Huge red flag in synastry but composite chart might be ok

wan

Hello....I finally got my hands on the birth info of this guy I like. I have looked at both the synastry as well as the composite chart closely. I have found a few major red flags in our synastry, namely that our Moon square each other very closely, (this is actually my nightmare come true. I was quite dismayed) and a lot of my personal planets in his 12th house. But anyway, I looked at the composite chart too, and I found a few good things: composite Sun in 4th (which I have heard is good, though I am not completely sure), and we also have composite sun trine moon. Seems to me the message I get from our synastry sort of conflicts with that I get from our composite. Not really sure which of them I should give more weight too. What do the experts here think?

Anyway just hoping someone more knowledgeable than I am could be kind enough to look over them and tell me whether I have a chance, a future, with this guy. I really really like him. I am seeking guidance.

Please find my chart, his chart, and the composite chart attached below. Please note that I have all the info correct except his precise birth time (it could be off by a few minutes but I think what I have is close enough). If you have any questions, by all means ask me! I just so badly want to talk to someone right now. So many questions.

Thank you.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 57
  • crush.gif
    crush.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 40
  • composite.png
    composite.png
    101 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

wan

Sure. Please see attached. I think that's what you are looking for. Let me know if it's not.

Thanks Elena.

Attachments

• synastry.png
    synastry.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 56

ElenaJ

Yes, thank you.
Actually, the synastry isn't a negative one.
If his birth time is close to what you posted, you have opposite ascendent/descendent signs, and that is very attractive.

wan

Yes, thank you.
Actually, the synastry isn't a negative one.
If his birth time is close to what you posted, you have opposite ascendent/descendent signs, and that is very attractive.

Oooh I see.

Yes I did notice that, however I sort of discounted it because they are not exactly in orb.

What about his Moon squares my Moon very closely? This is very bad, right? Also, he has 4 planets in my 7th and 10th and I have 4 planets in his 1st, 4th and 10th. Is this significant? Also my Moon conjuncts his IC quite closely. Does this somehow offset our Moon square Moon?

And what about our composite chart? There is a very unfortunate Moon square saturn in our composite, how should I read it? Also, does it get salvaged through our Sun trine Moon? And what about the fact we have our sun in the 4th house?

Thanks Elena.

ElenaJ

No, these are not terrible placements.
The moon on IC is very intuitive and positive.
Moon square moon is not really a deal breaker, it just shows your moods may not always be synchronised and emotionally you don't comunicate on the same wave length.

katydid

I know it is frustrating when the ‘house’ astrologers do not come to agreement in a synastry chart…:innocent:

I agree with most of everything Elena said. But I still have some concerns about this synastry.

When you two are together, is there any evidence that he cares for you romantically or likes you back?

The reason I ask is that there are some things in the chart comparison which makes me wonder if you cannot see him or his reactions very clearly or objectively.

In your natal, you have Pisces rising, with the ruler, Neptune at the very top of your chart, conjunct the MC.

Here is a good excerpt about Neptune/MC conjunction:

https://astrologyking.com/neptune-conjunct-midheaven/

Neptune conjunct Midheaven natal makes you highly sensitive to all forms of energy coming from other people and the environment. You receive an awful amount of vibrational energy from your five senses plus your intuition, fantasies, and dreams.

You have a developed psychic ability yet filtering so many impressions is difficult and confusing. It is also confusing to understand what is real and correct, and what is an illusion and false. You see the world in a much different way than most other people. You see, hear and sense in other ways a whole range of spiritual energy, entities, and worlds that are there but only a few people like yourself ever know about.

As a child, you were most likely very disoriented and felt you did not fit in. As well as being confused you may have become scared and weak, appearing vague and suspicious to people around you. As a result, you may have felt lost, isolated and very lonely. One particular parent may have been influential in guiding you through the fog of confusion. Usually your father but sometimes your mother or a single parent.

More unnerving still is the chance that you have great difficulty in defining a self-identity. Without that sense of who you are it is so hard to know where you are going or what you should be doing with your life.

Depression is common in this aspect while young. Thankfully as you grow and explore the world you meet others like yourself which gives self-confidence and a sense of belonging. The Internet gives you endless opportunities to connect to other sensitive people to bring out the positives of this aspect.

You may also seek a sense of belonging through communal living, or non-traditional religions and spiritual group. You are an idealist and would benefit from joining groups with shared ideals such as charities, humane societies, animal welfare, and environmental groups. You are spiritually inclined and do not need drugs to enter altered states of consciousness. You should avoid drugs and alcohol.

You show a lot of empathy and care to most things but germs and poisons are not your friends. You need to take more care than most to avoid infection, contamination, and overdose. Until you develop a strong sense of self and direction in life you must also beware of being victimized or taken advantage of.

Deception and scandal involving your superiors and career, in general, are possible. This could range from being underpaid to involvement in celebrity sex scandals. To gain more confidence in public you should use mirrors, cameras, and video to practice being on show.

I am not sure how much of that^^^ fits for you, but it seems accurate for the natives I have known with prominent Neptune conjunct of opposed the MC.

Also, in my experience, those with Neptune culminating had a way of getting lost in the crowd when they were in high school. The friends they did have didnt always understand them because they had so many ‘social identities’….

Thus, with Neptune on MC, You could be a social shape shifter, taking on any role that you felt you needed or wanted at the time. A social chameleon.

When this follows into adulthood,you might feel you have lost the authentic self somewhat?

You can be anyone who you want to be at anytime, which can give those in your workplace and neighborhood a very wide range of impressions of you. There’s no real definitive image of you. Where are you going? What do you want to do?

Neptune on the Midheaven can make you quite a hermit—, not too eager to engage in the hustle and bustle of the outside world. You can disappear very regularly, remaining in solitude while others wonder where you’ve been.

One thing that is always evident is your compassion and your urge to be a good person and help change things for the better. :innocent:

But Neptune on the MC also indicates that bosses or superiors feel they can take advantage. They know you are caring and want to be of service—so they may try to take advantage of your devotion. :unsure:

Neptune is the highest planet in your chart. And it makes the most aspects. It is also the chart ruler, so it is prominent in your natal chart.

It trines Jupiter and sextiles Pluto, so it is amplified and strong. You are confident in the impressions and feelings you pick up in public and at the workplace.

But are those impressions and perceptions be reliable? :bandit:

This has been focused upon your Neptune primarily, but only as a back story for the synastry, which is in Part 2…

Last edited:

katydid

Part 2:

Your chart Pattern is a Bowl. The Neptune/Mars opposition is the rim of the bowl. Mars opposite Neptune natal indicates a possible internal struggle against insecurities and fears from the past. You may initially make up for this low self esteem by showing a brave and assertive exterior, but this aggressiveness doesn't always seem natural and does not sit well with other people.:unsure:

Neptune/Mars opposition also makes it hard to see or understand how others are seeing you and your behaviours. You may not understand that some people are put off by some of the things you do or say in your quest for love and acceptance. In other words, if someone is resisting your advances, you may not recognise it or accept it? :pouty:

Your crush has his Venus,@ 26 Virgo, making a T-square to the rim of your Bowl.[Mars/Neptune opposition]

I can see why you would be really attracted to him. But my question is—is he welcoming your advances? Is he appreciative of your romantic notions?

Has he reacted in a positive way? :whistling:

Last edited:

wan

Katy:

Thanks so much for your detailed responses, and the part about my Neptune was spot-on! Wow!

As for your question, I am not entirely sure whether he welcomes my advances or not. I think he does, but not 100% sure. Never asked (in fact I believe actually asking him outright would be too forward, even for someone like me).

I think he is not nearly as interested in me as I am in him. However so far our conversations have been pleasant. He even called up his mom to get his time of birth for me.

Have you got the chance to look at our composite chart yet, Katy? What do you think of the packed 4th house? It has two malefics in it, Mars and Saturn. I have heard that this is bad. And what about my moon conjunct his IC? Does this somehow offset our horrible Moon square Moon? And what about my Mars closely squaring his Venus? I read that this could cause trouble.

Once again thank you to you katy. Your replies are much appreciated. And feel free to ask me any more questions if you need to.

Last edited:

katydid

Have you got the chance to look at our composite chart yet, Katy? What do you think of the packed 4th house? It has two malefics in it, Mars and Saturn. I have heard that this is bad. And what about my moon conjunct his IC? Does this somehow offset our horrible Moon square Moon? And what about my Mars closely squaring his Venus? I read that this could cause trouble.”

The thing about Composite charts is that the chart is not a real chart, nor a real moment in time. The chart only exists as a theoretical model of a Relationship. It is made up of the midpoint s between 2 people’s natal charts, and is thus the hypothetical birth chart of the couple’s relationship. :sideways:

So I don’t focus too much on a Composite unless the two people are in a solid, intimate connection of some kind; Parent/Child, Husband/Wife, Business Partners, etc….

I got the impression that this composite is set up for you and a potential partner, a coworker of yours? So it is kind of hard to fully interpret it at this time. If you two do begin dating, then it will make sense to try and interpret the Composite chart more fully.

But I will answer your specific questions:

“What do you think of the packed 4th house? It has two malefics in it, Mars and Saturn. I have heard that this is bad.”

The composite 4th house can show how we connect emotionally and express our feelings and needs.

With the composite 4th house in Virgo, you may have a relationship with lots of structure and order and this may serve as the base of the connection at first. It may be mentally based. Perhaps your emotional connection can be less analytical and emotionless as you spend more quality time together. :innocent:

With the Sun in the 4th conjunct the IC, there may be an emphasis on nurturing, protecting, and supporting one another. The level of emotional understanding and general comfort is high.

But the Mars, Jupiter and Saturn Squares may confuse the situation somewhat. There are many conflicts of interest and circumstances which may complicate things and create barriers.

“And what about my moon conjunct his IC? Does this somehow offset our horrible Moon square Moon? “

First of all, your Moon Square Moon is not that horrible. He has Moon in Aquarius and you have Moon conjunct Uranus, which is a very similar type of energy. And the square between the Moons can be irritating and annoying but is not a total deal breaker.

The downside is that both of you have Fixed Mode Moons, so you both may be emotionally stubborn and somewhat guarded. When vulnerable, you may both shut down. It can be hard to get an emotional relationship off the ground with both Moons being in Fixed signs, as they often WAIT, and expect the other person to initiate things .

With you both having mutable Mars energy, with both Mars in opposing signs, you could easily ‘Friend Zone’ each other if no one makes the first move. It can be like a mental, rational stalemate—with emotions being left out of the equation.

“And what about my Mars closely squaring his Venus? I read that this could cause trouble.”

Your 4th House Mars in Gemini tightly Squares his Venus in Virgo. Venus square Mars in synastry binds two individuals in a volatile relationship. It signifies a magnetic relationship filled with tensions.

There is often a very strong physical attraction created by the Venus/Mars Square. In Mutable Mode, it can be an intellectual attraction as well. The two may feel energised by talking and sharing ideas with each other and a deep trusting friendship may blossom, even though there is some potential frustration and impatience within mutable squares.

wan

Much thanks to you Katy for the detailed responses. You have made me both look within myself as well as think hard about this nascent relationship. And yes, this is someone I work with (my manager, to be exact). He is indeed quite passive and somewhat difficult to read, but this is what makes me like him so much.

*kisses to Katy*