Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Unread 04-09-2017, 04:38 AM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
If you've seen Libras make horrible decisions then yes that is probably why. Sometimes, Libras can get so afraid of making the wrong decision that they overthink it, lose touch with their intuition, and end up making the wrong decisions as a result.
Makes sense. I think, despite the fact that I am "in my head," ungrounded and feel disconnected from all things normally considered earthy, relying on my intuition comes easily because of Earth. While it doesn't seem to be commonly talked about, I feel that Earth can represent knowing -- like deep, visceral knowing. The right decision just resonates within your gut, within your body. Sometimes Mercury leads to overanalysis, but the inner wisdom usually prevails (at least for me). And, of course, Mercury is exalted in my chart so that probably helps.

Thank you for clarifying about Libras, I never fully understood how they could get cut off from their intuition (because really, it's not like they have terrible intuition)! I find that I'm always nudging them to trust their intuition more, but now I see that my approach is wrong. I never say, "stop overthinking," because I always believed that overthinking was more of a Virgo specialty lol and didn't realize this was what Libras were doing as well. Instead I say, "go with your intuition," and I think that's not what they need to hear. If it were so simple, they would already be doing it. They really need to be reminded that they are overthinking, and acknowledge that this ends up weakening all of their faculties -- not just intuitive faculties, but rational and emotional as well (this goes for anyone who overthinks, not just Libras). I know this firsthand; it's really important to work toward listening to the inner self, which is completely different from both the mind and emotions.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylph For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-09-2017)
  #52  
Unread 04-09-2017, 04:41 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post
Makes sense. I think, despite the fact that I am "in my head," ungrounded and feel disconnected from all things normally considered earthy, relying on my intuition comes easily because of Earth. While it doesn't seem to be commonly talked about, I feel that Earth can represent knowing -- like deep, visceral knowing. The right decision just resonates within your gut, within your body. Sometimes Mercury leads to overanalysis, but the inner wisdom usually prevails (at least for me). And, of course, Mercury is exalted in my chart so that probably helps.

Thank you for clarifying about Libras, I never fully understood how they could get cut off from their intuition (because really, it's not like they have terrible intuition)! I find that I'm always nudging them to trust their intuition more, but now I see that my approach is wrong. I never say, "stop overthinking," because I always believed that overthinking was more of a Virgo specialty lol and didn't realize this was what Libras were doing as well. Instead I say, "go with your intuition," and I think that's not what they need to hear. If it were so simple, they would already be doing it. They really need to be reminded that they are overthinking, and acknowledge that this ends up weakening all of their faculties -- not just intuitive faculties, but rational and emotional as well (this goes for anyone who overthinks, not just Libras). I know this firsthand; it's really important to work toward listening to the inner self, which is completely different from both the mind and emotions.
What are your house placements?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 04-09-2017, 04:43 AM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
What are your house placements?
Well, I'm sure you won't be surprised by this lol but Virgo Sun, Jupiter & Mercury in the 12th conjunct ASC and Taurus Moon in 8th.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylph For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-09-2017)
  #54  
Unread 04-09-2017, 04:47 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post
Well, I'm sure you won't be surprised by this lol but Virgo Sun, Jupiter & Mercury in the 12th conjunct ASC and Taurus Moon in 8th.
My intuition was correct!
I was thinking you were a 12th house Sun.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craft94 For This Useful Post:
sylph (04-09-2017)
  #55  
Unread 04-09-2017, 04:56 AM
SunRising SunRising is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
???? Gross. Like literally I wanna vomit after reading this.

Aries is all about action, quick decision-making. This is what people usually mean when they use the word "decisive", someone who will take charge of a situation immediately, without worrying over the consequences.

Libra is the sign of the judge.

Libra likes to think things over before taking action. This is what gives them their reputation for "indecisiveness."

This is a strong trait for a judge to have. Acting on gut-level reactions is not. However, this is not a good trait to have while at work and you have to make life or death decisions in the spur of the moment.

Libra does not want anyone making decisions for them.

The idea of it literally disgusts me.

