Confused about Uranus

Lys

I'm unsure if my Uranus is in the first or second house. It's right on the cusp (and is in Capricorn). Different websites have told me different things, but I figured I'd be better off asking actual people who are well versed in natal charts (I'm still very new and have not figured everything out yet).

If anyone would be willing to help me further with interpreting my chart, that would be amazing, but right now Uranus is the main thing I'm trying to figure out.

OH also, I feel stupid for this, but in my 8th House (Cancer) there are two symbols; I know one of them is Chiron, but I'm unfamiliar with the second symbol that resembles a cross -- could someone please tell me what that symbol represents?

Thank you, everyone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 34

aldebaran

The cross is called "Vertex", there's a small description of it in that program if you click on it.

I would suggest you verify by the properties of Uranus and thinking about the behavior you had on your whole life, if it seems more on the 1st or in the 2nd.

They are very different houses, one deals with your identity, the way you see your self and handle your self, the other deals with your possessions, things you have, material things that support you.

I would guess that Uranus influences both houses, though.

kimbermoon

Other factors that help define the influence of Uranus includes the house it rules and it's aspects.

Uranus rules the 3rd house, so it relates to the mind, communications, siblings, neighbors and daily activities. Complications in such matters come into effect due to the square aspect with Moon/Mars.

You can experience difficulties with temperament and mood swings, where your emotions can be quite disruptive to your life [unpredictability and instability.] If you can provide me with a birth chart from astrodienst.com I would help to unravel some of the highlights in your chart.

AppLeo

Uranus would be considered to be in both houses.

However, the cusps of the house are the strongest or important, so if you really want an answer, I'd say that Uranus is in the 2nd house.

Lys

Other factors that help define the influence of Uranus includes the house it rules and it's aspects.

Uranus rules the 3rd house, so it relates to the mind, communications, siblings, neighbors and daily activities. Complications in such matters come into effect due to the square aspect with Moon/Mars.

You can experience difficulties with temperament and mood swings, where your emotions can be quite disruptive to your life [unpredictability and instability.] If you can provide me with a birth chart from astrodienst.com I would help to unravel some of the highlights in your chart.

That would mean so much to me! I'm still new at this, but I really want to learn. A lot of what you've said already is very accurate.

astro_w2gw_01_lyssa.11294.25718.gif

Lys

The cross is called "Vertex", there's a small description of it in that program if you click on it.

I would suggest you verify by the properties of Uranus and thinking about the behavior you had on your whole life, if it seems more on the 1st or in the 2nd.

They are very different houses, one deals with your identity, the way you see your self and handle your self, the other deals with your possessions, things you have, material things that support you.

I would guess that Uranus influences both houses, though.

Thank you! Now I have something new to read about - Vertex!

Lys

Uranus would be considered to be in both houses.

However, the cusps of the house are the strongest or important, so if you really want an answer, I'd say that Uranus is in the 2nd house.

Would that make Uranus' placement the most important of the chart?

AppLeo

Would that make Uranus' placement the most important of the chart?

No, just most important regarding the 2nd house.

However, Saturn, Mercury, and Neptune are square to Mars and the Moon, so those planets would be more important regarding your 2nd house.

Astrowise

Lys,

Interpreting someone's birth chart is most definitely an art form. In astrology we like to exclaim there is science involved since there is this synastry or relationship with the human psyche and the planets, luminaries, and other heavenly bodies. But most of all the accumulating of astrological knowledge, honing intuition skills and practice, practice, practice makes for a good astrology. Of course, study on your own and meditating and reflecting on what you learn of astrological configurations and associations in your own birth chart can be quite helpful. Uranus is certainly influential in your birth chart, but I notice Venus seems to have a lot of strength as being on your rising sign and holding rulership over the placement. One might at first think oh my look at the fire sign strength in your chart! But Venus definitely changes what otherwise would show a more fiery, very individualistic and self determined identity. It is not that the enthusiasm and assertiveness of the Sun in Sag. and Moon Mars conjunction in Aries is not still very much apart of your identity...but in some ways you show a creativity and sensitivity that can override the more self centered passion and drive of the luminaries in fire signs including a strong conjunction of Mars and the Moon. I very much see Uranus and the farthest most outer planets (including Pluto, now relegated to Transplanet) as ruling over our unconscious mind. Habits you may have formed since past lives sometimes becoming rigid or showing in an area in our life where we have the need of resolution and growth...these and spiritual/soul aspects of who we are can be partly deciphered from understanding what these planets represent in us. On one level all you read of Uranus makes a lot of sense...rapid fire intuition and insight, rebelliousness, and radical change...all fit with the Uranus influence. But I am fascinated with the stellium (powerful conjunction of multiple planets) which includes Saturn, Neptune, and Mercury along with Uranus. Saturn is counterpart to Uranus in many ways as it shows where a lot of lessons are for you as represented in your birth chart. Saturn is strong as it is in its natural rulership of Capricorn. You do have another interesting counterpoint to what could be an enthusiastic and very self possessed personality. You have too much of the influence of the loving and creative aspect of Venus along with the complexity represented by your strong Saturnian quality combined with the spiritual, dreamy influence of Neptune and your Capricorn colored aspect of communicating to others. What I am saying thus far is that your birth chart is rich in symbolism that can come together to show the unique you. Much more needs to be reflected on in your birth chart and made most real by communicating back and forth with a gifted astrologer, but most of all with self study. I appreciate you sharing your birth chart as I am rusty...not having practiced as a professional astrologer in many years. I try to assist some family and friends and my daughter, whom I love very much, and was born under the sign of Sagittarius and in the same year as you! Your charts are quite different however. They can change quite a lot hour to hour and day to day. those 90 degree or squared planets in your chart just mean you have the drive to accomplish what you set out to. Yes, they can reflect challenges or difficulties but the most successful in many different fields seem to have a fair amount of these dynamic or conflicting aspects in themselves. With the vast majority of planets to the left of your chart, you are pretty self directed as opposed to your life being directed more by relationships to others. Most all planets on the lower half of your chart shows more introversion on your part as opposed to socialization more represented by the top of the chart. Stay passionate in what you do including your astrological self study.

