Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 03-24-2012, 04:14 AM

Re: how do you predict death?

Franklin Taylor, Cyclobenzaprine is very similar to the tricylic antidepressants where it affects levels of norephinephrine and alters sodium and potassium channels (as well as being a potent anticholinergic. I used to mix a bunch of them with my vodka and sleep for days sometimes when I needed it. They make you very tired. Zzzzz

*If I read a chart it is via the whole sign house system.*
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
That is the value (the ONLY value, to my way of thinking) in identifying possible critical periods of life-so that measures can be taken, and certain risks avoided, during that period of time, to strengthen the life force of the individual involved. Other than for such preventive/supportive purposes, longevity estimations and death-period predictions are nothing but vain curiosity; however, retrospective (post mortem) chart investigations are of value, in identifying likely casual astrological trends and indications in the chart, but only as instructional for us, in future evaluations of living persons' charts, for estimating critical periods so that SOMETHING CAN BE DONE to support the individual during those critical periods.
what can be done to prevent death during those critical times?
could you tell us what's the method to identify possible critical periods and determine the quality of their influences? thanks
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSO View Post
Death is unpredictable. There are a variety of variables that go into it and you just can't account for them all with something as vague as astrology.

For example, some people have charts that show they should've died in childhood. And this would be 100% true... 500 years ago when we didn't have vaccines for smallpox. Or maybe you'll get shot and die, except the hospital you were sent to has the most advanced trauma center in the world and they manage to perform a miracle and save you. You never know, with all the advances we have it's hard to say how or why someone will die.

Furthermore, as someone stated above, it's immoral for an astrologer to tell you of your time of death. The reason being is similar to an effect researchers observe when they're studying people. The presence of the researcher invariably changes the subject. The same is true for the astrologer; the knowledge of your death changes how you respond to it, leading to a strong possibility the initial outcome was changed.
Whereas astrology is not vague to the experienced and practised, the death influences can be many and varied. I know how I will pass over but not when and do not want to. I have a belief in the afterlife and it does not faze or frighten me. We go when our contract is up but there are times when we can exit during life and for some reason we dont. It is easier in hindsight to see what inflluences were at play. Some things that seem accidental are often not, on the sub conscious level.
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retinoid View Post
Franklin Taylor, Cyclobenzaprine is very similar to the tricylic antidepressants where it affects levels of norephinephrine and alters sodium and potassium channels (as well as being a potent anticholinergic. I used to mix a bunch of them with my vodka and sleep for days sometimes when I needed it. They make you very tired. Zzzzz
One day you will not wake up and you are lucky that you could afford to zone out for days without everyday responsibilities.
Unread 03-28-2012, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrcolomba View Post
what can be done to prevent death during those critical times?
could you tell us what's the method to identify possible critical periods and determine the quality of their influences? thanks

Identify the risks suggested by the astrological indications and then avoid taking those risks; further, those (very few in the West) who follow Remedial Astrology will determine remedies (including natural health substances like herbs, supplements, flower essences, crystals, homeopathic remedies, and so son) based on the indications from the analysis of the astrological influences operative during the possible critical period, and suggest preventive/therapeutic use of those specific remedies.

The methods of identifying possible critical periods are varied: porgression, solar returns, dasa periods and sub-periods (Vedic astrology), transits, Hellenist/Traditionalist technqiue based upon the hyleg and alcohedron, are some of these methods: it is an advanced astrological subject, and requires deep study and understanding of the subject to even approach a reasonable level of accuracy.
Unread 03-28-2012, 04:43 AM

Terrcolomba, might I suggest that you simply go to the trouble and expense of finding a professional astrologer on-line who will do these calculations for you, since you seem so obsessed with them? Just keep in mind that few professional astrologers will take on this kind of question; and that you personally will have no way of knowing whether or not their predictions are accurate until they do or do not come to pass.

Just a few other reasons why I think "death-clock" predictions don't work, and why I think you should turn to living the best life you can with the time that you have:

1. Certain large-scale natural disasters, bombing attacks, jumbo-jet crashes, and epidemics can kill large numbers of people in a relatively short period of time. For example, thousands of people were killed almost simultaneously during the tsunami that hit Japan in 2011 and the atomic bomb blasts of 1945. It just beggars the imagination to think that all these people somehow had the same astrological "death" signatures in their charts.

