Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 11-13-2011, 09:19 PM

Re: Mars, the Bringer of War: What It Means In Your Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine g View Post
I would say that Mars all by himself, that planetary energy all alone, is the energy of the male, the warrior, yes. The God of War, "Mars", is by definition, far from being the "nice guy". The aspects and signs he's in in charts will determine just how "bad" he will be. But in a dog eat dog, upside-down world, I agree, "bad" is good. So dont trip too much off classical defintions of malefic and benefic. But Mars is definitely the symbol of the bad boy. It's a bit aggravating that someone would argue about something so self-evident.
Exactly my point! And whether we are male or female, we all have masculine and feminine energy, so it is not a matter of gender (no that you implied that). We all have that kick-*** energy in us somewhere!

2. a piece of instrumental music suggestive of a daydream
3. archaic. a fanciful or visionary notion; daydream

VIR SUN
, PIS MOON,VIR ASC
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Banned

rulerships and natal aspects are NOT the same as *Declinations* and I don't have to prove my style of responding to members you to or anyone. Do NOT make this personal, keep it astrological or moderators will probably intervene.....

Quote:
Now, my Mercury, Mars, and Pluto do NOT have an oppositional relationship, despite what you’ve stated above. Mercury and Pluto are both co-rulers of my 3rd house and they are sextile; Mars is in Gemini ruled by Mercury; Mars and Pluto are both co-rulers of my 8th house. This is NOT an oppositional relationship. In fact, contrarily, they are very connected, and this adds power to the three placements.
Sorry but you DO have a declination aspect which operates like an opposition!! FACT

Last edited by astrologer50; 11-13-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Banned

Venus' association with War is interesting, I have to look into that more. Women can certainly put up a fight, in other non-physical (Martian) ways.

There's also some beauty to winning a battle, that's why Sun Tzu's classic manual calls it the "Art" of War. Venus ruling the 7th house of opposition, can reflect Mars in some ways, and probably rules the art of passive-agression.

If people studied the mythology behind these archetypes more, there would be no argument. The myth of the god Mars, as I recall, he was HATED by the other gods. There really wasn't much nice about Mars, the actual being the planet is named aftere.
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
rulerships and natal aspects are NOT the same as *Declinations* and I don't have to prove my style of responding to members you to or anyone. Do NOT make this personal, keep it astrological or moderators will probably intervene.....

Sorry but they DO have a declination aspect which operates like an opposition!!
It is not personal; I don't know you.

But like I said, every astrologer has his/her own method. I don't agree with every method out there. And if you had interpreted my chart with declinations like you did above, the whole interpretation about me would be inaccurate.

VIR SUN
, PIS MOON,VIR ASC
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptInReverie View Post
It is not personal; I don't know you.[you are making 'flaming comments' which leads to personal attacks which moderators will intervene here....]

But like I said, every astrologer has his/her own method. I don't agree with every method out there. And if you had interpreted my chart with declinations like you did above, the whole interpretation about me would be inaccurate.
mercury/pluto contra parallel suits you perfectly from I've seen so far
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Exactly my point! And whether we are male or female, we all have masculine and feminine energy, so it is not a matter of gender (no that you implied that). We all have that kick-*** energy in us somewhere!
Yes, a woman with a heavy Aries energy can definitely kick some butt. In fact, I would prefer a woman who identifies with her Mars energy, as I have little patience for a "girly-girl", crying over a broken nail.

Women who are race-car drivers, boxers, cops, or in any "traditionally" male-dominated areas, would be a prime example of how Mars energy by itself, whether in man, woman, or animal, is, by nature, agressive, one can even say "out for blood". Hence, its place as the "Red Planet". Ruled by iron, which can be used for good things, but is mostly known for weapons of war. That is Mars' primary purpose, anyone who wants to argue against that must just want to argue for the sake of arguing. Whenever the nicest person finally gets red in the face, hot under the collar, and screams to back off, that's Mars. Plain and simple.