Lys

Lys,

Interpreting someone's birth chart is most definitely an art form. In astrology we like to exclaim there is science involved since there is this synastry or relationship with the human psyche and the planets, luminaries, and other heavenly bodies. But most of all the accumulating of astrological knowledge, honing intuition skills and practice, practice, practice makes for a good astrology. Of course, study on your own and meditating and reflecting on what you learn of astrological configurations and associations in your own birth chart can be quite helpful. Uranus is certainly influential in your birth chart, but I notice Venus seems to have a lot of strength as being on your rising sign and holding rulership over the placement. One might at first think oh my look at the fire sign strength in your chart! But Venus definitely changes what otherwise would show a more fiery, very individualistic and self determined identity. It is not that the enthusiasm and assertiveness of the Sun in Sag. and Moon Mars conjunction in Aries is not still very much apart of your identity...but in some ways you show a creativity and sensitivity that can override the more self centered passion and drive of the luminaries in fire signs including a strong conjunction of Mars and the Moon. I very much see Uranus and the farthest most outer planets (including Pluto, now relegated to Transplanet) as ruling over our unconscious mind. Habits you may have formed since past lives sometimes becoming rigid or showing in an area in our life where we have the need of resolution and growth...these and spiritual/soul aspects of who we are can be partly deciphered from understanding what these planets represent in us. On one level all you read of Uranus makes a lot of sense...rapid fire intuition and insight, rebelliousness, and radical change...all fit with the Uranus influence. But I am fascinated with the stellium (powerful conjunction of multiple planets) which includes Saturn, Neptune, and Mercury along with Uranus. Saturn is counterpart to Uranus in many ways as it shows where a lot of lessons are for you as represented in your birth chart. Saturn is strong as it is in its natural rulership of Capricorn. You do have another interesting counterpoint to what could be an enthusiastic and very self possessed personality. You have too much of the influence of the loving and creative aspect of Venus along with the complexity represented by your strong Saturnian quality combined with the spiritual, dreamy influence of Neptune and your Capricorn colored aspect of communicating to others. What I am saying thus far is that your birth chart is rich in symbolism that can come together to show the unique you. Much more needs to be reflected on in your birth chart and made most real by communicating back and forth with a gifted astrologer, but most of all with self study. I appreciate you sharing your birth chart as I am rusty...not having practiced as a professional astrologer in many years. I try to assist some family and friends and my daughter, whom I love very much, and was born under the sign of Sagittarius and in the same year as you! Your charts are quite different however. They can change quite a lot hour to hour and day to day. those 90 degree or squared planets in your chart just mean you have the drive to accomplish what you set out to. Yes, they can reflect challenges or difficulties but the most successful in many different fields seem to have a fair amount of these dynamic or conflicting aspects in themselves. With the vast majority of planets to the left of your chart, you are pretty self directed as opposed to your life being directed more by relationships to others. Most all planets on the lower half of your chart shows more introversion on your part as opposed to socialization more represented by the top of the chart. Stay passionate in what you do including your astrological self study.

Thank you so much. I didn't expect such a lengthy and thoughtful response. I hope to be as well versed in astrology as you some day.

And thank you for elaborating on Moon and Mars, I was wondering about that placement, but didn't want to make a thread for every single thing that I was curious about.

When I first made my chart, there were three placements that I continuously looked at / felt drawn to: the first was Moon and Mars in Aries / 5th, the second was Pluto and Venus in the Scorpio / 12th, and the last being the Chiron in Cancer / 8th. A lot of what I've heard about Chiron in the 8th House has been accurate so far, but I still have a lot of research to do!

Thank you so much again for taking the time to reply. It really means a lot. I need all the help I can get haha.