Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.

Unread 10-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Banned

Re: How to find your career in a chart

Alice, I apologise for calling you Trad, but I still think the information from that link could easily overwhelm complete beginners to astrology and well put them off altogether. it would me if I saw all those things on duads, etc

Unread 10-10-2011, 07:07 PM

A50, many members of this forum are not "complete beginners." If they are, they could be overwhelmed by anything. Intelligent beginners ask questions about anything they don't understand.... or spend some time on the Internet to look it up.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 10-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
A50, many members of this forum are not "complete beginners." If they are, they could be overwhelmed by anything. Intelligent beginners ask questions about anything they don't understand.... or spend some time on the Internet to look it up.
I understand BUT this is a *sticky* designed for beginners, is it NOT?
Unread 10-10-2011, 09:28 PM

That doesn't require an assumption that the reader (a) knows little or no astrology, and (b) is unlikely to learn any.

The concept of an oriental planet couldn't be simpler.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:10 AM

Ah.. I hadn't registered that this was a sticky for beginners.

However, career indicators are rarely shown through the tools available to beginner astrologers as these tend to be far too general. Duads and midpoints to the MC are very good tools to develop as they give a really strong indication as to the type of career.

The career flow chart will also give good indications as I have demonstrated on my website, using Barack Obama as an illustration.

For anyone interested, each Thursday Noel Tyl does a hands on tutorial on Careers through the Thursday's Vocational Exercises segment of his forum: http://www.noeltyl.com/discussion/.

Alice
The Following User Says Thank You to Alice McDermott For This Useful Post:
Kuntuzangmo (11-07-2015)
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice McDermott View Post
Ah.. I hadn't registered that this was a sticky for beginners.

However, career indicators are rarely shown through the tools available to beginner astrologers as these tend to be far too general. Duads and midpoints to the MC are very good tools to develop as they give a really strong indication as to the type of career.

The career flow chart will also give good indications as I have demonstrated on my website, using Barack Obama as an illustration.

For anyone interested, each Thursday Noel Tyl does a hands on tutorial on Careers through the Thursday's Vocational Exercises segment of his forum: http://www.noeltyl.com/discussion/.

Alice
thanks for the links they are helpful. Have you not noticed in every forum there are 'stickys' relating to the particular forum. there are loads in RMC for beginners, using reliable tried and tested techniques.
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:19 PM

I'mnotthere, probably you have investigated poetry as a career, and know that it is nearly impossible for anyone to make a living from it. Check out the living poets whom you most admire, and see how they support themselves.

Many authors are university faculty (either full- or part-time), commercial writers and editors, or have a spouse who is gainfully employed.

So you might need to separate out your vocation from your means of putting bread on the table.

But it seems to me that you are more in love with the idea, or even the romance, of being a poet, than you are coming from a place of having something that you really need to say in poetic form.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

BTW, are you familiar with: www.poetryfoundation.org and www.poets.org ?

The ruler of my MC is Mercury, and it is located in the 5th conjunct Venus, which rules the fine arts. I went through a poetry-writing phase (like many people) but it never developed into a career. And think about it. Millions of people have Mercury ruling the 10th and located in the 5th. The 5th rules all kinds of amusements (like gambling) as well as one's children. Who knows--if the ruler of your 5th is well situated, you could become a gambler rather than a poet.

"Destiny" is meaningless for anyone unwilling to get off the couch and do the hard work required to succeed in a highly competitive field. A horoscope suggests certain talents and limitations. It is not a computer print-out of how your life will actually turn out. If that were the case, we would just print out babies' horoscopes at birth, track them accordingly, and let "fate" take its course.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Last edited by wilsontc; 10-11-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Unread 10-24-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroGod View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2H1I4ItY4

I think if there is one sympathetic astrologer that believes in me, I'd say you watch this video that Jupiter has showed me, pretend the guy on the ground is Jupiter, I am the boy. Please, please. This was his way of communicating with me.
Jupiter is about the expansion of the mind. I think the only thing Jupiter is trying to tell you is to stop being closed minded!! You cannot force people into what YOU think is right, because western suits me perfectly! Transits fit, Virgo AC fits, Venus on my IC FITS! But I don't go around writing crazy persuasive speeches on why I'm right and everyone else is wrong.
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:43 PM

Yeah I agree with astro50, I need to be viewing a beginner thread on this!!!!!!! I think my head just exploded. Taurus midheave cap mars virgo 2nd, pisces 8th..... I thought 8th was the house of death or something final transformation? I guess it was mentioned also joint affairs????? Also things located in the 10th house? Like my Chiron in gemini 10th ((((((((( My retrograde mars will I have only a job at 80!>! No wonder I keep staying in university lol,

Last edited by Love2Know; 11-29-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Unread 11-29-2011, 07:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Frank

Below is a link to a post I made in another vocational thread. Attached to that thread is a worksheet I use to help show people how I identify the planets in each chart that are most concerned with vocation/occupation/job issues.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...3&postcount=17
FiliaVeneris (06-20-2018)
Unread 11-29-2011, 07:36 PM

I hear that!!!
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillcoil View Post
Thank you Frank.

