Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 01-25-2012, 05:47 AM

Re: Sidereal vs tropical

Right-many don't care for progressions, or profections, and prefer Solar Returns and transits. Different approaches attract different practitioners, and one will only really get exceptional results when practicing what "tastes good" to them!!

Unread 01-25-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSO View Post
There's not much of a difference there
I can't even use progressions without thinking "my god this is stupid.." But that's another thread...
Nevertheless it is indubitable that a year has 365.25363 days, BUT the circle of the degrees of the Zodiac (whether Tropical or Sidereal) has only 360 - there are only 360 in any circle.

It is also a fact that the Tropical Zodiac is a relic from almost two thousand years ago when everyone thought that the Sun orbits the earth, so the Tropical Zodiac reflects that old fashioned and inaccurate idea by fixing the Vernal Equinox at 0 Aries

However, in contrast, the Sidereal Zodiac takes account of the reality that the Earth orbits the Sun so the vernal point is not fixed but precessed and therefore the vernal point is currently at approximately
6 Pisces and gradually drifting towards Aquarius (hence the dawning of the Age of Aquarius)

For visual and verbal illustration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Right-many don't care for progressions, or profections, and prefer Solar Returns and transits. Different approaches attract different practitioners, and one will only really get exceptional results when practicing what "tastes good" to them!!
Nevertheless, even when using Solar Returns and transits many use precessed Solar Returns which take account of precession (i.e. basically Sidereal) - as for transits, the position of transiting planets in the sky when viewed against a background of 'Images' or constellations are approximately 24 degrees earlier than as stated by computer programs illustrating the Tropical Zodiac http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 01-25-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:19 AM

Re transits:

...around 30 degrees (averaged) if using the Hipparchus or the Alcyone/Krittika ayanamsa!
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Re transits: ...around 30 degrees (averaged) if using the Hipparchus or the Alcyone/Krittika ayanamsa!
Interesting that it was Hipparchus who prepared a calendrical device commencing at 0 degrees Aries simply for use as a seasonal calendar to track the movements of the Sun. Hipparchus himself was apparently aware of precession as were other astronomers of that time who had observed the gradual westward drifting of the Vernal Point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 01-25-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:36 AM

Send a message via MSN to kennedyrosewhith

JUPITERASC - I understand what you're saying now. But the fault is not the zodiac, the fault is insisting that the Sun be progressed exactly one degree per day. This does not reflect reality.

When you switch from tropical to sidereal, the positions of the planets have not changed, but rather the backdrop they're set against. At one point in time, the Sun can only be in one spot. But you'll get two different locations in tropical and sidereal, because they're two different systems/backdrops.
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedyrosewhith View Post
JUPITERASC - I understand what you're saying now. But the fault is not the zodiac, the fault is insisting that the Sun be progressed exactly one degree per day. This does not reflect reality.

When you switch from tropical to sidereal, the positions of the planets have not changed, but rather the backdrop they're set against. At one point in time, the Sun can only be in one spot. But you'll get two different locations in tropical and sidereal, because they're two different systems/backdrops.
Exactly, the Sidereal Zodiac natal chart reflects the reality that the Earth orbits the Sun and the Vernal Point precesses

In contrast the Tropical Zodiac is an almost two thousand year old mechanism now outdated

It is possible to use the Tropical Zodiac for a form of divination

However, most people are unaware that their Tropical 'star' sign is totally disconnected from the stars (i.e. constellations)
Unread 01-25-2012, 07:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to MSO Send a message via Yahoo to MSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Nevertheless it is indubitable that a year has 365.25363 days, BUT the circle of the degrees of the Zodiac (whether Tropical or Sidereal) has only 360 - there are only 360 in any circle.