If you think that's what Libras want, or if you think Libras are stupid and thoughtless, you totally misunderstand Libras
No, when YOU think of the word "decisive" you interpret as making a quick decision. Everybody else considers "decision" to mean :to decide upon a matter, which is Libra's weak point. Libra is all about keeping the status quo, not rocking the boat, their favorite throne is to sit on the fence. It may be a hard pill to swallow (which is why you may feel the urge to vomit) but it is not a secret that Libra's are indecisive. When Libra's do make decisions, from personal experience, it always seems to be the wrong one. Libras represent the scales of Justice, they prefer to have the scales be balanced rather than making a decision and have it be skewed. As for your last statement about me thinking Libra's to be stupid or thoughtless, I cant see how you came to that conclusion by me saying they are indecisive or perhaps they prefer another person to make the decision. Could this thought have come from how you are feeling about yourself?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:00 AM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
My intuition was correct!
I was thinking you were a 12th house Sun.
haha ughhh is it that easy to tell? It's not been the easiest lifetime, and though I know there are other things one could 'blame' in the chart, I'm always wishing that I didn't have a 12th house stellium. And it doesn't help that certain astrologers have tried to insinuate that I don't suffer as much as people with their planets further away from the ASC in the 12th. Not that I want to win a prize for suffering, but it's like, you don't know ****! I WISH I could be pulled out of the 12th for just a second!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 04-09-2017, 03:25 PM
nOtsOanoNymousS nOtsOanoNymousS is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: everywhere you dream about
Posts: 16
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

I think, in my opinion and personal experience with Libras that their indecisiveness comes from what they actually symbolize, a scale; they're an air sign= communicators, thinkers, logical minds so while they're the judges of the zodiac (along with some other signs) they're also diplomats and people pleasers, they want an harmonious and rewarding life after all; so I think that, in order to do this in this way they need to put on the plates, on each side of the scale everything they need to consider, in order to make THE best decision. So I think it could also be reasonable for them to "make a mistake", because absolute truth , perfect choices simply don't exist, and maybe because they get anxiety and so on from doing that, as they don't like to be constantly in the spotlight (mars fall); while I think that virgos, for example, are that kind of judges (as you were saying, more in an analytical, meticulous way) they are more, not blunt, like they always care in what they believe, and most of the time they have reasonable motives to do that, not that they're better in this way but they're simply less people pleasers and more of "I speak for myself" kind of ppl. For those reasons I think that Libras are the less cardinal sign in this way, their still cardinal (active, ambitious people) but they could have troubles with being initiatiors and decision makers, I'm afraid.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 04-09-2017, 03:30 PM
nOtsOanoNymousS nOtsOanoNymousS is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: everywhere you dream about
Posts: 16
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

All of that said, don't get me wrong, I think Libras are one of the best signs to discuss about things, they're very open minded and they can beautifully come in terms with different topics; it's just that , as I said, they're too much people pleasers and mars doesn't help them.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 04-09-2017, 03:34 PM
nOtsOanoNymousS nOtsOanoNymousS is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: everywhere you dream about
Posts: 16
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Not come in terms with but something like that, sorry for my bad english
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 04-09-2017, 03:41 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRising View Post
No, when YOU think of the word "decisive" you interpret as making a quick decision. Everybody else considers "decision" to mean :to decide upon a matter, which is Libra's weak point. Libra is all about keeping the status quo, not rocking the boat, their favorite throne is to sit on the fence. It may be a hard pill to swallow (which is why you may feel the urge to vomit) but it is not a secret that Libra's are indecisive. When Libra's do make decisions, from personal experience, it always seems to be the wrong one. Libras represent the scales of Justice, they prefer to have the scales be balanced rather than making a decision and have it be skewed. As for your last statement about me thinking Libra's to be stupid or thoughtless, I cant see how you came to that conclusion by me saying they are indecisive or perhaps they prefer another person to make the decision. Could this thought have come from how you are feeling about yourself?
First of all, Google the definition for "decisive."

Second of all, I am a Libra. I think I have a better idea of what Libras are about than you do. It seems to me as if you're simply repeating what you've read.

