sign, but the orb is pretty tight. And if a seven degree orb is considered, it also has a sextile aspect with my sun.

Because it is so powerful, and conjunct my MC and ruler of my second house, I would think it would have strong career implications. How, I wonder, does that tie in with the land implication of Jupiter and Part of Fortune on the DC?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 06-08-2015, 03:00 PM
urano urano is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 338
Re: Seeking New Career

Your Sun seems to me important, because of its own symbolism about career (Oddity already said this in your thread) and also because it is in sextile aspect with your MC. As well in your chart it is in its domicile! Great!

Considering things said in this thread, I think the relevant points are:
-Uranus in the 10th (Libra), Lord 2 (modern)
-Sun in the 8th (Leo) and Lord 8
-Jupiter in the 4th (Aries) and Lord 12 and 3
Fire element seems dominant here, as well cardinal mode. It should be note that Jupiter is in trine aspect with your Sun.
Do you have some relevant associations of ideas with this points?

Concerning the land, just a question: is your location wellknown for something especially?
For example, very often a region is renowned for something typical: a dish, a specific fruit production, cereal, or alternatively a location can be renowned for something else like water-cure, etc. I donít know exactly but often itís something traditional, related to the history of the site.
Is this interesting to take into account? Some ideas?
From my part I canít see the whole picture because there are too many things I donít really know and I donít live in US!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to urano For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (06-09-2015)
  #37  
Unread 06-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,658
Re: Seeking New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by urano View Post
Your Sun seems to me important, because of its own symbolism about career (Oddity already said this in your thread) and also because it is in sextile aspect with your MC. As well in your chart it is in its domicile! Great!

Considering things said in this thread, I think the relevant points are:
-Uranus in the 10th (Libra), Lord 2 (modern)
-Sun in the 8th (Leo) and Lord 8
-Jupiter in the 4th (Aries) and Lord 12 and 3
Fire element seems dominant here, as well cardinal mode. It should be note that Jupiter is in trine aspect with your Sun.
Do you have some relevant associations of ideas with this points?
All I know is that cardinal energy is good for starting things, and so is fire. I'm not sure whether my chart is more cardinal or more mutable, or an even balance, but it's definitely one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urano View Post
Concerning the land, just a question: is your location wellknown for something especially?
For example, very often a region is renowned for something typical: a dish, a specific fruit production, cereal, or alternatively a location can be renowned for something else like water-cure, etc. I don’t know exactly but often it’s something traditional, related to the history of the site.
Is this interesting to take into account? Some ideas?
From my part I can’t see the whole picture because there are too many things I don’t really know and I don’t live in US!
That kind of traditional doesn't really exist in America. We're a nation of displaced people. Except for the Native Americans, who got displaced from their land by the European settlers, everyone here came from somewhere else. If not you personally, then your ancestors did, and probably not too many generations back, either. We're all descendants of refugees, or kidnapped slaves, or people driven from their land by poverty or big land grabs. I'm an old blood American: my most recent immigrant ancestor was my great-great grandfather from Germany. Many Americans have more recent immigrations in their family trees.

That's especially true where I'm from, in fact; there are lots and lots of first and second generation immigrants here. And I am the first in my family to be born in this location--my parents both came from entirely different parts of the country. That, too, is typical for Americans. Very few live out their lives where they were born. Most of us live in multiple states within our lifetimes, and to put it in perspective, most of the US states are comparable in size to European countries. I've lived in a couple of other states myself.

What traditions we have related to specific locations are never more than a century or two old, often not even that. Most of the regional dishes and regional attractions are tourist traps, not staples of daily life.

The closest we get here to what you're describing is probably our national parks. As a matter of fact, I wanted to be a park ranger when I was younger, but because I'm dyspraxic, I was excluded from a wilderness education program that would have been the first step, which made me feel I couldn't pursue anything like that.

Last edited by Osamenor; 06-09-2015 at 03:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 06-09-2015, 09:19 PM
wilsontc's Avatar
wilsontc wilsontc is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,687
No one has to reply to your suggestions

All,

You can make any astro-suggestions you want, but the OP is NOT obliged to respond in any way. The decision to follow up or not follow up with a suggestion is entirely up to the OP.