Last edited by divine g; 11-13-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
mercury/pluto contra parallel suits you perfectly from I've seen so far
And you've known me for what? 2 days! If I were a client, you'd be off base with that.

VIR SUN
, PIS MOON,VIR ASC
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, a woman with a heavy Aries energy can definitely kick some butt. In fact, I would prefer a woman who identifies with her Mars energy, as I have little patience for a "girly-girl", crying over a broken nail.

Women who are race-car drivers, boxers, cops, or in any "traditionally "male-dominated areas, would be a prime example of how Mars energy by itself, whether in man, woman, or animal, is, by nature agressive, one can even say "out for blood". Hence, its place as the "Red Planet". Ruled by iron, which can be used for good things, but is mostly known for weapons of war. That is Mars' primary purpose, anyone who wants to argue against that must just want to argue for the sake of arguing. Whenever the nicest person finally gets red in the face, hot under the collar, and screams to back off, that's Mars. Plain and simple.
I think so. That or they're just in complete denial.

VIR SUN
, PIS MOON,VIR ASC
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Banned

I would say someone is bored. This is a bit off topic, but I also clashed with astrologer50 after they accused me of plagiarizing one of my posts. I also meditate on planetary energies, and have always expressed my original viewpoints. So after I shared a long post after a meditation, they condescendingly asked me if I was aware of forum rules about posting other people's works, blah blah..then took it back.. I dont get it. But he/she will really get your blood boiling if u let them. Wonder where/how your Mars is aspected astrologer50, for you to be starting so many fights? Or maybe your chart has a lot of Aries energy? Fill us in.

As I said My Mars is in heart-ruled, pleasure-loving Leo, so fighting is fun to me, I love a good fight. Conjunct Saturn, I would consider it kind of my job.

Last edited by divine g; 11-13-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I would say someone is bored. This is a bit off topic, but I also clashed with astrologer50 after they accused me of plagiarizing one of my posts. I also meditate on planetary energies, and have always expressed my original viewpoints. So after I shared a long post after a meditation, they condescendingly asked me if I was aware of forum rules about posting other people's works, blah blah..then took it back.. I dont get it. But he/she will really get your blood boiling if let them. Wonder where/how your Mars is aspected astrologer50, for you to be starting so many fights? Or maybe a lot of Aries energy? Fill us in.

As I said My Mars is in heart-ruled, pleasure-loving Leo, so fighting is fun, I love a good fight. Conjunct Mars, I would consider it kind of my job.
Well, I would really enjoy hearing some of what you've discovered meditating on the planetary energies. From what you've said so far, you've gotten a good grasp on Mars. Link me if possible.

VIR SUN
, PIS MOON,VIR ASC
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well, I would really enjoy hearing some of what you've discovered meditating on the planetary energies. From what you've said so far, you've gotten a good grasp on Mars. Link me if possible.
I've been here for a couple of years, you can check my profile for all the threads I've started, and threads I've posted on. I've had my share of "battles" intellectually on here, but it's all in good fun for me, a learning experience, and can only sharpen my sword. This was my meditation on the evolution of the signs, which kind of gets into what you were saying. That even a sign's "bad" traits are there for a reason, and comes with evolution, from the starting point of survival, with the first sign of Aries.
"Evolution of the Signs from Aries to Pisces" also gets into the cyclical nature of things. A lot of it is based on actual people and how they express their energies. It was a real quick, and real rough blueprint, far from a final treatise.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=40847

(Also, with my quote above, I meant my Mars conjunct Saturn.)
By the way, I'm a Gemini Sun, so I totally understand your gift for fiery intellectual debate.

Last edited by divine g; 11-13-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:59 PM

Astrologer50,

Write in your own words what Mars' role is in the natal chart. Let's really discuss this now.

