Random astrological comments

Jesse Booth

Why am I finding all these mistakes!?!?!?

I swear, someone must have hacked a moderator's account for the sole purpose of driving me insane, because I keep finding spelling errors on my posts that I'm certain weren't there before! I know I'm a little paranoid about my mistakes, but I'm always very careful about rereading my posts. It's been getting more frequent, too. Aaaaand there I go off the deep end. Yippee. :pouty:

Last edited:

Yanel

Is there anybody wo knows what is this thing that I accidently got at astro.com?

Attachments

• astro_b2am_01__hp.36230.29662.gif
    astro_b2am_01__hp.36230.29662.gif
    25.9 KB · Views: 29

waybread

It is a table of your midpoints. Very useful to have. The planets are shown along the diagonal, in such a way that you can read across or up/down to find the midpoint between planetary pairs. You can ignore the aspect glyphs if you wish to focus on the midpoints, but this chart seems to show, for example, that you have a square between your sun and moon.

Yanel

Thank you for explaining! I have heard before of midpoints, though I still know little to nothing about them.

Yanel

Just completed an astrological test about the zodiac signs. Yeah, astrology is complex, it's made of so much more than archetypes, there are so many things to consider, such tests are not serious, they're just for fun.......But zodiac signs are archetypes and they ARE the most famous astrological concept, considered as one of the most important things from astrologers - the sign of a planet, main influences from certain signs....
My scores:
1. Scorpio, Pisces(10 points)
2. Taurus, Leo, Aquarius(8 points)
3. Aries(7 points)
4. Virgo, Libra, Sagittarius(5 points)
5. Gemini(3 points)
6. Cancer(2 points)
7. Capricorn(1 point)

BUT:
Main chart influence: Capricorn
Sun sign - Libra
No planets in water signs
What astrologers say: It's complex, each zodiac sign has so many sides and possible interpretations.
And still interpretations of signs and other basic astrological stuff stay the same.:smile: And everywhere the information indicates several possible uses of a quality and then there are the aspects, the houses, the asteroids, all the other "fun" but what if even the possibilites don't ring a bell? What if only the complete opposite, the complete different thing is true? Why? Then the person is still unaware of him/herself? Should I expect to find a completely different person that is me? Someone with another name, perhaps?

Last edited:

StillConfused

Just completed an astrological test about the zodiac signs. Yeah, astrology is complex, it's made of so much more than archetypes, there are so many things to consider, such tests are not serious, they're just for fun.......But zodiac signs are archetypes and they ARE the most famous astrological concept, considered as one of the most important things from astrologers - the sign of a planet, main influences from certain signs....
My scores:
1. Scorpio, Pisces(10 points)
2. Taurus, Leo, Aquarius(8 points)
3. Aries(7 points)
4. Virgo, Libra, Sagittarius(5 points)
5. Gemini(3 points)
6. Cancer(2 points)
7. Capricorn(1 point)

BUT:
Main chart influence: Capricorn
Sun sign - Libra
No planets in water signs
What astrologers say: It's complex, each zodiac sign has so many sides and possible interpretations.
And still interpretations of signs and other basic astrological stuff stay the same.:smile: And everywhere the information indicates several possible uses of a quality and then there are the aspects, the houses, the asteroids, all the other "fun" but what if even the possibilites don't ring a bell? What if only the complete opposite, the complete different thing is true? Why? Then the person is still unaware of him/herself? Should I expect to find a completely different person that is me? Someone with another name, perhaps?

No Yanel, you should never have to take somebody else's word over what feels right to you. Self-concept is a tricky thing, because ego uses it to limit what we know and accept of ourselves, but then there is self-concept and there is a deeper knowing.