Third of all, yes, letting someone else make decisions for you is the equivalent of not thinking for yourself which is the equivalent of stupidity. I don't trust anyone to make decisions for me. Most people don't share Libra's strengths of reflection and objectivity. Most people operate on gut-level reactions. Do Libras make bad decisions? Yes we do, everyone does and this is WHY. Listening to other people, rather than trusting ourselves, is exactly what causes problems for us. I'm speaking from experience when I say this. I can think of specific incidents where this has happened: other people, more confident in their decisions than Libra, tell me what I should do, causing me doubt my own decision-making process, I listen to what they say and in the end, it turns out my initial impressions were right (probably because I've considered every angle). This has happened time and time again

Last edited by craft94; 04-09-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 04-09-2017, 03:45 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post
haha ughhh is it that easy to tell? It's not been the easiest lifetime, and though I know there are other things one could 'blame' in the chart, I'm always wishing that I didn't have a 12th house stellium. And it doesn't help that certain astrologers have tried to insinuate that I don't suffer as much as people with their planets further away from the ASC in the 12th. Not that I want to win a prize for suffering, but it's like, you don't know ****! I WISH I could be pulled out of the 12th for just a second!
Well, on the bright side, it's probably what makes you more intuitive and less OVERLY analytical than the average Virgo stellium person. I have a 12th house Moon-SN conjunction so I can relate

Last edited by craft94; 04-09-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craft94 For This Useful Post:
sylph (04-09-2017)
  #62  
Unread 04-09-2017, 03:56 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOtsOanoNymousS View Post
I think, in my opinion and personal experience with Libras that their indecisiveness comes from what they actually symbolize, a scale; they're an air sign= communicators, thinkers, logical minds so while they're the judges of the zodiac (along with some other signs) they're also diplomats and people pleasers, they want an harmonious and rewarding life after all; so I think that, in order to do this in this way they need to put on the plates, on each side of the scale everything they need to consider, in order to make THE best decision. So I think it could also be reasonable for them to "make a mistake", because absolute truth , perfect choices simply don't exist, and maybe because they get anxiety and so on from doing that, as they don't like to be constantly in the spotlight (mars fall); while I think that virgos, for example, are that kind of judges (as you were saying, more in an analytical, meticulous way) they are more, not blunt, like they always care in what they believe, and most of the time they have reasonable motives to do that, not that they're better in this way but they're simply less people pleasers and more of "I speak for myself" kind of ppl. For those reasons I think that Libras are the less cardinal sign in this way, their still cardinal (active, ambitious people) but they could have troubles with being initiatiors and decision makers, I'm afraid.
I disagree with the majority of this. I dont think I'm much of a "people pleaser." Not every Virgo I meet is a people pleaser either but I've met plenty (mostly women) who certainly seem that way; very shy and they don't speak much and I think this often stems from a fear of saying the wrong thing, whereas Libras are generally more social. However, a lot of Virgo Suns have planets in Libra and vice versa (personally most of the Virgo Suns I know have Mercury in Libra and most of the Libra Suns I know have Venus in Virgo). So I guess in some ways it can be hard to differentiate the two.

I speak as a Libra, without any Virgo planets (unless you count Chiron which I don't), though I do have a 6th house stellium

Libras and Virgo's are actually very similar when you think about it, very different too though. I find this is often the case with adjacent signs, like Aquarius and Pisces. They're both perfectionists in their own way and they both overthink and they both are stereotyped to be more innocent than they really are (Virgo's being the virgin and all). And they're both associated with judgement and objectivity, though Virgo, I think is more of a "critic" than a judge. I think they're different though. Virgo is more about perfecting a skill. Virgo will overthink what they're doing - for example, maybe they want their essay to be perfect (although I can honestly relate to this to, I associate more work-related things with Virgo.) Libra is more about social matters. They want to strive for the perfect ideal of fairness and harmony.

But you're totally right about where Libras "indecisiveness" comes from. The thing is, I don't think this is always a bad thing - this isn't bad for a judge or a journalist sticking to the facts or anyone who has to make a broader decision - but we live in a culture that values fast action, quick decision making, and Libras often feel rushed. IMO, there are two main reasons why Libras make bad decisions and I speak from experience: 1. Being rushed 2. Listening too much to other people and doubting your own intuition as a result. This is not something Libras should be doing.

Last edited by craft94; 04-09-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craft94 For This Useful Post:
sylph (04-09-2017)
  #63  
Unread 04-09-2017, 04:17 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

What I'm saying about decisiveness in our culture:

Let's take two people:

one person, like my dad or Donald Trump has very little clue as to what they're talking about but because they speak with confidence and convinction, people trust them and mistake them for being smart and "decisive".