VIR SUN
, PIS MOON,VIR ASC
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
If I did, it was out of genuine concern and not (condescendingly) wanting you to get into trouble over this as they are pretty s** t hot here on matters like this ....and trust me I have been in deep sh**t myself so I know what I'm talking about...
Yes, I know that we had already "squashed" that "beef". But that's Mars, his first instinct is to react combatively, bc you can never be sure. But also, I think the point was, there must also be some badly aspected Martian energy in your chart, bc there was really no reason to assume I was copying and pasting someone else's words, I have a track record here of knowing my stuff.

So again, what's going on with your Mars that made you jump to that conclusion? What are its house, sign and aspects, if you don't mind my asking?
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I've been here for a couple of years, you can check my profile for all the threads I've started, and threads I've posted on. I've had my share of "battles" intellectually on here, but it's all in good fun for me, a learning experience, and can only sharpen my sword. This was my meditation on the evolution of the signs, which kind of gets into what you were saying. That even a sign's "bad" traits are there for a reason, and comes with evolution, from the starting point of survival, with the first sign of Aries.
Evolution of the Signs from Aries to Pisces. Also gets into the cyclical nature of things. A lot of is based on actual people and how they express their energies. It was a real quick, and real rough blueprint, far from a final treatise.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=40847

(Also, with my quote above, I meant my Mars conjunct Saturn.)
By the way, I'm a Gemini Sun, so I totally understand your gift for fiery intellectual debate.
Astrologer has Mars in Gemini like me, but she says it doesn't have this effect. HA!

VIR SUN
, PIS MOON,VIR ASC
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:06 PM

My mars in CAPRICORN FOR THE WIN *Dances on your gemini mars
It like down plays my mars energy into a quiet endurance race?
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Banned

Now if you had read this thread from start to end you would know. OP has mars in gemini (like myself) his in 9th and mine in 5th well aspected.
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:07 PM

What qualifies something as well aspected?
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Astrologer has Mars in Gemini like me, but she says it doesn't have this effect. HA!
shouldn't we be talking how your/our mercury responds and is aspected. Oh, let's not forget your mercury/pluto IS contra parallel
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:10 PM

It's on now!!!!!! It's been brought, how fitting.
Banned

Quote:
Now if you had read this thread from start to end you would know. OP has mars in gemini (like myself) his in 9th and mine in 5th well aspected.
Yeah, so you're Mars is in 5th, you like to fight for fun. Bingo. 5th is house of pleasure, Mars is god of war, a good fight is entertainment for you. Not judging, bc that's human nature. That's why boxing and sports are so big, ppl like to see a good fight. So I guess, you have a gift for starting them, so other ppl can enjoy watching.

(And like I said above in my first post, I didn't get to read all the responses. That's Mars again, saw a fight, and was quick to jump in. He's real rude and impatient like that )

Last edited by divine g; 11-13-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
What qualifies something as well aspected?
all depends on the planets really whether it's benefic or malific.

malefics are saturn, uranus, neptune and pluto.....

easy aspects (depending on planets) are sextiles 60' and trines 120'

some planets get along well, others really don't get along well at all...
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
shouldn't we be talking how your/our mercury responds and is aspected. Oh, let's not forget your mercury/pluto IS contra parallel
All of "your" interpretations are based from others' views. Both my Mercury and Pluto are well aspected in my chart.

VIR SUN
, PIS MOON,VIR ASC
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Astrologer50,

Write in your own words what Mars' role is in the natal chart. Let's really discuss this now.
AGAIN I say I don't want to discuss archetypes or generalities as I have repeatedly said on this thread. I prefer to SEE charts and take an overall view rather than just take on planet or aspect out of context.....
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Banned

I'm sorry...we can't all have perfect charts *dripping with irony* attack via astrology is seriously immature.
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Banned

Astrologer50, what planets aspect your Mars, specifically Mercury? Bc a "good" aspect, just bc it's an easy one doesn't mean it's good. It may show that it's easy for you to get into arguments, as opposed to a "bad" aspect, that may block this energy, sometimes for your own protection. My Saturn conj Mars, has saved my life, probably, I'm sure.

Tags
astrology, bringer, chart, mars, means, natal