What if the final dispositer/MC related planets lead to Jupiter in Gemini rx, conjunct IC opposing the MC?

I care a lot about career but its as if the path is blurred, not sure if I'll ever figure it out!
Jupiter in Gemini cannot be a Final Dispositor.
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:01 PM

To qualify as a Final Dispositor, there can only be one Planet in its Domicile and everything in the chart must dispose to it.

You do not have a Final Dispositor. You have Mars in Domicile, but you also have a closed circuit amongst Mercury and Venus. SOME things in you chart will dispose to Mars, others to the circuit.

Last edited by Frank; 11-29-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I thought it was standard to have a Final Dispositor, but I couldn't figure mine out.

The planets in the closed circuit are astrologically "weak" though aren't they? checking the vocational worksheet it seems that I should still lean towards Jupiter, Mercury, and Venus type of occupations.
If you fill out the full worksheet, which planet(s) have the highest totals?
Unread 11-29-2011, 10:12 PM

I think placidus is the most silliest house system to use. There can't be such thing as an intercepted sign, 30 degrees each house. Equal houses show the true house positions of the planets. People waste there time believing placidus is the right one to use. If every planet moves 30 degrees in each sign then it moves 30 degrees in each house, period.
Unread 11-29-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Multiple Final - Not sure what this is
Mutual Reception - Mercury/Venus - 2 points
Multiple Reception - None
Ascendant Ruler - Saturn - 3 points
Closest Applying Ptolemaic aspect to angle - possibly Venus square IC - 2 points
MC Ruler - Jupiter - 3 points
Planet conjunct MC - Moon - 2 points
Partile Ptolemaic aspect to MC - None
Planet in 10th House not conjunct MC - Saturn - 1 point
6th House ruler - Moon - 1 point
Planet in 6th house - None
Highest in Dignity - Possibly Mars - 3 points
Planet equal Sun/Moon or MC/Asc midpoint - None
Planet equal Aries point - Mars - 2 points
Out of Bounds - Saturn - 2 points
0 deg. Declination - Not sure what this is
First SA conjunct angle > puberty < Saturn return - Not sure what this is

Mercury - 2 points
Venus - 4 points
Saturn - 5 points
Jupiter - 3 points
Moon - 3 points
Mars - 5 points

I made a few errors which I'll learn about and correct over time. I would prefer careers that are more Jupiter/Mercury/Venus influenced, rather than Mars/Saturn, this probably explains some career difficulties of mine.
Please take a look at my article on the Education Board here:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=17099

Multiple dispositors occur when there are two or more planets in signs that they rule by domicile. You don't have this.

0 deg. Declination means any planet at 0 degrees of Declination.

First SA conjunct angle > puberty < Saturn return - Yours appears to be Pluto. It's a Solar Arc Direction.
Unread 11-29-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroGod View Post
I think placidus is the most silliest house system to use. There can't be such thing as an intercepted sign, 30 degrees each house. Equal houses show the true house positions of the planets. People waste there time believing placidus is the right one to use. If every planet moves 30 degrees in each sign then it moves 30 degrees in each house, period.
There are those who would disgree with this.
Unread 11-30-2011, 02:25 AM

Like me, Frank.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Unread 11-30-2011, 05:26 AM

ugh I want to look at the list but it's coming up in symbols. I hate vista!
Unread 12-01-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I'mnotthere, probably you have investigated poetry as a career, and know that it is nearly impossible for anyone to make a living from it. Check out the living poets whom you most admire, and see how they support themselves.

Many authors are university faculty (either full- or part-time), commercial writers and editors, or have a spouse who is gainfully employed.

So you might need to separate out your vocation from your means of putting bread on the table.

But it seems to me that you are more in love with the idea, or even the romance, of being a poet, than you are coming from a place of having something that you really need to say in poetic form.

BTW, are you familiar with: www.poetryfoundation.org and www.poets.org ?

