Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 02-04-2019, 10:58 PM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Speaking of Sign-blending at the Sign-cusps, Uranos (my preferred, and legitimate, spelling-alternative to "Uranus") is within less than 2 degrees of Taurus, in Direct-motion. Using Sign-blending, that means it's still in the Sign Aries, but is garnering a fair amount of Taurian qualities to go along with those of Aries.
The "Walled-off", "On/Off" version of Sign-change makes no sense to me, either logically (because I view the Signs as a continuum), or intuitively. Houses have walls, Signs have permeable boundaries. [IMO].

Last edited by david starling; 02-04-2019 at 11:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
SunConjunctUranus (02-05-2019)
Unread 02-05-2019, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
So, 888, how do you keep your writing schedule? Do you sit down at the same time every day? Do you write for a set time or do you have to produce a certain page or word count?
I don't really care for word counts. And I don't have a fixed schedule either because one day I may be pretty busy and the next day I may sit there doing nothing. So I look at the schedule of my current week, decide the best time for writing, and on that day it's work time. You can't imagine how much I can write during work time, because I'm completely immersed in my work then. I'm also pretty flexible with my work time. I can be sitting in the class during break time and write too. When you don't have much time in your hand you really have to find creative way to budget your time.

And as for my blog, once I finish a post, I reward myself with a break for 1 day, them I plan for my next post.
Unread 02-05-2019, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Venus has recently ingressed tropical Capricorn. In 12/12, this is a Self-Directed placement, just as in Gemini, it's Sense of Purpose.
I know of a certain person on this forum who has nothing good to say about Gemini Venus. He really needs to see this.
Unread 02-05-2019, 01:04 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Venus has recently ingressed tropical Capricorn. In 12/12, this is a Self-Directed placement, just as in Gemini, it's Sense of Purpose.
What sort of sense of purpose do you see Venus in Capricorn having, in your theory or experience?
Unread 02-05-2019, 01:24 AM

My friend's niece likes to write fantasy fictions. Her latest work is about a world with 12 islands called "zodiac circle", kind of like a birth chart if all the signs turn into flocks of land. So apparently each island represents a zodiac sign and the island has the same features of the sign it represents. There is also a God ruling over each island too.

For a teen fiction, it is pretty well written. But the plot isn't the strongest asset. Her protagonist lives on Aquarius island because my niece is an Aquarius. The Aqua girl then gets kidnapped by the Aquarian God because the God wants to turn her into a slave or something because she possesses the same power as the God. And this is where the story comes to a halt.

But what really cracks me up is what she think Aquarius looks like. The Aqua girl's power is pouring water on people's head, and the Aqua God can control water from a river, because, you know, Aquarius is a WATER bearer

I can't wait to see how the signs with absolutely no useful "power" like Gemini and Virgo can do. Oh, and also Libra. Will the God a floating scale?

Last edited by Gemini888; 02-05-2019 at 01:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini888 For This Useful Post:
Witchyone (02-05-2019)
Unread 02-05-2019, 01:30 AM

Don't know how serious she is with her story, but she might get a lot of inspiration for Libra by studying the Egyptian Goddess Ma'at. Being the sign of equilibrium and balance seems to be a very powerful asset, in my mind.

Gemini - power of two/collaboration
Virgo - extreme attention to detail

A lot of advantage can be gained from those "powers"
Unread 02-05-2019, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
What sort of sense of purpose do you see Venus in Capricorn having, in your theory or experience?
It's actually a difficult question, because Venus is the planet I can least identify with, having only an inconjunct with Jupiter. But I'm going to take a guess. Capricorn Venus wants us to value what truly worth valuing. You don't like something just because it shiny, you have to like it because it will be helpful for you in the long run. Therefore, you have to accept that finding what you truly like will take time, and you shouldn't rush things. That applies to your love life. You have to find someone who will live with you for the rest of your life, not a one-time popular kid.
conspiracy theorist (02-05-2019)
Unread 02-05-2019, 01:56 AM

That's not a bad crack at it. But I wonder if what you're describing isn't just a general Capricorn purposefulness to the sphere of love and values, as opposed to that extra "oomph" that would make Venus specifically more purposeful in the sign of Capricorn. You could apply that interpretation to the other planets and come up with an equally purposeful interpretation related to that planets special functions.
david starling (02-05-2019)
Unread 02-05-2019, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Don't know how serious she is with her story, but she might get a lot of inspiration for Libra by studying the Egyptian Goddess Ma'at. Being the sign of equilibrium and balance seems to be a very powerful asset, in my mind.