Another person; me or just about any Libra or Virgo too for that matter, especially if they're female, has a better idea of what they're saying but because they're not sure of themselves, people don't listen or trust them. It doesn't matter if what they're saying makes logical sense or not: if they don't even have confidence in themselves, why should we have confidence in them?

Last edited by craft94; 04-09-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craft94 For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (04-09-2017)
  #64  
Unread 04-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,093
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
What I'm saying about decisiveness in our culture:

Let's take two people:

one person, like my dad or Donald Trump has very little clue as to what they're talking about but because they speak with confidence and convinction, people trust them and mistake them for being smart and "decisive".

Another person; me or just about any Libra or Virgo too for that matter, especially if they're female, has a better idea of what they're saying but because they're not sure of themselves, people don't listen or trust them. It doesn't matter if what they're saying makes logical sense or not: if they don't even have confidence in themselves, why should we have confidence in them?
Yes I struggle to get people to listen to what I say seriously because I am young and female and if you have a quiet voice and people listen to what looks good because it is safe and not actually true.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-09-2017)
  #65  
Unread 04-09-2017, 04:28 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Yes I struggle to get people to listen to what I say seriously because I am young and female and if you have a quiet voice and people listen to what looks good because it is safe and not actually true.
Yes, it's true regardless of what your sign is.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craft94 For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (04-09-2017)
  #66  
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:20 PM
SunRising SunRising is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOtsOanoNymousS View Post
I think, in my opinion and personal experience with Libras that their indecisiveness comes from what they actually symbolize, a scale; they're an air sign= communicators, thinkers, logical minds so while they're the judges of the zodiac (along with some other signs) they're also diplomats and people pleasers, they want an harmonious and rewarding life after all; so I think that, in order to do this in this way they need to put on the plates, on each side of the scale everything they need to consider, in order to make THE best decision. So I think it could also be reasonable for them to "make a mistake", because absolute truth , perfect choices simply don't exist, and maybe because they get anxiety and so on from doing that, as they don't like to be constantly in the spotlight (mars fall); while I think that virgos, for example, are that kind of judges (as you were saying, more in an analytical, meticulous way) they are more, not blunt, like they always care in what they believe, and most of the time they have reasonable motives to do that, not that they're better in this way but they're simply less people pleasers and more of "I speak for myself" kind of ppl. For those reasons I think that Libras are the less cardinal sign in this way, their still cardinal (active, ambitious people) but they could have troubles with being initiatiors and decision makers, I'm afraid.
I agree with all of this
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:30 PM
SunRising SunRising is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
First of all, Google the definition for "decisive."

Second of all, I am a Libra. I think I have a better idea of what Libras are about than you do. It seems to me as if you're simply repeating what you've read.

Third of all, yes, letting someone else make decisions for you is the equivalent of not thinking for yourself which is the equivalent of stupidity. I don't trust anyone to make decisions for me. Most people don't share Libra's strengths of reflection and objectivity. Most people operate on gut-level reactions. Do Libras make bad decisions? Yes we do, everyone does and this is WHY. Listening to other people, rather than trusting ourselves, is exactly what causes problems for us. I'm speaking from experience when I say this. I can think of specific incidents where this has happened: other people, more confident in their decisions than Libra, tell me what I should do, causing me doubt my own decision-making process, I listen to what they say and in the end, it turns out my initial impressions were right (probably because I've considered every angle). This has happened time and time again
Clearly you are operating from a place of defense. It could be because you are a Libra and you don't like the indecisive trait in yourself so now you come here with attempts to manipulate the facts, words, and so forth to fit your narrative. By the way, I find it gut bursting funny that you say I may be reading too many books then in the same breath tell me to Google as if Google is more reputable than books 😁. Anywho, anyone who has experienced a libra or studied astrology for just a millisecond will know that Libra is indecisive. The do not like to rock the boat and prefer to be indecisive than to a tip the scales. If you do not appreciate this trait about yourself than change it. We all have free will and nothing is set in stone.

Last edited by SunRising; 04-09-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:32 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

I always read about what annoying people pleasers Libras are in an attempt to be fair but in real life, I see the opposite happening. I see people getting more annoyed with Libra's apparent contrarianism.