2. People in the developed industrialized world, for the most part, are living longer than their forebears. Today in the US the average life expectancy for women is in their early 80s; and for men, in their late 70s. It just doesn't make sense that somehow, for hundreds of millions of people, all of the "death-clock" indicators would be pushed back such that half the population essentially dies of old age.

3. Most astrologers, whether professional or amateur, are ethical people. A few are not. In your current emotionally vulnerable and fearful frame of mind, it would be very easy for a scam artist pretending to be knowledgeable to take advantage of you-- and your money.

If an astrologer were to tell you that you would die on a specific date in 6 months time, mightn't that make you feel even more fearful than you do now?

Or imagine somebody spending his life savings and pension, and running up his credit card, because an astrologer told him he would die next year. Then the astrologer was wrong and he lives for two decades, but as a financial burden on his family and society.

Or imagine some grand-kids who want to get their hands on Grannie's inheritance right away, because they consulted an astrologer about her (impending) death and want to pressure her to change her will in their favour before that happens.

Asking for "critical times" may be helpful, but I honestly don't think that's what you are after.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 03-28-2012, 05:17 AM

Determining possiible critical periods I think is of great therapeutic value (for those who know how to apply astro-therapeutics on a preventive and life-enhancing basis) however I completely agree with Waybread's outlook regarding death-clock/time predictions, and even approximated longevity estimations must be undertaken with great circumspection and only by those who have had years of study and experience in that particular field.
Unread 03-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Identify the risks suggested by the astrological indications and then avoid taking those risks; further, those (very few in the West) who follow Remedial Astrology will determine remedies (including natural health substances like herbs, supplements, flower essences, crystals, homeopathic remedies, and so son) based on the indications from the analysis of the astrological influences operative during the possible critical period, and suggest preventive/therapeutic use of those specific remedies.

The methods of identifying possible critical periods are varied: porgression, solar returns, dasa periods and sub-periods (Vedic astrology), transits, Hellenist/Traditionalist technqiue based upon the hyleg and alcohedron, are some of these methods: it is an advanced astrological subject, and requires deep study and understanding of the subject to even approach a reasonable level of accuracy.
could you specify what one should look for in their natal chart,progression,solar returns,transits,hyleg and alcohedron technique and dasa periods and sub periods to identify these critical periods?

are dasa sub periods bhukti? are dasa periods vimshottari dasa?

what's pada distances? thanks
Unread 03-29-2012, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrcolomba View Post
could you specify what one should look for in their natal chart,progression,solar returns,transits,hyleg and alcohedron technique and dasa periods and sub periods to identify these critical periods?

These are vast subjects, and would take dozens of pages of posts even to present a summary outline; you must turn to a thorough study of the specific astrological literature on these subjects to develop an understanding of the concepts and methods involved.
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
These are vast subjects, and would take dozens of pages of posts even to present a summary outline; you must turn to a thorough study of the specific astrological literature on these subjects to develop an understanding of the concepts and methods involved.
where can i study these concepts and methods involved?

Unread 03-30-2012, 09:09 AM

You seem to be most interested in longevity estimating, so, since Vedic astrology continues to actively emphasize this aspect of astrological analysis, I'll recommend that you study Vedic astrology.

Now, unless you are already proficient in basic (mainstream Parasara) Vedic astrological concepts and methods, the first thing you will have to do is to learn the basics: study these in:
-K. S. Charak's 2 volume "Elements of Vedic Astrology"
(or, if this is too extensive for you, you can instead study G.S. Kapoor's book, "Learn Astrology the Easy Way")

After you have mastered the basics, and tested yourself with at least a dozen or so experimental (test) chart delineations, then you will be ready for a study of the longevity estimation concepts and methodologies.
-first study R. Kumar's "Longevity: a Vedic Approach"
next...
-V. P. Goel's "Unraveling the Puzzle of Longevity"
then...
-Jagad's "Astrology and the Solar Computer"
...after these studies (and these represent the minimal basic work in the Vedic longevity estimation field) you will be able to move on to deeper levels in this field with a study and application of various specialty advanced techniques such as ashtakavarga, special dasa system applications, etc...

(Note: all referenced books are currently easily available online from astroamerica.com; also, pretty much, from Amazon books or abebooks.com)
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
Moog (04-03-2012)
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
You seem to be most interested in longevity estimating, so, since Vedic astrology continues to actively emphasize this aspect of astrological analysis, I'll recommend that you study Vedic astrology.