Just trust the following things

You are complete in and of yourself, you do not need external validation to be all the things you believe you are.
You are being asked to wake up to who you are in a deeper more authentic way, so trust that this requires you to feel deeply lost at times and to question everything about life nearly from square one, in order to clear out your deep wounds that you would have never bothered with otherwise. You feel ashamed of aspects of yourself so this journey is asking you to accept yourself even more deeply and wholely than before. It will be a worth it ride if you can stick it out.
Astrology is a human practice, therefore it is not the cosmos, but the cosmos as interpreted through human beings themselves.
You are missing perspectives (edit: about your date of birth and your stars, as well as other sources of self-understanding) you will gain in the future; just trust that if you continue to need these answers they will one day unfold.
The universe operates on perspectives. Literally a same situation is lived entirely differently based on what the subject sees in it.

xox

EDIT: besides, I feel like you've bought into the idea that there is 1 single astrology and that is your natal birthchart. It may very well be the main one, but if you're really in need of validation right now I invite you to consider things like your draconic chart, your conception chart, Vedic astrology that will bring out things in your Navamsa chart, and your aura (odd one out!! but equally fun :) ). Keep astrology ROMANTIC, keep it about SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING and fulfillment, don't just buy into principles because you feel pressured to or because you're currently unable to see things in your chart.

True story, when I look at my chart, or someone elses, before and after having healed a wound or a judgment (they are the same) the chart looks totally different to me and so many more truths, that I was blind to before, light up. So trust you're not seeing everything anyway. No one is after you judging your chart, it is just you.

Last edited:

Yanel

No Yanel, you should never have to take somebody else's word over what feels right to you. Self-concept is a tricky thing, because ego uses it to limit what we know and accept of ourselves, but then there is self-concept and there is a deeper knowing.

Just trust the following things

You are complete in and of yourself, you do not need external validation to be all the things you believe you are.
You are being asked to wake up to who you are in a deeper more authentic way, so trust that this requires you to feel deeply lost at times and to question everything about life nearly from square one, in order to clear out your deep wounds that you would have never bothered with otherwise. You feel ashamed of aspects of yourself so this journey is asking you to accept yourself even more deeply and wholely than before. It will be a worth it ride if you can stick it out.
Astrology is a human practice, therefore it is not the cosmos, but the cosmos as interpreted through human beings themselves.
You are missing perspectives (edit: about your date of birth and your stars, as well as other sources of self-understanding) you will gain in the future; just trust that if you continue to need these answers they will one day unfold.
The universe operates on perspectives. Literally a same situation is lived entirely differently based on what the subject sees in it.

xox

EDIT: besides, I feel like you've bought into the idea that there is 1 single astrology and that is your natal birthchart. It may very well be the main one, but if you're really in need of validation right now I invite you to consider things like your draconic chart, your conception chart, Vedic astrology that will bring out things in your Navamsa chart, and your aura (odd one out!! but equally fun :) ). Keep astrology ROMANTIC, keep it about SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING and fulfillment, don't just buy into principles because you feel pressured to or because you're currently unable to see things in your chart.

True story, when I look at my chart, or someone elses, before and after having healed a wound or a judgment (they are the same) the chart looks totally different to me and so many more truths, that I was blind to before, light up. So trust you're not seeing everything anyway. No one is after you judging your chart, it is just you.
I understand what you mean. I don't completely dismiss astrology, planets and stars are what they are despite their interpretation by humans. Time will unfold more of their secrets. Astrology is not like science - what one astrologer knows another might not. And it's not only about studying it. Contrarary to the popular belief that people are not born with knowledge, I think the opposite. People are born with all the knowledge they are meant to have in this lifetime, it's unconscious - it's about opening the right doors, about remembering. There is nothing, aobsolutely nothing, that can be truly new to you, everything is you and it has always been yours. Every discovery is a memory. This world is not so interesting and infinity can be grasped in a hand. All the universe is in retrograde motion(well, maybe not literally. I'm not interested in raw physics):smile:.
My 'problem'is that what I know and feel about myself, and for sure I am the only person that can know anything at all about my personality and soul, is not shown in my chart(not that I depend on having a sort of a proof, but I like astrology, I want to feel better about it). Maybe deeper research and intuition are the key but I'm sick of finding parts of me in interpretations of other aspects and signs. And people that have nothing to do with them but have them in their charts are so happy and satisfied and proud. And I say 'OK, there is more to astrology, calm down' but then even those that are more familiar with the subject ask for my zodiac sign and if a look could kill, I swear........