It is also a fact that the Tropical Zodiac is a relic from almost two thousand years ago when everyone thought that the Sun orbits the earth, so the Tropical Zodiac reflects that old fashioned and inaccurate idea by fixing the Vernal Equinox at 0 Aries

However, in contrast, the Sidereal Zodiac takes account of the reality that the Earth orbits the Sun so the vernal point is not fixed but precessed and therefore the vernal point is currently at approximately
6 Pisces and gradually drifting towards Aquarius (hence the dawning of the Age of Aquarius)

For visual and verbal illustration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related

Nevertheless, even when using Solar Returns and transits many use precessed Solar Returns which take account of precession (i.e. basically Sidereal) - as for transits, the position of transiting planets in the sky when viewed against a background of 'Images' or constellations are approximately 24 degrees earlier than as stated by computer programs illustrating the Tropical Zodiac http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related
I find it very hard to take you serious when you accuse tropical astrology of being a relic of the past, then turn around and promote sidereal as a thing of the future. You trollin' bro.
Sequestra says "he's quite nuts"
Unread 01-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Banned

critical thinking is a good thing..

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

The tropical zodiac is based on an idea that the sun orbits the earth, and although that is what most people thought two thousand plus years ago - it is not actually true - therefore the tropical zodiac is a mathematical abstraction. HUH?

It is also a fact that the Tropical Zodiac
is a relic from almost two thousand years ago
when everyone thought that the Sun orbits the earth, so the Tropical Zodiac reflects that old fashioned and inaccurate idea by fixing the Vernal Equinox at 0 Aries bizarre...

In contrast the Tropical Zodiac is an almost two thousand year old mechanism now outdated really?

maybe i missed the imaginary punch line : the sidereal zodiac on the other hand is older, but the folks who used it knew the earth revolved around the sun, unlike those pesky fools who followed the tropical zodiac...and it isn't an abstraction, it is just like the cola cola commercial you heard about right after archie bunker took a little break - it's the real thing!

Last edited by wilsontc; 01-25-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Unread 01-25-2012, 12:11 PM

After having some 30 years in the sack of astrology using western methods first half and sidereal second half I am not doubting the sidereal zodiac. I think it works well.

I use the vedic system whith special rules and techniques. The weighting of planetary strength by looking at dignities and debilitation is important.

I also use the lunar mansions extensively which gives almost "another zodiac" to use as well with 27 "signs".

Also planetary periods are integrated in the system.

Taking all these in account the system work good and well in my opinion.

Taking not these into consideration the matters seems subjective from case to case it seems. When doing tropical work I did felt it was working,
and I still believe it does. But prefer now sidereal chart.

---I could give many examples how this is applied but one quite clear is the case of Amy Weinhaus:

She have in her chart a sidereal taurus ascendent which perhaps not is totally fitting when compared to western gemini asc.
But seeing that she have node Rahu in taurus first house, using dignities, the fact is that rahu is exalted in taurus makes Rahu come forth in a strong way in her chart. Rahu is the innovator newthinker and rebel.

Now taking her chart ruler venus in cancer...opinions could be had about that I guess.
But looking at the nakshatra venus is placed in..Ashlesha
This nakshatra is one of the difficult ones, that is associated with poisons
(drugs) it's shakti is "the power to poison".
She died of alcohol poisoning.
Her 7th lord is mars which is in cancer. Mars is debilitated in cancer showing a weak partner.(It was her boyfriend who was introducing her to drugs) Mars is also in nakshatra of ashlesha associated with drugs.

---Another example is Obama:

With sidereal Capricorn ascendent having saturn and jupiter in
ascendent (whole sign). Saturn in own sign.
This according to vedic astrology gives a Shasha yoga. Magnifying the qualities of Saturn giving disciplined and manager qualities. It is a wellknown fact that Obama is very disciplined guy working (saturn) extremely hard and goaldirected and going to gym every morning.
Jupiter in ascendent give his lawyer business.

When he won the election riding on a massive wawe of popularity he was in the planetary period of Jupiter-Moon (public sucess). moon is his second strongest planet probably as exalted in sidereal taurus. giving popularity.
When he later became president he was in the subperiod of Mars and then Rahu. both in 8th house, and a hard time giving changes and problems (economical).

---Hitler had his Sun in Sidereal Aries (exlated and strong for leadership)
He had Mars the planet of war in sidereal Aries in own sign.

Doing charts like this I feel the system works.
Comparing character qualities is not as telling in my opinion.
When comparing the two systems.

Each system works when applying it's techniques. Western astrology is quite heavily aspect dominated seeing aspect patterns and so forth.
Vedic astrology is much planetary focused much by seeing planetary strength.as weighted in the sidereal zodiac. See which planet is dominating the chart and rulerships, which give rise to combinations (yogas).

---I having a tropical gemini moon which make sense, as I was brought up in an environment of books, with both parents doing academic studies. I feel at home in bookstores..

but my moon is in sidereal taurus exalted in 10th house, and as such dominates the chart. And this makes total sense as Working with people in
nurturing profession and is very much lunar in personality. Moon as strongest planet is ruling 12th house and spirituality is prime interest. (sidereal sun ,mercury jupiter in pisces)

Last edited by Shanti; 01-25-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:09 PM

Just read the news.

Demi Moore is taken to hospital for overdose.
To reconnect to last post about Amy wienhaus.Amy had her asc ruler in lunar mansion ashlesha related to poison.

Now Demi moore have her mars in ashlesha in her 6th house.
She is in planetary period Rahu-Rahu. Rahu is conjunct mars in ashlesha which gives health concern and poisoning.
Rahu in itself is related to drugs poision.
Rahu is placed in the 6th house which is the house of divorce and disagreement (being 12th from 7th..negating).

She have a stellium in Libra with 4 planets venus is here superstrong in own domicile..own sign a chart dominated by venus the planet of art and beauty.

Another example i think of the system working good in it's wholeness integerating the factors there in the sidereal zodiac as base.

Her pogressed MC (sa in RA method) is opposite Her Mars in ashlesha
in the 6th house. So Mars is activated now.

If one is using the western aspect system and outer planets (which I also use) one immediatly see her Mars square Neptune for poisoning.
So the event is shown in both systems.
(Her tropical stellium is in scorpio related to poison...)

Victory for Astrology !! Vedic, sidereal or tropical.. you name it !!

Last edited by Shanti; 01-25-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:30 PM

For reference:
Here is Komilla Sutton a vedic astrologer writing some about Ashlesha:

"The presiding deity of Ashlesha is Nagas. Nagas are snakes who have great occult powers. It will be wrong to think of them as the poisonous snakes that only kill. Ashlesha persons are supposed to have incisive vision that enables them to look into the hidden secrets of nature and understand true wisdom. The snake carries his poison in a pouch and its body is not filled with poison. It will only use this poison when forced to do so. Also poison can be used for healing or for killing. So the Nagas have the capacity for both good and bad. Ashlesha can lead people to knowledge; wisdom, wealth and prosperity but it can also take them down the path of danger, self-destruction, sexual adventure and unexpected happenings"

These last sentences could have been taken directly from Amy wienhaus biography think.

From her website
http://www.komilla.com/pages/library/vedic_view.html
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:44 PM

One last reflection about Demi Moores chart (slighty off topic but maybe of interest anyway for astrology lovers).

Transiting Mars stationary exactly opposite Demi's Ascendent might suggest that her birthtime is rather correct.
Demi moores tropical chart ( I don't have grasped uploading sidereal chart yet).
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Moore,_Demi

Last edited by Shanti; 01-25-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Unread 01-25-2012, 03:21 PM

Shanti the problem with saying that you can see both moons as being you or what not gives into the skeptics of astrology that say that astrology bestows basic human characteristics that we all have which is why someone can pick out an event of their life and say 'ah this is my moon in gemini or my moon in scorpio'. This argument for why astrology is fiction has merit IMO because some of astrology's 'descriptions' can be applied to a lot of different aspects of life.

