Angelina Jolie Venus on Asc

Kerrie

I just read that Angelina Jolie has Venus on the Asc natally. Just wondering if anyone else have it? Would you say that you beauty stands out?

I think Angelina is beautiful of course, although she could eat some more but she must be too busy with all those kids, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
2948977382_646659491b.jpg

starlink

Kerrie, I think it depends on a bit more than only that Venus conjunct the Asc. There are beauties who have Sun-Venus conjunctions. Neptune also adds a mesmerizing quality and an aspect from Venus to Pluto adds charisma.

Kerrie

starlink said:
Kerrie, I think it depends on a bit more than only that Venus conjunct the Asc. There are beauties who have Sun-Venus conjunctions. Neptune also adds a mesmerizing quality and an aspect from Venus to Pluto adds charisma.

Too bad I dont have any of them, lol :p .

Hi Kerrie,

This is a very interesting subject. Thank you for bringing it up. I have been thinking about this for some time and I'm grateful to find this thread.

Just to add my couple of cents, actually, I don't believe that planets give beauty BUT I do believe they may amplify the beauty that already exists (or at least give some power of attraction to the less blessed people). Angelina Jolie seems to owe her beauty to her late mother and I think her Venus-Ascendant conjunction is just a final touch to what she already has.

Brooke Shields has her Venus conjoining the Midheaven (MC), which is another example of a placement amplifying beauty. Her beauty (Venus) has been in the public eye (MC) for years since she was a toddler.

Recently I got a great book on astrology for beginners. It is by Rae Orion and the title is "Astrology for Dummies". In Part V, Chapter 19, you will find the aspects that bring talents by category. There is a section on beauty, of course, and I would be glad to share what Orion says about it:

"Venus amplifies beauty, particularly when it is:

Conjunct the Ascendant, the Sun, the Moon, the Midheaven, or the ruler of the Ascendant.

In the 1st or 10th house.

In Taurus or Libra, the signs it rules.

Not everybody with a prominent Venus boasts a gorgeous face. What they do have is even more valuable: the power of attraction. An example is former President Bill Clinton. He’s a Leo (of course) with Venus in the first house in sociable Libra, the sign it rules. His Venus makes four conjunctions and two sextiles. So he easily attracts admirers. Hillary Rodham Clinton, on the other hand, has Venus in Scorpio, the sign of its detriment. With Venus conjunct her ruling planet (Mercury), she can be charming. But her Venus squares Saturn, Pluto, and Mars and makes an irritating (135°) angle to the Moon and Ascendant. Not surprisingly, as a public personality, she has to work harder to make her case."

(End of quote)

Yuliana

Kerrie

I win two = Venus conjunct MC and Venus in the 10th, lol. Thats great... so Venus amplifies beauty, so genetics plays a very big role, oh I understand, there are what you could think of as good looking men, but they are missing something, maybe its because of Venus, not making them beautiful. If you get what I mean, another Pisces moment :) .

Thank you Juliana.

flea

brad Pitt has venus conj moon, george clooney venus in first house, johnny depp venus conj merc in 10th, viggo mortenson has venus conj NN, orlando bloom has venus in 1st in pisces.

starlinks tips proved on the few i found.

Matthew The Astrologer

Given that Venus is never more than two signs from the Sun, and thus a fair percentage of people with Venus on the Asc will have Sun in the 12th House... does this explain why so many of the good-looking ones are crazy?

(ducking)

woolgatherer

I have Venus conjunct the Ascendant (both in Taurus) in the first house. They trine Neptune and are in opposition to Pluto. The hard aspects from Pluto seem difficult though.

hiimnotcool

woolgatherer said:
I have Venus conjunct the Ascendant (both in Taurus) in the first house. They trine Neptune and are in opposition to Pluto. The hard aspects from Pluto seem difficult though.

Actually, square from Pluto to Venus actually creaty a 'sex appeal' to the other gender. People are usually drawn to that. But I would think the orb would have to be fairly tight (1 or 2 degrees) for it to be very noticeable. But I would think either way you'd be a good looking person just with the Taurus ascendant and Venus in the 1st with it.

