What aspects point to low self-esteem?

chiron

That great thread on Venus and Saturn made me wonder what aspects point to low self-esteem. The aspects that Venus make to Saturn and Neptune, but in your opinion what else

Arian Maverick

Well, in my experience, any afflicted planets in the first house indicate low self-esteem.

I think this is also typical of those with Sun square Saturn, no matter where the planets are located.

Arian Maverick

Napalm'd

Lots of things could point to low self-esteem.
Such as:
An afflicted Sun, such as Sun opposite Neptune, or Sun square Saturn..Both could indicate a lack of feeling good about the self, whether through the inability to see the self clearly, or by feeling overlimited..

An afflicted Moon, an afflicted Moon in my experience always indicate some level of insecurity, it doesn't even have to be afflicted.Even an overly strong Moon can indicate insecurity. Moon conjunct Mars in Cancer in ninth house conjunct MC is the neediest, most dependent guy I know..Might be exaggerating... Moon in Pisces also sem insecure and overly emotional to me, but I think it's just a subjective thing..

Any affliction with Saturn could indicate a low self-esteem, because there may be a feeling of limitation and an unableness to get things just right. Like a Moon - Saturn affliction could feel unloved in the home, which creates insecurity elsewhere, or a Venus - Saturn affliction could feel unworthy in their relationships..

Neptune Rising

Sun in square/opposite to Chiron can show low self esteem, Chiron in Aries, or maybe Leo? Sun (soul, heart) in hard aspect to Saturn (hard lessons, fear). I guess the Saturn aspects are worse when the person is younger, getting better as the person gains experience and hopefully learns from Saturn's sometimes tough lessons. The Chiron aspects are more wounding, the Sun represents the ego, so a wounded ego can have low self esteem. Maybe though, if the person has happier aspects elsewhere in their chart, this lessons the painful effects, or makes them a bit easier to deal with, learn from or assimilate.
NR

Equator

"...any afflicted planets in the first house..."

"An afflicted Moon..."

I have Pluto in 1st (in Virgo, conjunct Leo Ascendant) opposite Moon in Aquarius.
I have to get past the Leo pretense and find my true self esteem. (No planets in 2nd, Sun in Scorpio in 3rd).
What is meant by "...overly strong Moon?"

Lin

The moon rules the "self-image" - although moreso for the woman than the man, but this would be on a chart by chart basis.
Let's say negative aspects to the moon....esp. from the heavy planets.

Also- for a man, add negative aspects to Mars. For a woman, negative aspects to Venus. And always, the heavier the planet in negative aspect, the worse it is.

The smaller, personal planets are VERY vulnerable, and it doesn't take much to make them feel "less."
But always - the entire chart needs to be studied if one wants a specific answer for any particular individual.

(IF there are enough negative aspects to the Sun, that could also do it.)

But the big red flag is Lunar negatives..
AND Neptune conj. the 4th house cusp.
LIN

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Yea def. The moon would point to low self esteem seeing as it deals with security

From experience alone I know Neptune can because Neptune is highly sensitive and an form of criticism can disillusion any view of confidence. I don't know about Saturn I guess it could because you start to look at what you don't have or where you feel limited

What about an afflicted 2nd house like the 2nd house ruler being affle Ted because the 2nd house is the house of what we hold to or what keeps us here

tee_jay66

any squares to the sun, especially from the inner planets can cause problems with how a person sees himself. Squares to the sun shows a loss of identity.

I have a 2nd house Saturn. Could you tell ms about that, I know I can be stingy at times

a lot depends on how saturn is aspected, but in general terms then...

Saturn in the 2nd house
· There can be gain through inheritance.
· This person does not gain inward peace unless he has learned to share what he has with others. Real estate or anything to do with land is a good investment.
· There is a need to re-evaluate personal beliefs, values and attitudes and find a more stable basis from which to operate.
· Too much materialism and possessiveness can be present.
· There may be a fear of poverty, as a result these people are careful with money. But excessive caution or meanness can lead to lost financial opportunities. Any purchase must be of practical use and value for money.

Flowergirl

There are perhaps many indicators of low self-esteem in one's chart. Stressful aspects between Sun and Neptune or Saturn is perhaps the most obvious imo.

Sun/Saturn because it may involve many failures, frustrations, limitations and false starts in a persons' life leading to feeling you'll never get it right or wondering what is wrong with you.

Sun/Neptune aspects could perhaps show rose coloured glasses through which you never seem to see what's real and you get taken advantage off a lot. Also difficulties with a clearly defined ego in a world that values masculine expression (in the work place for example this could cause low self-esteem).

2nd house in particular rules self-esteem and self-value, and Chiron there, or malefic planets or stressful aspects in one way or another, could indicate self-esteem difficulties too. Aspects to Venus tell a story too.

Here is some interesting reading:
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_dgsecdhouse_e.htm
http://www.astrology.com.au/astrology/houses/second-house.php
http://www.myastrologycharts.com/secondhouse/secondhouse.php

Last edited:

Yoanna77

I've got sun in the first house square saturn and Neptune square Mars,I've been painfully shy all my life,always quiet and struggled at school,still have problems with discovering my identity.

Ailceimic

In my case, that I think it is a good example of very low self-esteem, I have a YOD of Pluto-Neptune in sextile making inconjunct to a conjunction of Mars-Chiron_Midheaven. Mars is also in Taurus, so it is in a bad place along with being "catched" by chiron. Also Sun is in a some wider conjuction with Mars-Chiron-Midheaven...

Along with many other things that I thing this hard-to-deal aspect brings to me, s that of low self-esteem, as I have a well aspected saturn, and overall all the other planets (but a wide oppoosition of Neptune-Venus)

bittermoon

imo these could indicate low self esteem:

chiron in aries
chiron in first or 2nd
afflicted saturn in 2nd
afflicted sun and and moon
sun in 12th