Asteroid - Orcus - Can someone who knows about this shed some light?

AlexZim

it's like a black hole

helen keller has it in the 3rd house

I have it rising. bad dna.

Jim

ahhhh don't say that, man, he's 23 minutes conjuct my AC. Noooooooo :andy:
Last thing I need is some Plutonian shite on my rising. Sump'n somewhere's tickling me though, making sense.

Last edited:

snowcat

Trump has Sun conjunct Orcus conjunct True Node conjunct Mean Node and other stuff... he also has Aldebaran nearby.

CG Jung had Orcus in the 12th, and Aldebaran in the 4th.

Aldebaran is the brightest star in the constellation of Taurus. Sounds about right.

However, it is the shining right eye of Taurus. The shining eye. And Jung's first dream had one of those... the presence of which certainly *might* connect itself with being God's military commander, in his case the sanctimonious Jung.

Perhaps Orcus, having been equalled to Hades / Pluto, has been given a status he does not deserve, and is a minor influence in the greater scheme of things. He is, after all, only a giant, and giants are not gods. Giants are inferior in intellect and lust after basic things like flesh and food.

Last edited:

capuranusnep

I have done a lot of research on Orcus and have other dwarf planet delinations in my signature. This is what I wrote on Orcus.

"Orcus (#90482) has rulership over the sign of Virgo:
Highly rational perfectionist and skeptic, modest, restrained, minimalism, observant, discerning, analyzing and applying knowledge/information in the name of practicality and productivity, intellectual autonomy, picking everything apart to the point of sarcasm and irreverence, making sure everything immaculate for themselves and others."

Bjorkstrand

I have done a lot of research on Orcus and have other dwarf planet delinations in my signature. This is what I wrote on Orcus.

"Orcus (#90482) has rulership over the sign of Virgo:
Highly rational perfectionist and skeptic, modest, restrained, minimalism, observant, discerning, analyzing and applying knowledge/information in the name of practicality and productivity, intellectual autonomy, picking everything apart to the point of sarcasm and irreverence, making sure everything immaculate for themselves and others."

rubbish, if it rules anything it would be scorpio

Orcus101

I've got a book on it, but really need to understand how to use it in my chart against plutonic energy. Anyone who knows how, please let me know!

I’m looking into/researching Orcus now as it’s transiting my South Node. In my natal chart it’s in Cancer, squaring my 8th House Moon. The most relevant thing I’ve read so far is this from vamzzz.com “ revenge aimed at pedophiles, especially pedophiles who raped teenage girls.” This issue has resurfaced in my life after many years (south node), and has to do with not being protected by my mother (Orcus in Cancer, square Moon). Vamzzz.com also says that the affect of Orcus can feel like Pluto in the 4th house, and I would agree.
I do not know how relevant this one (Orcus ) is, maybe it is or not, there have been a lot of contention about Juno and Pallas and its relevance, although Chiron, Lillith and others are discussed in great length, I am going to take a gander and ask this question:

what is the value, relevance or the meaning of Orcus in a birthchart.

According to the astro.com - extended chart

I not only have Venus and mars in the eighth house, but I have Node in Cancer in the eighth house and also Orcus in cancer in the eighth house.

I have done research about Orcus and the best site I have is the link below because it also shows Orcus's orbit and its relation to Pluto. From an astronomical viewpoint, well, its just plain COOL!

Astrologically speaking, I am not certain about its relevance. I mean, I am still trying to figure out Lillith and its value! http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_lilith_e.htm

Chiron is an asteroid and so is Juno and Pallas
Some poopoo Juno and Pallas, some do not and actually do incorporate it into the chart. Not that it matters or should have any relevance, but mine happens to be in Scorpio

It seems like Chiron is pretty much accepted by most!

If anyone at all knows something about Orcus however, I would love and appreciate for you to share with me.

Waybread, if you are reading this, I have come to value your opinion, do you have insight to this?

http://www.lunarplanner.com/asteroids-dwarfplanets/Orcus-Pluto.html

http://www.thegreenduck.com/ka/NewPlanets/Orcus.shtml

thanks in advance
Moonwillow

High-minded

I have Orcus on my South node natally and conjunct Ceres and Mercury, I don't particularly think it is noteworthy, and whilst it may seem noteworthy, what separates it from Pluto? Pluto squares my South node and Mercury by the way.