AquariusT

I actually think she is one of the most unattractive people I have ever seen. I found that a lot of venus on asc people are sometimes not all that good looking! But they attract people.

reallypisces

Very interesting topic. ;)
However, there is one example that does't match with what has been said here. I have Taurus ascendant, Sun conjunct Venus in Pisces and Venus trine Pluto. I guess it should make person either very beautiful or very attractive, however, I wouldn't say it applys to me correctly. I'm not saying this to complain, but the fact is, people have never been really attracted by me, and I would consider myself rather normal-looking than beautiful. It's usually me who gets attracted strongly - often by people whose Venus is not even as strongly placed as mine, and yet I find them more attractive than myself. Anyone has an explanation for this?

hiimnotcool

Your Venus must be getting burnt out by the Sun. Plus, it's not always the 'rule' that people with Libra/Taurus rising will be good looking. There are some other factors, most notably genetics. But in your case you said Venus was conjunct the Sun and planets near the Sun are usually considered to lose power and be less effective. I wonder if that's mitigated by the fact that Venus is in its exaltation in Pisces, but I think the Sun overpowers that sort of thing, unfortunately. Also, we are always going to be harder on ourselves than others are. It's easy to say 'I don't feel good looking at all' but that's only our perception. Other people might think you are the most beautiful thing they've ever seen. I have Taurus rising, Venus in an angle conjunct the IC, and squared Pluto to the degree and sometimes I feel like the most hideous person on earth but it never ceases to amaze me the attention I seem to get.

reallypisces

hiimnotcool said:
Your Venus must be getting burnt out by the Sun. Plus, it's not always the 'rule' that people with Libra/Taurus rising will be good looking. There are some other factors, most notably genetics. But in your case you said Venus was conjunct the Sun and planets near the Sun are usually considered to lose power and be less effective. I wonder if that's mitigated by the fact that Venus is in its exaltation in Pisces, but I think the Sun overpowers that sort of thing, unfortunately. Also, we are always going to be harder on ourselves than others are. It's easy to say 'I don't feel good looking at all' but that's only our perception. Other people might think you are the most beautiful thing they've ever seen. I have Taurus rising, Venus in an angle conjunct the IC, and squared Pluto to the degree and sometimes I feel like the most hideous person on earth but it never ceases to amaze me the attention I seem to get.
It's a bit confusing about Sun conjunctions - in some sources you can read that it strenghtens the planet, in some - that it weakens it. Mine is 5 degrees, but I know a very pretty girl who has very close Sun-Venus conjunction in Aries. Maybe the reason is all that sittig in my 12th house (which can be blamed about just anything :D). That's interesting, do you have Venus in Leo or Cancer?

Last edited:

hiimnotcool

I've heard that a planet gains significant strength when it is within 17 minute arc of the Sun, but the after that most of the sources I've seen have seemed to indicate a diminishing strength of the planet involved. I could be wrong though! I wasn't saying that a Venus-Sun conjunct would make someone unattractive by any means, I was just saying that might be a reason you're feeling the way that you do about appearance. And yes, I have Venus in Leo.

Steeler

Angelina has her Venus in the 12th house conjuncting the ASC,
if her birth-time is really 9.09am.

I've understood that Venus in the 12th is accidentally dignified being placed there. I think Grace Kelly (?) also had Venus in 12th.

Mische

What about aspects between Venus and Aquarius? I've noticed that most models and attractive celebrities have good aspects to them (sextile, conjunction, and trine).

starlink

ReallyPisces wrote:
Very interesting topic. ;)
However, there is one example that does't match with what has been said here. I have Taurus ascendant, Sun conjunct Venus in Pisces and Venus trine Pluto. I guess it should make person either very beautiful or very attractive, however, I wouldn't say it applys to me correctly. I'm not saying this to complain, but the fact is, people have never been really attracted by me, and I would consider myself rather normal-looking than beautiful. It's usually me who gets attracted strongly - often by people whose Venus is not even as strongly placed as mine, and yet I find them more attractive than myself. Anyone has an explanation for this?

I cannot believe that you are not attractive to others with these positions.

When I was young and even now, people say that I am very attractive (my daughter even commented yesterday on that, imagine!). I have been a model
for many years.
I am a Taurus and my Venus is in fall in Aries in the 5th house but conjuncts my Mars (traditional ruler of my Asc.) and trines Pluto (Modern ruler of my Asc.). Venus rules my 12th house. Venus is opposed by Neptune. Now I dont know which one of these positions have given me these looks for which I am very greatful no doubt.(Genes I guess, both my mother and father could have been moviestars).
But what IS strange is that up till I was 17, I was an ugly duckling!! I was pestered like you wont believe it.
One day however, an old lady came to me and said: girl, you should laugh a bit more often, it makes you look so pretty!! You are always so serious!! WOW, that one remark changed my life. From that moment on I laughed and I still get remarks from many people who say: You are always so cheerful!! Believe me, I really am not always that cheerful, but I have started believing in smiling and how it affects your looks.
This also show me that beauty has not only and everything to do with being really beautiful ( high cheekbones and what not). It is also about what you radiate to the outer world. It is the inner beauty which more often than not make a person very attractive and even sexy.

So ReallyPisces, I am sure that you can be very attractive if you ask me.