Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.

Unread 05-01-2018, 02:24 PM

Re: How to find your career in a chart

Are you able to tell from my chart why i gave up drawing comics in my teens?
After much travel I decided to join university at age 29 in order to teach english/german,but i interrupted my studies in 1996 cause i inherited from my dad`s side,and went on a trip to Oceânia. When I came back i didnt feel like continue my studies. But in 2009 i began to teach courtesy of a TEFL,but work is irregular-I teach the jobless,not at schools. My other interest is music.I started a band in 2013 but after a few gigs in 2014 we broke up and i`m trying to form a new band,but it`s been difficult.
Regarding teaching,I seem to lack the discipline and patience to be a teacher(too much Moon and Júpiter?), Saturn the MC ruler is in 9th but combust,but the 10th ruler Júpiter is not,and im too childlike for someone who is supposed to be a role model for students.
The Moon out of sect seems to be the reason i had problems with a few female bosses
Univesities seem to bring trouble.I wanted to finish my course at the open university this year,but delays from my previous university led to my giving up at least for this semester,but the open university want me to pay the semester cause i didnt call off my subscription in time. I seem to have a hard time getting the needed info from all universities,and that has been a nuisance. I also struggle with the local mentality,as we are supposed to work in groups,but im an individualist
All in all I feel more comfortable with music than teaching and speaking, but music is risky in a small country.There`s little support for bands.
Then of course,I love astrology but I only had a few clientes in 18 years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paulodance.jpg.jpg (40.9 KB, 12 views)

Unread 05-01-2018, 04:28 PM

The word "career" is not defined in traditional astrology so we have to translate into something else such as occupation, profession etc. Many people do not have anything and have to do whatever menial tasks modern society offers them. The planets rule various occupations with Mercury, Venus and Mars being very important, and the 10th, 6th and 2nd houses are consulted as well.

In your chart Mercury rules the first house. It is rather weak in the 9th house, but is in a fortunate position and has a trine aspect to the first house. The first house rules creativity, and you say you first considered drawing comics which is a very creative occupation. That is a possibility, but Mercury was not strong enough to keep you at it. Academic occupations are not indicated due to weak rulers.

The Moon in the 10th house is your strongest planet. It rules silversmiths, jewelers, bankers and perhaps accountants. It dominates the 10th since Jupiter is weak. The Moon also rules the 2nd house which indicates you have the ability to make or get money by some means: perhaps inheritance, investments, commodities, marriage etc.

Good luck with your search as you appear to have it.

And the wild regrets and the bloody sweats, None knew so well as I. For he who lives more lives than one, More deaths than one must die. -- Oscar Wilde
Unread 05-01-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culpeper View Post
The word "career" is not defined in traditional astrology so we have to translate into something else such as occupation, profession etc. Many people do not have anything and have to do whatever menial tasks modern society offers them. The planets rule various occupations with Mercury, Venus and Mars being very important, and the 10th, 6th and 2nd houses are consulted as well.

In your chart Mercury rules the first house. It is rather weak in the 9th house, but is in a fortunate position and has a trine aspect to the first house. The first house rules creativity, and you say you first considered drawing comics which is a very creative occupation. That is a possibility, but Mercury was not strong enough to keep you at it. Academic occupations are not indicated due to weak rulers.

The Moon in the 10th house is your strongest planet. It rules silversmiths, jewelers, bankers and perhaps accountants. It dominates the 10th since Jupiter is weak. The Moon also rules the 2nd house which indicates you have the ability to make or get money by some means: perhaps inheritance, investments, commodities, marriage etc.

Good luck with your search as you appear to have it.
First house rules creativity??
Moon is the public,emotions,I think any job dealing with public,like performing,teaching is ok,but it is out of sect. Anyway most of my activities are 9th house,except music
Unread 05-02-2018, 02:02 AM

Socrates, can you attach a more legible version of your chart? Try the free charts pages at www.astro.com . I'm having trouble reading the degrees on your planets. If I enlarge this chart, I lose the resolution.

Thanks.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 05-02-2018, 01:01 PM

here t is waybread thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p9.jpg (54.1 KB, 6 views)
Unread 05-02-2018, 09:28 PM

Socrates, I just realized that, if your birth date is correct, you are a man in his late 50s. What is it that you want out of a career reading at this point? You've explained all of the reasons why different types of work and education didn't work out for you. Are you looking for a new vocation now?? Which is fine, but if your chart shouted out a particular career, would you even be inclined to follow it? Also, your "teenage years" cover a 7 year span, so it would be helpful if you really wanted an answer that you didn't already know, if you posted transits for the time when you decided to give up cartoon drawing.

Your exact opposition between your 10th house moon (emotions) and Uranus (sudden change) can make it very hard for you to stick with one thing. Now you feel like something, now you don't. Then Jupiter square Neptune isn't the most realistic placement on the planet. (I know, because I have this aspect as well.)

Note that Uranus is the modern ruler of your midheaven.

As you've figured out by now, success in any career or educational program does require sticking with it even during those times when you don't feel like working at it, or when something else seems more appealing.

Also, roughly half the world's population will have the moon out-of-sect. (I'ts either day or night, right?) Where I think the trouble might come is with your moon conjunct Chiron and opposite Pluto. Kind of a Big Momma issue?

