Does Aspect influence the Ruler to its original Sign in the House?

Amadeus99

Hi all,

I am just a newbie in astrology, currently trying to learn how to interpret my own natal chart to have better understanding about myself.

I have this question regarding rulership. I've read that the Lord of a particular sign will act as the "messenger" from its domicile to its particular position. My question is: does the aspect created in that particular position (ex Mars conjunct Mercury in Aquarius) would also influences the "characteristic" of the planets in its domicile (e.g. Aries/Gemini).

Thank you in advance for the explanation.

Lin

The planets in Aquarius would affect planets in Aries and/or Gemini if they ASPECT planets that happen to be in those signs.

But that question is vague and doesn't take into consideration other aspects made to or by Mars and Merc.
LIN

greybeard

Let's assume Mercury conj. mars in aquarius in 8. Mars rules scorpio 5th and with aries intercepted, co-ruler 10th.

Question: Does the conjunction affect the way Mars rules 5 & 10?

Answer: Yes. Each and every condition affecting Mars affects how Mars performs in all of his lifelong actions. Conditions include but are not limited to aspects, sign and house inhabited, motion (such as Rx or direct). Is the planet Angular? That's a condition.

If the actual king of Shaazamistan is a drunken scoundrel will that not affect his rulership? Just so with our friend Mars.

It is the study of the conditioning of each planet in the chart that makes my Mars (the way I apply my energy) different from your Mars. That is where the life story begins to take on form.

Rulership is more than just a convenient word. It implies Dominion over whatever lies within its domains. The ruler or lord of a sign is said to be the Dispositor of any planet found within that sign...becauses he disposes (of) that planet at his whim (subject to the constraints placed upon him by his own conditioning). Look up the word dispose.

Last edited: