Cazimi planets

ZeraNika98

I've been doing research on Cazimi planets online but... there's not much there. I kind of understand why it's discussed often since it is rare for someone to have a cazimi planets. It would either be a combusted planet or just a planet "under the sunbeams" or something. I've read articles that mention Oprah Winfrey, who has a Cazimi Venus in Aquarius (is this right?). And what appears in Google are mostly cazimi mercury ones.

Does anyone here have extensive knowledge on this natal aspect? A cazimi planet is known to be "In The Heart Of The Sun" but I don't quite understand the positive influence on this one. If someone has a cazimi mercury, would it mean they would be a genius? An expert? What about a cazimi mars, would they be brilliant athletes? What about Venus cazimi? Would they have brilliant venusian qualities like, being charming? Talented?

And is it also possible for outer planets to be a cazimi? Please lend me some of your knowledge, astrologers. :)

tikana

Imagine an athlete now add doping to that athlete - he / she becomes stronger .. that is how you treat cazimi

JUPITERASC

I've been doing research on Cazimi planets online but... there's not much there.
I kind of understand why it's discussed often since it is rare for someone to have a cazimi planets.

It would either be a combusted planet
or just a planet "under the sunbeams"
or something.

I've read articles that mention Oprah Winfrey, who has a Cazimi Venus in Aquarius (is this right?).
And what appears in Google are mostly cazimi mercury ones.

Does anyone here have extensive knowledge on this natal aspect?
A cazimi planet is known to be "In The Heart Of The Sun" but I don't quite understand the positive influence on this one.
If someone has a cazimi mercury, would it mean they would be a genius? An expert?
What about a cazimi mars, would they be brilliant athletes?
What about Venus cazimi?
Would they have brilliant venusian qualities like, being charming? Talented?

And is it also possible for outer planets to be a cazimi?

Please lend me some of your knowledge, astrologers. :)
"under the beams" "combust" "cazimi" refer to invisibility of planets when conjunct Sun

just to clarify a point
If you use the outer planets, it makes no sense to use combustion.

The greatest affliction is because a planet becomes invisible when it's combust.
The outer planets are always invisible, even when they're not combust.

See the flaw in logic of using both?

Oddity just explained on another thread on a similar topic,
outer planets are never visible during daytime :smile:
so outer planets visibility is unaffected by being conjunct Sun
i.e.
an outer planet conjunct Sun is invisible
an outer planet NOT conjunct Sun is still invisible

tsmall

Premium Member
Understanding cazimi planets is easier if you understand planetary nature, the differences in combustion and under the beams, and aspectual theory.

A conjunction isn't an aspect, though it gets included with them. It is a bodily union that joins two individual planets, linking them together inextricably.

The nature of the Sun, as the light that brings life to the Universe, is to select. It is from this concept that Sun sign astrology (for all the harm it's done to astrology) developed. Traditionally, the Sun is what we call an "accidental malefic," in that it burns what is near to it but elevates by friendly aspect. Cazimi, however, in the heart of the Sun, means that the Sun selects/chooses to emphasize the things ruled and signified by the planet literally sitting in his lap.

If we look deeper into the idea of selection, we can understand that Solar things (Lot of Spirit, the solar houses) are going to be things that the native produces or brings about, as opposed to Lunar (of the body) things that come to the native. Solar=because of, Lunar=happens to.

A cazimi planet is something in a chart that requires particular attention, because whatever that planet rules or signifies will be of utmost importance to the native, for good or ill.

ZeraNika98

Understanding cazimi planets is easier if you understand planetary nature, the differences in combustion and under the beams, and aspectual theory.

A conjunction isn't an aspect, though it gets included with them. It is a bodily union that joins two individual planets, linking them together inextricably.

The nature of the Sun, as the light that brings life to the Universe, is to select. It is from this concept that Sun sign astrology (for all the harm it's done to astrology) developed. Traditionally, the Sun is what we call an "accidental malefic," in that it burns what is near to it but elevates by friendly aspect. Cazimi, however, in the heart of the Sun, means that the Sun selects/chooses to emphasize the things ruled and signified by the planet literally sitting in his lap.

If we look deeper into the idea of selection, we can understand that Solar things (Lot of Spirit, the solar houses) are going to be things that the native produces or brings about, as opposed to Lunar (of the body) things that come to the native. Solar=because of, Lunar=happens to.

A cazimi planet is something in a chart that requires particular attention, because whatever that planet rules or signifies will be of utmost importance to the native, for good or ill.

Would it bring positive results in the houses that it rules? Lets say we have a Mercury cazimi, and it rules the 10th house?

tsmall

Premium Member
Would it bring positive results in the houses that it rules? Lets say we have a Mercury cazimi, and it rules the 10th house?

It would depend on the house and sign that Sun and Mercury are in, the sect of the chart, and a whole host of other things as to whether a cazimi Mercury could bring positive results, and then we would have to define what a positive result would be Remember, 10th is career, status and reputation. As I said above, the houses Mercury rules will be of great importance to the native...and status can mean notariety as well as fame.