Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

All 3 (Stevie Ray more dubious) have those planets bunched up around the ascendant, too. I can see the advantage that combo has in rock. Highly energetic, independence, unafraid to transgress taboos/hop over boundaries, connection to more instinctual forces etc, Sag for broadcasting and wide-range, Scorpio for emotional impact etc. All that coming through the personality can make for a compelling individual.

On Neptune generations. 1990 saw the first rap song topping the charts. By that time both Uranus and Neptune were in Capricorn. Jupiter in Cancer would go on to oppose Neptune, Uranus and Saturn throughout the year.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Two strikes, huh. Nope, like my chart indicates I cull from everywhere. Partly dragging my feet & partly other more at-hand things to deal with, I want to learn a number of languages so I can have more access to original materials. Italian is among the languages I want to learn.

German is another. An example here on this thread over at astro.com - https://forum.astro.com/cgi/forum.cgi?num=1567067917

One sticking point I have is that the "natural zodiac" chart that begins with Aries through Pisces is referred to as the "Thema Mundi". Where the actual Thema Mundi chart begins with Cancer at the ascendant. I know what the particular system is trying to convey with that name, though.

david starling

Here's a throwback. Digging in the crypt for some olds but golds.
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61991

What do you any of you make of this chart? No time so disregard the houses. Once again a Pisces Mercury shows up in the chart of a genius mind. Reminds me of the student done on MENSA members and Mercury in Pisces cropping up as a significant placement among the members tested.

I notice that according to the Debilities Astrodienst is using, Merc in Pisces is in both detriment AND fall.
In 12/12, Mercury in Pisces is a Facilitating placement, combining the Mercurial thought processes with Piscean-style intuitive ability.

david starling

Anyone listen to the Wang Dang Doodle song by Koko Taylor I posted in the Playlist thread? Howlin Wolf's version is more extreme, because he was kinda crazy himself. :biggrin:
I had the privilege of seeing him perform in a small club in L.A., so I know first-hand.

Last edited:

david starling

Howlin Wolf has several top-notch songs, including "Goin Down Slow", and "Spoonfull".
Btw, if you're into Blues, the best version of "The Sky is Crying" is by Elmore James. Even Stevie Ray Vaughan couldn't match it. One thing though, Elmore slurs the very last line, and I remember people trying to decipher it. It's a clever lyric: Instead of "now the sky's been cryin, tears rolling down my door", it's "now this guy's been cryin, tears rollin down my nose". Really elegant guitar, minimalism at its best.

Last edited:

david starling

I saw the band "Cream" performing in a small college auditorium, Clapton on lead guitar, Ginger Baker on drums, Jack Bruce on bass and vocal. They did a great version of "Spoonful", perfect for a live, in-concert venue. The original lyrics are kind of rough, come to think. Definitely NOT PC, so Cream did an expurgated rendition.

Last edited:

david starling

What does “two strikes” mean? I listened to “Nicola and Bart” and, instead of looking at Baez’s chart a bit better, thought of Sacco and Vanzetti and mind wandered from there. Also, I was thinking of the digging I’d done myself last evening thanks to that website that will pull up stored charts by placement, so I looked at Moon in Sagittarius.
That was fun!
Baez’s Mars / Venus are not conjunct, as yours are.

Great thread from greybeard, I’m curious to read more.

David, I listened to/watched Koko Taylor. Sometimes youtube is amazing and I’m so grateful for it. Will listen to the others too but hopefully also dig out the relevant natal charts.

What's the stored placement website? Sounds very useful.

Hkk

Account Closed
Britney Spears
sun sag

Christina aguilera
Sun sag

Kim k sag rising

Taylor swift
Sun sag

Nikki minaj
Sun sag

Miley cyrus
Sun sag

Tina Turner
Sun sag

Rita Ora
Sun sag

Charlie puth
Sun sag

Jay z
Sun sag

Samuel l Jackson and brad Pitt sun sag

World domination
Scorpio trait

david starling

@c.t.
Astrotheme had a different birthtime for Stevie Ray Vaughan than 3 other astrology websites, which all had the same one. The other 3 had him as Scorpio Ascendant, but Astrotheme as Virgo. Virgo does seem a real possibility, and that had the Moon as dominant in 12/12.

david starling

Believe it or not I have a sag stellium Venus Neptune and Mercury all In sag 😱🤔

In 12/12, Neptune in Sagittarius is a Facilitating placement. I lived through that era, and doing creative work, traveling, and partying were so easy compared to later Neptunian placements. Visionary ability was at a high point also. Very high energy seemed the norm, along with flashy, interesting fashion.

