Algol

JUPITERASC

Saturn in my chart is 26 Sc, second house (opposing Algoal) square Pluto in Leo 26.-11th
When I was young, I had nothing but money problems. Horrible stepfather bordering on violent.
I can't but wonder the affect.

Fixed star: ALGOL
Constellation: Beta (β) Perseus
Longitude 1900: 24TAU46

Longitude 2000: 26TAU10
Declination 1900: +40.34'

Declination 2000: +40.57'
Right ascension: 03h 08m

Latitude: +22.25'
Spectral class: B8 Magnitude: 2.1 VA

THE FIXED STARS IN NATAL ASTROLOGY :smile:
http://constellationsofwords.com/categories/natalrobson.htm

Beta (β) Perseus, Algol, is a bright star positioned on the severed head that Perseus is carrying.
It is an eclipsing binary
every 68 hours and 49 minutes this Demon Star ‘blinks’
for roughly 8 hours
as the dimmer star of the pair passes between the brighter and the earth

Algol.JPG

Perp.JPG

JUPITERASC

I beg to differ but I believe fixed stars are used in conjunction and opposition.
I will find something to back it up. L

For a star to influence (according to most historical authorities) :smile:
it must either conjunct
or
parallel
a planet (or Part)

or
it must be in longitude or parallel with the cusp (or sensitive degree) of a house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...925#post531925

nn
.....only conjunctions (or Parallels of declination) should be considered

however I use a somewhat more flexible orb for conjunction,
depending upon the magnitude (brightness) of the specific star:

1st magnitude stars: 3 degrees
2nd and 3rd magnitude stars: 2 degrees
4th, 5th magnitude stars and nebulae: 1 degree

For Parallel of declination, I use from 1 to 1.5 degrees as the orb
(with 1st magnitude stars, extending up to 2 degrees)

TY Ju for posting! I just got into this forum after a long absence. I like Robson..

The aspects: Vivian Robson seems to be one of the only astrologers to consider that other aspects should be used in addition to the conjunction. Owing to the lack of systematic statistical research, this matter cannot be settled yet.

Here's something interesting...Hayat Boumeddiene, born June 26, 1988 (no time) at Villiers-sur-Marne, France

Her Ju is conjunct Algoal at 25.04 Ta

tikana

TY Ju for posting! I just got into this forum after a long absence. I like Robson..

The aspects: Vivian Robson seems to be one of the only astrologers to consider that other aspects should be used in addition to the conjunction. Owing to the lack of systematic statistical research, this matter cannot be settled yet.

Here's something interesting...Hayat Boumeddiene, born June 26, 1988 (no time) at Villiers-sur-Marne, France

Her Ju is conjunct Algoal at 25.04 Ta

laughable 1 astrologer

now i am pissed

all astrologers who practice traditional astrology (excluding post saturn planets) that goes back to babylonian astrologers used fixed stars
so this is NOT something new.
i'd suggest you to read trad astrology literature ... for 3 k years or so I AM PRETTY SURE astrologers did test fixed stars from every angle.

They were no dummies

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

The aspects: Vivian Robson seems to be one of the only astrologers
to consider that other aspects should be used in addition to the conjunction.
Owing to the lack of systematic statistical research, this matter cannot be settled yet.
For many thousands of years,
conjunctions/parallels/parans solely were considered solely
and
Robson 1923 is in agreement with thousands of years of fixed star delineation by ancient astrologers :smile:

i.e.

'.....The most powerful effect of a star is exercised when it is in conjunction or parallel with a planet.
It is usual to take the conjunction in exactly the same way as a planetary conjunction in a horoscope
that is
by the degree of ecliptic longitude affected by the star
and the parallel by its declination
and these positions are the only orthodox ones to use....' Robson

Robson then added the following comment:

'....It will be found, however, that the opposition is almost as powerful as the conjunction
and that the square has an undeniable influence which it will be unwise to neglect....'

by the way Anne Wright disagreed with these additional comments
regarding squares

where Robson departed from using solely parallel/conjunction aspects
Anne Wright's website is
http://constellationsofwords.com/
:

'.....In the case of the trines and sextiles very little effect, if any, is to be discovered,
but in all probability this is due to the fact that, with the exception of the square and opposition,
the aspects to the body of a star with latitude do not fall in the zodiacal degrees one would expect.
It is a simple matter, however, to calculate the correct places in which such aspects fall
and if this is done in a few cases it will soon be possible to arrive at a definite conclusion as to their power.
The same difficulty is met with in the rising and setting of stars
when the ecliptic longitude of a star is rising or setting
the actual body of the star itself may be a long way above or below the horizon
.....'

blacksun?

Did it ever occur to anyone to look at birth charts with conjunctions to Algol, to verify the myth brought into life by the big regimes of the past?

It turns out that many lovely artists and human examples have a strong Algol.
I realized that its name sake alcohol is an indication as to the hatred for the star; he is prominent in charts of precisely those people which totalitarian regimes would burn at the stake, decapitate, or elsewise give a painful death.

