It's my Birth Day!

Howl

Hello my friends,

My my you write a lot! I am only accessing the net occassionally, and can hardly wade through the new posts on the board, nevermind reply! :rolleyes:

It's my birth day on December 10th...the beginning of my own personal 25th journey around our sun :) and the first time that I will be paying conscious astrological attention to the event! It feels like a "big" birthday too...perhaps because I am about to move to take up a job offer that I am very happy and excited about. In doing so, I "permanently" leave behind the city, friends and lifestyle of my young adult life. I've travelled before but always come back to Perth, and now I will never live here again in the same way.

I am posting two different Solar Return charts below, one for Perth, Australia, and one for Canberra, Australia. I am unsure as to which SR chart to pay more attention to, and would love to hear your opinions :) I will be in Canberra for my actual birthday, and will return to Perth the next day and stay until the end of January. In February I will move (more or less) permanently to Canberra.

(My birth details, should anybody like to use them)
8.50pm (AWST - Australian Western Standard Time, no daylight savings)
December 10 1981, Perth, Australia (115e51, 31s57)

Interestingly, the Leo and 4H/5H focus in the first chart (Perth) describes what I am doing here rather well (a two month holiday at home, being with my family, close friends and lover, touching base and sorting myself and my relationships out before I leave).

Actually, I realy like that chart, and I hope it isn't the case that I leave all that energy behind in Perth when I move. The second chart (Canberra) with it's Virgo ascendant and 3H focus, describes the challenging mental/communicative nature of the job I am taking, and the learning I am going to need to do to. I am not sure what Pluto and Venus are doing in the 4H yet :)

So what do you think? Do I look at both? One at a time?

I also welcome any interpretation of my SR charts...do you see any particular themes, issues or focus? For instance, what will I do with that massive Jupiter/Mercury/Mars conjunction (which actually conjuncts my natal Uranus)? wow :D. I have looked at these charts myself, but I suffer situational bias and don't always see the obvious ;)

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

starlink

Happy Birthday to you Howl! I personally would take the Canberra chart because first of all you are there on your birthday and secondly, you will be there again and for the longest time afterwards. Perth is just an in between station. Your situation reminds me very much of my own son who has birthday on 15 december and also contemplates turning back to find a job and he also will probably have to learn more, funny. Anyways, take the Canberra one I would say. Have a great day! S.

wilsontc

Staff member
Birth chart, to Howl

Howl,

I relate everything back to the birth chart, so the place used in any transit, progressed chart, Solar Return chart, etc. is the same place as the birth chart. Otherwise, it is as if you become a different person when you move to a different place. I have done a lot of moving over the years, but I am still me wherever I go! ;)

Staying me,

Tim

Sanem

Happy birthday Liss, saggies rule! :D

Your Perth chart does look extremely nice, looks like you'd have a heck of a birth day if you'd stay at home than :).

The Canberra does suggest you'll be involved in work, but you'll still be receiving gifts at home?

Howl

Hi guys, and thanks :)

I may have actually spent the exact moment of my birthday in a spa. My astrological birthday fell at about 1.30am in Canberra, in the (early hours of the) morning of the day of my orientation at this new job (yep, I flew over 3000k's for only one day of orientation, but it was worth it). I hope this suggests that my new year will be full of hotel rooms, spas, new career opportunities and opulence! Whoo!

This year may prove useful in refining my personal thoery of Solar Returns. The two charts are so different, surely I will be able to see which one I am "living" more. I will certainly keep you posted...

Yep Sanem, my presents all came from home :)

Last edited: