Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Recommendations

Recommendations Looking for advice and suggestions on books, websites, programs, professionals, organizations, or anything else related to astrology? Ask and share your opinions here.

Unread 10-22-2008, 03:08 PM

Re: Astrology Software

Anyone get Astrolog to run with Windows Vista Home Edition OS?

If so what do I need to know to get it running?

TIA

Unread 10-24-2008, 05:23 AM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

SagMoon

get astrowin...

it works with everything!

Tik
Unread 11-09-2008, 01:40 AM

Thumbs up Re: Astrology Software

Canopus, which Radu mentioned a while ago, and which starbuck couldn't find, apparently doesn't exist any more.

Instead, they (Clairvision School) have a free online software - called Clairvision Virtual Astrologer.

http://astrology.clairvision.org

I've used it a few times, it's really good, heaps of features, including a great interpretation that you can download as a pdf. One thing I like is that in a natal chart, you can click on a planet and get a pop-up just about that planet.

There are heaps, like heaps of options - so if you don't know which item to choose on any menu, pick the one at the top.

The site also has a bunch of slide show lessons for free. The first one is an intro to using the program.
Unread 12-30-2008, 12:44 AM

So thats why theres been something funky with my winstar. I haven't even bothered to install my win writer program, I have mostly been looking at astro.com for charts with progressions and or solar returns because I knew there was a problem with it, and it was ever sience we got the new computer!!(yes its Vista I was a saturnian cheapie) I may check out some of these above mentioned free sites thanks.
J.Lily
Unread 06-03-2009, 11:29 AM

Summer Joy

I was just going through your post for an astrology software. I know of one which is a very user friendly software and has longitude and latitudes of all major cities of the world and a provision to add more as well. It is baed on Indian Vedic Astrology and has detailed calculations, predictions, and various tools of astrology for prediction. I am enclosing a sample of the same also.

Abha
http://horoscope.futurepointindia.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sample.pdf (15.8 KB, 13 views)
Unread 06-19-2009, 07:09 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to balu

Try "jagannathahora", its a non-commercial freeware. I dont remember from which site i have downloaded it. well i think googling a bit might help you.
Unread 08-06-2009, 02:34 AM

Re: janus 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu View Post
Now is the time to download the 30 days free trial version of Janus 4, the new version of Janus, available now (since December). I totally loved Janus 3, I thought it's perfect, but Janus 4 gives even more.
www.astrology-house.com
I have Janus 4. I like it. I think that it is solid software for the price. It never crashes. It is accurate. It has a wide range of features.

There are a couple of little things that annoy me though. The main one being that you can't incorporate arabic parts into a chart. It will calculate lots of them and give you a table of their positions, but there is no way to visually incorporate the parts into a chart or see aspects related to the arabic parts.

Also, I wish the electional mode would let you specify more detailed parameters.

Overall, I'd give this software a solid B grade. But I'm ready for more bells and whistles so someday I will upgrade to either Kepler or Sirius.
Unread 11-20-2009, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu View Post
There is also Canopus, also free software, which comes with interpretations too. It is available here:
http://www.clairvision.org/ckb/ckbe/...22/Canopus.exe
I like it, it's really complex.
This link is not working anymore, Radu.

Unread 11-20-2009, 06:06 AM

i need software lal kitab enybody help me plz
Unread 11-25-2009, 03:13 AM

No one has mentioned starfisher free astrology software. It a total working program thats free. It seems to have a lot to offer a beginning and more advanced astrologer
Unread 12-21-2009, 06:50 PM

Lots of free software at:

http://www.astrowin.org/astrology_software.php
Unread 12-29-2009, 12:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to BOOGY99
free horary astrology software

Hi

I am now learning horary, i found this free download which may be of interest to people who are learning it.

not sure if it is any good yet, but thought i would like to share this.

Horary Helper

A Program for Horary Astrology

Spiritual astrology can help you understand yourself and others better. With greater understanding we can all get along much more harmoniously. This enhances the quality of life and helps our soul growth. If you would like a program that teaches and calculates data for horary astrology, then please download Horary Helper.
Horary Helper also has many tutorials on horary astrology.
NOTE: Download and double-click on Horary Helper to install the program.
Horary Helper v5.00, 1,662,273, 22 December 2009.

REVISION HISTORY

Version 5.00 - 22 Dec 2009
1. Released.