I know for me, I never deliberately try to be contrary but I often get annoyed at the gut-level reactions of more partisan types and feel a need to look into or defend the other side in an attempt to be fair. People find this more annoying than trying to blend in with the status quo (which isn't something I do - if I did, I'd be more popular).

With me, this could be a Libra Sun and Mercury square Uranus in action but I've also noticed this with non-Uranian Libras, particularly the men.
Rather than desperately wanting to be liked, they take the opposite, unpopular side in attempt to be fair.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:34 PM
nOtsOanoNymousS nOtsOanoNymousS is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: everywhere you dream about
Posts: 16
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
I disagree with the majority of this. I dont think I'm much of a "people pleaser." Not every Virgo I meet is a people pleaser either but I've met plenty (mostly women) who certainly seem that way; very shy and they don't speak much and I think this often stems from a fear of saying the wrong thing, whereas Libras are generally more social. However, a lot of Virgo Suns have planets in Libra and vice versa (personally most of the Virgo Suns I know have Mercury in Libra and most of the Libra Suns I know have Venus in Virgo). So I guess in some ways it can be hard to differentiate the two.

I speak as a Libra, without any Virgo planets (unless you count Chiron which I don't), though I do have a 6th house stellium

Libras and Virgo's are actually very similar when you think about it, very different too though. I find this is often the case with adjacent signs, like Aquarius and Pisces. They're both perfectionists in their own way and they both overthink and they both are stereotyped to be more innocent than they really are (Virgo's being the virgin and all). And they're both associated with judgement and objectivity, though Virgo, I think is more of a "critic" than a judge. I think they're different though. Virgo is more about perfecting a skill. Virgo will overthink what they're doing - for example, maybe they want their essay to be perfect (although I can honestly relate to this to, I associate more work-related things with Virgo.) Libra is more about social matters. They want to strive for the perfect ideal of fairness and harmony.

But you're totally right about where Libras "indecisiveness" comes from. The thing is, I don't think this is always a bad thing - this isn't bad for a judge or a journalist sticking to the facts or anyone who has to make a broader decision - but we live in a culture that values fast action, quick decision making, and Libras often feel rushed. IMO, there are two main reasons why Libras make bad decisions and I speak from experience: 1. Being rushed 2. Listening too much to other people and doubting your own intuition as a result. This is not something Libras should be doing.
Shy≠ people pleaser, in fact (talking in general as usual, not knowing all virgo's natal charts I met in my life, as you, having a stellium in 6th house could have some virgo qualitites of the house, and maybe that's why you don't think you're a people pleaser) virgo's are known for being workaholic, competent in what they do but having troubles for standing up for themselves, OR for being too much humble, humile in their behaviour, a little like pisces I would say (though we're still very different). And yes, as I said they're more judgemental in a critical and analytical way than you libras, but as I said that doesn't mean being people pleasers and I think they're more reserved, being also an earthy and mutuable sign (instead you're a cardinal air sign, very active and ambitious).
Hmm I don't think neither virgo's or libras appear/are innocent (actually every sign is not innocent, but them in particular, to me, are/come off as very wise and wary, and rational), at all.
Yes, in my previous comment I also said that it's not a bad thing at all, it all depends on which quality we see as the most rewarding in this society; of course it's required to be an assertive and charismatic person in this world, and all those who lack in this way tend to be less considered, and that obviously *****(I know so many moons in aries who are all rethorical but have poor or "wrong" substance). But it's all up to us to develope these skills (which we already have, just need to be improved and worked on) and assert ourselves in life; if we make it, we'll be able to tell we speak for good reasons. So astrology here doesn't do much (or at least, it's not an excuse).

Last edited by nOtsOanoNymousS; 04-09-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:35 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,527
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

What you all say is true. Libras make the weakest, most indecisive, and wishy-washy leaders. These people can't make decisions to save their lives!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-09-2017), Ukpoohbear (04-09-2017)
  #71  
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:43 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,527
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

This person gets walked over all the time. She should be less of a fence sitter and more decisive goddamit.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-09-2017), Ukpoohbear (04-09-2017)
  #72  
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:44 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRising View Post
Clearly you are operating from a place of defense. It could be because you are a Libra and you don't like the indecisive trait in yourself so now you come here with attempts to manipulate the facts, words, and so forth to fit your narrative. By the way, I find it gut bursting funny that you say I maybe reading too many books then in the same breath tell me to Google as if Goole is more reputable than books 😁. Anywho, anyone who has experienced a libra or studied astrology for just a millisecond will know that Libra is indecisive. The do not like to rock the boat and prefer to be indecisive than to a tip the scales. If you do not appreciate this trait about yourself than change it. We all have free will and nothing is set in stone.
Lmfaooo who do you think you are? Sigmund Freud? It seems like you're the one who's projecting.
You're trying to make me into someone I'm not. Why do you care so much? Did a Libra break your heart? Are you jealous of us?