Back to astrology,

Tim
__________________
To learn basic astrological chart interpretation for your chart see:
http://learnaboutyourastrochart.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsontc For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (06-09-2015)
  #39  
Unread 06-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,658
Re: Seeking New Career

Tim, I appreciate you stepping in, but I have just one quibble: you deleted a post in which I laid out some requests that I really, really need people to respect when they're posting in this thread. Given the way that conversation went, I'm not saying you were wrong to delete it, but I have gotten some responses here that I found extremely unhelpful, and I need to make it clear what I need:

I'm not looking for specific job suggestions so much as I'm looking for help interpreting my own chart for career indicators. I really, really, REALLY don't want anyone saying, "Why don't you do x?" without also telling me something about how that fits with the gestalt of my chart. I need responses that consider the big picture, not just "Uranus at the midheaven means you should do this, Jupiter means you should do that," and certainly not "Try this job!" without astrological input based on your own reasonably in depth interpretation. For those of you who understand how to do that, I appreciate your input. For anyone who does not, this thread isn't the place to post.

Furthermore, I only want to hear from people who take the time to read the previous posts in this thread and understand the direction this conversation has gone in before they post, and take into consideration what has already been said. There are several posts in here that don't fit that bill.

Finally, I want to again thank the only people who so far have stepped up to the plate and given me the kind of response I'm looking for: Oddity and urano. Even if I don't agree with every last little detail in some of those posts (which should be obvious if reading back over the thread!) you guys did give me some in depth interpretation considering the chart as a whole, from whatever school of astrology you're following, and helped me get some of the perspective I need. I look forward to hearing more from you and/or anyone else who can give that kind of response.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 01-12-2016, 12:19 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,658
Re: Seeking New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
If we look at your exaltation ruler, Saturn, it's angular and sees the MC, but it's in detriment in Cancer, squaring both Jupiter and the MC. Blech. Don't go for business partners, that would be a very difficult situation for you.

...As to the Saturn stuff, it just looks nasty to me, again, from a practical perspective. It can play out any number of ways, but when I see a detrimented Saturn in 7, squaring the MC no less, and Saturn's dispositor in 12, I tend to see stories like partners becoming incapacitated through serious illness, confinement, that sort of thing. It won't necessarily play out that particular way (but I've seen it happen that way a lot), and it isn't your fault. It's just something that has a high probability of not working out well for you. Not something you're doing, or wishing on yourself or anyone else.
I want to revisit this bit about business partners, because I've studied my chart more in relation to this, and I'm wondering if....

Does this business partners stuff mean one-on-one partnerships specifically? Would it also apply to work in group settings that are not quite the same as business partnerships? For instance, belonging to a guild... or, in modern times, a worker-owned co-op. Would those kinds of arrangements also be ruled by the seventh house, and, in my case, involve Saturn? Or would that fall somewhere else--the eleventh, for instance?

I am looking for a traditional perspective on this question. (Surprise, surprise... I backtracked!) Based on a modern interpretation of my chart... and some of this came from a professional astrologer, it isn't just me... collective work does seem to look good, and my personal experience is starting to bear that out. But is there anything in my chart, from a traditional perspective, that would match that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Jupiter is the benefic of sect in your chart (it's more helpful than Venus, because you were born in the daytime and Jupiter is a diurnal planet). It's got some essential dignity (the ability to act like Jupiter), and it's got some accidental dignity, so it does have the opportunity to act pretty strongly, because it's on the IC. And it's got those lovely trines to Sun and moon going. Sun is a natural significator of honours and profession, so that's a nice tie-in.

It's opposed to the MC, but the IC can bring wealth, too. In the old days, currency wasn't that important - you could become quite wealthy by land, and traditionally, that was the major route to wealth. Jupiter/Fortuna/IC signifies that, but in our day, that's going to involve money as well.

As luck would have it, Jupiter is a natural significator of wealth. So is Fortuna.