Hkk

Account Closed
In 12/12, Neptune in Sagittarius is a Facilitating placement. I lived through that era, and doing creative work, traveling, and partying were so easy compared to later Neptunian placements. Visionary ability was at a high point also. Very high energy seemed the norm, along with flashy, interesting fashion.

I have high energy. Bit too much sometimes! In Ayurvedic i have too much heat in my body. Especially recently. But I’m handling it by eating foods that cool me down. I’m not sure about flashy clothes but I’ve always liked to dress up and always thought it was the libra or Leo in me. When it comes to partying I don’t party much if at all these days. I have creative ideas and visions but in my line of work it got suppressed as that world has its own agenda but that’s another story

conspiracy theorist

Anyone listen to the Wang Dang Doodle song by Koko Taylor I posted in the Playlist thread? Howlin Wolf's version is more extreme, because he was kinda crazy himself. :biggrin:
I had the privilege of seeing him perform in a small club in L.A., so I know first-hand.

I looked it up on youtube when you mentioned it but I prefer the live version that you posted in the music thread. I don't have an affinity for the genre but I did enjoy the song that you posted. It made me realize the disparity between performers then and now, and how being able to work a stage was the norm. You couldn't ******** your way to the top back then, you had to prove yourself in front of an audience time and time again. I can say that a lot of the current reggae and dancehall artists are weak in stage shows, and its a real handicap.

conspiracy theorist

What does “two strikes” mean? I listened to “Nicola and Bart” and, instead of looking at Baez’s chart a bit better, thought of Sacco and Vanzetti and mind wandered from there. Also, I was thinking of the digging I’d done myself last evening thanks to that website that will pull up stored charts by placement, so I looked at Moon in Sagittarius.
That was fun!
Baez’s Mars / Venus are not conjunct, as yours are.

Great thread from greybeard, I’m curious to read more.

David, I listened to/watched Koko Taylor. Sometimes youtube is amazing and I’m so grateful for it. Will listen to the others too but hopefully also dig out the relevant natal charts.

It wasn't the first Italian reference I made yesterday so that's where the two strikes came from. I rechecked Amy Winehouse's chart because I could've sworn she had a Moon in Sagittarius but nope, it's just edged into Capricorn.

conspiracy theorist

@c.t.
Astrotheme had a different birthtime for Stevie Ray Vaughan than 3 other astrology websites, which all had the same one. The other 3 had him as Scorpio Ascendant, but Astrotheme as Virgo. Virgo does seem a real possibility, and that had the Moon as dominant in 12/12.

Interesting. I don't know much about him. Why does Virgo seem like a possibility?

What's the attraction to astrotheme?

david starling

Interesting. I don't know much about him. Why does Virgo seem like a possibility?

What's the attraction to astrotheme?

I like Astrotheme for the Chart format only--never read the interpretation. Strange that the other three agreed with each other, considering such a low rodden rating. If new, more reliable information became available, why wouldn't they all agree, including Astrotheme?
So a Virgo Asc doesn't seem right to you? I thought he had an innocent, wholesome quality about him, that didn't quite fit a Scorpio Ascendant.

conspiracy theorist

I like Astrotheme for the Chart format only--never read the interpretation. Strange that the other three agreed with each other, considering such a low rodden rating. If new, more reliable information became available, why wouldn't they all agree, including Astrotheme?
So a Virgo Asc doesn't seem right to you? I thought he had an innocent, wholesome quality about him, that didn't quite fit a Scorpio Ascendant.

I don't know if they have an astrologer on the payroll that does rectifications based on the events of an individual's life, but in lieu of a proper birthtime what that site seems to do is to rectify by astrological "best fit".

Another example is Elon Musk, birth time unknown. He's an inventor, hyper-intelligent, eccentric, emotionally stilted and is a successful businessman and entrepreneur. This is enough for astrotheme to give him an Aquarius rising with Mars in the 1st house. I'm not confident in such a strategy. Based on that, you aren't the only one with such a view of the man. I don't know enough of him to say either way.