What is the 4 Pillars?What does mine say about me?

I've been digging into Chinese Astrology and learn more and more stuff.There's probably someone here who knows the Chinese Astrology beyond the Animal Signs.So I ask for your help.

One thing I learned was the 4 Pillars.

Here is my 4 Pillars.

tumblr_mc1oz1SlrV1rhh7qoo1_400.jpg

From what I can interpret, the “Year of the Animal” Sign is merely just the general spirit of a person and like the Sun Sign in Western Astrology, it is over rated and over exaggerated in its importance by the general public, newspapers,and mainstream Chinese Horoscope books and pamphlets you can pick up in Walmart.Other aspects of the chart such as the Ascendant in Western Astrology and the True Animal in Chinese Astrology actually are more important than the “Year of the Animal” and the Sun Signs.

I may be wrong but I interpret the Aspects of the Four Pillars as being the equivalents of the following Western Astrology placements:

Year of the Animal=Sun Sign

Inner Animal=Moon Sign

True Animal=Rising Sign

Secret Animal=Midheaven

I may be wrong of course (I’m just a beginner in Chinese Astrology and actually know far more in Western Astrology >.<.) but thats how I interpret it.

I'm eager to learn more about the 4 Pillars and Chinese Astrology in general so please correct me!

Oh FYI please note my Secret Animal might be an Earth Pig instead of Dog. I don't got exact time so I used an approximate one for now 9:00 PM, which is tthe exact moment the signs changed. So until I get a more precise time of birth, if you could can you tell me the description for both a Metal Dog and Earth Pig as Secret Animals?

Last edited:

James Williams

There are several fine books regarding The Four Pillars of Destiny written in the English language by Lily Chung, Jerry King, and Joey Yap, among others. You can preview their books at sites such as amazon.com.