Most of what you suggested are things that I have no idea how to check, sorry. But just today I created a topic about aura and chakras. The interesting thing is - they show more parts of me than astrology.

Thank you for sharing your opinions and insight!

Jesse Booth

That was incredibly profound, Yanel. What you said about people being born with knowledge rather than gaining it, that is. And it's exactly right. Did you know that the pineal gland, ruled over by Aquarius, was believed by anchient societies to be the remains of man's third eye? When you're born, your pineal gland is soft and healthy. But as people age, it calcifies and becomes harder, until it is almost rock-solid. The majority of calcification starts after a person is at least ten years old.

You should look for Linda Goodman's books on Amazon if you get a chance to, you'd probably find them quite fascinating.

I apologize for being away from this thread for so long. I was unaware people were still using it regularly, but on the brightside, with me out of the way, someone actually learned something!

Yanel

Hey Jess! Actually, I haven't been doing anything in the thread for a while but I remembered it after a long(well, about 10 seconds, don't know if it's too long) discussian with myself about where to put my random thoughts.
Yes, I've heard about pineal gland and it's an interesting theory(or a fact?) but I don't think it will turn into the next big scientific discovery because...science ad scientists, that's why :lol:.

Thanks! I have always thought that everything is a memory of the self but just recently I wrote an essay about it and also managed to create a new philosophical concept. But probably I won't post it anywhere until I am in the position to claim my copyright xD.

Yanel

Some "quick" and general questions - which chart should I use - sidereal or tropical? How can one know which works better for him/her? Is Vedic astrology used also for defining personality traits or is it used more with predictive methods? Which way is better for looking at the Self?
How an astrologer decides if one is better than the other? How can an astrologer use both methods without contradictions? Are there rules for choosing? How can a beginner choose?
For those who may take the time to answer these basic questions, thank you! I'm just tired of opinions on internet, I guess I want more clear and definite answers.

dr. farr

Unfortunately opinions are pretty much all you will get to these questions, although sincere opinions will be based on study and experience.

If one is perplexed regarding these questions the only answers can be found by doing research and experimentation yourself. I will say that both Vedic and tropical (Western) equally look at personality traits and prediction, both (in their higher forms) look into the Self.

Yanel

I guess I was hoping that the answer won't be research and experience. I think I am not professionaly interested in any of them but from time to time I look at my sidereal chart and see the differences and I ask myself - what is this? Is it important? I have read that the sidereal chart shows the current placement of constellations and a lot of astrologers say that that shows how Vedic astrology is more accurate. But still so many use the other method, the tropical, and not a single western astrologer mentions something about the constellations. Is there even a reason for something or I should believe what I want to believe? I have looked up some Vedic interpretations and they seam...strange. All the Indian terms, the old, somewhat medieval sounding that I hardly can believe in. I still remember a sentece from one interpretation of a planetary placemenet - You will get a good wife. Or that the 8th house literally means death and some placements are better than the other. Honestly, how do I trust a childish saying like that? What reason stands behind it?
And...is the sidereal chart used just for Vedic astrology or for tropical, too?
I really want to hear from a person who has had experience with both kinds of astrology, which works for what? Which shows more?
Thanks

dr. farr

Well, I've studied and experimentedted with both Western tropical and Vedic sidereal, and the techniques and methods used in both Western and Eastern approaches, from approximaqtely 1962/63, to the present time: the results FOR ME (and I only speak for MYSELF)
-I consider the tropical zodiacal matrix the most accurate for all delineations
-at the same time I consider the siderally-based Lunar Mansions (nakshatras) and the places of fixed stars-and constellations (all 48 of the constellations, not just 12)-of much value for important delineative purposes
-there is much in both traditional Western and Vedic astrology that I do not accept or use-and, there's much in Modern Western astrology that I do not accept or use;
-but there is a good deal in Modern and Traditional (and Hellenist) Western astrology, and in Vedic astrological traditions (mainstream Parasara, Jaimini and Nadi) that I do accept and make extensive use of
-thus I am an ECLECTIC, taking (what I consider to be) the best, the most practically useful and insightful, from each and every major system (Modern, Traditional, Hellenist Western, + Parasara, Jaimini and Nadi jyotish) without being a "pure" follower of any one of them....