...And you need structure. Any chance that there's a nursery, greenhouse, somewhere like that, that could use some help in your area? It would be a start.

In astrology, I would look to pick up planetary days and hours, and the rulerships of various plants and herbs, medical and magical both, as a way in to this. It's not a horribly difficult study.
I've been back to this part of the conversation several times, too, because the part about land was the real spark. Ever since then, I've tried to figure out how I could get my hands in the dirt (literally!) and work with plants day-to-day. Nothing panned out there, although I did find some paying work, which is similar to work I did in the past and thought I'd had enough of... and surprisingly, I like it. However, I like it even more when I'm keeping my fingers in multiple pies and not trying to make it my main focus (perhaps a result of having my planets so spread out?).

Then, just over a month ago, I received an email about a new nine month herbalism program. I know one of the teachers casually (she's the one who sent me the email), and I knew she was an herbalist but didn't know she was involved in formal teaching... in any case, it came right before the deadline for applications, I had an instant gut feeling that was the place for me... and, long story short, I'm starting the program next month. Despite the last minute rush to meet the deadline and the financial gymnastics I'm having to play to make it work.

It will include lots of work experience, new connections... and one of the optional classes is herbs and astrology.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
katydid (01-12-2016)
  #41  
Unread 01-12-2016, 01:15 AM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Seeking New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Usual story for this board: I'm seeking a new career... not that I've really had an old one! I've had lots of jobs but never felt I could make a real career out of any of them. I have a liberal arts bachelor's degree and absolutely no interest in graduate school, although I wouldn't mind taking a class or short training program if it were something I was interested in and I had the means to do it.

What I've gotten from previous analyses of my chart is that Uranus at the midheaven needs lots of variety (true for me), sixth house cusp in Gemini indicates impatience with routines and abilities for teaching, speaking, and/or writing (somewhat true for me), and second house cusp in Aquarius, coupled with Uranus at the midheaven, suggests unusual ways of making money. Nothing I've ever had any interest in doing has made enough money, though, which really leaves me stuck. One reason why I can't move forward is every step I can think of to take requires money that I don't have and can't acquire without first moving forward. I can't move forward without money, and I can't get money without moving forward.

Here's what else I require from any job, and I've never been able to find anything that meets these requirements: I completely lack the ability to multitask, I can't do anything that requires concentration, ie paperwork, unless I'm in a completely silent and distraction free environment, and while I absolutely have to have structure to be able to work, I completely lack the ability to create structure for myself. So I need structure created for me, but not rigid structure, no multitasking expected of me, and a distraction free environment if I'm expected to do any office-type work. I can't work under pressure, either. I also need ample physical movement, preferably outdoors.

So what could possibly give me the variety I need, and expectations appropriate for my abilities, and decent to excellent pay... and be suitable with my birth chart?
Hello -

Ruler of MC is Venus and located in 8th house conjunct Mercury. Venus squares Moon in 12th - so your natural inclinations will not feel emotionally gratifying because of that grand trine of sun moon jupiter.

Moon rules 7th house though and Saturn in it - which trines Mars in 6th - you have the ability to suceed at gritty work.

Have you ever considered estate sales or deconstruction of homes to preserve historical building materials?

2nd house ruler Uranus of "stuff" and building materials is on 10th. Consider yourself an historic preservationist.

Making money off of other people's stuff who've passed on Moon 12th trine Sun 8th - and Merc Venus already waiting there to get the cash.

Any square of Merc Venus in a chart is harmless - in 8th? it just means you have to smile and look pretty while you take the cash of buttholes who want to talk you down in price.

Jupitr at 4th IC shows you love old stuff - history - you get pleasure/bounty from it. Especially in grand trine from 4th 8th 12th.

Last edited by Kitchy; 01-12-2016 at 01:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (01-12-2016)
  #42  
Unread 01-12-2016, 01:32 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,804
Re: Seeking New Career

I love the idea of taking an herbology class. I think that is perfect for your Part of Fortune, Jupiter and IC connection. And it can incorporate your knowledge of Astrology down the line. And maybe eventually the study of healing/herbs/astrology.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (01-12-2016)
  #43  
Unread 01-12-2016, 03:35 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,658
Re: Seeking New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
Hello -

Ruler of MC is Venus and located in 8th house conjunct Mercury. Venus squares Moon in 12th - so your natural inclinations will not feel emotionally gratifying because of that grand trine of sun moon jupiter.