As you seem to enjoy travel and your sun is in the 9th house, have you thought of earning money through the travel industry?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
or1000 (08-14-2018)
Unread 05-02-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Socrates, I just realized that, if your birth date is correct, you are a man in his late 50s. What is it that you want out of a career reading at this point? You've explained all of the reasons why different types of work and education didn't work out for you. Are you looking for a new vocation now?? Which is fine, but if your chart shouted out a particular career, would you even be inclined to follow it? Also, your "teenage years" cover a 7 year span, so it would be helpful if you really wanted an answer that you didn't already know, if you posted transits for the time when you decided to give up cartoon drawing.

Your exact opposition between your 10th house moon (emotions) and Uranus (sudden change) can make it very hard for you to stick with one thing. Now you feel like something, now you don't. Then Jupiter square Neptune isn't the most realistic placement on the planet. (I know, because I have this aspect as well.)

Note that Uranus is the modern ruler of your midheaven.

As you've figured out by now, success in any career or educational program does require sticking with it even during those times when you don't feel like working at it, or when something else seems more appealing.

Also, roughly half the world's population will have the moon out-of-sect. (I'ts either day or night, right?) Where I think the trouble might come is with your moon conjunct Chiron and opposite Pluto. Kind of a Big Momma issue?

As you seem to enjoy travel and your sun is in the 9th house, have you thought of earning money through the travel industry?
when it comes to comics i think it was my perfectionism,and anyway i got interested in music, but outsider the anglo worls,living off pop music can be tough, i think any job that requires discipline doesnt suit me,but youre right,i no longer have the same drive. From what I see musical talent can come from oriental Venus and its conjunction with Veja,and maybe gemini asc and pisces moon as well,drawing must be venus or Mercury.I`m thinking of moving abroad for artistic purposes,but in june,when I was planning to do it,Mars will be hovering my 9th house and ntil september
Unread 06-25-2018, 01:16 PM

I would like to know the combination or triggers (transit, progression etc) responsible when a person switches to a different career line altogether.
Unread 06-25-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheerpat View Post

I would like to know the combination or triggers (transit, progression etc)

responsible when a person switches to a different career line altogether.
That's entirely dependent on individual astrological opinion
Modernist astrologers and Traditional astrologers differ
and Vedic and Chinese astrology have their own methods as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 06-27-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheerpat View Post

Oh do you see any such happening in my chart in near times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobZemco View Post

Anyway, there are like some 50+ surviving manuscripts of Ptolemy's work,
and no, Ptolemy did not write them,
rather other people copied them from other manuscripts, including the original manuscript.
All manuscripts have variations and deviations from one extent to another,
including the chapters being arranged out of order and amendations and deletions to the text

So, now we can see how doctrines and concepts get messed up in translation and misunderstanding over the centuries (and even recent days apparently).

As I mentioned on another thread
Ptolemy retells a method of calculating a Conception Chart
and from this Conception Chart, Ptolemy claimed one could determine the Native's future rank or station in life, whether the birth would be a single birth, or a multiple birth (like twins) and whether the child would be born deformed or have birth defects.

Someone copying Ptolemy's manuscript re-arranged the order of the chapters to make it appear that Ptolemy was using the Natal Chart to determine the Native's rank and station in life....instead of the Conception Chart.

Fast forward a few centuries, and you have Jewish and Arab astrologers pulling out their hair....or maybe their beards...trying to figure out why they keep failing when using Ptolemy's...on a Natal Chart....because they don't understand that Ptolemy was using a Conception Chart.....

snipped
.......So here we all are.....centuries later.....still trying to figure out how to determine a person's rank and fame in life....

snipped
......From 1900 BCE to 1700 CE, the Human Race actually got really dumb before they started to get smart (or I suppose less dumb), and they still ain't really all that....

snipped
.....Like Math and Science, in Astrology, you can get the right result for the wrong reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall View Post
I have...issues with the conception chart. Because I don't think, based on personal experience, that it actually works. I tested it with all three, and I'd have to go back a couple of years to my arguments with JUPITERASC about the prenatal Epoch to find my replies...

But it worked in none of the times.

My third was conceived on Dec. 25th 2004. If I remember correctly, her "conception chart" was off by at least a month.
Good idea to read Abu Bakr and then deduce as to whether the techniques he describes
to find the time of projection of seed into the womb aka Pre-Natal Epoch aka Conception Chart
are applicable or not - in particular to the charts you are studying

i.e.

PERSIAN NATIVITIES
Vol II Ben Dykes Translation

ABU BAKR
On Nativities
page 85
Chapter 1.2 On the projection of seed into the womb.

Page 89
Chapter 1.3 On the native's stay in the mother's womb

page 91
Chapter 1.4 On knowing the namudar and the hour of the projection of seed into the womb
    1. First Method
    2. Second Method
    3. Another way concerning the native's stay in the mother's belly [Ben Dykes notes that '….This seems to be a way of determining whether the birth was premature or not, to help in judging the date of conception. See Appendix C....']

page 93 to page 101
Chapter 1.5 Detailed planetary disposition of the months
[Ben Dykes notes that:

'...Here we see more clearly that this is the astrological equivalent of genetics, since the native's attitudes and abilities will be signified while already in the womb and not through teaching or experience after birth. This must be why Abu Bakr reports that these months are considered by some to be more important than the nativity – at least in terms of the native's behavior and character....']
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Tags
career, chart, find, stickies, vocational