I'm not a Libra. My Sun is in Libra. Mercury is also in Libra. But I also have a Gemini Ascendant, Taurus Moon, Scorpio stellium, Leo Mars, Sun in the 5th house, a badly aspected Venus, and plenty of other things that could make me different than the average Libra.

I'm not offended that people say these things about Libra's. I don't give a **** if you like me. I don't know you nor do I want to know you. I have no need to defend myself to you.

However, the descriptions I see of Libra online and in astrological cookbooks, don't even make sense. They don't match up with the mythology of the sign itself nor do they match up with what I see in any of the Libras I know in real life.
I'm constantly hearing Libra people say, "I don't feel like my sun sign," or non-Libras telling Libra people, "you're nothing like a Libra!" (People have even said this to me) Often the response to it, will be something like, "oh look at your whole chart, maybe you're a capricorn rising," etc, etc. This is true. You are not just your Sun sign. But considering that every Libra I know is "not your typical Libra," and every Libra I know has a certain common energy I can sense and it's easy for me to guess them as such, I think a lot of these cookbook descriptions are just plain wrong.

Give me some examples of Libras you know in real life, like Sylph did, and that way I'll know you're not parroting what you've read on CafeAstrology.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:46 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,527
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

I could tell this guy had Libra Rising. He was so meek and soft-spoken that I doubt even the rats in his kitchen could hear his voice.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-09-2017), Ukpoohbear (04-09-2017)
  #74  
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:51 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOtsOanoNymousS View Post
Shy≠ people pleaser, in fact (talking in general as usual, not knowing all virgo's natal charts I met in my life, as you, having a stellium in 6th house could have some virgo qualitites of the house, and maybe that's why you don't think you're a people pleaser) virgo's are known for being workaholic, competent in what they do but having troubles for standing up for themselves, OR for being too much humble, humile in their behaviour, a little like pisces I would say (though we're still very different). And yes, as I said they're more judgemental in a critical and analytical way than you libras, but as I said that doesn't mean being people pleasers and I think they're more reserved, being also an earthy and mutuable sign (instead you're a cardinal air sign, very active and ambitious).
Hmm I don't think neither virgo's or libras appear/are innocent (actually every sign is not innocent, but them in particular, to me, are/come off as very wise and wary, and rational), at all.
Yes, in my previous comment I also said that it's not a bad thing at all, it all depends on which quality we see as the most rewarding in this society; of course it's required to be an assertive and charismatic person in this world, and all those who lack in this way tend to be less considered, and that obviously *****(I know so many moons in aries who are all rethorical but have poor or "wrong" substance). But it's all up to us to develope these skills (which we already have, just need to be improved and worked on) and assert ourselves in life; if we make it, we'll be able to tell we speak for good reasons. So astrology here doesn't do much (or at least, it's not an excuse).
6th house =/= Virgo

I think if anything it's probably my badly aspected Venus that makes me less of a people pleaser or it could be the Uranus squares.

I didn't say Virgos were people-pleasers. I said some of them but I don't think either Virgo or Libra are necessarily people-pleasers. In theory, Libra wants peace and harmony for everyone but these are ideals and group harmony won't necessarily please all individualals. Libras are aware of this.

However, Virgos are associated with service. If service isn't people-pleasing, I don't know what is.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:55 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,527
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

An intermission in pop astrology land. Traditionally Libra was classified as a violent sign and is also the exaltation of Saturn. In the thema mundi it is located at the IC (end of life). Take a look at the mythology of Ma'at to see how all of these elements combine - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maat

"Libra" wasn't invented in the 1900s
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-09-2017), sylph (04-09-2017), Ukpoohbear (04-09-2017)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.