For my sidereal all my scorpio planets become libra and my jupiter in cancer becomes gemini and my saturn becomes sagittarius (from capricorn). This makes no sense to me. But sure, I could find some aspects of a mercury in libra (which was scorpio in tropical) that applies to me if I really tried. But that doesn't mean both are right. However I agree, if a skilled astrologer is reading the charts, they will come to the same conclusions because the aspects are the same and house positions are similar as well however house rulers are totally off.
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Exactly, the Sidereal Zodiac natal chart reflects the reality that the Earth orbits the Sun and the Vernal Point precesses

In contrast the Tropical Zodiac is an almost two thousand year old mechanism now outdated*

It is possible to use the Tropical Zodiac for a form of divination

However, most people are unaware that their Tropical 'star' sign is totally disconnected from the stars (i.e. constellations)
That is NOT what I said, and that's not what I was talking about. I was addressing what you said about there only being 360 degrees in a circle, but 365 days and some hours in a year. And that, because of this, after 360 years, five years vanish. This can only be true if the Sun moves exactly one degree per day. It doesn't, so the fault does not lie with either zodiac, but rather with the insistence on symbolic progression. The system is not at fault, the method is at fault.

Most of those people who don't know are probably not astrologers, and probably don't know much past their Sun signs. I'm sure a decent amount of them don't even know that there's more to astrology than the Sun. So why does it matter if they know about sidereal or not?

Honestly I don't understand your insistence that tropical is all wrong and outdated. It works fine when you work within its own rules and boundaries. And of course it falls apart when you start comparing it to sidereal and claiming that it's false. But, again, the problem is not with the system, but rather your determination to compare the two. They're not the same, they're not going to match up, and that's okay.

Personally, I think it makes perfect sense to have a system of astrology that's Earth-centric. We live here, don't we? I don't entirely understand the correspondence of the signs with the seasons, since the seasons are backwards in the southern hemisphere. Western astrology is well, focused around western civilization (hence the name! ), but that's another discussion for another day.
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:23 PM

retinoid, you stated earlier that you find sidereal transits the more accurate for prediction but Tropical better describes your natal chart - and my reply was and still is - why not use both then?

I say that because, since you have proved for yourself that sidereal works for you with prediction, then use sidereal for prediction. However it makes equal sense for you to use Tropical for your natal chart delineation at the same time

Quote:
.................Personally, I think it makes perfect sense to have a system of astrology that's Earth-centric. We live here, don't we?
Both Sidereal and Tropical are Geocentric and I mentioned this on the parallel thread on this subject at this link http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...658#post358658
Quote:
Those who accuse traditionalists of living in the past are themselves living in the past because they are using the approximately two thousand year old archaic system of the Tropical Zodiac which is based on the incorrect notion that there are no constellations and a stationary planet Earth is orbited by the Sun. Such a system, even if 'works' as evidently it does for many - is based on mathematical divination and from its inception never was a description of physical reality.

In contrast, the Sidereal Zodiac natal chart describes the non-imaginary idea that the Earth does in fact orbit the Sun and therefore is a physical reality-based system.

The Tropical Zodiac is Geocentric and reflects life from the viewpoint of those who are born on planet Earth BUT the Tropical Zodiac's foundational rationale WRONGLY infers that those born on planet Earth are located on a planet that is motionless in space while being orbited by the Sun that is incorrect. Furthermore the Tropical Zodiac totally does not incorporate the very real existence of numerous groups of stellar bodies which for descriptive convenience are referred to as 'the constellations' by astronomers.

The Sidereal Zodiac is also Geocentric and reflects life from the viewpoint of those born on planet Earth AND the sidereal Zodiac's foundational rationale CORRECTLY infers that those born on planet Earth are located on a planet that is turning on its axis at approximately a thousand miles an hour whilst in orbit around the Sun that is correct

Astronomers use Sidereal measurements for space exploration because sidereal measurements are based on reality

Many astrologers obtain good results using either and/or both Tropical and Sidereal and as always it is a matter of individual choice. Everyone is entitled to make their own choices, based on their own reasons. Some do not choose but instead make use of both Tropical and Sidereal methods.