Birth Chart http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...pictureid=3691
Unread 12-29-2009, 06:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to BOOGY99

would like to know what people think of this soft ware, is it worth the download? xx xx

Birth Chart http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...pictureid=3691
Unread 02-16-2010, 11:11 AM

I am after free chart rectification software... any ideas?
Unread 02-16-2010, 11:49 AM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

there is a software called jigsaw but it is highly inaccurate... actually all rectification softwares are inaccurate .. this is something a human eye needs more than plug in formulas
Unread 02-17-2010, 12:51 AM

Its for my birth time I have 10.10am but I am thinking it may be between 10.05am and 10.10am. So I wanted to see what I would get with a software program.

Very important at the moment as I have T Uranus sextile MC, lol.

Is jigsaw free?
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:06 AM

----------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Mechanical Designs; 04-18-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Unread 02-17-2010, 03:06 AM

Thanks I will do some charts and see what i get.
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrie View Post
Very important at the moment as I have T Uranus sextile MC, lol.
I recall reading that Uranus is good for timing transits so that should be a big help to working it out but I guess you're looking at it with the aim of wanting to be proactive and predictive rather than waiting to see what happens!

As we know five mins can be quite a difference. That's a 2.5 degrees on my ascendent ... which was the difference between having Pluto trine it in Jan 2008 and Nov 2009 ...

Personally I'd use something like Astrolog to create six charts for each of the different times (10:05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10) and then keep an eye on when Uranus transits each of the midheavens. But I think even then timings can be affected/exacted by movements of other planets particularly the inner.
Unread 02-18-2010, 12:22 AM

Thanks I spent some time on it yesterday doing charts myself and instead of moving it back like I thought, the transits suited for me to move my chart forward 2 minutes. I would have liked to get my MC to 27'07... but the closest I could do with mintues was 27'01 (10.12am) or 27'15 (10.13am). I took the 27'01.
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:05 PM

WinStar Express is $69.95 for disc or download. I've used it for years. It does have the capability to enter your own latitude and longitude. I do it all the time. Plus, once you are a customer of Matrix Software you can call in for tech support. It's a very good beginner's program. It's now up to Version 3. http://www.astrologysoftware.com/sof...ress/index.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Hi Zen

Have you looked into WinStar express? This is often under $100 - they frequently have offers on like buy one get one free, that sort of thing.

www.matrixastrology.com or
www.astrologysoftware.com

Its easy to use, not too colourfull and not too expensive, either.

take care

hel
Unread 05-10-2010, 10:30 AM
eternalautumn

I'd like to suggest Morinus. It's a free download, you just need Python and a few other things on your computer, but the programmer explains everything pretty well on the page. It seems best for more advanced astrologers, but I'm sure newbies could use it too, with a little background knowledge of course. No bugs that I have noticed. It has a lot of great features for medieval and traditional astrologers as well. The one thing that irritated me is that you cannot have orbs set to greater than 17 degrees. This was frustrating as I wanted to set the Sun's orb to 18. But, really not that big of a deal. Has anyone else ever used this?
Unread 06-28-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalautumn View Post
I'd like to suggest Morinus. It's a free download, you just need Python and a few other things on your computer, but the programmer explains everything pretty well on the page. It seems best for more advanced astrologers, but I'm sure newbies could use it too, with a little background knowledge of course. No bugs that I have noticed. It has a lot of great features for medieval and traditional astrologers as well. The one thing that irritated me is that you cannot have orbs set to greater than 17 degrees. This was frustrating as I wanted to set the Sun's orb to 18. But, really not that big of a deal. Has anyone else ever used this?
You're right when you're right. I happen to be googling on Almuten when I came across this program, I was to say the least, pleasantly surprised. For those looking for a good nay excellent program, that does not need to be installed with many good features, this is the one. You can even throw it on a stick to try it out.
Unread 07-22-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sag Moon View Post
Anyone get Astrolog to run with Windows Vista Home Edition OS?

If so what do I need to know to get it running?

TIA

Can't see a reply but Vista allows you to run specific applications as if they were on an XP-compatible system. You just right-click the EXE application and look in the Properties.

Windows 7 also allows this functionality but trying to run Astrolog under either XP or Vista doesn't work, so I'm now looking around to see what else I can use.

Tags
astrology, interpretations, software, softwares