Last edited:

Yanel

-I consider the tropical zodiacal matrix the most accurate for all delineations
So, for example, if I want to know my ascendant I look at the tropical map, not the sidereal? Because they are different and the
tropical, for me, shows in reality how I present myself while in the sidereal the ascendant somehow is shown as an inner quality.

-at the same time I consider the siderally-based Lunar Mansions (nakshatras) and the places of fixed stars-and constellations (all 48 of the constellations, not just 12)-of much value for important delineative purposes
Like predictive methods? Does astro.com show these Lunar Mansions and all the constellations?

Thank you for sharing your opinions! It sounds believable that everything can be used for different purposes but it is so confusing to know what to and how for a beginner. And, as a beginner, I don't want to stick with only the simple and most popularly used. I want to know why the other exists, how can I make use of it, even not in a professional way...but should I? I sometimes get so angered by astrologers who say - choose your own. My own? But I know almost nothing! And then the answer is - use the simple way. No! I want the right way ! :biggrin:

Last edited:

dr. farr

No, astro.com does not show the Lunar Mansions (sidereal nakshatras) nor all of the 48 traditional (ancient) constellations, although it will show some of the prominent fixed stars.

As I posted above, for me the tropical zodiacal chart (+ consideration of stars, etc) gives me everything I need for delineation and predictive purposes.

If you know little, then the first thing to do is to make an extensive study of the basics of this subject: then add on further studies. You will do best in what "tastes good" to you-follow that, test it out: if it "works", follow it further; if on testing it doesn't do so well-ok, drop it, and move on to study and experiment with the NEXT "best tasting" method or system or technique or collection of concepts/definitions, for you.

The "right way"? The right way is what works most accurately and most reliably the highest % of the time, in the hands of the individual practitioner: the "right way" is shown by what it produces, by its results, by its outcomes.

Yanel

You will do best in what "tastes good" to you-follow that, test it out: if it "works", follow it further; if on testing it doesn't do so well-ok, drop it, and move on to study and experiment with the NEXT "best tasting" method or system or technique or collection of concepts/definitions, for you.

That's what I usually do, actually. For example, when I finally decided to choose a house system. I wondered - placidus or whole signs? I chose whole signs on intuition and because it worked better for me. But then I asked an astrologer I know and I learned a very interesting thing - that placidus is used for babies that were born in a normal way and whole signs is not used in important readings but just for personal, inner purposes. I'm still skeptical and think that is untrue. I use whole signs. The end.:annoyed:

Last edited:

StillConfused

Hey Yanel,

to get an idea of where your planets are relative to the constellations, on astrodienst, on the Extended Chart Selection page, where it says "chart drawing style",

instead of
Web default style

pick:
Astrodienst Fixed Stars

It shows the elliptic with the constellations. You can also see if any of your planets are actually far off the elliptic. Asteroids usually are, but planets such as the Moon and Pluto sometimes are closer to the elliptic, and sometimes are further.

Also with regards to zodiac systems, as you may know I am now a student of Vedic astrology. Not an astrologer with 30 years of experience but here is my opinion.

I think you nearly hit jack pot when you said that your tropical ascendant is acceptable with regards to how you act, but your sidereal ascendent feels real inside.

My opinion for a while now has been, tropical astrology is ego-based, and sidereal astrology is more organic and has an inevitable feel to it. That's why tropical can be accurate with regards to behavior (after all, it Western astrology is Sun-based and the Sun represents pride and authority, things that factor into image and popularity) but I can't help but want to work with the sidereal zodiac because it feels right.

I had such a hard time in the beginning because I was under the impression that one was right, and the other was wrong. They just work on different dimensions of ourselves, and anyone who thinks (feeling that self-righteous passion again!!) that they can't be two signs at once needs a lecture in human complexity and identity layers!!

