Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

I don't believe that Jesus ever claimed to be God, he claimed to be the unique son of God - his Messiah and Apostle, because there are many sons of God in the Bible, also you probably don't understand what a Father means in relation to God. This isn't narcissistic, because it was true and God demonstrated his claims with all miracles, wonders and signs - Acts 2:22.

His only "Begotten" son, whatever that means.

petosiris

Banned
His only "Begotten" son, whatever that means.

Monogenes in Greek has dual meaning of only-begotten (only son) and one of its kind (unique son) and both are true, because only he was conceived by the holy spirit of God and is his Anointed servant who will sit upon the throne of David forever. He is also his firstborn in this sense like Israel, not the first to be born, but the first among those born i.e. in authority. There are sons of God way back in Gen. 6:4.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Swearing being one of them :smile:

Ayn Rand doesn't solve the naturalist fallacy. What is your philosophy of ethics?

Rational self-interest is my ethics to put simply

and idk if she solved the problem or not. No philosopher has actually solved it. It's asking a question that will never deliver the right answer.

But that doesn't mean we can't choose goals and figure out how to achieve those goals.

If the goal is human flourishing, then Rand's ethics destroys religious ethics. If the goal is human suffering, then yeah, Rand loses. But it's obvious that people want to flourish not suffer, even though we cannot derive flourishing as being good from the facts of the natural world.

petosiris

Banned
The greatest philosopher i.e. the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob solved it before the world existed for he made the world with Torah and Lord Messiah in mind (in his foreknowledge). He gave his wisdom through his oracles called prophets of whom the greatest was Jesus. They were graded absolutists, and all nations are very much aided by reading and listening to them.

Last edited:

ynnest

Monogenes in Greek has dual meaning of only-begotten (only son) and one of its kind (unique son) and both are true, because only he was conceived by the holy spirit of God and is his Anointed servant who will sit upon the throne of David forever. He is also his firstborn in this sense like Israel, not the first to be born, but the first among those born i.e. in authority. There are sons of God way back in Gen. 6:4.

What if that only begotten son regularly pooped in the holy ghosts bedroom? Still deserves to sit on that throne of David forever when my friend Fred who always cleans the begottens **** up never get a word of encouragement?

Just a theoretical example but an interesting one in my opinion!

Y

david starling

Old argument, but if Joseph was the link to the line of David, and was supplanted by the Holy Spirit in regard to the conception, there goes the link.

petosiris

Banned
What if that only begotten son regularly pooped in the holy ghosts bedroom? Still deserves to sit on that throne of David forever when my friend Fred who always cleans the begottens **** up never get a word of encouragement?

Just a theoretical example but an interesting one in my opinion!

Y

Many people don't want Jesus as their lord and savior, so they are going to come up with bad excuses to explain that.

petosiris

Banned
Old argument, but if Joseph was the link to the line of David, and was supplanted by the Holy Spirit in regard to the conception, there goes the link.

Inheritance always passes through the father in the Bible, but it can pass through the mother in certain cases (when Mary's father had no sons) - Numbers 27:1-11. Sheshan had no sons, but his son-in-law, an Egyptian slave named Jarha continued his lineage - 1 Chron. 2:34-41. Although plausible (Adam didn't have parents either), I still find this perplexing.

I prefer an alternative where the holy spirit miraculously conceived Jesus with the sperm of Joseph (who is son of Matthan biologically and supposed son of Heli by law - that is by levirate marriage Matt. 1:16 and Luke 3:23) and the ovum of Mary. The early Jewish followers called Ebionites or Nazarenes (original name of the sect of the Christians) by the church fathers (who mostly believed Jesus was the angel of the lord in contradiction with Hebr. 1:5 and later fully god, an idolatrous innovation) also believed this. He is the only-begotten son of God, fathered only by the will of God, but also fully man - the son of man.

Some anti-missionaries falsely argue that the Messiah must also be the son of Solomon. But they can have their case with the genealogy in Matthew.
Some anti-missionaries falsely argue that Jesus can't be the Messiah based on Jeconiah's lineage. Haggai 2:20-23 reversed the curse of Jeconiah (the Talmud itself says that Jeconiah later repented and the curse was lifted back then).
Some anti-missionaries rightly argue that parthenos in the Greek translations of Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew 1:23 should be translated as ''maiden'' (I still believe Mary was a virgin in order for Jesus to fulfill some other prophecies besides this one though).

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
My attitude is, that if God truly loves humanity, He will save EVERYONE, not just those who follow his dictates.

“And when all these things come upon you, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before you, and you call them to mind among all the nations where the Lord your God has driven you, and return to the Lord your God, you and your children, and obey his voice in all that I command you today, with all your heart and with all your soul, then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have mercy on you, and he will gather you again from all the peoples where the Lord your God has scattered you. If your outcasts are in the uttermost parts of heaven, from there the Lord your God will gather you, and from there he will take you. And the Lord your God will bring you into the land that your fathers possessed, that you may possess it. And he will make you more prosperous and numerous than your fathers. And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live. And the Lord your God will put all these curses on your foes and enemies who persecuted you. And you shall again obey the voice of the Lord and keep all his commandments that I command you today. The Lord your God will make you abundantly prosperous in all the work of your hand, in the fruit of your womb and in the fruit of your cattle and in the fruit of your ground. For the Lord will again take delight in prospering you, as he took delight in your fathers, when you obey the voice of the Lord your God, to keep his commandments and his statutes that are written in this Book of the Law, when you turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

“For this commandment that I command you today is not too hard for you, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend to heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ But the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it.

“See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil. If you obey the commandments of the Lord your God that I command you today, by loving the Lord your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules, then you shall live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it. But if your heart turns away, and you will not hear, but are drawn away to worship other gods and serve them, I declare to you today, that you shall surely perish. You shall not live long in the land that you are going over the Jordan to enter and possess. I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.” - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+30&version=ESV

petosiris

Banned
For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.” Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.” But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.” Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree” - Gal. 3:10-13 esv

petosiris

Banned
''And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”'' - Gen. 1:28

Because mankind was created in His image, God gave men and women a privileged place among all creatures and commanded them to exercise stewardship over the earth (Genesis 1:26-28; Psalm 8:6-8). Stewardship implies caretaking, not abusing. We are to intelligently manage the resources God has given us, using all diligent care to preserve and protect them. This is seen in the Old Testament where God commanded that the fields and vineyards would be sown and harvested for six years, then left fallow for the seventh year in order to replenish the soil’s nutrients, both to rest the land and to ensure continued provision for His people in the future (Exodus 23:10-11; Leviticus 25:1-7).

At the same time, the earth we inhabit is not a permanent planet, nor was it ever intended to be. The environmental movement is consumed with trying to preserve the planet forever, and we know this is not God’s plan. He tells us in 2 Peter 3:10 that at the end of the age, the earth and all He has created will be destroyed: "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up" (NKJV). The physical, natural earth in its present form, with its entire universe will be consumed, and God will create a "new heaven and a new earth" (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1).

So we see that, rather than trying to preserve the earth for thousands or even millions of years to come, we are to be good stewards of it for as long as it lasts, which will be as long as it serves God’s sovereign plan and purpose. - https://www.gotquestions.org/environmentalism-Christian.html

Hkk

Account Closed
This chat room has calmed down a bit hasn’t it? Where’s the usual crew with the big words and big discussions? Have I missed something