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 01-25-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:45 PM

Shanti, comparing celebrities is probably the most useless thing you can do unless you know them very well. The side you see is fake. You'll never see the real so-and-so, and for the love of god it wasn't an Aries Sun that made Hitler what he was.

Last edited by wilsontc; 01-25-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Banned

hi shanti

i like what you are doing and what you are presenting on this site and i hope it continues.. i agree with you! i think either system can be used.. the 2 systems are based on a different set of circumstances or reference points..

the tropic zodiac while not an actual zodiac (since it has nothing to do with the stars) appears to have taken the constellation names given and fixed them onto a system that is focused on our solar system only.. the basis for it is worked off the nodal axis of the earth to sun - equinox and solstice points, in other words it is referenced off the sun - earth relationship..

the sidereal system is based off of the sun in relation to other stars, the sun being a star itself.. it is more a star in relation to other stars as opposed to sun-earth - local solar system based, which is why the constellations are central to it.. the constellations while not 30 degree wedges, have been put into these wedges.. one wonders about the logic of this if indeed the constellation virgo is closer to 40-45 degrees, but regardless the indian astrologers work with this system with its many rules and get good results using it...

i think either system can work, but it helps to understand there basis and the differences..

the lunar mansions are a big part of indian or vedic astrology... 27 of them... interestingly the navamsha is based off a division of the chart by 9 and it is also considered the next most important chart after the natal for consideration... notice the connection of 9 to 27?

at any rate, i think both systems have a lot to offer... pick one and go with it! getting caught up in the idea one system is superior to another is a fools game as i see it.
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:06 PM

JUPITERASC- Sorry, I meant Earth-centric as in everything revolves around the Earth and the Earth is stationary. That's sure how it looks, without knowledge that we're actually moving through space.

I'm not entirely sure that grouping together a bunch of stars that are probably, in reality, nowhere near eachother and saying that they all have one collective meaning makes sense. And my understand of sidereal astrology is that there are still 12 30-degree signs. Is this true, at least of the system that you use?

Is astrology of any kind meant to describe the universe, or rather patterns that we're all bound to? Maybe it's just convenient that these constellations (sidereal) and zones of influence (tropical) match up with these patterns. I'm not even going to touch on astronomy using sidereal. Of course it does, it's astronomy! It HAS to reflect reality!
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
JUPITERASC- Sorry, I meant Earth-centric as in everything revolves around the Earth and the Earth is stationary. That's sure how it looks, without knowledge that we're actually moving through space.
kennedyrosewhith "Geo" just means ground or land and has the following meaning as a prefix:

QUOTE:
geo- is taken from the Greek word γη or γαια meaning "earth", usually in the sense of "ground or land"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geo

So 'Geocentric' does just mean 'Earth-centric'
Quote:
I'm not entirely sure that grouping together a bunch of stars that are probably, in reality, nowhere near each other and saying that they all have one collective meaning makes sense. And my understand of sidereal astrology is that there are still 12 30-degree signs. Is this true, at least of the system that you use?
Sidereal and Tropical both have twelve 30 degree demarcations that are named after the sidereal groups of stars - THE DIFFERENCE IS that Sidereal names are linked to the groups of stars BUT the Tropical names are completely dissociated from the groups of stars they take their names from

Quote:
Is astrology of any kind meant to describe the universe, or rather patterns that we're all bound to? Maybe it's just convenient that these constellations (sidereal) and zones of influence (tropical) match up with these patterns. I'm not even going to touch on astronomy using sidereal. Of course it does, it's astronomy! It HAS to reflect reality!
These are interesting considerations kennedyrosewhith which would be great for discussion on a separate thread and since this is your idea, would you consider starting such a thread?
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Banned

the geo verses helio - 2 different reference points - one earth based, the other sun based...

isaac starkman - a very good astrologer in israel does astrology where he combines the two systems simultaneously! get your head around that for a second! pat t davis did a lot of work on this - wrote books on this - i have read some of them....same deal.. actually she probably was an influence on isaac..
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:50 PM

I know it what it means, I'm just trying to clarify the difference between tropical and sidereal, and why I feel it's appropriate for a tropical zodiac to exist.