Moon rules 7th house though and Saturn in it - which trines Mars in 6th - you have the ability to suceed at gritty work.

Have you ever considered estate sales or deconstruction of homes to preserve historical building materials?

2nd house ruler Uranus of "stuff" and building materials is on 10th. Consider yourself an historic preservationist.

Making money off of other people's stuff who've passed on Moon 12th trine Sun 8th - and Merc Venus already waiting there to get the cash.

Any square of Merc Venus in a chart is harmless - in 8th? it just means you have to smile and look pretty while you take the cash of buttholes who want to talk you down in price.

Jupitr at 4th IC shows you love old stuff - history - you get pleasure/bounty from it. Especially in grand trine from 4th 8th 12th.
Interesting take. I don't know if you read the other posts in this thread... can't quite tell from your response here... but if you did, you would see I have made a new choice.

However, it's interesting that you mention "gritty work." I can certainly handle that, done it before, just need something more than plain old gritty work. Also interesting what you say about history. I do find history very, very fascinating.

Dealing with old stuff isn't my cup of tea, though. I had a boyfriend who loved antiquing, and that just bored me to tears. On the other hand, when he showed me artifacts he'd found (he was an archaeologist) and told me stories about them, that caught my attention.

When it comes to history, I'm much more about the ideas than the literal preservation of stuff.

I see that coming out, though, in the herbalism course I'm about to do. Part of it deals with learning something about your ancestral traditions, whatever they may be, and herbs associated with them. And herbalism itself is as old as humanity, only modern medicine tends to discredit it, so in that respect, being an herbalist means reclaiming and preserving something old.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 01-12-2016, 04:15 AM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Seeking New Career

Hello Oso -

No, I never read the other posts until after I answer the original post. Too much distraction from what I sense and imagine. I read them following.

So, are you asking what new career will work for you or are you seeking new career in something you imagine you'd love to do?

As long as it pertains to history, preservation and honoring the 'dead' - you will find success - education, conservation, curation - you will succeed.

If you are truly interested in herbology and medicinal - then you might consider Chinese Medicine - at any age - it is an acceptable learning environment for mid-life students. Double down on your studies though - because millineums are much harder to absorb than a couple of centuries of knowledge and practice.

I believe you are meant to make money, though, with that grand trine and its related aspects - through preservation of the past. As long as you stick with that - you will find your success.

However you find it -

Last edited by Kitchy; 01-12-2016 at 04:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (01-12-2016)
  #45  
Unread 01-12-2016, 04:32 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,658
Re: Seeking New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
Hello Oso -

No, I never read the other posts until after I answer the original post. Too much distraction from what I sense and imagine. I read them following.

So, are you asking what new career will work for you or are you seeking new career in something you imagine you'd love to do? -
That's what I was asking when I started the thread--both of those things. That last post I made was a follow up, to let those who advised me previously know what I'd done with their advice, and see if I could get clarification on some points.

For exactly that reason, I really want people to read the previous posts in my threads before they post in them, especially if, like in this one, it's been many months and/or many posts since the thread began. The discussion could have taken twists and turns, and there could be entirely new developments, and what you would think from reading just the first post may no longer be true.

That said, I like what you said about history. I'm glad you said it after I'd gone through all that "land" discussion and made my decision, though, because it would've probably felt wrong to me before. Now that I am on a path, I can see how history relates to it, it's just not quite what you imagined.

