Rap stars and gemini

roz

Anyone here who's into rap music? I was looking at the charts of some famous rappers and found many of them have planets in gemini:

Tupac Shakur has sun, mercury and venus all in gemini. his saturn is in taurus but almost in gemini as it conjuncts his venus

Biggie Smalls has sun and saturn conjunct in gemini

Eminem has saturn in gemini

Snoop Dogg has saturn in gemini in the 2nd house

Jay-Z has a gemini midheaven

50 cent has moon and mercury in gemini

Interestingly tupac, snoop dogg and jay-z all have mars in aquarius?? Eminem has moon in aquarius. There's also some libra.. could this mean an overall airy influence since rapping is characteristic being able to tell a story quickly and intelligently and use clever rhymes?

Dr Dre has multiple conjunctions in aquarius, moon in libra and a gemini ascendant.

I was also wondering if someone has any theories on what in a natal chart could indicate profanity or controversy since rap lyrics are often very confrontational and full of curse words and the rappers themselves often have a gangsta image or lifestyle?

Rick

Banned
Of course, that's perfectly normal...Gemini is all about words...natives like to pick them apart, study them etc..my Gemini cousin was always fascinated with words, the very notion of them, sounds etc...
Of course air signs are ideal for rap...
Profanity would be Aries and Mars aspects...and maybe Aquarius...

Rick

Banned
It's a bit reaching to include Eminem and Snoop just because of their saturn sign, considering a whole generation would have the same sign placement.

It's not just that, obviously but it helps, and such generation is more creative and bright.
But Snoop has a stellium in Libra...and MARS IN AQUARIUS in the 10th!

Eminem has 4 PLANETS IN LIBRA IN THE 10TH/11TH HOUSE....
And moon in Aquarius...in the 3rd (house of gemini)

roz

It's not just that, obviously but it helps, and such generation is more creative and bright.
But Snoop has a stellium in Libra...and MARS IN AQUARIUS in the 10th!

Eminem has 4 PLANETS IN LIBRA IN THE 10TH/11TH HOUSE....
And moon in Aquarius...in the 3rd (house of gemini)

I don't know what chart you're looking at but here's snoop's chart according to astro.com:

Attachments

• snoop.jpg
    snoop.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 50

roz

Seems like the air signs create clear angles in both Snoop and Eminem's charts.

Attachments

• eminem.jpg
    eminem.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 44

Rick

Banned
It's not MUCH more about Mercury than it is Saturn...it's first and foremost about AIR signs...

-
ROZ
Pluto, Uranus and Sun in LIBRA, 3 more planets in early Scorpio (they're no idiot either) aspecting the Gemini and Aquarius placements...

roz

Though I'm Not a fan of Rap, my best friend a Native-American Viet Naum Marine, beat his daughter's Cassette player to to smithereens and told her "You don't listen to underachievers and losers in this house and if I see it again there will be no music period for you, EVER!"

Yeah, they're quite the "underachievers" and "losers" when they make millions doing what they love! :) Strangely enough there is a rap group called Underachievers...

Neptunia

This is all very interesting...

Anyone here who's into rap music? I was looking at the charts of some famous rappers and found many of them have planets in gemini:

Tupac Shakur has sun, mercury and venus all in gemini. his saturn is in taurus but almost in gemini as it conjuncts his venus

Interestingly tupac, snoop dogg and jay-z all have mars in aquarius?? Eminem has moon in aquarius. There's also some libra.. could this mean an overall airy influence since rapping is characteristic being able to tell a story quickly and intelligently and use clever rhymes?

Dr Dre has multiple conjunctions in aquarius, moon in libra and a gemini ascendant.

I was also wondering if someone has any theories on what in a natal chart could indicate profanity or controversy since rap lyrics are often very confrontational and full of curse words and the rappers themselves often have a gangsta image or lifestyle?

venuschild

Banned
Rick, you have to over look my taste in music, we all have our Jupiterian bigotries, and our Virgoan discrimination...did he actually say 'All'?:wink:

For example, I have a great friend who won't eat broccoli, or much else any vegetable...too bad..for him!

Like I'm not an opera fan either but I watch it occasionally.

But Rap is definitely Gemini as it has a message from those in the Hood, who's associations grew up many times in 'the projects'. And Mercury is the Messenger of the gods, from Greek lore, in the in the mythology that Ben Dykes claims Modern astrology borrows so much from myths and psychology unlike Medieval astrology.

Now the Fine Arts are classed under Libra, typically arts like music and it's no doubt Libra and Classical are one.

And the fine voices are Taurus, and Libra. The vulgarity and profanity, and the ghetto mentality of so many rappers referring to human females as 'holes' must be Mars and possibly Arian or Scorpio.

Long ago an astrologer explained to me the sensitivity of Pisces, particularly the Neptune ray, how it was basically only good for music, art, poetry, as they are not of this world, Neptunian and the scholars pre-1700 will say Jupiterian!

But this 'music craze' just like Rock from the 50's and 60s, is the 5th house of creativity.

As certain transits brought in acid rock in the 60's like Neptune in Libra, I'd like to see some data on when the first Rap record was cut, like a horoscope for the time, or the transits.

Of course I'm still not a fan of Rap, but of this Rap artists who I adopted the song with a lady I was with, but then we are astro scientists, and unlike our parents pushing us to eat everything on our plate, some foods I still won't touch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

Last edited:

venuschild

Banned
Zodiac-Family-e1346191398124-320x320.jpg

http://www.auxmaillesgodefroy.com/neptune_timeline

From the above website it appears Neptune influence the culture of Rock & Roll in the 50s and 60s when Neptune was in Scorpio. Yet it is my hypothesis those born with Neptune in Libra were the actual artists whom instigated the movement in music changing; like Elvis and the Beatles.

While Neptune entered Capricorn in 1984, my first association with Rap through T.J. Hammer was in 1989.

http://astrology.about.com/od/advancedastrology/p/Neptune.htm

http://www.drstandley.com/astrologycharts_neptune_moving_through_the_signs_calendar.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapping

http://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-10482,00.html

http://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_rap-timeline1.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gvCCWcR5dM

Evidently Rap goes way back, maybe Nostradamus heard a few lyrics in his time?
:wink:

TAURUSGAL

I'm a newbie to this, but still thought I'd chime in… Of course, we know with gemini we get communication and aquarius/uranus energy is revolutionary. From my memory, each of the above artists that you've mentioned were REVOLUTIONARY, INVENTIVE, INGENIOUS (uranus/aquarius) in their own right..

Dr. Dre- NWA the worlds first gangster rap group/ dre beats head phones/bringing light to what happens in the ghetto/hoods.
tupac- creatively merged hip hop and humanity issues (debra's got a baby/keep your head up)
snoop- first rapper since NWA (Dr. Dre) to LOOK like 'the hood' with his first album, this is when rap started becoming more 'laid back' could it have been the weed? LOL
Eminem- The Great white rapper, he sort of reminds me of a 'white' tupac with his ability to be diverse and discuss relevant issues.

At least, those are the connections I see.