And that's what I don't understand. You're saying that sidereal is the accurate picture of the sky and universe, but doesn't the Sun pass in front of 13 constellations of various sizes?

I'm a little pressed for time, so I can't make the post now, or anytime in the next several hours. I'm not too attached to the idea, you can make the thread yourself and get the discussion going if you'd like!
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I know it what it means, I'm just trying to clarify the difference between tropical and sidereal, and why I feel it's appropriate for a tropical zodiac to exist.

And that's what I don't understand. You're saying that sidereal is the accurate picture of the sky and universe, but doesn't the Sun pass in front of 13 constellations of various sizes?

I'm a little pressed for time, so I can't make the post now, or anytime in the next several hours. I'm not too attached to the idea, you can make the thread yourself and get the discussion going if you'd like!
ok then kennedyrosewhith I understand you have time constraints

-
Briefly then, from our Geocentric aka Earth-Centric perspective, the sun does pass in front of a number of constellations of various sizes and the Tropical Zodiac completely ignores that.

In contrast the Sidereal zodiac acknowledges that the Sun - from our Geocentric aka Earth-Centric perspective - apparently passes in front of a number of constellations

Perhaps we can discuss the 'of various sizes' issue when we both are less pressed for time - agreed?
I myself am neglecting other commitments so I shall post a more detailed response to your above comment at some more opportune moment and in the meantime I shall also wait for you to prepare and make the new thread - you set the parameters then everyone interested can contribute to the discussion - agreed?

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 01-25-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
More than 13, I think. AFAIK, constellations like Cetus and Aquila also impinge on the zodiac.
Unread 01-25-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSO View Post
Shanti, comparing celebrities is probably the most useless thing you can do unless you know them very well. The side you see is fake. You'll never see the real so-and-so, and for the love of god it wasn't an Aries Sun that made Hitler what he was.

It's precisely this kind of narrow thinking that makes discussions in these threads a waste of time.

If one can't look at charts of important historical figures or celebrities with strong symbolic events or destiny's, for astrological clarification and learning, which one should we use ?

Why not throw out our valuable astrological texts and books by good authors who have the bulk of example charts from famous people.
Is it "useless" ?

(I also see that there is an attacking comment directed to me that is deleted by our friend hardworking Wilson. Thanks.... I admire anyone moderating places like this making it a more peaceful place to be).

Sandstone,
I appreciate your astrological work. There is a to the point simplicity and accuracy that shows astrological intelligence and much experience in action, to sort out the important and not important stuff in a chart is not an easy thing.

Last edited by Shanti; 01-25-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Unread 01-26-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanti View Post
It's precisely this kind of narrow thinking that makes discussions in these threads a waste of time.

If one can't look at charts of important historical figures or celebrities with strong symbolic events or destiny's, for astrological clarification and learning, which one should we use ?

Why not throw out our valuable astrological texts and books by good authors who have the bulk of example charts from famous people.
Is it "useless" ?

(I also see that there is an attacking comment directed to me that is deleted by our friend hardworking Wilson. Thanks.... I admire anyone moderating places like this making it a more peaceful place to be).

Sandstone,
I appreciate your astrological work. There is a to the point simplicity and accuracy that shows astrological intelligence and much experience in action, to sort out the important and not important stuff in a chart is not an easy thing.
Accuses me of narrow thinking.

Ignores my point of view and continues with own point of view.

Acknowledges anyone that agrees with own statement. Disregards rest.

Narrow indeed.

Tags
sidereal, tropical