The ruler of my MC is Mercury, and it is located in the 5th conjunct Venus, which rules the fine arts. I went through a poetry-writing phase (like many people) but it never developed into a career. And think about it. Millions of people have Mercury ruling the 10th and located in the 5th. The 5th rules all kinds of amusements (like gambling) as well as one's children. Who knows--if the ruler of your 5th is well situated, you could become a gambler rather than a poet.

"Destiny" is meaningless for anyone unwilling to get off the couch and do the hard work required to succeed in a highly competitive field. A horoscope suggests certain talents and limitations. It is not a computer print-out of how your life will actually turn out. If that were the case, we would just print out babies' horoscopes at birth, track them accordingly, and let "fate" take its course.

My aquarius MC ruler Saturn is in 9th house conjunct Mercury ,Asc and 5th house lord ,Ursnus in 4.
Jupiter is at MC square Neptune in 6

Even at age 49 I still dont know. I have a talent for drawing but my inability to sit for some hours a daymade it difficult for me to do Comics.
Unread 12-02-2011, 03:16 AM

Re: No vocational stickies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
Career options are assessed by MC any planets conjunct, where the ruler of MC is placed, it’s aspects, then 2nd house ‘how you earn your money’ and planets there, ruler of cusp and where it’s placed, then 6th house of ‘type of work you do’ any planets there and how they are aspected.

Researching rulers of houses will help you understand more where I joining the dots so to speak
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html
http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/astrology/LearningAstrology/housesDerived.htm
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm

Money & you
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/money_and_you.php
http://www.cafeastrology.com/astrologytopics/astrology_of_money_wealth.html
career significators
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/significators.html
Professional & Destiny
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/astrology_professional_destiny.php
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/significators.html

perhaps this thread could be made into a sticky??
Spot on!!!
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:00 PM

I wish there were more reference material for ordinary careers.. I have noticed very repetitive themes in charts of famous people by asking (the chart) how they make money and if they travel often. I'd like to read more non famed charts of various occupations to get a better handle on what I am seeing though. Maybe go to various work places and request birth info of all the employees haha.
Also, a fun thing to do: go to an astrology site where there are many natal charts to look at, click on a name you don't recognize and examine the chart without reading about the person to try and guess what they are recognized for.
Unread 12-08-2011, 11:59 PM

I agree, Danny-- we don't see a lot of charts for plumbers or electricians.

However, most occupations do have a planet or sign ruler. A good book that lists these is Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book (American Federation of Astrologers). Just look for a profession of interest, and see whether its ruler is strong in your chart, notably if it's on your MC.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Unread 12-20-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:

However, most occupations do have a planet or sign ruler. A good book that lists these is Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book (American Federation of Astrologers). Just look for a profession of interest, and see whether its ruler is strong in your chart, notably if it's on your MC.
I just googled this and looked up the rulers for an accountant: Mercury, Saturn, Gemini, Virgo, and the 8th House. Mercury is in Capricorn -2nd House in my chart, and makes a sextile to my Saturn in Scorpio - 11th House. My Moon and Chiron are conjunct in Gemini - 6th House. Virgo is intercepted in the 9th House, and my Part of Fortune and Vertex is in Leo -8th House. Mercury trines my MC and Saturn sextiles it. Does this sound like the makings of an ideal career for me? I have attempted and failed at 3 careers in the past:dental assistant, computer technician, and real estate agent. It's hard for me to find my ideal vocation(Neptune -Capricorn -1st square MC), but speaking with a family member got me thinking of this as a possibility. What do you guys think? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chart Supersized.jpg (82.0 KB, 14 views)
Unread 12-20-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossette353 View Post
I just googled this and looked up the rulers for an accountant: Mercury, Saturn, Gemini, Virgo, and the 8th House. Mercury is in Capricorn -2nd House in my chart, and makes a sextile to my Saturn in Scorpio - 11th House. My Moon and Chiron are conjunct in Gemini - 6th House. Virgo is intercepted in the 9th House, and my Part of Fortune and Vertex is in Leo -8th House. Mercury trines my MC and Saturn sextiles it. Does this sound like the makings of an ideal career for me? I have attempted and failed at 3 careers in the past:dental assistant, computer technician, and real estate agent. It's hard for me to find my ideal vocation(Neptune -Capricorn -1st square MC), but speaking with a family member got me thinking of this as a possibility. What do you guys think? Any assistance would be appreciated.
i also have neptune square mc from 6th house and went throug the same careerwise
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_w2gw_01_ll_m_hp_42715_7433.gif (45.1 KB, 8 views)

Tags
career, chart, find, stickies, vocational