Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 06-06-2019, 11:23 PM

I have Mars conjunct ASC, but I suck at sports.

From what I read, people with Mars conjunct the angles should be exceptional in sports and have a competitive streak, but I don't see that as being completely true in my case. Of course I enjoy competition of all sorts from time to time, but my athletic skills aren't the best - though, they're not the worse, either.

In my volleyball class I had been known to get laughed at for sometimes making poor moves. Luckily, it's mostly all fun in games though.

And the few times when I did made a great move via my occasional fast reflexes, my teammates would be utterly surprised and say good job to me. Although in general, I still kinda suck.

Can anyone figure out why from my natal chart? It always sorta puzzles me. And yes, I'm 100% sure that my TOB is correct.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mychart.jpg (52.9 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by xyclomatic; 06-06-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Unread 06-06-2019, 11:36 PM

Re: I have Mars conjunct ASC, but I suck at sports.

My Mars is not at an angle but I was a natural athlete.
Unread 06-07-2019, 12:44 AM

Interesting.
Unread 06-07-2019, 01:33 AM

It doesn't have to manifest in sports, particularly if you don't have it in control of vocation.
The Following User Says Thank You to petosiris For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (06-07-2019)
Unread 06-07-2019, 04:42 AM

Me too.

Mars conjuncts my Scorpio ascendant (in 1st house - and 1 orb), and I hate sport. So, I think it depends of the overall aspects and placements in the chart
Unread 06-07-2019, 05:22 AM

I have Mars in Scorpio in 5th house trines my Moon and Asc and I am (and always been) a celibate.

(You have a nice Yod aspect involves your Mars)

Last edited by helike13; 06-07-2019 at 05:26 AM.
Unread 06-07-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helike13 View Post
I have Mars in Scorpio in 5th house trines my Moon and Asc and I am (and always been) a celibate.

(You have a nice Yod aspect involves your Mars)

Interesting... and there's the stereotype that Scorpio Mars is highly-sexed, obsessive, and horny 24/7.

Looks like that isn't true in your case, lol.
Unread 06-07-2019, 08:34 AM

My mars is conjunct ascendent, and I am not interested, not good at, sports either. However, mars on the ascendent gives energy, and those who view me (through my ascendent) see me as an active person.
In your case, mars in virgo is not particularly aggressive, it is a workaholic position, and it sextiles your ascendent ruler mercury, very intellectual.
Which goes to prove that you have to be careful when looking at cookbook explanations of aspects, you have to look at the whole picture.
Unread 06-07-2019, 06:14 PM

I have Mars on my Midheaven yet it would be hard to find a lazier person I think. I'm rather lacking in energy, drive, aggression and any other Mars related keyword... I've never had any interest in sports or been very competitive in any other way.

My Mars is in Cancer, conjunct Mercury (and also sextile Moon, trine Pluto and opposite Neptune). I do have intellectual passions and am much more willing to make an intellectual effort. I can be rather assertive in my communication as well, quite blunt, though not in an aggressive way. That's about the extent of it though. Mars is just not much of a force in my chart.
Unread 06-07-2019, 06:17 PM

Actually, it would seem that it is a force. It expresses itself through the mercury conjunction and the Neptune opposition.
Unread 06-07-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Actually, it would seem that it is a force. It expresses itself through the mercury conjunction and the Neptune opposition.
Yeah I can see that being the case... but its effects are rather hidden for an angular Mars.
Unread 06-07-2019, 07:09 PM

It's a cancer mars.
Cancer isn't direct, it goes like the crab, sideways.....but gets to its destination.

"I can be rather assertive in my communication as well, quite blunt, though not in an aggressive way"
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
Domna (06-07-2019)

Tags
conjunct, mars, sports, suck