I wish she would, since her writing is so good you can see everything as if it's really happening. My point is that she thinks of the zodiac signs way too literally. So if Aqua can control water just because its symbol is the water bearer, then Libra is likely to be a literal floating scale too. So I'm wondering what will happen when she comes to the signs whose symbols have nothing interesting.
Unread 02-05-2019, 02:04 AM

Is she open to suggestions or is she 100% committed to her current vision and direction of her story? She might just need a nudge in the right direction. Maybe a little scaffolding would do her some good.
Unread 02-05-2019, 02:11 AM

In some visionary currents, the power of Ma'at is literally seen as a scale where the heart is weighed.
Unread 02-05-2019, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Is she open to suggestions or is she 100% committed to her current vision and direction of her story? She might just need a nudge in the right direction. Maybe a little scaffolding would do her some good.
Quote:
She's always committed to any story she writes. But she can get bored real fast. She has a large collection of abandoned stories. The way I see it, it's an outlet for her fantasy fiction love and a way for her to practice writing. I just let things go and enjoy the process
Unread 02-05-2019, 02:23 AM

Quote:
That's not a bad crack at it. But I wonder if what you're describing isn't just a general Capricorn purposefulness to the sphere of love and values, as opposed to that extra "oomph" that would make Venus specifically more purposeful in the sign of Capricorn. You could apply that interpretation to the other planets and come up with an equally purposeful interpretation related to that planets special functions.
Self-Direction for Venus in Cap. It's significant because Capricorn tends to follow convention. True that these various placements include interpretations related to each "planets special functions".

Last edited by david starling; 02-05-2019 at 02:42 AM.
Unread 02-05-2019, 02:29 AM

Can't someone follow convention in a self-directed manner?
Unread 02-05-2019, 02:34 AM

Reaction formation is a psychological defense mechanism that masks the disgust for something by going in the exact opposite direction - You hate that person so everyday you always greet them with a big smile and offerings for coffee and refreshments.

Someone can be pushed to not follow convention as a result of this defense mechanism - they aren't truly self-directed.
Unread 02-05-2019, 02:51 AM

Regarding Venus, Sect might be involved. Venus has different characteristics as Morning-star than Evening-star.
SunConjunctUranus (02-05-2019)
Unread 02-05-2019, 03:02 AM

Quote:

Gemini - power of curiosity
Libra - power of two/collaboration
Unread 02-05-2019, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemwDepth View Post
Gemini - power of curiosity
Libra - power of two/collaboration
Well, he did say literal - Gemini would be twins but then Virgo would literally be virginal - which actually has a lot of valuable connotations.
Unread 02-05-2019, 03:11 AM

Oh fantasy novel, not astrology! Missed that.

Gemini can be Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Power of two personalities.
Unread 02-05-2019, 03:14 AM

I don't see Venus in Gemini as being self-directed though, more spasmotic. But then mine may be out of sect.
Unread 02-05-2019, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Reaction formation is a psychological defense mechanism that masks the disgust for something by going in the exact opposite direction - You hate that person so everyday you always greet them with a big smile and offerings for coffee and refreshments.

Someone can be pushed to not follow convention as a result of this defense mechanism - they aren't truly self-directed.
In the sociology book "The Lonely Crowd", there were 3 basic types: Inner-Directed, Other-Directed, and Tradition-Directed. They made the astute point that, because Inner-Directedness had become considered an admirable Other-Directed trait, it was difficult to distinguish between a truly Inner-Directed person and someone acting that way just to impress others.
They included (and recommended) "Self-Direction" as a blend of all 3, with the emphasis on Inner-Directedness.
Unread 02-05-2019, 03:17 AM

What planets or configurations would you consider to be dominant in someone who is inner-directed? A lot of thoughts are going through my mind right now. I think Uranus, harmonics, and certain obsessive aspects may be key. A Mars placement that isn't social another one, so not liable to be influenced in chosen actions.

Last edited by GemwDepth; 02-05-2019 at 03:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GemwDepth For This Useful Post:
Unread 02-05-2019, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemwDepth View Post
What planets or configurations would you consider to be dominant in someone who is inner-directed? A lot of thoughts are going through my mind right now. I think Uranus, harmonics, and certain obsessive aspects may be key. A Mars placement that isn't social another one, so not liable to be influenced in chosen actions.
First Sign that comes to mind as naturally self-directed is Sagittarius. Uranos is in some ways other-directing, because it encourages deliberate rebellion AGAINST conventional thinking and acting. It's soon moving into Taurus, and in 12/12, that will be about true Self-Direction, in an inventive, materialistic way--very much in tune with this Age of Capricorn, which is naturally inventive and materialistic. But, Uranos in Taurus will be about humanitarian causes, rather than being profit-driven.
Unread 02-05-2019, 04:40 AM

That's an interesting perspective of Uranus. Agree with Taurus, on the other hand what do you think about Aries energy?
Unread 02-05-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
First Sign that comes to mind as naturally self-directed is Sagittarius. Uranos is in some ways other-directing, because it encourages deliberate rebellion AGAINST conventional thinking and acting. It's soon moving into Taurus, and in 12/12, that will be about true Self-Direction, in an inventive, materialistic way--very much in tune with this Age of Capricorn, which is naturally inventive and materialistic. But, Uranos in Taurus will be about humanitarian causes, rather than being profit-driven.
No thats not true, you are making assumptions that are rooted in one specific timeline that from my understanding is ending. Uranus in taurus is in many ways going to be about profit specifically as a self contained profit mindset thats not based on stealing and taking but rather Creating and recieving Will lay the foundation for larger humanitarian causes to follow.

Y

Last edited by ynnest; 02-05-2019 at 06:40 AM.