Self harm and harsh aspects to the ascendant

or1000

Recently looking at a chart of somebody who is very harsh on themselves, and will stop at nothing to feel great, not just visually but for the most part, inwardly. Looking at specifically Aries Mars sq Virgo Ascendant in combination with Aqua Venus sq Virgo Ascendant. With Mars being an aggressor, and the help of other, it gives that drive. The person can self harm as a result of not meeting elusive, so called 'standards' they have. This won't always be in the same ways, but often seeks out abusive activity if not directly onto themselves.

The Virgo ascendant comes across a lot more controlling/obsessive of the self than the mercury ruler it has, almost Plutonian, even from my own experience. Where attention to detail becomes obsessive.

I’ve been pondering over if harsh aspects to the ascendant could be acknowledged in this type of instance.

Last edited:

Lin

Being self destructive takes more than Mars square the ASC - any Mars, any Asc.

This should show in harsh aspects (undermining) from Pluto, Neptune, Uranus.... in an overt way...
And thru Saturn in a less obvious way.

So look for other heavy planets undermining personal planets or the ruler of the ASC.

If any of this stuff is done in secret (hair cutting, skin cutting, secret relationships) then look at the 12th house. AND the moon is usually involved.
LIN

or1000

Being self destructive takes more than Mars square the ASC - any Mars, any Asc.

This should show in harsh aspects (undermining) from Pluto, Neptune, Uranus.... in an overt way...
And thru Saturn in a less obvious way.

So look for other heavy planets undermining personal planets or the ruler of the ASC.

If any of this stuff is done in secret (hair cutting, skin cutting, secret relationships) then look at the 12th house. AND the moon is usually involved.
LIN

I see what you’re saying. I have 12th house mercury and Virgo ascendant and can understand the secrecy of it.

greybeard

I wrote a piece Accident Prone. That might shed some light on self harm. However there may be a psychosis present in cases of self harm.

greybeard

A thorough reading of the persons chart will reveal the drives that lead to self harm amd the congruence of certain types of drives will allow you to label the condition in psychological terms if you have the knowledge and skill.

Lykanized

I've Virgo asc myself with NN/Venus squared and moon/Mars conjunct. I can see where you're coming from with the Plutonian like energy, except it's self directed. It is very intense, very harsh, very self critical to the point of destruction, controlling and yet also desirous of release which can also come in selfdestructive forms. I've had issues with selfharm as well

I always hear Virgo is very critical of others, but I don't relate to that. I'm very very easy on others. It's myself I'm brutal with