To find the one you prefer, quite honestly I think you're having a hard time choosing because you've given too much of your power away to external opinions, and I can totally relate if that is the case. Sorry, I agree that you have to choose, and that it is that simple, because the answers that are right for you ARE inside you. There is no single right way that can be carved out for you without your own experience. However, I get where you are, and I'll share my way of studying this objectively when it gets hard to.

Look to the IC/MC axis. This can be separated from the ego because it's based on fact...somewhat more based on fact. It's about how you were born and raised, and how your family life and childhood influences the things you want from your life and who you've become. In my experience, the sidereal zodiac will give the more literal experience, whereas the tropical zodiac gives a more individual psychological experience.

EDIT: PS. just for the record ... remember that Grand Water Trine we had last summer between Saturn, Neptune, and Jupiter, that astrologers were going crazy about?? How did you experience the water, anyone?

Personally I felt both water and air, but a lot of air... because I was battling feelings of rejection by someone but I was also doing a shitload of research and getting my driver's liscence so any watery energy there was out there to feed on I must have numbed out.

Last edited:

Jesse Booth

Anyway, I feel like it'd be easier to, once again, throw off the current topic and replace it with my own. It also seems appropriate, given the name of the thread. I've been running into quite a few people with either: Aquarius sun & Cancer moon, or Cancer sun & Aquarius moon. I find it difficult to explain how these two sun/moon combinations work out, since it's a combination of the most emotional and least emotional signs. Any suggestions on how to describe it? Not that I couldn't come up with an adequate description myself, given enough time(and a little trial-and-error), but I always find myself thinking/working best when others give input, or critique my ideas. Two heads being better than one, and what-not. All suggestions are welcome, unless they involve killing the person(s) I'm talking about and eating their liver(s). I tried already, and the results were VERY satisfactory, just not in the way I require at this time.

As for that water-trine, I guess I missed it. I must be immune to this whole "emotion" thing, because I'm always calm and collected. Admittedly, a large part of that is self-induced, by years of a rather unhealthy form of self-discipline(Aquarian emotional suppression + Capricornian discipline + Virgoan self-consciousness = me).

images

Last edited:

StillConfused

Two heads being better than one, and what-not. All suggestions are welcome, unless they involve killing the person(s) I'm talking about and eating their liver(s). I tried already, and the results were VERY satisfactory, just not in the way I require at this time.

As for that water-trine, I guess I missed it. I must be immune to this whole "emotion" thing, because I'm always calm and collected. Admittedly, a large part of that is self-induced, by years of a rather unhealthy form of self-discipline(Aquarian emotional suppression + Capricornian discipline + Virgoan self-consciousness = me).

images

I have a similar different issue, in my sidereal chart Pluto in Libra opposes my Aries Mercury, both are close to the edge of the next sign, and Libran Pluto also squares a Capricorn Moon that is conjunct Saturn and sextile Mars. So there's a burning need to self-express and for truth I can even come across as agressive for those who don't get the energy, but the dominant tendency is to make sure I'm always diplomatic, tactful, fair, polite, considerate. Acknowledging hate-feelings is a step, expressing them is ego-death and just too much. Huge fear of hurting others = no humor. Not your style of humor anyhow. But really to be Pollyanna at all times is to abandon oneself. I only recently saw this in the light of day. And I'm glad I did.

Tropical Cancer Suns and Aquarius Moons - my mother and I believe Princess Diana? Anyhow I'm biased on this one ..............

Tropical Aquarius Sun, Cancer Moon - if anyone watches Shakira on the Voice ... you'll catch this balance. A human cause-related, business-like attitude about the show vs. a nurturing tendency that comes through when interacting with contestants.

That's what Cancerian energy is, it's an honoring of one's emotionality, personal needs, and biases, it's a passion for what it is to be human, but I feel like so many of the Cancers I know try to suppress this quality anyhow and that's when it manifests destructively. I mean really this is valid for myself and anyone but really a Cancer trying to be anything but a Cancer is NOT. GOOD.