Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 06-24-2014, 09:36 AM

Re: Your Astrology Weekly Screen Name

My Name is:- gregoryscott

Unread 08-11-2014, 11:28 PM

Talking Re: Your Astrology Weekly Screen Name

well a while ago me and my boyfriend wanted matching usernames with the same letter. So i made my name CuteCap (cap because i'm a capricorn and he says i'm cute all the time but cute was mostly because it goes with cap). but most of the credit goes to him because he's the one that came up with the idea to have matching names and we thought long and hard about what my new username should be. and he is CaringCrab because he is a cancer and is caring like a wittle crab.
Unread 10-23-2014, 01:51 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

My screen name is a constellation, though not of the zodiac. It's the Spanish name for the Little Dipper. In Spanish, the big and little dippers are Osa Mayor and Osa Menor--Older Bear and Younger Bear. And they're osas, not osos, so they're specifically female bears, not male bears and not just plain bears with no gender specified. The Latin name for those constellations is essentially the same--Ursa Major and Ursa Minor--and the idea that those constellations are bears is found worldwide. There are plenty of Native American stories about the big and little bear in the sky, predating European contact.

While Ursa Minor would have probably done just as well, I prefer to use the Spanish name for a couple of reasons: minor sounds like trivial, of lesser importance, and Latin sounds stuffy to me, but Spanish is a warm and friendly language, and menor doesn't sound like anything unimportant, it's simply the Spanish word for younger.

What that has to do with me... long story. I relate it to my sun sign's archetype, and if you don't want to read the whole thing, feel free to stop here.....

The first astrology book I read through and actually absorbed was Steven Forrest's "The Inner Sky." He suggests getting a quick read on a birth chart by identifying the archetypes of the sun, moon, and rising signs. The birth chart's owner is the archetype of their sun sign, with the soul of their moon sign's archetype, wearing the mask of their rising sign's archetype. Each sign has several possible archetypes, so it's not a case of one size fits all.

For Leo, my sun sign, the archetype I identify with most is the Child. People have called me young spirited and playful, and I'm always told I look at least ten years younger than I am, so that fits. Plus, I'm definitely curious about things, have lots of the "wide eyed wonder attitude" (also in keeping with my Sagittarius moon--soul of the student or gypsy!).

Forrest also suggests the Clown, the Performer, and the King or Queen as Leo archetypes. Clown and Performer don't resonate with me at all, so I just chucked those, but Queen... maybe. It doesn't feel like what I am now. But it does feel like what I could become. And sun sign doesn't just indicate who you are, it also indicates who you need to become. And my sun is in the eighth house, house of transformation, so right there, it seems like I have an imperative to transform over the course of my life. I'm not just the Child, I'm the Child growing into the Queen.

The younger bear is also the Child growing into the Queen... if we shift the archetype a bit so that the Queen is Mother Bear and the Child is Daughter Bear. In the real world, daughter bears grow up to be mother bears, and it happens while they sleep. Bears give birth during winter hibernation. So a young female bear enters her den as a girl, not a mother, and wakes up transformed into Mother Bear.

I'm Osamenor now because I sense that I'm still the younger bear. Maybe when I'm an old lady, I can call myself Osa Mayor.
Unread 12-27-2014, 01:30 AM

I am weird and odd...not many socially awkward pot smoking metalheads with a love for horror/fantasy, occult subjects and learning around. I'm also a dork. :P
Unread 02-22-2015, 05:33 AM

Smile Re: Your Astrology Weekly Screen Name

I have an interest in astrology for a long time: tropical and sidereal, and with my b-date on Feb. 15, I noticed Aquarius began to feel Piscean and in sidereal, the sun enters Aquarius from Capricorn. My SN Cap(ricorn)+Aqua(rius)+Pis(ces) = my triplicity of what my Sun sign should be. Aquarius moon (double the Aquarian power) and Cancer ascendant too, but I'm more watery with a crab, sea-goat and a fish on my sides.
Unread 07-05-2015, 05:07 PM

cool beans. cool band. cool name.
Unread 07-05-2015, 05:44 PM

I didn’t know what username to choose… because of my Sun in Aquarius sign and Uranus connected with Aquarius (with a modern approach of course) I chose "urano", but I think it was a wrong choice for me, unfortunately.

I think a better choice would have been to choose another username connected to a fixed star or a constellation.
But it’s too late, the chips are down, so I am "urano"

Last edited by urano; 07-05-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Unread 07-05-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urano View Post

I didn’t know what username to choose… because of my Sun in Aquarius sign and Uranus connected with Aquarius (with a modern approach of course)
I chose "urano", but I think it was a wrong choice for me, unfortunately.

I think a better choice would have been to choose another username connected to a fixed star or a constellation.
But it’s too late, the chips are down, so I am "urano
"
The chips may be down but all is not lost!
because
'Urano' in Old Greek means 'Sky'

and furthermore by the way
your user name IS connected to the fixed stars!

Because
uranography = the astronomical study and mapping of the heavens especially the fixed stars
and involves the mapping of the stars and galaxies.