Now, unless you are already proficient in basic (mainstream Parasara) Vedic astrological concepts and methods, the first thing you will have to do is to learn the basics: study these in:
-K. S. Charak's 2 volume "Elements of Vedic Astrology"
(or, if this is too extensive for you, you can instead study G.S. Kapoor's book, "Learn Astrology the Easy Way")

After you have mastered the basics, and tested yourself with at least a dozen or so experimental (test) chart delineations, then you will be ready for a study of the longevity estimation concepts and methodologies.
-first study R. Kumar's "Longevity: a Vedic Approach"
next...
-V. P. Goel's "Unraveling the Puzzle of Longevity"
then...
-Jagad's "Astrology and the Solar Computer"
...after these studies (and these represent the minimal basic work in the Vedic longevity estimation field) you will be able to move on to deeper levels in this field with a study and application of various specialty advanced techniques such as ashtakavarga, special dasa system applications, etc...

(Note: all referenced books are currently easily available online from astroamerica.com; also, pretty much, from Amazon books or abebooks.com)
thanks, i will.
what's pada distances?

is the Hellenist/Traditionalist technqiue based upon the hyleg and alcohedron you mentioned, the one JUPITERASC posted on this thread?
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Banned

what's pada distances dr. farr?

is the Hellenist/Traditionalist technqiue based upon the hyleg and alcohedron you mentioned, the one JUPITERASC posted on this thread?

what is the technique anoop.indirapuramghazibad used on this thread called?
Unread 04-03-2012, 06:26 AM

Iv always said My wife will kill me in my sleep, thats why I am never getting married!
Unread 04-03-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
That is the value (the ONLY value, to my way of thinking) in identifying possible critical periods of life-so that measures can be taken, and certain risks avoided, during that period of time, to strengthen the life force of the individual involved. Other than for such preventive/supportive purposes, longevity estimations and death-period predictions are nothing but vain curiosity; however, retrospective (post mortem) chart investigations are of value, in identifying likely casual astrological trends and indications in the chart, but only as instructional for us, in future evaluations of living persons' charts, for estimating critical periods so that SOMETHING CAN BE DONE to support the individual during those critical periods.
I agree death in hindsight is much easier to see and analyse. To attempt to see when a person may pass over takes enormous skill and a lot of work and if one person mentions to the querent a particular date for death and it is wrong, imagine the anguish and also waiting for that day to come around? To ask that question or I should say to take notice, in a forum is not a good idea as there are those who profess to be proficient and those who are not. Giving links to online articles etc., and stating those as gospel is also not a good idea. There are those who know when they will pass over but it is not knowledge given to us all for good reasons.

Concentrate on life I say.
Unread 04-03-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerion View Post
Iv always said My wife will kill me in my sleep, thats why I am never getting married!
I hope you are joking!!
Unread 04-03-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Determining possiible critical periods I think is of great therapeutic value (for those who know how to apply astro-therapeutics on a preventive and life-enhancing basis) however I completely agree with Waybread's outlook regarding death-clock/time predictions, and even approximated longevity estimations must be undertaken with great circumspection and only by those who have had years of study and experience in that particular field.
It takes enormous expertise as you say and who spends so much time and energy predicting death so as to be anywhere near proficient???? Not many I would say and rightly so. I have been an astrologer for many many years and I would never go near the subject. It is immoral for one thing. People have a morbid curiosity about their own death but if they knew for sure, when, it may become a self fulfilling prophesy and I imagine cause great distress anyway unless they welcome the idea of passing over. I know what transits may precipitate my death but am I going to track them for years and years ahead? No I am not.
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:16 PM

Carefully.
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Banned

claire19,
Quote:
To be fair, death is a part of life that everyone will have to confront on some level sooner or later. Wondering and asking about it is not a sin or a sign of mental illness. It's a perfectly normal part of human life. Many of us would rather not think about when our time will come and shun the idea of being able to find out when that time will be, and that's fine. Others would prefer to know, and that should be fine too.