Last edited by Osamenor; 01-12-2016 at 06:41 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 01-12-2016, 04:37 AM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Seeking New Career

Good wishes for your new venture.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (01-12-2016)
  #47  
Unread 01-12-2016, 04:45 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,658
Re: Seeking New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
As long as it pertains to history, preservation and honoring the 'dead' - you will find success - education, conservation, curation - you will succeed.
Interesting. Did you read my mention that I worked in environmental education before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
If you are truly interested in herbology and medicinal - then you might consider Chinese Medicine - at any age - it is an acceptable learning environment for mid-life students. Double down on your studies though - because millineums are much harder to absorb than a couple of centuries of knowledge and practice.
Actually, what's taught as "traditional Chinese medicine" today is only as old as the Cultural Revolution of the mid twentieth century. At that time, the Communists condensed various bodies of traditional knowledge, and marketed that as China at its best. That was a dumbing down of millennia of knowledge into a kind of "Reader's Digest" version. It's based on more ancient practices, yes, but in and of itself, still quite new.

The course I'm about to take includes multiple herbalism traditions, from multiple cultures. Chinese is one of them, but not the only. More a melting pot kind of herbalism, suited for a diverse modern America.

With good longevity genes--which both sides of my family have--and luck, I might have another 40 years to learn and practice herbalism. In that case, I might become a junior expert on something someday! Really, it takes more than a lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
I believe you are meant to make money, though, with that grand trine and its related aspects - through preservation of the past. As long as you stick with that - you will find your success.

However you find it -
Good advice. I'll keep that in mind!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Kitchy (01-12-2016)
  #48  
Unread 01-12-2016, 04:37 PM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,732
Re: Seeking New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Usual story for this board: I'm seeking a new career... not that I've really had an old one! I've had lots of jobs but never felt I could make a real career out of any of them. I have a liberal arts bachelor's degree and absolutely no interest in graduate school, although I wouldn't mind taking a class or short training program if it were something I was interested in and I had the means to do it.

What I've gotten from previous analyses of my chart is that Uranus at the midheaven needs lots of variety (true for me), sixth house cusp in Gemini indicates impatience with routines and abilities for teaching, speaking, and/or writing (somewhat true for me), and second house cusp in Aquarius, coupled with Uranus at the midheaven, suggests unusual ways of making money. Nothing I've ever had any interest in doing has made enough money, though, which really leaves me stuck. One reason why I can't move forward is every step I can think of to take requires money that I don't have and can't acquire without first moving forward. I can't move forward without money, and I can't get money without moving forward.

Here's what else I require from any job, and I've never been able to find anything that meets these requirements: I completely lack the ability to multitask, I can't do anything that requires concentration, ie paperwork, unless I'm in a completely silent and distraction free environment, and while I absolutely have to have structure to be able to work, I completely lack the ability to create structure for myself. So I need structure created for me, but not rigid structure, no multitasking expected of me, and a distraction free environment if I'm expected to do any office-type work. I can't work under pressure, either. I also need ample physical movement, preferably outdoors.

So what could possibly give me the variety I need, and expectations appropriate for my abilities, and decent to excellent pay... and be suitable with my birth chart?
Well, that's an easy one, (using whole sign houses) Sun as ruler of 8th in 8th, Pluto and Uranus in 10th, ruler of 10th in 9th, Moon with Neptune in the 12th in Sagittarius... looks like a career in what you're already doing here on the forum, duh.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 01-12-2016, 06:04 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,658
Re: Seeking New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post
Well, that's an easy one, (using whole sign houses) Sun as ruler of 8th in 8th, Pluto and Uranus in 10th, ruler of 10th in 9th, Moon with Neptune in the 12th in Sagittarius... looks like a career in what you're already doing here on the forum, duh.
Again, please read the previous posts before you make a post! If you did that, you would know that I'm no longer asking for the kind of advice I was asking for when I started the thread.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 01-13-2016, 01:45 AM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,732
Re: Seeking New Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Again, please read the previous posts before you make a post! If you did that, you would know that I'm no longer asking for the kind of advice I was asking for when I started the thread.
Wow, that's pretty rude. I didn't see that request in your OP (because there wasn't any). You can't expect people to always read the entire thread or even expect them to comply with a request you've buried somewhere in the middle. Given your OP my reply is perfectly reasonable. I see you've edited your OP now. You should have done that earlier. No need to blame others for your own shortcomings.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
career, seeking

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.