The reason for this evil is not in the star, it is in the interpretations of regimes that sought to suppress everything that isn't meek. Leonardo Da Vinci is just one of the tremendous number of admirable people with natal planets on Algol, Venus in his case - for Mars the first on the list is Tom Cruise- hardly a bad Mars I should say. Even the lesser Malefic on Algol can cause joy for billions. Charlize Theron also has her Mars there. For Sun we get Mark Zukcerberg. Still a lot of people want to decapitate him. Trent Reznor, too. See? Great Mavericks.
Lets look at Saturn, the ultimate criterion for evil.

Aretha Franklin, Rosa Parks...

Jesus.

Algol must have been prominent in his chart too.

blacksun?

from the article:

"To discern a more constructive side to this demon-star - which isn't easy - "

Just showed how tremendously easy it is, how exuberant the horn of plenty pouring human goodness is under this star.
The article is truly tabloid level.

Witchyone

Did it ever occur to anyone to look at birth charts with conjunctions to Algol, to verify the myth brought into life by the big regimes of the past?

It turns out that many lovely artists and human examples have a strong Algol.
I realized that its name sake alcohol is an indication as to the hatred for the star; he is prominent in charts of precisely those people which totalitarian regimes would burn at the stake, decapitate, or elsewise give a painful death.

The reason for this evil is not in the star, it is in the interpretations of regimes that sought to suppress everything that isn't meek. Leonardo Da Vinci is just one of the tremendous number of admirable people with natal planets on Algol, Venus in his case - for Mars the first on the list is Tom Cruise- hardly a bad Mars I should say. Even the lesser Malefic on Algol can cause joy for billions. Charlize Theron also has her Mars there. For Sun we get Mark Zukcerberg. Still a lot of people want to decapitate him. Trent Reznor, too. See? Great Mavericks.
Lets look at Saturn, the ultimate criterion for evil.

Aretha Franklin, Rosa Parks...

Jesus.

Algol must have been prominent in his chart too.

Have you read any articles about interpreting Algol as representative of the divine feminine or feminine power or sacred feminine (I've seen various terminology used)? I like the interpretation a lot. Medusa is only a monster in mythology because the culture that gave her to us was patriarchal and misogynistic. It was a culture in the process of erasing all memory of god as a woman. It's very similar to what happened to the concept of witches in Europe later. The best way to defeat someone's power is to paint them as evil and inhuman so people will fear, then kill them.

Medusa was a rape victim of Poseidon who was punished by a jealous Athena for being too beautiful. Athena transformed her into a monster who could not even be looked upon by men. The fact that she was punished for what was done to her and then demonized and then hunted down and decapitated by a "hero" is unbelievably unjust.

This reading of Medusa links Algol to JUSTIFIED feminine rage.

https://www.moonology.com/reclaiming-the-goddess-saraswati-star-algol/

http://ambientastrology.com/articles/2013/5/10/medusa

"Algol came to embody everything that men feared in the feminine. She is not the mother face of the goddess but rather the passionate lover or the whore... This star contains immense female passion and power, or the potential power of Mother Nature, strong but not evil."

My ascendant is at 28 Taurus. I can say that the expression of female sexuality, power, and rage at associated injustices have been important themes in my life and my art. As for alcohol, well, it makes me lose my **** head.

Somna7H

Banned
Thank you both!

Hello.
I don't know if you're male or female. In either case, would you say that you have dealt with issues of rage and/or issues that are related to "feminine" or "yin" energy? I see Johnny Depp and Trent Reznor both in that light, dealing with things dark and below the surface of polite society.

I'm 36 Single Male.
Also Chiron and astroid Atlantis Conjunct my Asc.

And that, sadly, puts you in Pleiades territory. Which gives sorrow, something to cry about.

Yea, life full of sorrow and misery ever since I was born.
But, it will end with my life.
And I am waiting for my END.

blacksun?

**** thats so harsh Somma Im sorry to hear it.

What the article says about the night raids is scary.

Witchyone, lovely point about Medusa.

I think thats right and goes for much astrology we get down from the ancients. Ive done so much research about their "fatal degrees" and "stars that promise death by hanging" that I began to see them for the political hacks they were.

The same as Herodes who ordered all babies born under these stars killed because one of them was said to overthrow him.
We should NEVER trust ancient or medieval astrologers on their word. The internet is too stuffed with their fascistic slander of beautiful stars if you ask me. It causes people such grief their horoscope has this terrible monster in it, and it ruins their life over nothing, a stupid political lie.

Last edited:

blacksun?

I have a very painful Chiron too but at the end of Aries on my South Node.
it also gives me magic.

Delve into the myths of Alcyone and sink into astral land to it, Im sure there is more to her than sorrow, though I can confirm a meditation on her caused me grief, look to the opposing planet which has just entered the sign of Jupiter, there is some philosophic synthesis, though Chiron-Uranus opposition tends to be carnal in expression. Thresholds. But the star of sorrow will in some decades enter Gemini, just as Regulus recently entered Virgo after a perennial stay in Leo.