We're astrologers. We judge charts, not people.
i agree.

if you know the method to find the critical times and the quality of their influences you may be able to prevent it.

what's pada distances dr. farr?

what is the technique anoop.indirapuramghazibad used on this thread called?
Unread 04-04-2012, 03:10 AM

1) pada means "foot"; in Vedic astrology pada can refer to a quarter of something (such as the padas of a nakshatra) it can also mean a measure of distance between subject a and subject b, such as in Jaimini astrology to determine the pada lagna (pada ascendant, aka arudha lagna), where, in this example, the pada lagna is as many signs from the lord of the ascendant as that lord is from the ascendant (eg, ascendant is Leo, Sun is 10 signs from Leo in Taurus, therefore pada lagna is 10 signs from Taurus = Aquarius)

2) yes it is (re hyleg/alcohedron)

3) this is an application of the Vimshottari Dasa system, the most widely practiced of the various dasa (time-period) systems in Vedic astrology. These time-periods are divided into main periods (mahadasas) and su-periods of that main period (called bhuktis or antardasas)

Last edited by dr. farr; 04-04-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Unread 04-04-2012, 03:34 AM

Location: Noida (India), Contact e-mail-anoop.astrologer@gmail.com

Hi terrcolomba,
When any one has predicted does not means that the person will take last breath.
Suppose a person is facing ailment, or suffering from mental agony, or suffering from humiliation, or suffering from any type of Insult in a big gathering ... you can understand what I mean.
Serious accidents, serious surgery etc. Long illness, coma, etc. are parts of Mark Dasha, but person can recover and come out of phase.
No astrologer is God, who can predict last breath (DEATH).
Dashas, I had already described in the same thread on earlier occasion
I think you got response of PM to me.

Last edited by anoop.indirapuramghazibad; 04-04-2012 at 03:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to anoop.indirapuramghazibad For This Useful Post:
SagiCap (04-04-2012)
Unread 04-04-2012, 03:43 AM

Arudhlagna and padlagna are different. According Jaimini astrology, Padlagna means, Lord of Asc. and its distance fom Asc., then we count the same distance from Lord of Asc. and the house where it lands, is the place for Padlagna.
In case of arudhlagna, normally is used in Prashnashastra, and is a philosophy on that basis astrologer is finding out Asc. and its navmamsha.
KP Paddhati has defined Arudhlagna for various purposes.

Last edited by anoop.indirapuramghazibad; 04-04-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Unread 04-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
1) pada means "foot"; in Vedic astrology pada can refer to a quarter of something (such as the padas of a nakshatra) it can also mean a measure of distance between subject a and subject b, such as in Jaimini astrology to determine the pada lagna (pada ascendant, aka arudha lagna), where, in this example, the pada lagna is as many signs from the lord of the ascendant as that lord is from the ascendant (eg, ascendant is Leo, Sun is 10 signs from Leo in Taurus, therefore pada lagna is 10 signs from Taurus = Aquarius)

2) yes it is (re hyleg/alcohedron)

3) this is an application of the Vimshottari Dasa system, the most widely practiced of the various dasa (time-period) systems in Vedic astrology. These time-periods are divided into main periods (mahadasas) and su-periods of that main period (called bhuktis or antardasas)
1) how do you use pada distances to identify critical times?

3) is that dasa periods and sub-periods (Vedic astrology) you mentioned to identify critical times? how do you use it to identify critical times? thanks

anoop.indirapuramghazibad, what do you use pada lagna and arudhlagna for?what's navmamsha? thanks
Unread 04-05-2012, 03:31 AM

Pada distances are used for a variety of reasons, not to determine critical times as such.

Dasa periods are used for general predictive purposes involving all areas of life during a given period of time, they are not used exclusively (or, indeed, even primarily) for longevity or critical-time estimations.

Navamsha (navamsa) is the 1/9th division of a sign, ie, a 3degree20minute arc of a given sign; it is a "varga" (sign division)
Unread 04-05-2012, 04:05 AM

Padlagna (Nothing but shadow Lagna-Asc.) is used, when we use Jaimini Astrology, For prediction purpose, When dasha's are connecting with PL (PadLagna) then it is effecting as touching shadow of Lagna(Asc). Similarly, Other house pad are used in Jaimini.

Navmamsha - is one of the varga chart. It is very important, because it confirms Rashi (Birth chart's) chart's promises. Many believe that this chart is useful for confirmations related to Spouse. But i confirm other aspects too.
Basically 30 degree are divided by 9, ie 3deg 20min.
Then we prepare chart accordingly. But perfection in Birth time is important.

Arudh Lagna, we must understand what is Arudh, ARUDH means override.
KP method has described it.
But in old days, even currently, no. of astrologers are using this method. They have a fixed system to follow, it is based on Nos. KP is following 0-249, and otherwise 0-108.
Then Asc. of the Prashna (Asc. of Question) is decided on certain parameters, along with their Navmamsha, to identify Nakshtra.

Last edited by anoop.indirapuramghazibad; 04-05-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Tags
death, predict