'....uranography is the branch of astronomy
that deals with the description of the heavens
by constructing maps and charts
especially of the fixed stars.
Also called uranology.
uranographer, uranographist, n.
uranographic, uranographical, adj.......'

Source: -Ologies & -Isms. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 07-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Vyri Send a message via AIM to Vyri Send a message via MSN to Vyri Send a message via Yahoo to Vyri
Wink Re: Your Astrology Weekly Screen Name

Kabal was used in my search for a name, and the sentiment of my Grandmother-an Astrologer, with her creative venue. Her pseudonym Valeria, was for a Latin Spanish name. Vyri sounds like free and to me I know it as close to verity or VERITAS.
My Grandmother had some books that I latched onto that had French Latin derivatives.
Venus for V=6; Y=the two paths and Uranus ruler of Astrologers; R=The Moon; I=10 or Uranus lightening sight of clarity.

Back then I tried to form the harmonics to the name fitting into my chart and came up with the name VYRI. I was 12 and the sounding of it stuck in my conscience. I like the letters and the French/Latin use of the language. It is a romantic language. The choice was one of personal creative understanding. Venus in my chart as well as Uranus are among some of the highest values in astrodyne equivalency and up there in the 9th house in my chart.
Quirky but full of meaning only to me. I loved my Grandmother whom taught me astrology at a youthful age, very much.

All the best Vyri

Last edited by Vyri; 07-05-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Unread 07-05-2015, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
The chips may be down but all is not lost!
because
'Urano' in Old Greek means 'Sky'

and furthermore by the way
your user name IS connected to the fixed stars!

Because
uranography = the astronomical study and mapping of the heavens especially the fixed stars
and involves the mapping of the stars and galaxies.
It's a good thing to remember that Urano means Sky in old Greek. And I love the sky.
Concerning uranography I didn't know at all.
So it was a good inspiration finally, but I didn't realize it on the time! Thanks JUPITERASC
The Following User Says Thank You to urano For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (07-05-2015)
Unread 09-21-2015, 01:26 PM

Chongjasmine is a combination of my surname and my christian name.
And I use this name in almost every forum I go to, and not just here.
Unread 10-08-2015, 09:41 PM

Mine was supposed to be witchcraft with a B but apparently it's against the rules, so the moderator changed it

It isn't a complain. It just is. I figure people are wondering what "craft" is supposed to mean. Arts and crafts? No.

94 is my birth year

Last edited by craft94; 10-08-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Unread 10-08-2015, 09:50 PM

TheV stands for theVirgo
Unread 10-09-2015, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
Mine was supposed to be witchcraft with a B but apparently it's against the rules, so the moderator changed it

It isn't a complain. It just is. I figure people are wondering what "craft" is supposed to mean. Arts and crafts? No.

94 is my birth year
Every time I see your name I think of Macaroni and cheese. Good job Kraft's marketing team.

I chose my name because at the time I had a strong interest in conspiracies and was apart of the site abovetopsecret. I was also known in my circle as a lodge member which I thought was really hilarious considering my beliefs at the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
craft94 (10-09-2015)
Unread 10-13-2015, 10:33 AM

Although i use thread name monk, it has classical implications regarding study, i study classical implications of "Golden Spiral", please note my aspirations of golden spiral is that i may have studied it over a few life times, there is nothing godlike about me, i would find it humerous if you tried!

http://www.mauricefernandez.com/phpb...f=2&t=2&t=1989
Unread 10-13-2015, 10:41 AM

Puzzle below over psychic drawing, what is meaning?

http://2012forum.com/forum/download/...4649&mode=view

It is my psychic drawing, and will make your eyes go cross-eyed, but what is my symbolism, if any?

I may be a nut ha ha!!!!!
Unread 10-14-2015, 05:48 PM

Honestly... A lot of people could never spell my name (Heidi) and I never thought I'd stay on this forum for more than a few days.... So, I thought a spelling of how my name sounds like. Perhaps a random thought. I didn't even bother to make the "h" as uppercase letter.

Last edited by haidee; 10-14-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Unread 11-08-2015, 11:55 PM

I tried many names (all taken), so I searched for a list of constellation names and I liked Cassiopeia... and it was not taken yet
Later I searched the meaning of it and did not like very much the story of the vain queen who boasted about her unrivaled beauty, but it was too late for any change
Unread 11-23-2015, 07:10 PM

Its a spiritual name meaning singing woman.
The Following User Says Thank You to dowhanawi For This Useful Post:
david starling (11-24-2015)
Unread 12-17-2015, 05:28 PM
Banned

Atlantika- because I love the sea. Zany because I'm kinda kooky.
Unread 03-17-2016, 12:33 PM

Sun sign & life path number
Unread 09-03-2016, 04:47 PM

I wanted to combine the words apple and Leo.
Unread 09-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Account Closed

Bambi is a ******* cute deer and 95 is my birth year. So original, I know.

It's also an inside joke among friends. The Bambi part.
Unread 09-03-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi95 View Post
Bambi is a ******* cute deer and 95 is my birth year. So original, I know.

It's also an inside joke among friends. The Bambi part.
Thumper is a cute bunny.
Unread 09-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Thumper is a cute bunny.
......LOL. Snapple, one of my online friends calls himself Thumper.